PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Wristwatch

Rocheforte
2007-02-11, 12:09 PM
Sorry to bust chops over little details, but it just stands out to me. Parson's watch keeps fading in and out of existence!

First seen in 14:5
Missing in 16:4
Back in 18:10, 19:1, 20:4, and in 22:10.
Gone in 23:6 and 24:6.

I figure it's a trivial artistic detail, but I keep thinking it's going to be important to the plot.

Constantinople
2007-02-11, 12:13 PM
The Erfworld's time scale is related to turns rather than time itself. The Watch is having a hard time deciding what it should have on its face.

Yellow
2007-02-11, 02:30 PM
The Erfworld's time scale is related to turns rather than time itself. The Watch is having a hard time deciding what it should have on its face.
Didn't you change your name to Istanbul? I thought this name had been a long time gone, Constantinople... why did Constantinople get the works, anyway?

skreweded
2007-02-11, 02:36 PM
Didn't you change your name to Istanbul? I thought this name had been a long time gone, Constantinople... why did Constantinople get the works, anyway?
Thats nobody's business but the Turks!:smallfurious:

Hephaestus
2007-02-13, 07:21 PM
Even Old New York was once New Hampster Dam, why they changed it I can't say. People just liked it better that way!

Back in Jr. High I had a friend who liked taking of his wrist watch and then putting it back on constantly whenever he was bored... Maybe Parson is like him and he takes it off between panels? Anyway, nice catch on that one. I never would've seen that...

Emanick1
2007-02-13, 07:31 PM
GAAAAH! Whyever must people notice more things than me!?!!? :smallfrown:
I agree, anyway, it probably has something to do with Erfworld's time. Possibly Parson is in a game that's actually being played by his group, too (they got a new DM, or one of the other players took over), so whenever something actually determined by the players happens, his wristwatch goes back to regular time.
Improbable theory, but at least I tried. :smalltongue:

Erk
2007-02-13, 07:58 PM
I think it is more that Jamie forgot his watch a couple times and is turning it into a running gag. Since last time this was pointed out, I believe Jamie said something to the effect of "oh snap".

Hilary Moon Murphy
2007-02-14, 09:22 AM
Agreed. I think that this is an error that in hindsight will be turned into a "this will be so cool!" plot point.

I do like the idea of quantum wristwatches though... (The Arkenclock?)

Hmm

pendell
2007-02-14, 10:40 AM
If I remember my history correctly, Constantinople kept that name through Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman times right up until the 20th century, when it was renamed Istanbul in a fit of Turkish nationalism.

And again, IIRC, the Turks had to fight to keep the city, on account of the Greeks wanted it back.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Erk
2007-02-14, 09:46 PM
pendell loses the thread, and is kicked out of the Cool Club.

Because Pendell: that's nobody's business but the Turks.