PDA

View Full Version : The Tenements

Renrik
2007-02-11, 05:10 PM
This complex of four old brick apartment buildings, on the outskirts of the slums, is a large tenement. Each building is 5 floors high, and each floor contains 30 apartments.

Living in the tenement is all manner of humanoids; humans, halflings, goblinoids and orcs, dwarves, elves, gnomes, etc., primarily of lower class or middle class.

The living accomodations here are acceptable. Each apartment contains a bedroom and a living room. Kitchens, dining rooms, and bathrooms are communal, with about 2 kitchens, 1 dining hall, and 5 bathrooms per 10 apartments. Some rats live in the buildings, but they are kept under control.

An apartment cost 1 gp per month in rent.

This is a good place for NPCs to reside, or for PCs who don't have a current residence to live.
------
The tenements are currently owned by a landlord named George Landfrei, who made his fortune in the shipping buisiness (and still has a hand in it) before getting too heavily into real estate.

He is considering selling the tenements. One building costs 4,400 gp. The whole complex can sell for 13,000 gp. (Assuming rent remains the same, this is a four-year investment before profit begins.)

Renrik
2007-02-15, 10:41 PM
A dwarf is found dead in his room in the third building. He has a large abrasion to his ribs, and several stab wounds in his torso. A crossbow bolt is still stuck in his lower gut. His beard is shaved off. A dagger is clutched in his hand.
Scattered around the room are buisiness lists and some documents.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-16, 12:58 AM
Aerin comes in and is shown the dead body. She examines the scene for evidence.
[hr]
After going over the scene thoroughly, she leaves after casting a gentle repose spell on the body and instructing George Landfrei not to let the room be disturbed.

((PM me the evidence))

Dakmor
2007-04-21, 01:01 PM
Yyngvar, coming from the slums (and absolutely nowhere at all before then), walks around the buildings' exteriors, as though surveying it. He bumps into a smaller humanoid. They introduce themselves, and the man turned out to be a Mr. Landfrei---the propreitor.
"Propreitor? Wuzzat? So you can give me a place to stay? I've got nowhere else to head, so I may as well just live here! How much it's gonna cost me?"
Yyngvar gets the price explained to him, and he seems to approve of it. He rents a room on the fifth floor of the first building, just for the view. He tries to smile, very awkwardly, and says that he doesn't have any gold yet, but by the end of the month, he will be able to pay the rent.
"An' if I can't," says he, "just kick me out. I've been like that for a month, I think I can survive another, eh?" He tries to seem friendly and jolly, but rather, it comes across as slightly menacing.

The bugbear slowly trudged up the stairs to his room. Well, I've been settled. No turning back now. Just gotta live with it, I suppose. But, how am I supposed to get any gold in the next ten days? He shook his head, turned the key into his room, flopped down on the bed, and just lied there on the six-and-a-half foot bed, with his head and feet hanging off the edges.