PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The Adept (PEACH)

Ralcos
2014-05-08, 10:54 AM
Yet another custom class made by me. Hopefully you like, and all advice/criticisms are welcome!

Without further ado, here's the Adept.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Iy8nQPjfSaMNehh1uiXZd3YaJMR-Yk_RCIK3Yz8LZ0E/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: Removed the rule of halfing PP and/or Essentia, due to how levelling plays out. I think it balances itself...

EDIT: Updated Studies to include Warmage and Duskblade. Gives those with their first focus in either class gives Light Armor proficiency and the ability to ignore spell failure chance in all light armors.

EDIT: Updated leveling for Studies. Now, you are a bit more powerful as an Adept!

Gildedragon
2014-05-08, 12:14 PM
First of all; what is this guy supposed to do?

I can see the fella as a support figure; a more spell oriented factotum type (though the factotum can cast higher than this fella)

I don't see why you are halving the PPs of this guy (or the essentia for that matter) and not spell slots.
Though in fact I don't see why halve them at all.

Ralcos
2014-05-08, 12:53 PM
First of all; what is this guy supposed to do?

I can see the fella as a support figure; a more spell oriented factotum type (though the factotum can cast higher than this fella)

I don't see why you are halving the PPs of this guy (or the essentia for that matter) and not spell slots.
Though in fact I don't see why halve them at all.

To tell the truth, this class was just an interesting idea I had. A caster that some access to all spells. I know it's limited, but I felt that it'd be cool to be a mix of a few different casters at once.

Should I increase the maximum levels for the Studies?

Gildedragon
2014-05-08, 01:38 PM
Depends. As a support caster the fella is pretty good I think. As a said a more spell oriented factotum; something like a chamaleon 20 level class (I recommend you check out that prc) Now you could stagger the study advancements and make progression tables for stuff like meldshapers.
On a side note: putting the tables here would be nice for ease of reviewing.