PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] I REMEMBER!

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-02-13, 08:37 PM
Eidetic Memory [General]
You never forget a thing.
Benefit: You gain a number of abilities from the fact that you may instantly recall anything you have experienced.

Memorize
Whether you wish it or not you automatically memorize at will as if you had succeeded on a DC 15 Autohypnosis (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/psionicSkills.html#autohypnosis) check even if you have no ranks in that skill.

Retrace Your Steps
You cannot become lost or be mislead. As a full round action you can attempt to recall your exact path, even one taken in total darkness or while blindfolded, though must have found your way there by feel or hearing. For example if you were carried you would not be able to retrace your steps, though you might recognize sounds or smells. As well, you know exactly how far you are in relation to a given point as long as you have personally transversed between those two points.

Discerning the Difference
You gain a +4 bonus to search and spot checks to pierce disguises or notice creatures hiding as long as you have met this person or been through the locale in which is being hid.

Unforgetable
You gain a +4 bonus on saves against powers, spells and special abilities that affect memory.
Special: This feat may only be taken at 1st level.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-13, 08:41 PM
Looks good. I'd take this as a rogue maybe.

Evil_Pacifist
2007-02-13, 09:46 PM
Nice. My brother has this feat.

Flabbicus
2007-02-13, 09:59 PM
I know someone who has to have this feat in real life, its the only reasonable explanation. Probably along with some combination of Jack of All Trades and an incredibly large array of skill points.

Legoman
2007-02-13, 10:10 PM
I like it.

In our group, players often take Knowledge: (I'm not stupid) to remember names of NPC's, locations, etc. This is a nice feat with with some more practical applications.

martyboy74
2007-02-15, 12:10 PM
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=Teal]
Retrace Your Steps
You cannot become lost or be mislead.

That seems kind of...unusual. I didn't know that having an eidetic memory let you remember things you don't know.:smallamused:

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-02-17, 04:35 PM
I know someone who has to have this feat in real life, its the only reasonable explanation.
Yeah, it'd be nice to be eidetic. I have a sort of subconscious memory myself. I'm one of those who never loses anything because I memorized its location before I left it without thinking. I didn't come by this naturally but by being on a work crew where the main guy had memory problems and if you could not remember where he'd left a couple dozen items he'd get in a foul mood and take it out on me.

That seems kind of...unusual. I didn't know that having an eidetic memory let you remember things you don't know.
Well, mislead as in, y'know, turned around a dozen times and sent in a random direction to foil your sense of direction.

starwoof
2007-02-17, 09:13 PM
I wish I had this feat. Instead I just have a ton of ranks in the 3.0 skill Intuit Direction.

Do elephants gain this as a bonus feat? :smallbiggrin:

geez3r
2007-02-18, 12:55 AM
I'd take this feat. It would be weird seeing the party tank having this feat. Knows very little, but remembers every detail of it.

Pronounceable
2007-02-18, 02:54 AM
Read Small Gods, did you?

Icewalker
2007-02-18, 03:18 AM
I like it, but it seems a little bit overpowered for a feat. Not in a combat heavy campaign, but in one involving more espionage and questing/discovery instead of dungeon diving. Love the idea though. Maybe it should take like 2 feats, one requiring the other, and the first requiring first level?

Mewtarthio
2007-02-19, 04:24 PM
I like it, but it seems a little bit overpowered for a feat. Not in a combat heavy campaign, but in one involving more espionage and questing/discovery instead of dungeon diving. Love the idea though. Maybe it should take like 2 feats, one requiring the other, and the first requiring first level?

It's not that powerful, especially for a first-level exclusive feat.

Fax Celestis
2007-02-19, 04:30 PM
There's a PrC in Shining South that has Eidetic Memory as a class ability. Might want to take a look at it.

Maglor_Grubb
2007-02-24, 02:54 PM
Maybe an eidetic memory should give a bonus on bardic knowledge? It represents all sorts of knowledge a bard came across and remembered for no particular reason.

mikeejimbo
2007-02-24, 05:26 PM
Ooh, this reminds me of an Advantage in GURPS.

I think it was called Eidetic Memory.