PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4e Found these 4e D&D version World of Warcraft races over at the Blizzard forums

Zethex
2014-05-16, 10:56 PM
I just though I share them here. Original link (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7764377012).

Fresh from my laptop to yours, here's a set of WoW races playable in Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition. Enjoy!

ALLIANCE

DWARF
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Strength or +2 Wisdom
Size: Medium
Speed: 5 squares
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Common, Dwarven
Skill Bonuses: +2 Endurance, +2 History
Explorer: When you make a Perception check, roll twice and use either result.
Frost Resistance: You have cold resistance equal to 5 + one-half your level.
Stoneform: You have the stoneform power.

Stoneform, Dwarf Racial Power
Pushing aside the curse of flesh, you become an elemental being of stone for a short time.
Encounter
Minor Action, Personal
Effect: You gain resist 2 to all damage until the end of your next turn and can make a saving throw against each effect on you that deals ongoing damage.
Level 11: Resist 5 to all damage.
Level 11: Resist 7 to all damage.

GNOME
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Intelligence, +2 Constitution or +2 Dexterity
Size: Small
Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, Dwarven
Skill Bonuses: +2 Arcana, +2 Dungeoneering
Arcane Resistance: You have force resistance equal to 5 + one-half your level.
Escape Artist: You have a +2 racial bonus to checks made to escape a grab and the escape artist power.
Expansive Mind: You know one extra 1st level at-will attack power from your class.

Escape Artist, Gnome Racial Power
With a hop and a jump, your movement is easily unobstructed.
Encounter
Free Action, Personal
Trigger: You start your turn slowed, immobilized, or restrained
Effect: The triggering effect ends, and you can shift up to 3 squares.

HUMAN
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence or +2 Strength
Speed: 6 squares

Languages: Common, choice of one other
Skill Bonuses: +2 Diplomacy, +2 Perception
Diplomat: Diplomacy is always a class skill for you. In addition, you can use Diplomacy instead of Intimidate to force enemies to surrender.
Every Man For Himself: You have the every man for himself power.
The Human Spirit: You have a +1 racial bonus to your Will defense.

Every Man For Himself, Human Racial Power
An effect that would otherwise hinder you is easily cast aside; nothing can stop you for long.
Encounter
Immediate Reaction, Personal
Trigger: You suffer an effect that would slow, immobilize, restrain, or dominate you that a save can end
Effect: You make a saving throw against the triggering effect with a +2 racial bonus.

NIGHT ELF
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Strength or +2 Wisdom
Speed: 7 squares

Languages: Common, Elven
Skill Bonuses: +2 Nature, +2 Stealth
Nature Resistance: You have poison resistance equal to 5 + one-half your level.
Quickness: You have a +1 racial bonus to your Reflex defense.
Shadowmeld: You have the shadowmeld power.

Shadowmeld, Night Elf Racial Power
You become one with the night, the shadows bending to hide you from view.
Encounter
Minor Action, Personal
Effect: You are invisible until you attack, move, or until the end of your next turn.
Aftereffect: You gain a +5 racial bonus to Stealth until the end of your next turn.

DRAENEI
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Wisdom, +2 Constitution or +2 Intelligence

Skill Bonuses: +2 Diplomacy, +2 Religion
Gift of the Naaru: You have the gift of the naaru power.
Heroic Presence: You gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls.
Shadow Resistance: You have necrotic resistance equal to 5 + one-half your level.

Gift of the Naaru, Draenei Racial Power
The naaru watch over you and your allies, healing who you name.
Encounter * Healing
Minor Action, Close burst 5
Target: You or one ally in the burst
Effect: The target regains hit points equal to 5 + one-half your level.

WORGEN
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity or +2 Intelligence

Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Perception
Abberation: You have necrotic resistance and poison resistance equal to 5 + one-half your level.
Darkflight: You have the darkflight power.
Two Forms: You have the two forms power.
Viciousness: Whenever you score a critical hit, you deal additional damage equal to your level.

Darkflight, Worgen Racial Power
Harnessing your instincts, you race across the battlefield with the speed of a wild animal.
Encounter
Minor Action, Personal
Effect: You gain a +4 racial bonus to speed until the end of your next turn.

Two Forms, Worgen Racial Power
For a brief time, you can return to your former shape as a human.
At-Will (Special) * Polymorph
Minor Action, Personal
Effect: You change into your human form. The new form lasts until you cancel it as a free action, or until you attack or are attacked. While you are in human form, other creatures can attempt to discern your true nature by making an Insight check opposed by your Bluff check; you gain a +5 bonus to your check.
Special: You can use this power only once per round.

HORDE

ORC
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution or +2 Dexterity

Languages: Common, Giant
Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Intimidate
Blood Fury: You have the blood fury power.
Command: Whenever you grant an ally a power bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, or a defense, the bonus increases by 1.
Hardiness: You have a +2 racial bonus to saving throws against the dazed and stunned conditions.

Blood Fury, Orc Racial Power
With a shout, you push yourself to attack with the strength of the Horde.
Encounter
Free Action, Personal
Trigger: You hit an enemy with an attack
Effect: The attack deals 1[W] extra damage if it’s a weapon attack or 1d8 extra damage if it is not a weapon attack.

TAUREN
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Wisdom, +2 Strength or +2 Constitution

Languages: Common, Giant
Skill Bonuses: +2 Endurance, +2 Nature
Cultivation: When you make a Nature check, roll twice and use either result.
Endurance: You have 5 additional hit points. These additional hit points increase to 10 at 11th level and 15 at 21st level.
Nature Resistance: You have poison resistance equal to 5 + one-half your level.
War Stomp: You have the war stomp power.

War Stomp, Tauren Racial Power
You slam the ground with your hoof, knocking your enemies off-balance.
Encounter
Minor Action, Close burst 1
Attack: Highest ability modifier vs. Reflex. You gain a +2 bonus to the attack roll.
Level 11: The bonus increases to +4.
Level 21: The bonus increases to +6.
Hit: The target is knocked prone.

TROLL
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence or +2 Wisdom
Speed: 7 squares

Languages: Common
Skill Bonuses: +2 Acrobatics, +2 Nature
Berserking: You have the berserking power.
Da Voodoo Shuffle: You have a +2 racial bonus to saving throws against the slowed and immobilized conditions.
Regeneration: Your healing surge value is increased by 2. This bonus increases to 4 at 11th level and 6 at 21st level.

Berserking, Troll Racial Power
Your movements are filled with primal fury as you make a follow-up attack.
Encounter
Free Action, Personal
Trigger: You hit or miss an enemy with an attack on your turn
Effect: You make a basic attack against the target.

FORSAKEN
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity or +2 Intelligence

Skill Bonuses: +2 Dungeoneering, +2 Intimidate
Shadow Resistance: You have necrotic resistance equal to 5 + one-half your level.
Undead: You are considered an undead creature for the purpose of effects that relate to the undead keyword. You do not need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep. You never make Endurance checks to resist the effect of starvation, thirst, or suffocation. All other conditions and effects affect you normally.
Will of the Forsaken: You have a +1 racial bonus to your Will defense. In addition, you have the will of the forsaken power.

Will of the Forsaken, Forsaken Racial Power
The glorious voice of the banshee queen cuts through any attempts to sway your mind.
Encounter
No Action, Personal
Trigger: You start your turn
Effect: You end any charm or fear effect currently affecting you.

BLOOD ELF
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Charisma, +2 Dexterity or +2 Intelligence

Languages: Common, Elven, choice of one other
Skill Bonuses: +2 Arcana, +2 Diplomacy
Arcane Affinity: You have mastered the Enchant Magic Item and Disenchant Magic Item rituals, and can perform them without a ritual book as if you were two levels higher.
Arcane Resistance: You have force resistance equal to 5 + one-half your level.
Arcane Torrent: You have the arcane torrent power.

Arcane Torrent, Blood Elf Racial Power
An inward rush of magical energy saps your enemies while invigorating you.
Encounter
Minor Action, Close burst 2
Target: Each enemy in the burst
Effect: The target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn. You gain a +2 power bonus to the attack roll of your next attack before the end of your next turn.

GOBLIN
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma or +2 Dexterity
Size: Small

Skill Bonuses: +2 Bluff, +2 Thievery
Best Deals Anywhere: You are trained in Bluff.
Better Living Through Chemistry: You can make alchemical items as though you had the Alchemist feat and were two levels higher.
Rocket Belt: You have the rocket barrage and rocket jump powers.

Rocket Barrage, Goblin Racial Power
Your belt holds mechanical secrets, including a missile launcher and a rocket booster.
Encounter * Fire, Rocket Belt
Minor Action, Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: Highest ability modifier vs. Reflex. You gain a +4 bonus to the attack roll.
Level 11: The bonus increases to +6.
Level 21: The bonus increases to +8.
Hit: 1d6 + highest ability modifier fire damage, and you push the target 3 squares.
Special: You can use only one rocket belt power per encounter.

Rocket Jump, Goblin Racial Power
Your belt holds mechanical secrets, including a missile launcher and a rocket booster.
Encounter * Rocket Belt
Move Action, Personal
Effect: You fly 8 squares. You must land at the end of this movement.
Special: You can use only one rocket belt power per encounter.

NEUTRAL

PANDAREN
RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Scores: +2 Wisdom, +2 Constitution or +2 Charisma

Skill Bonuses: +2 Acrobatics, +2 Diplomacy
Bouncy: You have a +1 racial bonus to your Reflex defense. In addition, you take half damage from a fall and always land on your feet.
Inner Peace: After each short or extended rest, you gain temporary hit points equal to 5 + one-half your level.
Quaking Palm: You have the quaking palm power.

Quaking Palm, Pandaren Racial Power
With a swift touch of your palm, your opponent is temporarily incapacitated.
Encounter
Minor Action, Melee 1
Target: One creature
Attack: Highest ability modifier vs. Fortitude. You gain a +4 bonus to the attack roll.
Level 11: The bonus increases to +6.
Level 21: The bonus increases to +8.
Hit: The target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Care to PEACH in case I or anyone else wants to use them?

Cloud
2014-05-17, 06:56 AM
Hmm, interesting, just a brief overview for now I guess.

For all the racial powers that have attack rolls, they don't have weapon or implement keywords, and target non-AC defenses, so they need 1/2/3 added for missed feats, and 1/2/3/4/5/6 from missed enhancement bonuses. So instead of being +4/+6/+8 they should be +3/+6/+9.

For dwarf, they should probably still have Dwarven Weapon Proficiency, if perhaps related to maces and guns or something for a WoW dwarf. While not a WoW ability, they should probably keep the 4e dwarf ability of Encumbered Speed. Explorer should use dungeoneering (while perception is search, explorer as the WoW trait helps them be better archeologists). The resist on Stoneform is pretty eh, and could probably be 3/7/11 per tier, though that might make the power too good overall.

For Humans, Diplomat probably shouldn't also give a new use to intimidate.

For Night Elf, hmm, they should be graceful, but I wonder if nimbleness covers that and if the attribute bonuses shouldn't be +2 Wisdom, +2 Strength or Dexterity. Just imagining one of the Druids of the Claw being agile as heck, but having to choose between Wisdom or Strength, seems odd, and I think Wisdom would be more common stat between the night elves. You could still use Wisp as an ability, if largely a fluff one, to make Raise Dead easier.

For Draenei while technically heroic presence is accurate to WoW, it's stupid powerful in 4e. Perhaps make it only work when they're not bloodied or something. Gift of the Naaru definitely needs to be changed to involve a healing surge be used or something.

For Worgen, Viciousness is kind of ridiculous on crit-fishing builds. Half level might work a bit better.

For Tauren, Endurance doesn't give enough extra health to be worthwhile (yes I know it's just toughness, but still), perhaps 3 + half level or something, and maybe boost your healing surge value by 1/4/7 or something.

For Trolls, regeneration is probably a bit weak. Also limited in use but might as well give them +1 racial to attack rolls against monsters with the Beast type or something, just to match the WoW abilities a bit more.

Zethex
2014-05-17, 08:45 AM
First of all I have to be completely honest and say that I don't really know much about 4e. I just found the races over there and thought sharing them here would be the thing to do. So I don't know about numeric balance but I could add my opinion on the fluff.

For all the racial powers that have attack rolls, they don't have weapon or implement keywords, and target non-AC defenses, so they need 1/2/3 added for missed feats, and 1/2/3/4/5/6 from missed enhancement bonuses. So instead of being +4/+6/+8 they should be +3/+6/+9.
I didn't really understand any of this part. But maybe that just means I should read the 4e PHB.

For dwarf, they should probably still have Dwarven Weapon Proficiency, if perhaps related to maces and guns or something for a WoW dwarf. While not a WoW ability, they should probably keep the 4e dwarf ability of Encumbered Speed. Explorer should use dungeoneering (while perception is search, explorer as the WoW trait helps them be better archeologists). The resist on Stoneform is pretty eh, and could probably be 3/7/11 per tier, though that might make the power too good overall.
How would the Proficiency stuff translate then though? Also, normally Dwarven casters don't use guns, even in the fluff.
Why would they get the encumbered speed thing? Because their default movement is slower and they would be too gimped as medium sized fighters? Do the Gnomes and Goblins have a large advantage over them by being small?
I agree with the Explorer part. I'd even go so far as to say that they should have +2 Dungeoneering instead of History. Perception is also stuff like Spot and Listen right? Don't know if that makes so much sense. Although I guess Dwarves also explore surface areas and view the lands from their flying machines. Still, excavating cave complexes is what they do and they were also known as miners before they discovered all the Titan stuff.
Would Stoneform be too strong if it lasts two turns? Because in WoW it does have a duration, even though 8 seconds isn't much more than a turn.

For Humans, Diplomat probably shouldn't also give a new use to intimidate.
It isn't giving any new use for the Intimidate skill. It lets you use Diplomacy to make enemies not fight you instead of Intimidate.

For Night Elf, hmm, they should be graceful, but I wonder if nimbleness covers that and if the attribute bonuses shouldn't be +2 Wisdom, +2 Strength or Dexterity. Just imagining one of the Druids of the Claw being agile as heck, but having to choose between Wisdom or Strength, seems odd, and I think Wisdom would be more common stat between the night elves. You could still use Wisp as an ability, if largely a fluff one, to make Raise Dead easier.
Honestly, a Night Elf who is wise and strong but not dextrous makes just as little sense. It's pretty much that Strength is the odd one out. But from the 4 remaining attributes Strength is the most fitting one I guess and honestly I think Dexterity is just a bit more archetypical than Wisdom for the Night Elves, although it may be a matter of opinion and interpretation. The Druids of the Claw in WoW can also become panthers and they also always placed importance on Agility even in tanky bear form. More so than strength. About the Wisp thing I don't know. While its fun in the video game it always felt weird to me when I thought of Azeroth as a self-consistent world where death actually means something. It also never really was explained in lore. Warcraft doesn't mention the afterlife in general.

For Draenei while technically heroic presence is accurate to WoW, it's stupid powerful in 4e. Perhaps make it only work when they're not bloodied or something. Gift of the Naaru definitely needs to be changed to involve a healing surge be used or something.

Imagine if it was still an aura like in the old days of WoW :smalltongue:. Do all low level heals use healing surge in 4e?

For Worgen, Viciousness is kind of ridiculous on crit-fishing builds. Half level might work a bit better.
Normally Viciousness increase the crit chance but if I remember right 4e doesn't require confirmation rolls upon criting so that wouldn't really be possible to do fairly.

For Tauren, Endurance doesn't give enough extra health to be worthwhile (yes I know it's just toughness, but still), perhaps 3 + half level or something, and maybe boost your healing surge value by 1/4/7 or something.
Boosting healing surge doesn't really make sense.

For Trolls, regeneration is probably a bit weak. Also limited in use but might as well give them +1 racial to attack rolls against monsters with the Beast type or something, just to match the WoW abilities a bit more.
Trolls surge could be boosted on the other hand, or is that not how it works?