PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying/Craft Prestige Class?

ufo
2007-02-14, 11:38 AM
Hey, I would like to know if there are any prestige classes that enhance your character's ability to craft.. stuff..

Because I'm making a character for a pure roleplay campaign, and prestige classe are shiny :smallbiggrin:

hewhosaysfish
2007-02-14, 11:40 AM
There's Maester from CAd but that's gnome-only. Or Effigy Master from CAr which isn't about crafting in general but specifically creating constructs.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-14, 11:55 AM
Are you talking about crafting magical items or using the Craft skill to make mundane items?

If it's the latter, you might get something out of Exemplar from Complete Adventurer. That one has the hook of "Pick a skill. You are now insanely good at it." So make yourself a Weaponsmith exemplar, and you're set. The primary downside is that a number of class abilities assume checks that can be made in combat-scale time. Craft is not such a skill. I don't have the book in front of me right now, so I'm not going into detail, and I can't tell if it really would be a good choice.

For magical items, there are a bunch of classes that are keyed towards that. hewhosaysfish mentioned two of them. The Shadowsmith from Tome of Magic also sticks out in my mind.

You might also want to check Eberron material for Artificer-targeted PrCs.

Hario
2007-02-14, 12:01 PM
There is a PrC called something like Dwarven Runemaster or something it adds crafting feats every level, its not half bad either, I second Artificer base class from Eberron, it is totally worth it, I should know I play on in my current game.

Neek
2007-02-14, 01:37 PM
Multiclass as an expert, perhaps? It wouldn't be hard to create a prestige class for an Expert Skillperson, providing stacking Skill Foci over the course of 10 levels, with a 1/2 HD BAB/High Fort/Low Ref/Low Will. I would believe the requirements'd be rather easy, too: 10 ranks in Skill, Skill Focus (Skill), and acceptance into an appropriate Guild, and some dues as well. Hmm... wouldn't be too hard to put together at all...

Khantalas
2007-02-14, 02:48 PM
I believe The Demented One (uh, that may be someone else) whipped up a Master Crafter prestige class.

AtomicKitKat
2007-02-14, 10:01 PM
Dwarven Battlesmith(Races of Stone) and Ollam(Complete Adventurer). Both are rather race-specific though, but you can probably bypass that requirement by taking the Stoneblessed PrC(Also Races of Stone).

Jack_Simth
2007-02-14, 10:19 PM
Candlecrafter's amusing.

Josh Inno
2007-02-15, 01:21 PM
Yes, there is indeed a prestige class called master craftsman. Another PC in our local RPGA group has an Arcanus character with it. No idea what book it's from though. Sorry.