PDA

View Full Version : Miko joins linear Guild?

R.O.A.
2007-02-16, 03:24 PM
Do you think Miko :miko: could/would ever join the linear guild?
Maybe for revenge on OOTS?
:smallsmile:

JKR
2007-02-16, 03:30 PM
Nope, unless they tricked her, which would be pretty easy.

The Hammer of Thor
2007-02-16, 03:34 PM
Miko would never join the Linear Guild willfully. She is lawful good and would see siding with the evil guys completely out of the question. However, Nale would easily be able to trick her, so it's a bad idea.

KillerCardinal
2007-02-16, 03:38 PM
Do you think Miko :miko: could/would ever join the linear guild?
Maybe for revenge on OOTS?
:smallsmile:

I'd be surprised really. I can ALMOST see a temporary alliance, but I don't thing that the stick that :miko: has wouldn't allow her to stay with them after the first overt evil act they made in front of her. And I definately don't think that :nale: and :thog: would be able to restrain themselves for long.

Lord Faranor
2007-02-16, 03:41 PM
I´ve said this in another thread, but here it goes: They were inprisioned without a trial, by the people Miko hates the most. I bet Miko will join the Linear Guild without being asked! (Nale will think it's risky to have a paladin in the band...) She could easily Detect Evil in any of them (perhaps not Thog, though) but... oh, yes, she lost her powers!

That'll be funny to see...

Alfryd
2007-02-16, 03:48 PM
Nope, unless they tricked her, which would be pretty easy.
Of course, Miko could end up working with or for the LG without actually accompanying them for any great length of time.

Josh Inno
2007-02-16, 04:13 PM
:thog: "Thog not evil stinky do-do head! Thor protect kittens and puppies. Not EAT them!"

JKR
2007-02-16, 04:13 PM
Of course, Miko could end up working with or for the LG without actually accompanying them for any great length of time.

That's true. I don't think I'd mind seeing that happen either. It would be interesting.

Mr Wizard
2007-02-16, 04:29 PM
This is pretty likely, for some of the reasons Lord Faranor gave. I will also add that Miko wont know they are evil, not only because she can no longer detect it, but because, IIRC, this will be the first time she meets them. And Sabine has already proved she can hide her outsider nature from others, and Thog does like puppies...

We already know that Nale is adept at manipulating a confused and vulnerable young woman.:smallwink:

Also, if possible, a spoiler tag should be added to the title.

tgva8889
2007-02-16, 04:33 PM
I think that it is possible. She is no longer a paladin, which could possibly mean she is no longer Lawful Good, but rather, Lawful Neutral or perhaps even Evil (though unlikely). If she IS no longer Lawful Good, she would perhaps join the guild out of vengence on the Order. Though, she would have to be the polar opposite of someone. Hmm...

I don't think she will join the guild, though, because she still believes in upholding the good acts of all, and would not tolerate the evil acts that the Guild commits.

Alfryd
2007-02-16, 04:35 PM
And Sabine has already proved she can hide her outsider nature from others...It's been pointed out that she couldn't use her polymorph abilities within the anti-magic cells, which might or mightn't be a problem.

Querzis
2007-02-16, 04:45 PM
I dont want it to happen since I love the Linear Guild and hate Miko but I know its gonna happen. She has everything to fill the last spot in the Linear Guild (taking disproportionate revenge over quasi-imaginated slight, being the perfect opposite for Belkar and insanity.) I know Nale is gonna want her to join them and I know its gonna be easy for him to trick her. Beside, she is already Lawfull Neutral, maybe even lawfull evil and she already said that she doesnt trust detect evil anymore. She just follow her wicked version of good and evil and in her version of good and evil, anyone who help the OOTS are evil and everyone who try to kill them are good.

So yeah, she is gonna join the Linear Guild but I hope she get killed by Belkar soon.

Mr Wizard
2007-02-16, 04:54 PM
It's been pointed out that she couldn't use her polymorph abilities within the anti-magic cells, which might or mightn't be a problem.

I guess that would depend on whether the cells faced each other or not. Even if Miko knew she was an outsider, Nale could say they were not associates, and if she were able to escape later, rejoin the group disguised as a fellow adventurer.

One reason I forgot to mention is that joining the LG leaves the most options open for Miko as a character. She could attone, after finding that Nale had been duping her and learning that they were former associates of Xykon. She might, with A LOT of coaxing from Nale (much more than a months worth), embrace evil, and since one of the prerequisites is peaceful contact with an outsider...

There are other possibilities, that are a little more wild and out there, or extensions of the previous paths (like joining Xykon after becoming a Blackguard, even though she would be evil by then, she doesn't forgive and forget, in the same way she was good and yet still an antagonist to the OotS)

So just joining the LG doesn't mean she is guaranteed to be evil. The only thing we really know is that Miko will continue to be an antagonist, but even that may change.:smallwink:

Alfryd
2007-02-16, 05:08 PM
...(taking disproportionate revenge over quasi-imaginated slights...)
To be entirely fair, I don't think the slights in question left much to the imagination.

She might, with A LOT of coaxing from Nale (much more than a months worth), embrace evil, and since one of the prerequisites is peaceful contact with an outsider...
The trick would be coaxing her to stay that long without blatant atrocities on the part of the remaining LG souring the relationship prematurely.

The main problem I have with Miko joining the LG for the long haul is that, frankly, they're out of her league. For all their machiavellian scheming, when you get right down to it the LG are black-comic relief. Miko is a *serious* threat.
Besides, the power struggle between Nale, the agonizingly drawn-out theatrical ditherer and Miko, the decisive and resolute grim terminatrix would probably end in tears rather sooner than later, relatively speaking.

ozymand1as
2007-02-16, 05:50 PM
Nah, she still thinks she's a paladin

The Extinguisher
2007-02-16, 06:34 PM
No.

On the antagonist scale, Miko is more on the serious side, and the Linear Guild in on the comedy side. They would not fit well together, and would dampen each's antagonist role.

Xylin Nialo
2007-02-16, 07:04 PM
NO i dont think :miko: could join the Linear Guild, because of the fact that she thinks what she did was perfectly in line with being lawful good. Therefore she is still under the impression the she is LG (tho her Dm would have to alter her Alin after what she did), and wouldnt join shuch a blatently evil party. And :thog: is not evil, he is only misguided :smallbiggrin:

Tekren
2007-02-16, 07:11 PM
Miko's in jail, next to an Evil Outsider and a Very Smooth Talker.

Said Smooth Talker could likely overhear Miko's impending 'OoTS are Evil' monologue, and convince her to join thier side- as a means to a end.

'means to an end' thinking can quickly lead to blackgaurd status. Quickly.

The question then becomes: does Miko have 5 ranks in hide?

As to the 'failure of plot purpose' for these characters, Miko only has to have made peaceful contact. They can then part ways and she can plot the OoTS' doom alone.

Pauwel
2007-02-16, 07:24 PM
Miko could possibly replace Thog as Roy's opposite, if Thog decides to leave the Linear Guild (which I have some sort of feeling he will, although I can of course be wrong). As Tekren mentioned, Miko is crazy enough at this point to let the end justify the means and descent into the evil alignments and turn blackguard.
As for the ranks of Hide, she has almost certainly has at least two Monk levels (Stunning Fist), so she could easily have those skill ranks.

Yzorth
2007-02-16, 07:50 PM
I think Miko will eventually become a blackguard and then be the Linear Guild's "secret weapon". Things will play out from there based on the plot at the time.

zeratul
2007-02-16, 07:54 PM
whos evil opposite would she be?

KillerCardinal
2007-02-16, 07:58 PM
And :thog: is not evil, he is only misguided :smallbiggrin:

Well, the jury is still out on that for me. However, while under Nale's influence, I don't think that he'd be able to hold back on the overt vil acts:smallwink:.

Querzis
2007-02-16, 08:14 PM
whos evil opposite would she be?

Lets see, she hate the OOTS but hate Belkar more everyone else and Belkar hate her more then everyone else too. Belkar want to do evil things but keep doing good things since he joined the OOTS while Miko do evil things in the name of good. Belkar currently doesnt have an opposite in the Linear Guild because he killed the other two. They are rivals who already had a duel when Miko still had her paladin power. Belkar could have killed her in that fight but he didnt while Miko would have killed him if Shojo didnt stop her. Belkar and Miko have two very different personnalities and belief....So I guess Miko is gonna be Haley opposite.

War
2007-02-16, 08:26 PM
Miko doesn't play well with others. If she couldn't stand the Sticks themselves, it's hard to believe the Linears would do any better... they enjoy being evil a bit too much. They could doubtless get on her good side for a while, but sooner or later they're gonna start murdering people for fun.

But it's possible. I guess it's a matter of whether hating Roy and co. has completely overtaken all of Miko's other ideals, or whether she still sees herself as upholding good foremost.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-02-17, 12:44 PM
I hope not. Miko is a good, psycho villain. The LG are moronic inept nusciances who have gotten far to much strip time lately.

Zare
2007-02-17, 06:05 PM
Nale and Miko would not be able to work together. Miko would never take orders from him. She just isn't the lackey-type person. Both Miko and Nale would be competing for power.

SmartAlec
2007-02-17, 06:44 PM
Suppose, then, that Sabine ditched Nale in favour of the new mission of drawing Miko to the side of evil, leaving Nale and Thog to blunder about on their own?

Furin_Mirado
2007-02-17, 06:55 PM
I think Miko would be better off joining a team of her power level, i.e. Xykon's Crew. She doesn't fit with the LG because she's obviously stronger than any individual and she's more dark and serious as well.

Ave
2007-02-17, 07:15 PM
Bah, comic relief???
The Linear Guild almost destroyed the Order at least two times.
Ok, they are a comic relief just like Xykon because this is a fantasy parody of sorts.
Miko was ridiculous a few times just as well.

Querzis
2007-02-17, 09:58 PM
Bah, comic relief???
The Linear Guild almost destroyed the Order at least two times.
Ok, they are a comic relief just like Xykon because this is a fantasy parody of sorts.
Miko was ridiculous a few times just as well.

True that. The Linear guild were closer to destroying the OOTS then Miko or Xikon and they killed about 200 civilians just to lead the police to the battle but for some reason people think they are comic relief just because Thog is in the Linear Guild...he isnt the only member you know.

Skippy the Dire
2007-02-18, 12:22 AM
Miko joins the Linear Guild if two things are true -

1) Belkar reforms enough to let Hinjo associate with him, and
2) Hinjo joins Oots.

Miko isn't Belkar's opposite - there will be a Yakyak or Yekyek or Yukyuk for that.

Miko is HINJO's opposite, and has already shown a desire to kill him far out of proportion to anything he has done to her.

And I can see all of the above happening. All too easily.

Haruki-kun
2007-02-18, 01:37 AM
I think Nale, (who's gonnabe in Jail with her, notice) is VERY capable of tricking Miko into ANYTHING against the OOTS. I mean, if Xykon convinced her without even realizing it......

I wonder, though..... Who's evil opposite is she?

yenober
2007-02-18, 01:57 AM
I don't think that Miko will be joining the linear guild. I have a sneaking suspicion that she will be forced to either join or work for OOTS. Just think of all the heartburn that there will be to go around. It's easy to fight an enemy you hate. Not so easy to work with someone you have conflict with. But very amusing to watch from the outside.

Jawajoey
2007-02-18, 05:35 AM
I think it is totally possible.

-She knows nothing of the LG.
-She *might* be able to derive that they are opposites of the OOTS (Elan/Nale at least) which, from here POV, would make them Good.
-She could easily learn that they are the enemy of the OOTS, which alone would convince her that they're good, even without the direct "opposites" connection
-The guards and Paladins also know nothing of the truth behind LG's imprisonment, so no one could inform Miko of them being evil or anything. The paladins would even see the LG's imprisonment as unjust (at least unlawful), too.
-Nale knows an opportunity when he sees it. Miko is a talented fighter, (even powers-less) a known paladin figurehead, and a sworn enemy of the OOTS.
-Nale is a smooth talker, and is particularly good at deception, which is exactly what he would need to do to "recruit" Miko.
-Given the circumstances, it wouldn't even take that much effort to talk Miko into trusting the LG

I'm not saying it will happen, but it makes sense that it could.

The most interesting counter-argument I've heard in this thread is that Miko is a serious antagonist, while the LG is a comedic/annoying antagonist.

That's a good point, but I think people underestimate how entertaining it might be to witness Nale's manipulations of Miko, and hiding his evilness. It would be an interesting thing to add to the story. Also, assuming that course was started on, there is no telling how long it would last. Just because Miko joined Nale doesn't mean they'd be teammates forever. In fact, I find that very unlikely.

Finally, one thing to think of, is how are the villains stacked right now in general?
There's Xykon, who has Redcloak, MITD, and an army.
There's Miko, who is angry, confused, imprisoned, and won't join Xykon.
There's the LG, which is imprisoned, helpless, angry, and has not reason to join Xykon.

Two weakened parties with a common enemy, and one who's on his own with his own team.

I know we'll be seeing a lot of Xykon in the immediate future, and I think that what happens with the other two villains and their relationships with eachother will depend very much on exactly how much Xykon accomplishes.

Green Bean
2007-02-18, 09:18 AM
Meh. A Miko/LG alliance just doesn't seem workable to me. For one, she doesn't really have an opposite. Belkar wouldn't work, and Roy (the only other remotely real possibility) would require the removal of :thog:. Plus, Miko doesn't play well with others; she's used to working on her own.

However, I do like the idea of some contact between the LG and Miko. Even if she doesn't join, Nale could at the very least further convince Miko of the OotS's treachery...

V Junior
2007-02-18, 09:33 AM
It all depends on one thing- is Miko's cell next to that of the LG?

Yes: Miko and Sabine engage in 'girl talk', Miko blackgaurds, and they bust out. She still hates Belkar, though!
No: This is slightly more tricky. This outcome provokes two more:

No1: Miko stays fallen.
No2: Miko busts out. Another two!

No2a: Finds OOTS, stays fallen by attacking.
No2b: Finds OOTS, re-becomes paladin. Another few...

No2b1: Re-becomes paladin, stays in AC
No2b2: Re-becomes paladin, allies with OOTS (and Belkar!), loses powers again.

BUT

Yes1: Miko allies with LG.
Yes2: Stays imprisoned.

Yes2a: Escapes, seeks revenge on Belkar
Yes1a: Allience causes Miko to help LG to vistory against OOTS (Thwacked them when paladin (twice)+Smite Law (helpful against the good members)+ Pure hatred of Belkar+ LG= VICTORY!)

So... it's a matter of one thing, making a flow chart!

EDIT: Did I forget to metion that it's mainly BAD for OOTS, GOOD for Miko? Oh no!!!!

EvilElitest
2007-02-18, 10:52 PM
I think it is totally possible.

-She knows nothing of the LG.
-She *might* be able to derive that they are opposites of the OOTS (Elan/Nale at least) which, from here POV, would make them Good.
-She could easily learn that they are the enemy of the OOTS, which alone would convince her that they're good, even without the direct "opposites" connection
-The guards and Paladins also know nothing of the truth behind LG's imprisonment, so no one could inform Miko of them being evil or anything. The paladins would even see the LG's imprisonment as unjust (at least unlawful), too.
-Nale knows an opportunity when he sees it. Miko is a talented fighter, (even powers-less) a known paladin figurehead, and a sworn enemy of the OOTS.
-Nale is a smooth talker, and is particularly good at deception, which is exactly what he would need to do to "recruit" Miko.
-Given the circumstances, it wouldn't even take that much effort to talk Miko into trusting the LG

I'm not saying it will happen, but it makes sense that it could.

The most interesting counter-argument I've heard in this thread is that Miko is a serious antagonist, while the LG is a comedic/annoying antagonist.

That's a good point, but I think people underestimate how entertaining it might be to witness Nale's manipulations of Miko, and hiding his evilness. It would be an interesting thing to add to the story. Also, assuming that course was started on, there is no telling how long it would last. Just because Miko joined Nale doesn't mean they'd be teammates forever. In fact, I find that very unlikely.

Finally, one thing to think of, is how are the villains stacked right now in general?
There's Xykon, who has Redcloak, MITD, and an army.
There's Miko, who is angry, confused, imprisoned, and won't join Xykon.
There's the LG, which is imprisoned, helpless, angry, and has not reason to join Xykon.

Two weakened parties with a common enemy, and one who's on his own with his own team.

I know we'll be seeing a lot of Xykon in the immediate future, and I think that what happens with the other two villains and their relationships with eachother will depend very much on exactly how much Xykon accomplishes.

Also bear in mind that OOTS mentioned some other group taht had preformed some simliar evil deeds in their name. Now that she "knows" that OOTS are evil, then the otehr party must be good, becuase OOTS must have preformed those evil deeds. Also bear in mind the group here. Nale is a cunning bastard who would love to screw over OOTS with Miko's aid, Sabrine is a demon/devil who likes to corrupt the goods, Throg is basicly a innocent, though an evil one and to stuipied to be taken notice of, Pomjay is smartenough to go along with the plan, perpaps simply to get into Miko's pants (oh god that would be a funny/freaky exchange) and the gnome think he is doing good. Also Miko is a "Ends justify the means" type of person and has proven she will do anything, including attacking Hinjo and Shojo unjustly, because of her emotions. She hates OOTS, with a passion that borders obsessive, and will most likly do anthing to get them back. Also sabrine might "Return" her powers by making her a blackguard, which she might think is not evil (not is a pretty self deluding person).
Here is how the exchange might go
:miko: How dare I be imprisioned here, the gods showned me the way (begines to cry/look really confused), they showned me everything.
::nale: (whispers to sabine) What the hell will make her shut Up?
:sabine: Don't know but you might as well listen, makes this wait less boring
:thog: thog is serving a second term, maybe thog can get off for good behavoir
:miko: Oh, how could this happen. it all made sense after so long. I at last understood the depth of OOTS' evil. WHy did i lose my powers.
:nale: Wait, OOTS. I know them. What happened dear lady
:miko: I was, i mean am the highest ranking paladin in the sappire gaurd. I was sent to capture the Order of the Stick for crime against the universe. Along the way, i heard that they had commited many evil deeds, and attacked them. After nearly defeating them, they claimed innocence and i arrested them. They blamed the crimes upon evil twins. As i took them away, they insisted on staying at a very expensive inn. Their they engaded in acts of greed and guttleny and some how the inn was destroyed and with it all of their ill gotten loot. When i beretted them for their greed, the formally lust filled leader, a demon named Roy, denied my right as a paladin and try to figth justice. I defeated them again and took them home in chains. However, as the rest of the band were being tried, for obstructing the laws of the univiers, the worst of the lot, a pychotic killer halfling named belkar escaped and brutally murder a guard. The rest of the band was being tried for destroying a gate that kept snare out of the world and was protecting us all. OOTS claimed that they had done it by mistake after killing a being known as Xycon. However, i later learned the two had worked together to destroy the gate and have keept doing so after wards. I hunted the halfling, and dueled him. He fought very dishonorably, but i defeated him in the end. However, before i could exucute him, the rest of the group came to his aid. As i attempted to defeat him, my lord Shojo told me that they had been declared innocent. I did not know at the time, but in fact Shojo worked for lord Xycone and the whole trial had been rigged. I found out that the lich had an army marching towards our city and all of our watchpost had been destroyed, using and understanding of our towers that only an insider could know. Now knowing that Xycone was still alive, and OOTS must be lying. I came back just in time to find them planning with my corrupt lord Shojo. I admistered justice to shojo, slaying him for his evil deeds, when all my powers suddenly faded. As I stood their confused, Roy attacked me. Weaken I had to flee and My second, Hinjo tried to stop me. A traitor, he must have been corrupted by OOTS, but he held me off long enough to be captured. It all made sense, how could i lose my powers? I was the strongest member of the saphire guard.
:nale: Err, i to have been exposed to OOTS' evil. In fact, i am the untterly innocent twin who was framed for OOTS evil acts, which i had nothing to do with.
:miko: You, yes you do look like the stupied blonde one.
:thog: Not nale was thog's prison mate
:miko: Come again
:thog: (does the Nale, not nale speech)
:miko: errr...
:thog: Not nale escape from prison with Thog, Thog help becuase thog want to help nale. Not nale stole some cloths and a ship kicked us off, so not nale worked with a pirate and came to azure city. Not nale pirate friend destoried all the seige engines and we went into teh city, were not nale betrayed me and arrested uss all. (Note, this would be in thog's speech, i just simplfied it)
:nale: I'm nale by the way, Elan completly good and trustworthing twin brother. Elan commited a series of serial murder and was arrested. He however blamed thog and got them both arrested. they then escaped and destroyed the city catapulets, with the help of an airship pirate.
:miko: I know that pirate, he is wanted by azure city.
:nale: yes, OOTS are an evil bunch. They are responible for many evil. We were a band trying to defeat xycon, but they defeated us and destroyed the gate. We went after them for revenge but we were defeated again, and were put into these cells without a trial, by orders of lord Shojo
:miko: Then OOTS are evil, but why were my power withdraw
:sabine: xycon has many powerful evils, perhaps he did it. But never fear, i know a way to restore them.
And it goes on from their. Forgive the spelling errors.
From,
EE

EvilElitest
2007-02-19, 12:42 AM
In the end of course Miko will see the error of her ways and dramaticlly kill Nale and/or Xycon, but until then.
From,
EE

Alfryd
2007-02-19, 06:00 AM
Of course, an interesting thing is that Belkar's genuine hatred of Nale (due to his nominal attachment to Elan) might automatically lead Miko to side with the LG in any conversational tug of war. The problem is, if Miko is present while both Belkar and Nale are in earshot, she'll probably also see Sabine, who can't shapeshift. And I mean, honestly, Nale will hardly be in the same cell with a demon unless they were somehow personally involved.

...I think people underestimate how entertaining it might be to witness Nale's manipulations of Miko, and hiding his evilness.
It might be in the short run, but I doubt he'll be able to maintain the act for long. Miko's usefulness as an ally would be largely offset by the heavy inconvenience of not being able to do anything blatantly nefarious in front of her.

Thog is basically an innocent, though an evil one...
That's... a contradiction in terms.
Do not confuse 'innocent' with 'naive'.

Mawhrin Skel
2007-02-19, 10:12 AM
True that. The Linear guild were closer to destroying the OOTS then Miko or Xikon and they killed about 200 civilians just to lead the police to the battle but for some reason people think they are comic relief just because Thog is in the Linear Guild...he isnt the only member you know.
It was almost entirely Leeky Windstaff who challenged the OOTS. Leeky appears to have abandoned the LG, along with Pompey, forming yet another faction.

Suppose, then, that Sabine ditched Nale in favour of the new mission of drawing Miko to the side of evil, leaving Nale and Thog to blunder about on their own?
Sabine was given orders to report any information that could tip the balance of Good and Evil to Evil's favour. A fallen Paladin is obviously relevant information. I find it entirely plausible that her superiors could give her the assignment of "seducing" Miko to the Dark Side.

Miko joins the Linear Guild if two things are true -

1) Belkar reforms enough to let Hinjo associate with him, and
2) Hinjo joins Oots.
I can't see Hinjo leaving Azure City if anything at all remains of it. I can see him sending a Paladin or two with the OOTS - O-chul and Lien are the only ones named IIRC, so probably one of them. Lien seems by far the younger.

And I mean, honestly, Nale will hardly be in the same cell with a demon unless they were somehow personally involved.
I doubt they'd be in the same cell. Too much opportunity for adult fun.

:thog: thog covers ears, closes eyes and sings

EvilElitest
2007-02-19, 11:17 AM
"It might be in the short run, but I doubt he'll be able to maintain the act for long. Miko's usefulness as an ally would be largely offset by the heavy inconvenience of not being able to do anything blatantly nefarious in front of her.

That's... a contradiction in terms.
Do not confuse 'innocent' with 'naive'."

No look at it this way. I think nale and sabrine are quite willing to have nefarious deeds and trying to justify them to the already cracked Miko. They will have to find all kinds of ways to show that the act they are doing are for the "Greater Good". They could not eat babies or kick puppies (thog) but they could kill azure city guards and say that they are working for the powers of evil, ect.

"It was almost entirely Leeky Windstaff who challenged the OOTS. Leeky appears to have abandoned the LG, along with Pompey, forming yet another faction."
Leeky Windstaff under Nale's orders. Nale made up the entire plan. Also Nale did not want to fight, they might have won if Nale and Thog had helped directly by killing Elan right their, having nale attack Haley from behind, and have thog rage upon Roy.
As for the other two leaving LG, it think it is more them just not being their, they most likly will join up again should they meet up with Nale and company.

Alfryd
2007-02-19, 02:09 PM
I doubt they'd be in the same cell. Too much opportunity for adult fun.
What? Thog doesn't get a slice of the action?
Good point, though.

A fallen Paladin is obviously relevant information. I find it entirely plausible that [Sabine's] superiors could give her the assignment of "seducing" Miko to the Dark Side.
Being Chaotic Good, I am naturally distressed and appalled by any suggestion that such events could come to pass while rolling in mud.

Also Nale did not want to fight, they might have won if Nale and Thog had helped directly by killing Elan right their, having nale attack Haley from behind, and have thog rage upon Roy.
So, Nale would be highly competent if he didn't habitually stab himself in the foot?

...they could kill azure city guards and say that they are working for the powers of evil, ect.
If Miko is willing to accept that, I doubt that any lengthy blackguard transition will be required.

Xanforen
2007-02-19, 02:22 PM
I think that it is quite possible that :miko: could join the Linear Guild
Sure, her alignment would change, but then she would be able to be even more angry
At the Sapphire Guard, for imprisoning her
At Roy and the Order of the Stick for what, in her mind, qualifies at tricking her
Plus, she could work with the Linear Guild, who she believes is in league with Xykon, to hack her way into Azure City and kill Hinjo, Roy, and as many of the Sapphire Guard as she can before she dies
So "I find it to be entirely in keeping with what I know of her." -:vaarsuvius:

EvilElitest
2007-02-19, 02:59 PM

So, Nale would be highly competent if he didn't habitually stab himself in the foot?

If Miko is willing to accept that, I doubt that any lengthy blackguard transition will be required.[/QUOTE]

OK one, Nale almost killed the group, if it was not for his disire to capture Elan instead of killing him. But bear in mind, it too a very skilled taction to plan it is a such a way that is almost worked perfecly, and the part that failed was not really his fault, it was the city guards.

As for part 2, miko attack Hinjo, dispite every logical reason not to. I don't think she cares about such an "evil corrupe group".
From,
EE

dragoncmd
2007-02-19, 03:18 PM
I doubt she would join the linear guild, because Nale would hate having someone who isn't an opposite. The only one Miko could be an opposite for is Roy, and I'm personally going to kill a certain writer is thog dies. I do think that Miko will have "peaceful contact" if Sabrine and take the blackguard class.

An above poster pointed out that if hujo joined oots then miko could join the LG, but I doubt it would happen.

Alfryd
2007-02-19, 03:37 PM
OK one, Nale almost killed the group, if it was not for his disire to capture Elan instead of killing him

As for part 2...
I don't see what that has to do with my point, which is that Miko won't need much by way of seduction or bamboozling in the above case. And please learn to quote.

KillerCardinal
2007-02-19, 04:43 PM
I doubt she would join the linear guild, because Nale would hate having someone who isn't an opposite. The only one Miko could be an opposite for is Roy, and I'm personally going to kill a certain writer is thog dies. I do think that Miko will have "peaceful contact" if Sabrine and take the blackguard class.

An above poster pointed out that if hujo joined oots then miko could join the LG, but I doubt it would happen.

While I don't think she's going to join the LG for any length of time, I have to mention that Thog doesn't technically have to die to leave the LG. He could leave, or be seduced away by Elan. I don't THINK it'll happen, but it could.:smallsmile:

EvilElitest
2007-02-19, 10:46 PM

I don't see what that has to do with my point, which is that Miko won't need much by way of seduction or bamboozling in the above case. And please learn to quote.

OK don't repeat yourself, it make you look bad. My point is, that while LG are a bit of a comic relife (thog in perticular), they have proven them selves to be possible one of the most dangous enemies of OOTS
As for Your second point, your not making sense. I was saying that Miko would seem quite able to attack guards and paladins of her own city. I said nothing about seduction or bamboozling (seduction, i mean what?), if she attack Hinjo, she seems perfeclly able to attack any one else from Azure city.
As for who she would be opposed to, belkar duh
They are just simalier enough and yet so different to be opposates, like nale to Elan,

Same
Both are very selfish
Both are caught up in their own little world
Both are fighters will spell casting as an option (though belkar can't)
Both duel wield
Both don't have any respect for authory
Both are evil (or in Miko's case at least not good)
Both don't take other's feelings into consideration
Both are a little insane
Both have quick tempers
Both a proud
Both a bit tragic (Miko more so)
Both have no friends
Both are loose canons
Both are obsessed with vengence
Both lack common sense
Both tend to rush into things
Both attack things to tough for them
Both have somthing against Roy
Both are crimal by Azure city law
Both don't respect others
Both can jump high
Both have a hatred issue
Both are muti classed
Both are trigger happy
Differeneces
Miko is human, while Belkar is a halfling
Miko is female, belkar is male
Miko has hair, belkar has none
Miko uses two different lenth swords, belkar use same lenth daggers
MIko (had) an animal companion, Belkar has none (but could)
Miko never admits she is wrong, Belkar has been proven so and admits to V
Miko is very ethocentric, while Belkar is far more selfish
Miko is very dovout, while Belkar is not (he did want to worship Banjo)
Miko is always serous, while Belkar is more relaxed
Miko is strict, while belkar is care free
Miko has a code, belkar is far more for himself
Miko is lawful, Belkar is chaotic
Miko thinks she is doing good, belkar knows he is evil, just does not care
Miko has high wisdom but low int, Belkar has low wisdom and high int
Miko is muti classed of a disiplened monk, Belkar is muti classed Barbarion
Miko answers to nobody (now) while Belkar answers to roy
Miko is insecure about her sexuallty, wile Belkar is confident
Miko has morals, i don't think beklar does
Miko has a reson for her evil deeds, we don't know if belkar does
Miko has management issues, Belkar is just a pychopath
Miko has low Cri, while belkar is quite good at maulipling people
Miko use to be good, while i don't think Belkar ever had
Miko is a good taction with group tatics, Belkar is NOT
Miko could cast spells, Belkar can't
Miko does feel for others (barely) while Belkar does not
Miko is a stiff, while Belkar is far more into hedosiom
Miko is outwardly cool, while Belkar is always evil
Miko is evil because of arrogence, Belkar is evil out of ignorence
Miko thinks in black and white, belkar does not
Miko is not satanic, i can't say the same for belkar
Miko belives in "End Justify the Means" way of thinking, while belkar is far more just out for himself
Miko is evil out of "nessarity", while belkar is evil for fun
Miko can't detect sarcamion while Belkar can

Mr Wizard
2007-02-19, 11:00 PM
I have to correct myself here.

It seems she has heard of the Linear Guild, in comic #203 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0203.html).

The OotS told her that Nale was responsible for those evil acts she had at first attributed to them. It does not make her joining the LG any less likely, and it could even support it. (She could see Nale as an accused innocent, jailed with no plan for a trial)

EDIT: Ah I see EvilElitist had pointed it out already.

Querzis
2007-02-19, 11:48 PM
Thank you EE for pointing out that Miko and Belkar are perfect opposite. I just dont get why people say it woudnt work, she is a way better opposite for Belkar then Yik-Yik or Yok-Yok. Even when she was still good I though she would join the LG eventually because she was such a good opposite for Belkar.

By the way, it seems people forget the OOTS first fight against the LG. Without Haley natural 20, they would have all died. Nale plans were all very efficient and everytimes they didnt work just because of things he coudnt possibly predict (Haley natural 20, Thog helping Elan to escape from prison, Haley shouting her love to Elan).

Beelzebub1111
2007-02-20, 12:21 AM
In two adjacent cells:

:nale:&:miko:: I curse the order of the stick!
:miko::You hate the order?
:nale::Yes, my brother got me thrown in here leaving no knowledge or records of my presense.
:miko::Even in death that blasted Shojo and The order of the stick continue to do evil
:nale::Um...what? *Thought bubble*'Hmm, this could prove as a useful tool for finaly putting an end to my brother and making his life a living hell. Why I can just...'
*Some time later*
:miko::Excuse me, but you've been silent for almost an hour. And yet still to answer about my offer to help you escape your unjust imprisonment.
:nale::Oh...yes...lets go and stop my...evil...twin...brother?

Alfryd
2007-02-20, 06:22 AM
OK don't repeat yourself, it make you look bad.
It's called humour, or so I flatter myself.

I was saying that Miko would seem quite able to attack guards and paladins of her own city.
And I was saying that Miko won't even need to be lied to if she's willing to swallow such excuses.

Without Haley natural 20, they would have all died...
Right, and all the redundant 2nd edition monsters were in complete agreement with game mechanics.

...Shinjo...
Okay, I'm outta here.

EvilElitest
2007-02-20, 03:35 PM
It's called humour, or so I flatter myself.

And I was saying that Miko won't even need to be lied to if she's willing to swallow such excuses.

Right, and all the redundant 2nd edition monsters were in complete agreement with game mechanics.

Okay, I'm outta here.

What are you talking about? Your flipfloping more that a cetrian could have been president polition. I'm serous your rambling here.

That being said, Miko has the perfect motive to join LG, LG could easliy pull it off, she is opposed to belkar, and it would be funny. The only thing left is if The giant want her to.
From,
EE

EvilElitest
2007-02-20, 10:53 PM
Any one have any arguments? Anyone?
From,
EE

Haruki-kun
2007-02-20, 11:04 PM
At the very least, Miko and the Linear Guild will be together in prison. a Prison that might be destroyed in twenty strips in the middle of the battle giving them the chance to escape, which wouldn't be hard for Thog, given he escaped from Cliffport's jail. The anti-magic things won't stop them if he uses no magic. Besides, Nale is opposing Xykon AND the Order of the Stick, both Miko's sworn enemies. Considering that, I think Miko would disregard whatever Nale does on his own time.

EvilElitest
2007-02-20, 11:06 PM
At the very least, Miko and the Linear Guild will be together in prison. a Prison that might be destroyed in twenty strips in the middle of the battle giving them the chance to escape, which wouldn't be hard for Thog, given he escaped from Cliffport's jail. The anti-magic things won't stop them if he uses no magic. Besides, Nale is opposing Xykon AND the Order of the Stick, both Miko's sworn enemies. Considering that, I think Miko would disregard whatever Nale does on his own time.

Yeah that sums it pretty much up right their, thanks
From,
EE
Edit: Any one else have anything to say about the idea? Anyone?

fruityjanitor
2007-02-24, 12:20 AM
I find it entirely plausible that her superiors could give her the assignment of "seducing" Miko to the Dark Side.

That sounds hot.

EvilElitest
2007-02-24, 12:23 AM
Sabrine has every reason to try and corrupt Miko, the LG has every reason to work with miko, and miko has some very good resons to work with LG
from,
EE

Izzo
2007-02-24, 06:12 PM
I think that not only will Miko join the Linear Guild, but they will hook up with Xykon and Redcloak. Thus the foils would be:

Roy / Thog
Durkon / Redcloak
Elan / Nale
Varsuuvius / Xykon
Haley / Sabine
Belkar / Miko

My next point: what makes Belkar and Miko perfect foils?

Belkar is a multiclass Ranger/Barbarian with no spell casting abilities.

Miko is a multiclass Paladin/Monk with no spell casting abilities.

This levels the playing field.

skyclad
2007-02-24, 06:32 PM
I think that not only will Miko join the Linear Guild, but they will hook up with Xykon and Redcloak. Thus the foils would be:

Roy / Thog
Durkon / Redcloak
Elan / Nale
Varsuuvius / Xykon
Haley / Sabine
Belkar / Miko

I think it's more plausible they just get leeky and pompey back, with miko that's a complete guild right there.

EvilElitest
2007-02-24, 11:05 PM

Roy / Thog
Durkon / Redcloak
Elan / Nale
Varsuuvius / Xykon
Haley / Sabine
Belkar / Miko

Foil in the sence of character. In abilties, they are about even. While Miko can beat the whole group (with the help of her horse), Belkar can beat her one on one (he let her live when he knocked her out). it evens out. As for other reason they would make a good group, well read my earlier post.
from,
EE

Haruki-kun
2007-02-25, 07:43 PM
I don't think Miko will join Xykon. The Linear Guild, yes, Xykon, no.

EvilElitest
2007-02-25, 09:12 PM
I don't think Miko will join Xykon. The Linear Guild, yes, Xykon, no.

Who said that she would join Xycon.
from,
EE

TheOtherMC
2007-02-25, 09:19 PM
^^ Well its been speculated that the LG might join up with Xykon again, and if Miko joins the LG....

Silverlocke980
2007-02-26, 08:43 PM
It'd be wild if Miko went kind of... random do-gooder of evil.

Hold on a second.

I'm seeing her splitting off to force others to do "good"- but as she defines it. She travels the country, leaving a trail of bodies as she kills those who don't fit Miko's definition of "Good."

...Short answer? No, she doesn't join the Linear Guild... sorry for random explicating!

TheOtherMC
2007-02-26, 08:47 PM
Yeah I think 419 just debunked quite a few theories...

Mr Wizard
2007-02-26, 09:06 PM
Not really. It may have weakened the "Miko will be a Blackguard" arguement, but not that she will join LG. There is still a good chance of that.

Of course, it may not happen since there are no spoiler tags on the thread and the Giant won't do it out of spite.:smalltongue:

Charity322
2007-02-26, 09:15 PM
Somehow I don't think the Linear Guild will be ecstatic at the prospect of her as a member after she just wrung Sabine's neck lol.

EvilElitest
2007-02-26, 09:25 PM
I still think she will join, but not on good terms.
from,
EE

ShiningTed
2007-02-26, 09:54 PM
Yeah I think 419 just debunked quite a few theories...I love the way Rich did that - just hit it head on, NO to Miko the Blackguard! NO to Miko in the LG! All in the first strip after we finally get back to her. Glorious stuff!

Collin152
2007-02-26, 10:04 PM
Notice tihs: Linear Guild=LG; Lawful Good=LG
With high charisma, it could work.

Skyserpent
2007-02-26, 10:22 PM
Huh... I think we've got the answer...