PDA

View Full Version : Miko's Psycology Tracked!

V Junior
2007-02-18, 10:01 AM
I've been looking about, and I've come to some odd conclusions about Miko. Maybe they aren't quite as odd as they seem...

In Miko's first appearence, she appears sane- and this is likley to change. As the story progresses, I keep an eye on her, and I come to the conclusion that Miko is, in fact, sane. However, some evidence (killing people instead of making a check), puts her close to 'Eccentric at best'.

The sudden attack on the Order is, of course, justified in her mind, which may not be the case for others. As she comes close to killing Roy, I realise something- she's actually on 'Eccentric' now! She could just make a Gather Information check, and come to them peacefully. Which she does not, so I presume she is single-minded, and determined even if it is the wrong thing to do.

Skip on a few strips, we see it again, in the last panel of 251! She is completely justified this time, as Roy provoked her.

However, we go to the part where Miko meets Xykon&Co. for the first time. There's a fight. By now, I have decided that Miko is nearly off her rocker. And thus, I can safely say that things have definatily changed- she was near-insane at the inn sequence (By the Twelve Gods and in the name of Lord Shojo...)!

And finally, the throne room sequence. As far as I can see, she has never, ever looked at the big picture- thus I believe that she was never, ever completly sane. Falling pushes her over the fine line between sanity and insanity, and she attacks her leige AND her ally!

So, my conclusion is this: If you look closely at Miko, you'll find her sanity falling since Day One, and so I pose a question- If you're a zealot and a tyrant who's singe-minded and a hider, are you really a paladin?

For this question, many will answer no!

TreesOfDeath
2007-02-18, 02:24 PM
She's always been a bit eager to spill blood, thats been evident since her debut.
I think she was just about a Paladin, going along with it because she had to

Green Bean
2007-02-18, 04:52 PM

Really? She's always struck me as someone for whom being a paladin is the very core of her being, and that her problems come from overzealousness in the bumping uglies department

Copacetic
2007-02-18, 07:37 PM
She probally was just a paladin so she could justify herself by saying something like "There were evil, So i killed them" which is a actual qoute BTW

Skippy the Dire
2007-02-18, 09:53 PM
Miko is a pretty good send-up of a paladin played by a powergamer, right down to the combination of wanting to boss the party around while killing NPCs with little discrimination. Everybody's played with someone who should NEVER play a Pally because they just 'don't get it'. Miko is that player.

Sisqui
2007-02-18, 10:27 PM

I didn't think being a paladin was something you could just "go along" with..... :smallconfused: I'm pretty sure the god(s) you served would have a clue you were faking it. Not to mention that lying about your level of commitment would probably get you stripped of your powers.