2007-02-18, 03:26 PM
Forgive me, but I always think of Andrew W.K. when I think of these guys:

SCARLET LIBERATOR

Requirements:
Patron Deity: Lliira
Alignment: CG
Base Attack: +5
Feats: Acrobatic, Iron Will
Skills: Diplomacy 5 ranks, Disguise 5 ranks, Hide 4 ranks, Move Silently 4 ranks, Perform (dance) 5 ranks,
Sense Motive 5 ranks, Tumble 9 ranks
Special: Bardic Music ability
Special: If has cleric levels must have either the Liberation or Celerity domain

HD: d8 Base Attack Bonus: +1 Favored Saving Throws: Reflex and Will

Class Skills (4+Int): Balance*, Bluff, Climb*, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist*, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Jump*, Knowledge: Religion, Move Silently, Perform, Sense Motive, Swim, Tumble*

-Gains no weapon, armor, or shield proficiency

Class Abilities:

1st: Aura of Good
Fierce Joy 1/day
Divine Acrobatics
Performer
Detect Evil at will
+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd: Bonus Feat: Lliira’s Blessing

3rd: Aura of Resolve

4th: Divine Grace

5th: Fierce Joy 2/day

Aura of Good: As Paladin; equal to his Scarlet Liberator plus his cleric level, if any.

Fierce Joy: When the Scarlet Liberator enters into Fierce Joy, he gains +4 STR and +4 DEX, which grants a +2 to AC and +2 on Reflex saves. He can also make an additional attack each round at his highest attack bonus (does not stack with the haste spell or similar effects). This ability lasts a number of rounds equal to 3 + his CON modifier. After the effect ends the Scarlet Liberator is fatigued for the duration of the encounter. The Fierce Joy ability can only be used once per encounter. In all other ways it functions as the barbarian’s Rage ability; if the Scarlet Liberator has levels in barbarian he can substitute the Fierce Joy ability for his daily uses of Rage.

Divine Acrobatics: For every level the Scarlet Liberator achieves in this prestige class, he can add a +2 to any of the following skills: Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Jump, Perform (dance only), or Tumble.

Performer: Levels of Scarlet Liberator stack with levels of bard for the purposes of the Bardic Music ability.

Aura of Resolve: Beginning at 3rd level, the Scarlet Liberator gains immunity to all charm and compulsion effects. His mind is his own, and no other creature can control his thoughts or actions. Each ally within 10’ of him gains a +4 morale bonus on saves against charm or compulsion effects.

Divine Grace: A Scarlet Liberator of 4th level or higher applies his CHA modifier (if positive) as a bonus on all saving throws.

Formed to avenge the murder of Lliira's High Revelmistress in Selgaunt, the Scarlet Liberators are an athletic and acrobatic militant order within the Church of Joy.
Few in number and highly secretive, the Scarlet Liberators hide among both clergy and the (purportedly) lay worshippers of Lliira. "Fierce Joy" is the phrase they use to reveal themselves to Lliiran priests, who both fear and revere them (and aid and obey them unhesitatingly). Some Scarlet Liberators use red roses as 'calling cards' at the sites of their slayings and work and within temples and shrines of Lliira. Holding a single, cut rose has become a wordless signal of membership in the Scarlet Liberators or a call for Scarlet Liberators to rally to the holder of the rose and provide aid.
Founded specifically to punish the clergy of Loviatar, the Scarlet Liberators have swiftly expanded their role to protecting the faithful of Lliira at revel and more solemn worship. They defend Lliira’s holy places and kill those who slaughter and oppress Lliirans. From tyrannical officials and rival clergy who seek to stamp out revelry to Loviatans who have been instructed by higher clergy (or inspired by dreams sent by Loviatar herself) to work against the Church of Joy all have cause to fear the Scarlet Liberators.
The Scarlet Liberators won't hesitate to hire adventurers and other mercenaries to aid them in guarding Lliiran temples, clergy, and worshippers and in attacking or withstanding strong enemy forces. They prefer to act personally and stealthily whenever possible, except when they reach an altar of Loviatar. There they like to dance (protected by the strongest magic they can raise), and attack any and all Loviatans who come against them.
Scarlet Liberators aren't grim killers. They love to sing, dance, revel, dally, play games, and entertain children -- but unlike most Lliirans, they are always alert for danger and ready to explode into action to deal with it.
The Scarlet Liberators got their name from the disguise used by the first Scarlet Liberators to descend on Loviatans in Selgaunt. They posed as a traveling troupe of singing, dancing actors and performed right outside the gates of the Loviatan temple, attacking clergy of Loviatar who emerged with whips in hand to "see them off."
Scarlet Liberators do not wear distinctive uniforms or cleave to formal titles or a specific hierarchy. Among Scarlet Liberators, there is an informal hierarchy -- overridden by Lliira whenever she sees operational need -- based on merit (past performance as a Scarlet Liberators).Most hold ranks within the church of the Joybringer, but their roles as Scarlet Liberators supercede these ranks. When they "step into action" out of their usual duties, or go on missions, they may give orders to any Lliiran cleric, even High Revelmistresses, and expect to be obeyed. They almost always will be.
Scarlet Liberators value precise work -- slaying, maiming, or wounding only those who have offended against Lliira or intend a threat against Lliirans, not everyone accompanying said sinners. Veteran Scarlet Liberators recruit good-in-action Lliiran clergy or devout worshippers (that is, individuals who strongly revere Lliira, venerating her before all other deities) to become new Scarlet Liberators. They act as mentors and tutors to those recruits.

knightsaline
2007-02-18, 07:38 PM
For some reason, this class reminds me of tuxedo mask from sailor moon, what with the roses.

any chance of making a PrC dedicated to sune or elistree?

Harkone
2007-02-18, 09:48 PM
In the Faiths and Pantheons book there are prestige classes for the deities you mentioned: the Heartwarder for Sune and the Sword Dancer for Eilistraee.

The Sword Dancer is like a Spring-Attack-type (usually drow or 1/2 drow) warrior-cleric who can craft her own swords, as well as other things. I am actually in process of tinkering with that one, and will post it after the uproar over my recent excessive posting dies down.:smallwink:

The Heartwarder grants you kissing powers (can grant allies bonues and such), other powers I can't recall right now (I don't have the FAP with me right now) as well as boosting your CHA every other level; I haven't done any work on that one.

LoopyZebra
2007-02-18, 11:17 PM
I'm not good with balancing PRC's, but I like the fluff text as in, "I want to make one of these" like.

((Oddly, it was VT's comment that your high postage was causing people to ignore your posts that got me to read this to see what all the fuss was about. Heh.))

Harkone
2007-02-18, 11:23 PM
Ah yes, irony; my old ally.

Rierdrex
2007-02-18, 11:42 PM
Nice prestige class. It helps to exclaim how a nice clergy like that of Liira can survive in a world with Bane-, Cyric- or Loviatar-worshippers. The Fierce Joy ability is one I particularly like. Those skill bonuses seem rather high, I'd suggest maybe +1 per level? Then again, it's one of the only abilities that gets better as you level-up, so I'm not sure about modifying it. Well, nice work! By the way, I'd be very interested in seeing the Eilistraee prestige class.

Harkone
2007-02-19, 12:01 AM
The skill bonuses are generous mostly beause the base classes for the Scarlet Liberator will involve some kind of warrior and cleric, and they don't often have high Jump or Tumble ckecks (and other similar skills).

As I said somewhere earlier, I invented this prestige class several years ago for an NPC bard/barbarian/cleric of Lliira (a reformed raider from the Farsea Marshes west of Cormyr) that I based appearance and behavior-wise on Andrew W.K. (one of my players even played his first CD whenever this guy used Bardic Music; the character's name was Wendwrak, an anagram of Andrew W.K.).

I'll post my version of the Sword Dancer of Eilistraee sometime this week.