PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4e Multi-Tap Damage Fix

Shimeran
2014-06-03, 08:26 PM
Hi folks. I've been running the numbers powers that allow for multiple damage rolls against the same target in a round. Oddly enough, it looks like the designers outright didn't factor damage bonuses in at all. As such, it looks like a possible fix might be a fairly drastic "once per target per round" rule. Given how much that cuts down damage, it's probably best paired with a "half bonus monster hp from level" rule. I've got a full write up here (http://dancingchimera.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/4e-adaptions-damage-fixes/) if anyone wants to give it a once over, but I've posted summaries below.

Tap Capping Damage Bonuses
The Rule: Once a bonus to damage rolls has been applied to a target, that bonus can not be applied to further damage against the target until the start of the attacker’s next turn. If multiple attackers share the same bonus, track this separately for each attacker.

Reduced Hit Point Scaling
The Rule: Monster gain half the normal hit points per level. This does not effect the base number of hit points they get.

Am I missing anything here? The tracking could get a bit annoying, but it does allow for a fix without needing to rewrite any powers.