PDA

View Full Version : Redcloak rules?

Fronko
2007-02-20, 05:20 AM
So, I think Redcloak is one of the coolest characters in the comic (maybe only second to Roy, but this is NOT the point of this thread:smallbiggrin:).

He is a cleric of an evil deity that wants to undo all of creation.
He has almost beaten Miko in HTH.
He has a really cool sense of humor.
He puts up with Xykon everyday, even though X is a constant pain in the hindside.
He is probably the brightest goblin in all existance.
He can kick some serious @$$.
He has a cool sense of humor.
Actually, deep down he might find himself to be CG without knowing. :smalltongue:

Ok, the last one may not be true, but the rest makes up for it.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-20, 05:23 AM
Redcloak does rock. 100% true statement.

416365416c
2007-02-20, 05:23 AM
Yes, Redcloak rules 87 Hobgoblin legions.

The Mad Literalist Strikes Again!

ShiningTed
2007-02-20, 07:29 AM
The more I see of Redcloak, the more I like him.

mikeejimbo
2007-02-20, 07:35 AM
I disagree with your first two statements. For the first one, Miko said that and he said she didn't know what she was talking about. (I paraphrased here.)

For the second one, he seemed pretty beat to me.

However, the rest are certainly true, and he does rock.

The Hammer of Thor
2007-02-20, 07:35 AM
Redcloak? Everyone loves Redcloak.

sun_tzu
2007-02-20, 07:39 AM
Redcloak rules. I, however, suck so much I accidentally pressed the wrong button and hit "nope".:smallfrown:

Pronounceable
2007-02-20, 12:26 PM
Redcloak is the embodiment of awesomeness, coolness, excellence and greatness.

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-20, 12:34 PM
In My Opinion:
REDCLOAK SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUCKS....
Okay, not really, I just wanted to do that.

MrPhoenix
2007-02-20, 01:04 PM
Yay for Redcloak!
In my opinion, "He puts up with Xykon everyday" gives him that extra edge he needs to boost right on top of the coolest-OOTS-chars-ever-charts.

Khantalas
2007-02-20, 01:06 PM
I thought this was Redclaok Betray Lich thread and clicked "nope".

I meant "sure thing".

EvilElitest
2007-02-20, 10:57 PM
I disagree with your first two statements. For the first one, Miko said that and he said she didn't know what she was talking about. (I paraphrased here.)

For the second one, he seemed pretty beat to me.

However, the rest are certainly true, and he does rock.

Err, no. he works for Xykon, who wants to take over to world, and apperently his god agrees. Maybe not undo creation, but he is pretty close
And two, while he did lose, he did a pretty damn good job, i mean he held her off until the point where xykon should have helped. If he has not been trying to hold her and instead went all out he might have injured her better (he'd lose anyways i think but he would put up a good fight). And bear in mind, miko beat all of the OOTS twice, and Redcloak held her off quite well by himself.
From,
EE

Haruki-kun
2007-02-20, 11:06 PM
Yes, Redcloak RULES, no he's not second to Roy. He's way above Roy, as are V, the Demon Roaches, the MITD, Xykon, Thog, and Elan.

Maurog
2007-02-21, 11:00 AM
I wanted to pick the "Go away! You suck." option, but I accidently hit "Nope."

Sorry people.

MReav
2007-02-21, 11:35 AM

Actually, I got the idea he was talking about her accusation that as someone trying to destroy the universe, he wouldn't have any care about friends or family.

mockingbyrd7
2007-02-21, 11:46 AM
So, I think Redcloak is one of the coolest characters in the comic (maybe only second to Roy, but this is NOT the point of this thread:smallbiggrin:).

He is a cleric of an evil deity that wants to undo all of creation.
He has almost beaten Miko in HTH.
He has a really cool sense of humor.
He puts up with Xykon everyday, even though X is a constant pain in the hindside.
He is probably the brightest goblin in all existance.
He can kick some serious @$$.
He has a cool sense of humor.
Actually, deep down he might find himself to be CG without knowing. :smalltongue:

Ok, the last one may not be true, but the rest makes up for it.

Your post is very redundant. You mentioned his ability to fight and his sense of humor twice, and in your poll two of the options are the same thing ("yes" and "sure thing").

That aside, YES, REDCLOAK RULES!

battleburn
2007-02-21, 12:35 PM
67 yes, 8 no. Not very surprising.
Why?
Redcloak rocks bigtime!

Jazzvader
2007-02-21, 01:45 PM
If you ask me :redcloak: is too Submissive to :xykon: and that's what made me say NO.

Grendita
2007-02-22, 08:31 AM
He may be submissive, but he is the most cynical and sarcastic goblin ever, who I think has a hidden agenda and is just letting :xykon: Do what he wants for the time being.

Whats not to like?

Copacetic
2007-02-22, 08:39 AM
I think red cloak Is THE GREATEST!!!! IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT DIE ALL OF YE UN-REDCLAOK REBELS!!!!

Snake-Aes
2007-02-22, 08:59 AM
Isn't there a different rule set for THE highpriest of each deity? At least in many games I play, there's an exception on the limitations of the granted powers to the highest priest that the deity personally chooses, RedCloak's that high-ranked, Xykon himself said it once.

If there IS a D&D method to work on highpriesthood, RedCloak's even more powerful than expected

Soniku
2007-02-22, 01:29 PM
Hmm, I'm a bit neutral on the matter really. He's not a bad character at all, he's just a bit un-funny most of the time and when he does appear it's usually only to set up a gag for Xykon.

But when he does have his moments, they are so awesome :smallbiggrin: I guess that's a "sure" rather than a "yes" :smallsmile:

mikeejimbo
2007-02-22, 01:44 PM
Err, no. he works for Xykon, who wants to take over to world, and apperently his god agrees. Maybe not undo creation, but he is pretty close

I dunno, if you ask me, destroying everything and conquering it are almost opposite.

And two, while he did lose, he did a pretty damn good job, i mean he held her off until the point where xykon should have helped.

Agreed that he did a good job holding her off, but I would not say that's the same thing as "almost beating." Still, he did do better than the OOTS at the point you mentioned.

Renrik
2007-02-22, 11:40 PM
Redcloak rocks. Any goblin that holds as much power as he does rocks. Plus, I'm dying to know more about the "bearers of the crimson shroud" and their purpose.

Snake-Aes
2007-02-23, 05:20 AM
That's only him as far as I know. Said RedCloak is the sign of highpriesthood in his cult.

V Junior
2007-02-23, 05:47 AM
RC rocks, no question 'bout it. Of course, there's nothing cooler then Belkar, but hey, who cares? Redcloak has the guts to rule the OOTSiverse, and the style to FINALLY bump off Xykon. For a second- or third- time.

10gp says Redcloak bumps off Xykon and escapes with MitD (revealed) for a plot twist!