PDA

View Full Version : Original System ShadowRun 4e variant, 2 questions.

p0ppac0rg1
2014-06-07, 08:21 PM
I signed up before I read the FAQ, couldn't find the delete post button. Eh. So I thought il'd simplify the questions based around SR4 before this gets deleted.

Simple. Two questions.
A. What's the average amount of modifiers added to ordinary skill checks.
B. What's the average amount of damage from mele weapons.

I have a custom system streamlined down to simple skill checks and a count down timer. All of this is intended for those old fashion 'choose your own path to adventure' type game books. I've hit a rut and those simple questions answered allows me to progress considerably.

--
As why to choose SR vs DnD for a game book rpg, simple. More 6 sided dice, and the use of a die pool mechanic.
--

For rpg's DnD is my fave. I -had- the original redbox with the green dragon in an underground dungeon. Keep on the borderlands! and the big circle 1 ! It came with tan brown die that you had to fill in with a white crayon too!. whoo hoo! Now I own all the premium reprints and an amazingly well preserved Fiend Folio. Stuffed them into a modified silverware chest with 4 different color sets of die, flat 4e tokens, a paizo map, poker chips with #'s on them and various 'ease to character creation' print outs. Bwahaha... looks nifty. Chest oh Adventure. But Modules were too much for the silverware box. So its just the core books.