PDA

View Full Version : Please sir, can I have some more?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-02-21, 12:04 AM
My monthly monster competition has reached the deadline and I need to set up a poll. The new poll system only allows for 5. I need 8.

The title for the poll I wish to be:
Who is your chosen champion?

Here are the poll options I need:
The Name and the Soul
Golden Flame of Pelor
Repenter of Heironeos
Divine Spark of Inspiration
Fergaast
Anamnesis
Windsider
Soluminaire Ooze
Raenia

Hopefully that should cover it if anyone can help me out. Thanks!

Penguinizer
2007-02-21, 02:00 AM
What part of the forums would this be in?

Zherog
2007-02-21, 07:33 AM
Repenter of Heironeos

I assume, though, you want it spelled correctly? :smallwink:

Heironeous

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-02-21, 09:31 AM
What part of the forums would this be in?Homebrew (see my signature for link)

I assume, though, you want it spelled correctly?
Heh, I just quoted from the player's entry :smallwink:

Penguinizer
2007-02-21, 02:19 PM
My bad, I actually mis-read the post. I thought you needed another poll created since you can only make 5 a month.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-02-21, 09:33 PM
*glances around*

Look! Boobs! Don't you like boobs? Don't you want to pay attention to the tribble with the (temporary) boobs?

Khantalas
2007-02-21, 09:41 PM
Have a two-option poll, where the first option is the Name and the Soul and the second option is the Guardian.

That should be simple enough. :smallwink:

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-02-23, 10:14 AM
Naw, I don't think so :smallwink:

However, voting ends on the 28th, so as much as I hate to sound pushy, I'm really in great need of this poll adjustment.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-02-25, 05:01 PM
Giving this a bump as voting ends in 3 days.

Roland St. Jude
2007-02-25, 05:28 PM
The five poll option limit is administratively set to max 5. I'm not sure it can be overridden in individual cases. Your best bet is to collect votes via PM (if you want anonymity) or via post (if you don't). Your second best is to PM Rawhide and see if he can help you.

(I PMed you this a while back; hopefully, you got it.)

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-02-25, 05:46 PM
Aye, did all that you suggested but not heard back from Raw nor has anyone mailed me votes :smallfrown:

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-08, 03:43 PM
Well, I have started this month's competition which will end in twelve days. I'm giving this a bump to ask if there will be any possibility of an extended poll for this month's.

Samiam303
2007-03-08, 05:04 PM
Maybe just start two seperate polls, and combine the votes?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-08, 05:09 PM
That would be an idea, except I'd need up to 3 polls most likely, each with their own threads that I'd have to bump up just to keep visible. Be a pain in the neck and I have doubts on its feasibility.

Emperor Tippy
2007-03-08, 06:48 PM
Why can't the Admins just change the option number for polls real quick and once you create yours they change it back. Like they PM you a specific 2 minute window when the number of poll options will be changed and then you post and they change it back.

The chances of any other polls going up at the exact same time are most likely slim.

Roland St. Jude
2007-03-08, 09:01 PM
We appreciate the contest and would like to help you. At this time though, the limiting the poll options is a technical limitation (one of many) done to decrease the server load.* We're looking at what can be done about that, what policy to set regarding the polls generally, and so forth.

Which I guess leaves you with having people vote in the thread or vote by PM (depending on whether you want anonymity). I'm sorry we can't make a special exception for this or generally expand the post options, but we're currently constrained by technical considerations.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-08, 09:25 PM
Ooooh well. Have to come up with something new then.

*ponders*

Samiam303
2007-03-08, 09:34 PM
W
That would be an idea, except I'd need up to 3 polls most likely, each with their own threads that I'd have to bump up just to keep visible. Be a pain in the neck and I have doubts on its feasibility.
What if you just made one main thread with links to the poll threads? Only one thread to bump.

HempRope
2007-03-12, 09:42 PM
No way to prevent people voting in each thread... but you could do round of voting somehow, perhaps?

Brackets, sort of?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-12, 10:20 PM
Basically what I will do is make as many threads as is neccessary for the ammount of entries. I will then have something like:

If you vote for the Thing A, Thing B, Thing C, Thing D, or Thing E, click here.

And so on and so forth. I will use the viewable voter option to make sure no one cheats.

Vaniel
2007-03-12, 10:41 PM
Or you could just create another account, like a VOTE account or something, then ask that everyone send their entry there? That would prevent your INBOX to flood, really.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-12, 11:43 PM
Or you could just create another account, like a VOTE account or something, then ask that everyone send their entry there? That would prevent your INBOX to flood, really.
Flooding isn't the problem. This last contest I said to message me votes and I didn't get but maybe 6 votes.

Ceska
2007-03-13, 12:47 AM
Well, I'm gonna ask, but in other forums it was solved that only mods can make polls, if you want one you have to PM a mod for making it, he then can decide if he wants to post it or not.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-14, 04:19 PM
Well, I'm gonna ask, but in other forums it was solved that only mods can make polls, if you want one you have to PM a mod for making it, he then can decide if he wants to post it or not.
*points upwards to the Mod that just said no*

ElHugo
2007-03-17, 08:55 PM
How about a multiple-round system?

For example, your options in the first poll could be

1. The Name and the Soul OR Golden Flame of Pelor OR Repenter of Heironeos 2. Spark of Inspiration OR Fergaast OR Anamnesis
3. Windsider OR Soluminaire Ooze OR Raenia

While a second poll, conducted after a period of time, would allow people to select one out of the category that got the most votes?

Ehhh, I'm pretty sure there's a problem here, but I can't see it right now. It is late and I am tired.

Samiam303
2007-03-17, 09:04 PM
Well, the obvious problem is that it's really slow.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-18, 01:24 AM
I know I've seen polls with more than five options around since the supposed 5 option limit came into effect. Not sure what's up with that, though.

Arkarus
2007-03-18, 09:40 PM
Out of random curiosity, is the thread title a quote from Oliver Twist?

I just saw the movie version a few days ago, and one of the most dramatic moments (IMO) is when Oliver asks for more gruel and the old guy just stares at him. And the room goes quiet.

Amotis
2007-03-18, 10:10 PM
Little do most posters know, Vorpal Tribble is actually Oliver Twist.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-18, 10:43 PM
Out of random curiosity, is the thread title a quote from Oliver Twist?
Yup, its actually pretty famous ;)

Little do most posters know, Vorpal Tribble is actually Oliver Twist.
Thats right, guvnuh.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-18, 10:48 PM
Captain Obvious strikes again! :smalltongue: