PDA

View Full Version : Silcore D6

Kain_Tempest
2007-02-22, 03:11 AM
Probably by far my favourite rules system, unfrotunately, the community has sort of disappeared. I was wondering how many forum goers have played the d6 version of SilCore?

Premier
2007-02-22, 06:22 AM
I know the D6 system - assuming you're talking about West End Games' D6, and love it for it's ease of use. However, I've no idea what this "SilCore" is.

Kain_Tempest
2007-02-22, 04:24 PM
Perhaps I should have been more specific, though I was kinda self-concious and didn't want to make it sound like a lame viral ad.

SilCore is short for Silohuette Core Rule, the 3rd Edition of a D6 system, which was created by the company Dream Pod 9, of Montreal Canada. The intent of the system was to create a fast and easy D6 system that used a reasonable amount of dice. (Using more than 5d6 is bordering on epic checks.) Plus, the system was also intended to have easy conversion from regular RPG standards to tactical wargame scale.

Dream Pod 9 is the company responsible for the Heavy Gear universe, which was liscenced to Activision where they created two games. It was also liscenced to an Australian (?) animation company who created a 3D Animation series, which got some late night/early morning air time in North America about a year or two ago. (To fans, the show was abyssmal.)

Aside from Heavy Gear, (Which is described as how Tom Clancy would write science fiction,) they also created several other RPG universes, including Jovian Chronicles (Gundam without god-mode,) Gear Krieg (WWII with transforming tanks, death rays, and zombie soldiers with jetpacks,) Tribe 8 (Post-apocalyptic earth, with strong swords & sorcery elements,) and Core Command (Space opera with multiple races fighting a 'great, unknown evil'.)

The reason why I created this post was to determine how many people know of this system, due to the fact that it is difficult to find a player base because DP9 kinda dropped their community support, or so it seems. Further I wanted to see if there would be enough of a player base to try and run a SilCore PbP on these servers.

Wizard_Tom
2007-02-22, 04:42 PM
I've recently aquired the SilCore book myself and I'm running heavy gear campaign with my local gaming group. I love the system. I'd also like to find the source books for tribe 8.