PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other By the Power of my belief! [FEAT] PEACH

spikeof2010
2014-06-18, 05:36 PM
Divine Counter [General][Counter]
Prereq: Turn Undead Class Feature, Character Level 5
With the power of your belief in your cause, you expend one use of your Lay On Hands in order to blast your enemies away.

When you are hit with a direct melee attack, you may expend one use of your Turn Undead immediately after as an immediate action to reduce the damage of that attack by 1/2 and to blast all enemies within a 5 feet radius of you 10 feet away. Enemies must make a reflex save of DC 10+1/2 your character level. If they slam into an obstacle, they take 1d6 damage. This is a supernatural ability.

Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, increasing the radius by 5ft and the blast distance 10 feet, the damage from slamming into an obstacle also increases by 1d6.

Suggestions?

Thealtruistorc
2014-06-18, 07:08 PM
I like it, but paladin does not seem like a class that would benefit heavily from this feat. Swap out lay on hands for turn/rebuke undead, though, and you have a great feat for clerics.

JeminiZero
2014-06-18, 08:27 PM
OK, lets see:

When you are hit with a direct melee attack, you may expend one use of your Lay On Hands
Lay On Hands (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/paladin.htm) doesn't work on a per use basis.

Each day she can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to her paladin level x her Charisma bonus.
It is pool of points, and you can channel as little or as many, with each use as you choose. Change this to something like "When you are hit with a direct melee attack, by expending X points from your Lay On Hands pool...", where X can be 10 or something. (Assuming you keep it as Lay on Hands).

immediately
In order to make the action usage clear, phrase this "as an immediate action".

to reduce the damage of that attack by 1/2 and to blast all enemies within a 5 feet radius of you 10 feet away. If they slam into an obstacle, they take 1d6 damage.
Does this have a save? Or is it a no-save effect?

Suggestions?
One last thing, feats are Extraordinary abilities unless otherwise stated. So if this is a Supernatural or Spell-Like ability, it should state so somewhere in the description.

spikeof2010
2014-06-18, 08:36 PM
I updated with the things you guys asked, and probably should have put in to begin with. Also I got confused of what the Cleric had. :0

Jormengand
2014-06-19, 06:33 AM
The fluff description still says lay on hands. Also, you call for a reflex save, but success doesn't actually do anything.