PDA

View Full Version : Erfworld Movie

EntilZha
2007-02-24, 10:58 PM
Who would you cast in an Erfworld movie?

My choices:

Wanda Firebaugh - Angelina Jolie
Jillian Zamussels - Uma Thurman
Lord Stanley the Tool - Jason Alexander (with the same kind of toupee he wore in "Shallow Hal")
Parson - Jack Black
Prince Ansom - Leonardo DeCaprio
Bogroll - CGI, voiced by Michael Clarke Duncan

Kromag
2007-02-24, 11:26 PM
Wanda Firebaugh - Catherine Bell
Jillian Zamussels - Charlize Theron
Lord Stanley the Tool - Martin Short
Parson - Jake Gyllenhal (he'd need to gain some weight though =P)
Prince Ansom - Kevin Sorbo
Bogroll - CGI, voiced by Mike Henry (Voice of Cleveland Brown, family guy)

I like this thread :)

chionophile
2007-02-25, 02:10 AM
I don't think Erfworld is made for anything other than animation. Live action would not do it justice.

That being said, I have no idea who I would pick to voice the characters. Alternate thread option - pick voices, but not faces.

The Dirge
2007-02-25, 02:53 AM
Are you trying to make a plot or eye-candy movie?

Demented
2007-02-25, 05:03 AM
Who says you can't have both?

Personally, I'd like them taken to the extreme at the expense of all else... Save for a tongue-in-cheek sense of humor.
With the dialogue being the story, and Wanda being the eye-candy.

Of course, nobody else would like it.
The last movie like that was A.I.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-02-25, 05:13 AM
Who would you cast in an Erfworld movie?

My choices:

Lord Stanley the Tool - Jason Alexander (with the same kind of toupee he wore in "Shallow Hal")
Parson - Jack Black
Prince Ansom - Leonardo DeCaprio
Bogroll - CGI, voiced by Michael Clarke Duncan

I'd say...wrong role for her so far, wrong role for her so far, don't know him, no, not really but possibly, and I like this guy too much to relegate him to toilet humor.

Wanda Firebaugh - Catherine Bell
Parson - Jake Gyllenhal (he'd need to gain some weight though =P)
Bogroll - CGI, voiced by Mike Henry (Voice of Cleveland Brown, family guy)

I like this thread :)

No real opinions, except martin short sounds pretty good, as does mike henry.

belboz
2007-02-26, 12:24 AM
I'm not sure about most of them, but Lord Stanley = Wallace Shawn, not Jason Alexander.

TinSoldier
2007-02-26, 01:21 AM
I'm not sure about most of them, but Lord Stanley = Wallace Shawn, not Jason Alexander.Inconceivable!

ElfLad
2007-02-26, 01:36 AM
Wallace Shawn is too neurotic-sounding. Lord Stanley runs on sheer bravado.

That said, Stephen Colbert.

Jacob_Gallagher
2007-02-26, 06:17 AM
Eddie Murphy as Bogroll :smallbiggrin:

pclips
2007-02-26, 09:33 AM
This is a cool thread. :smallcool: What about Zooey Deschanel (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0221046/) as Wanda?

Khantalas
2007-02-26, 09:41 AM
What about Zooey Deschanel (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0221046/) as Wanda?

PClips, you're my hero for saying that. I want to build a statue to honor you.

Sadly, it has to be in Turkey.

EntilZha
2007-02-26, 10:01 AM
This is a cool thread. :smallcool: What about Zooey Deschanel (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0221046/) as Wanda?

I definitely have to reconsider my position. Zooey would be perfect! Plus I'd love to see her in those Wanda costumes (pant, pant, pant)

dragongirl13
2007-02-26, 06:46 PM
I'm definitely seconding Jack Black as Parson and Angelina Jolie as Wanda. The thing is, I don't know who would play anyone else.

Khantalas
2007-02-26, 06:49 PM
Noo!!! We need to support Zooey Deschanel as Wanda!

Say I'm crazy if you want, but Zooey is way hotter than Angelina. That's my inner geek speaking.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-02-26, 07:27 PM
Noo!!! We need to support Zooey Deschanel as Wanda!

Say I'm crazy if you want, but Zooey is way hotter than Angelina. That's my inner geek speaking.

I have to agree with Khan on this one.

EntilZha
2007-02-26, 09:34 PM
Alternatively, how about Christina Applegate as Jillian?

Cobra_Ikari
2007-02-27, 10:37 PM
I'm not sure about most of them, but Lord Stanley = Wallace Shawn, not Jason Alexander.

This last comic makes this a much more interesting point.

TinSoldier
2007-02-27, 10:41 PM
No, Erfworld 29 would make it Peter Cook. Or Christopher Guest.

chionophile
2007-02-27, 11:51 PM
Except Stanley actually said "Inconceivable!". Granted, he said "Stop saying that!" too, but he's really more of a Vizzini type than a Count Rugen. And I associate "inconceivable" with the Princess Bride more than "stop saying that".

As for Peter Cook... I'm not seeing the Impressive Clergyman in Stanley. Not sure where you got that one from.

TinSoldier
2007-02-27, 11:57 PM
As for Peter Cook... I'm not seeing the Impressive Clergyman in Stanley. Not sure where you got that one from.Just the extra Ws in the comic. Nothing else.

And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva...

Rocheforte
2007-02-27, 11:58 PM
As for Peter Cook... I'm not seeing the Impressive Clergyman in Stanley. Not sure where you got that one from.
Now, Sizemore....

Sergeantbrother
2007-02-28, 07:43 AM
I think Ethan Suplee, from American History X, would make a good Parson. As others have said, Wallace Shawn would be the perfect Lord Stanley.

Furin_Mirado
2007-02-28, 11:07 AM
From what I've heard so far, here's my favorites:

Wanda Firebaugh - Zooey Deschanel
Parson - Jack Black
Bogroll - He'd definatley be CG, but I can't think of a good voice actor yet.

Now I'm going to be thinking about Bogroll all day at work until I can think of what he sounds like, haha.

ElfLad
2007-03-03, 01:01 PM
Bogroll - He'd definatley be CG, but I can't think of a good voice actor yet.

Who did the voice of Thelonius in Shrek?

TinSoldier
2007-03-03, 07:03 PM
Christopher Knights (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0971017/)

I guess it's not the same guy as Christopher Knight (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0460843/), of Brady Bunch fame.

Peter Harris
2007-03-13, 05:46 PM
Peter's choices:

Wanda Firebaugh - Anne Hathaway
Jillian Zamussels - Uma Thurman - good call
Lord Stanley the Tool - Patton Oswalt - He was BORN for the part...
Parson - I'd actually use this role to break out an unknown.
Prince Ansom - Rupert Everett in a blonde wig
Bogroll - CGI, voiced by Hank Azaria

Khantalas
2007-03-13, 05:48 PM
I still say that Deschanel is perfect for Wanda.

Peter Harris
2007-03-13, 05:59 PM
I still say that Deschanel is perfect for Wanda.

She'd be better, but Anne Hathaway would be hotter.

JetTheOne
2007-03-14, 01:48 AM
It seems for Parson we need a large guy who can be serious, yet be funny when needed....

I call for Kevin Smith.

Khantalas
2007-03-14, 09:06 AM
She'd be better, but Anne Hathaway would be hotter.

Not really. Deschanel is one of the epitomes of my geeky concept of hot.

ryos
2007-03-14, 09:44 PM
This thread made me register. Sad but true.

I'm in the "it should be animated" camp. Voices:
Stanly: Jason Lee (the voice of Syndrome)
Wanda: Lucy Liu (yes, I'm serious)
Sizemore: Tobey Maguire
Parson: Owen Wilson
Bogroll: John Ratzenberger (of Pixar fame)
Jillian: Julia Roberts
Ansom: Phil Hartman

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-15, 05:14 PM
Peter's choices:

Wanda Firebaugh - Anne Hathaway
Jillian Zamussels - Uma Thurman - good call
Lord Stanley the Tool - Patton Oswalt - He was BORN for the part...
Parson - I'd actually use this role to break out an unknown.
Bogroll - CGI, voiced by Hank Azaria

Wanda - See Khantalas's answer.
Jillian - Maybe...we haven't seen enough of her for me to get a good opinion.
Stanley - Aww, no Wallace Shawn? I haven't heard this guy, I'll take a listen...
Parson - Can't argue about someone I don't know... :)
Ansom - Pretty good, actually...I could see that...
Bogroll - Generally, too nasally of a voice, IMO...I still like Christopher Knights...

This thread made me register. Sad but true.

I'm in the "it should be animated" camp. Voices:
Stanly: Jason Lee (the voice of Syndrome)
Wanda: Lucy Liu (yes, I'm serious)
Sizemore: Tobey Maguire
Parson: Owen Wilson
Bogroll: John Ratzenberger (of Pixar fame)
Jillian: Julia Roberts
Ansom: Phil Hartman

Animated would be good, too, I think...

Stanley - Maybe...
Wanda - Too energetic.
Sizemore - Maybe. A little too much on the plaintive side...
Parson - No. Just...no.
Bogroll - Too...intelligent.
Jillian - Again, I haven't seen enough Jillian.
Ansom - Other than the fact that he's dead? Not sure.

ryos
2007-03-15, 06:10 PM
Ansom - Other than the fact that he's dead? Not sure.

Is he really? That's embarrassing. Shows how much I pay attention. :smalleek:

Suggestion that doesn't need a croakamancer: Brad Pitt (could play the live-action part, too)

Wooter
2007-03-15, 11:16 PM
If we're doing it animated, we could always use voice actors, rather than movie stars that will charge some insane amount and never be right for the role.

I'm sorry, but I'm always bothered by using big names in animated movies when there are fantastic voice actors out there (Jennifer Hale and Phil Lamarr, just to name two) who can get great performances that will adjust to the roll, rather than just have a recognizable voice.

I'm sure Billy West could do a good Prince Ansom. Something along the lines of Zapp Brannigan.

pclips
2007-03-15, 11:33 PM
Patricia Tallman (Lyta Alexander from Babylon 5) was at MarsCon and I could not help but think she'd make a very creepy but excellent Wanda.

http://www.code7r.org/music/images/pmain.jpg

Mr Teufel
2007-03-15, 11:55 PM
What about Jorge Garcia (Hurley from Lost) as Parson?
Or possibly Bogroll?

TinSoldier
2007-03-16, 12:21 AM
Bogroll: John Ratzenberger (of Pixar fame)Don't you mean of Cheers fame? Because that was way before Pixar.

Anyway, I would see him more as Stanley than as Bogroll.

Patricia Tallman (Lyta Alexander from Babylon 5) was at MarsCon and I could not help but think she'd make a very creepy but excellent Wanda.

http://www.code7r.org/music/images/pmain.jpgOh. Patricia Tallman/Lyta Alexander/Babylon 5 for the win!

Mr Teufel
2007-03-16, 12:25 AM
John Goodman as Bogroll?

Dratsabre Tsabala
2007-03-16, 03:52 AM
Someone's been watching O Brother, Where Art Thou? :-p

To whoever suggested using Patton Oswalt as Stanley: I can almost see him more as a Parson, really. It's not a perfect fit, but given that Parson isn't Hollywood's kind of people, I really can't think of too many actors for him.

As far as Lord Stanley is concerned: judging by people I've talked to in the past, I may well be the ONLY person on the face of the earth who watched the short-lived animated version of Dilbert, but from day 1, Stanley's dialogue in my head has been a perfect match with Larry Miller, the voice of Dilbert's pointy-haired boss.

Swashbuckler
2007-03-16, 09:43 AM
Sorry, kids ... I'm going to have to go with Kate Beckinsale (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000295/) for Wanda. None of the other suggestions even remotely come close for a necromantic dominatrix she-b*tch type.

Anyone with a quote like, "No one is more enslaved than a slave who doesn't think they're enslaved," has got to be the winner for the Wanda role. :biggrin:

Khantalas
2007-03-16, 09:50 AM
But Kate Beckinsale isn't even hot...

Haarculaneaum
2007-03-16, 10:23 AM
Animated, animated, animated:

Stanely -- Larry Miller. Very good, dratsabre. Other possibility: Johnny Depp -- he has the ability to go from harmless tool to evil monster in about .5 nanoseconds (see the scene in Finding Neverland where he meets his wife in the theatre).
Parson -- John Cusack. Geeky + Brilliant + Sardonic.
Wanda -- still Zooey. Her creakly voice is full of Wanda's doubt & brilliance.
Jillian -- Uma Thurman is not a bad choice but I would want a little more deadpan. Say. . . Candace Bergen.
Bogroll -- Patrick Stewart (think "The Inner Light" episode)
Sizemore -- Sean Murray of NCIS fame
Ansom -- duh -- Kenneth Branagh

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-16, 12:24 PM
But...Zooey Deschanel could pull off that disinterested part of Wanda so well!

ryos
2007-03-17, 12:36 AM
Bogroll -- Patrick Stewart

Patrick...STEWART? Too dignified, too old, not right at all.

Haarculaneaum
2007-03-17, 12:50 AM
You are thinking of Patrick Stewart and what he looks like.
I am thinking of Patrick Stewart and what he can do with his voice.

Bogroll is a fascinating character because he is deadpan and honest and pathetic. Stewart can imbue a voice with pathos and vulnerability. Reference the above Star Trek: TNG episode -- or -- anything he does with Scrooge.

Haar

JetTheOne
2007-03-17, 02:25 AM
Patrick...STEWART? Too dignified, too old, not right at all.

O.O HAVE YOU SEEN WHEN HE HOSTED SNL!? Then you shall see why i have to disagree... there was a skit where he was an erotic bakery owner and all the cakes were of women peeing! If he can do that skit, he can be an animated voice!

Haarculaneaum
2007-03-17, 11:38 AM
Thank you, Jet The One. I had entirely forgotten about that. British actors can do anything.

Haar.

JetTheOne
2007-03-17, 10:44 PM
Thank you, Jet The One. I had entirely forgotten about that. British actors can do anything.

Haar.

You're welcome, I loved that episode, it was good to see he had a well developed funny side.

Estelindis
2007-03-17, 11:13 PM
Awesome thread! My favourite selections from the suggestions of others...

What about Zooey Deschanel (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0221046/) as Wanda?
I had actually never heard of her before, but those pictures seem to show her as being perfect for the role.

She has the same heart-shaped face as Jillian - Uma Therman just isn't quite right to me.

Good call! He has the right kind of chin. *grin*

Parson - Jack Black
For the right mix of cynical humour and imperfect humanity (I'm thinking here of his performance in King Kong especially).

In terms of the other characters, none of the suggestions seem quite right (apart from, perhaps, Patrick Stewart for Sizemore).

Strengfellow
2007-03-18, 11:59 AM
These are the only ones im even vaguely sure of...

Live Wanda Zooey Deschanel or Christina Ricci, animated Wanda Sara Gilbert.
Live or animated Joe Pesci IS Vinny Doombats.

belboz
2007-03-28, 11:32 PM
I still haven't made up my mind what Ansom is like, exactly. If he ends up moving towards the jerk-y end of the spectrum, I'd say (although the he's too old for a live-action role) that the voice of Fred Willard (the horrible smarmy guy in just about every Christopher Guest movie) would be excellent for an animated Ansom.

joe_lofty
2008-12-05, 11:30 AM
I know this is an old thread, but its interesting none the less. Here's my two-cents

Wanda Firebaugh - Kathleen Robertson
Jillian Zamussels - Sarah Michelle Gellar
Lord Stanley the Tool - Seth Green
Parson - Nick Frost
Sizemore - Simon Peg
Prince Ansom - Nathan Fillion
Vinnie Bats - Michael Imperioli
Bogroll - CGI, voiced by Patrick Wharburton

quindraco
2008-12-05, 11:45 AM
I know this is an old thread, but its interesting none the less. Here's my two-cents

Wanda Firebaugh - Kathleen Robertson
Lord Stanley the Tool - Seth Green
Parson - Nick Frost
Sizemore - Simon Peg
Prince Ansom - Nathan Fillion
Vinnie Bats - Michael Imperioli
Bogroll - CGI, voiced by Patrick Wharburton

Why does Bogroll make the main character list? I think Misty had more lines.
I also can't support a cast list which does not include Felicia Day. :(
Anyway, if you're turning the comic into a movie, don't forget the narrator; you need a sexy voice for the klogs. Like Morgan Freeman or James Earl Jones (is he still alive?).

I like Samuel L. Jackson in a cameo for Lord Manpower the Temporary. Key lime pie, &#$%&.

Sweetie Welf
2008-12-05, 02:18 PM
Wanda Firebaugh - Jessica (http://gallery.jessicaalba.net/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=0&pos=64)Alba (http://gallery.jessicaalba.net/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=0&pos=121)! (http://gallery.jessicaalba.net/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=0&pos=32)

Traker
2008-12-05, 02:41 PM
Summer Glu: Wanda
Jack Black: Parson
:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

dr pepper
2008-12-05, 04:37 PM
Comic Book Guy as Parson.
Zapp Brannigan as Ansom.
Magilla Gorilla as Bogroll.
Grown up Pebbles as the redheaded commander.
Penelope Pitstop as Jillian.

Phoen
2008-12-07, 09:03 AM
Nigel Bennett as Charlie (if we get to see him eventually, later books maybe?)

Sweetie Welf
2008-12-07, 12:23 PM
Sizemore - Patrick Stewart.

pclips
2008-12-07, 12:45 PM
If we were doing voices, I'd hate to tell you whose voice I hear in my head for Jillian. Might ruin her for some of you. :smallwink: But I think Tress MacNeille could do a fine job interpreting Jillian, brassy and self-assured.

http://voicechasers.com/database/showactor.php?actorid=1219

SmallFurryMamml
2008-12-08, 05:28 AM
Vinnie Doombats - John Travolta, although he might be getting a bit old for the role.

Charlie - Either John Forsythe (the voice of the original Charlie from Charlie's Angels, or Bill Nighy (neither is how I imagine him though, I just think they're fitting)

Bill Nighy as someone.

Roupe
2008-12-08, 06:09 AM
Stanley - Michael Palin
Jillian- Keira Knightley
Wanda - Stephanie Jacobsen
Bogroll (CGI) voice - Clive Russell
Sizemore -Neil Patrick Harris
Ansom - Nathan Fillion
Parson - Jorge Garcia

Godskook
2008-12-08, 10:42 AM
If we were doing voices, I'd hate to tell you whose voice I hear in my head for Jillian. Might ruin her for some of you. :smallwink:

I'm willing to take full and utter lack of responsibility for the ruining of Jillian's image. Who do you have in mind?

Kaerbek
2008-12-10, 02:14 PM
Of all the options for Wanda's role I've seen, I can't say I see any of those women playing that part. I mean, some options seem so random just as: "I'll pick this hot mama because I like to fantazise with her and I would love to se her in the role".

And no real notion of the "phisique du rol" for an actor to asume not only the personality, the notion and of course, the looks of a character.

So, I will say that the only good actress that matches not only the looks of wanda (based not only in the comic but also in that old drawing of wanda I've seen around here, can't remember where) also has the talent and experience playing cold and strong women with a sprinkle of sensuality and also has the attitud of an elitist intellectual would be... (Jessica Alba? too beautifull to be in such a serious personality, I see no balance in her acting)

The beautifull, talented Monica Bellucci, I absolutely see a resemblance in Wanda's aparience and and she has that badass attitude with a maternal look when she wants.

image (http://www.silverbeauties.com/Specials/Monica_Bellucci/image/Monica_Bellucci_041.JPG) image (http://www.lahiguera.net/cinemania/actores/monica_bellucci/fotos/1844/monica_bellucci.jpg) image (http://www.lahiguera.net/cinemania/actores/monica_bellucci/fotos/4524/monica_bellucci.jpg) image (http://www.thecinemasource.com/moviesdb/images/Monica_Bellucci-1.jpg)

DevilDan
2008-12-10, 02:21 PM
I'm beginning to see why casting directors and producers are needed...

pclips
2008-12-10, 02:23 PM
I'm willing to take full and utter lack of responsibility for the ruining of Jillian's image. Who do you have in mind?

You may be willing to wreck Jillian, but I am not. The name cannot be unsaid, once said! :smalleek:

Fjolnir
2008-12-10, 03:14 PM
I'm still slightly surpised Rose McGowan hasn't been suggested for the role of wanda, that being said :
parson & bogroll: john goodman, if splitting the role there george wendt and john ratzenburger
Charlie: armin shimerman, I picture him as a quite greedy charecter in the world and who better than everyone's favorite ferengi to portray that.
Stanley: wallace shawn possibly danny devito if you want short and angry
Ansom: john lithgow
wanda: the afformentioned rose mcgowan
jillian: tough honestly, I'll go with katie segal
sizemore: billy west
vinny: I'd say deniro or stallone if they were younger, but I still picture him with a thick italiojersey accent (you know the one)

jmsl
2008-12-10, 03:48 PM
I'm perfectly willing to ruin Jillian's image!
Let's see:
Phyllis Diller?
Dabney Coleman?
Sarah Palin?
Klinger from MASH?
Dolly Parton?
Celine Dion?

Now, what could you be thinking that would be a worse selection for playing Jillian than that? Margaret Thatcher already has a role.

SteveMB
2008-12-11, 11:35 PM
Let's see:
Phyllis Diller?
Dabney Coleman?
Sarah Palin?
Klinger from MASH?
Dolly Parton?
Celine Dion?

Now, what could you be thinking that would be a worse selection for playing Jillian than that? Margaret Thatcher already has a role.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t291/smbrinich/Erfworld/117px/MyBrainHurts117x117.png

fehler
2008-12-12, 02:24 PM

Lord Stanley the Tool - Armin Shimerman

Parson - That guy from lost looks the part. But I've never watched lost to see if he's good. Black is too wacky, Goodman is too old. Topher Grace in a fat suit is too distracting, but brings the right kind of "Gee, Whiz" energy to the role. Jonah Hill is too short. Seth Rogan is close, but too overexposed (people would want a funny sex scene between him and Wanda, and that ain't happening).

Prince Ansom - Uhh, someone who can play a good pompus buffoon yet not get arrested for being in a scene with SMG. Ashton Kutcher? Naa, not pompus enough.

Bogroll - The voice of the troll from "Warcraft 2". "We're ready master. (I'm not ready!)"

Sizemore - He's dead, bu Vincent Schiavelli would have been perfect. There's a guy like him, but I can't remember his name. Skinny, dry humor, etc. Not Jeffrey Tambor, but close. Tambor could do it, too, but he'd have to get much, much skinnier.

Webinar - William Fichtner, or Kurt Fuller. Older than Ansom, but more pompus. Yet he has to convey his hesitance to lead the forces in the tunnels, Webinar's tragic scene.

quindraco
2008-12-12, 04:40 PM
Let's see:
Phyllis Diller?
Dabney Coleman?
Sarah Palin?
Klinger from MASH?
Dolly Parton?
Celine Dion?

Britney Spears?

Roupe
2008-12-19, 07:09 AM
Parson - That guy from lost looks the part. But I've never watched lost to see if he's good.

His name is Jorge Garcia and its because his portrayal of Hurley that I think he would be a excellent Parson and act the part.

talkamancer
2008-12-22, 01:04 PM
I'm loving this thread and just registered so I could post this,

How about Carry on Erfworld ?

Wanda Firebaugh - Fenella Fielding
Jillian Zamussels - Barbara Windsor
Lord Stanley the Tool - Jim Dale
Parson - Sid James
Sizemore - Kenneth Williams
Prince Ansom - Leslie Phillips
Vinnie Bats - Roy Castle
Bogroll - Bernard Bresslaw

All actors assumed to be in their prime !