PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4e My Original Homebrew (Re-jigged Official Material!)

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-02, 05:46 PM
Races

Rebuilt Cadavers

"I must continue in life - yet my body is despoiled. I will need a new one"

These creatures, assembled from junk and random objects, are inhabited by a soul desperate for another chance at life, or one reclaimed from the underworld through occult means. They worship a wide variety of gods, though usually shy away from worshiping the Raven Queen, who wants to reclaim them. Evil Rebuilt Cadavers often worship Vecna, who helped them reclaim their mortal life.

Average Height: Varies
Average Weight: Varies

Ability Scores: +2 Con, +2 Dex or +2 Int
Size: Medium or Small
Speed: 5
Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, 1 other language of your choice
Skill Bonuses: +2 Arcana, +2 Religion
Artificial Resistance: You are completely resistant to Poison & Disease unless you fail the first saving throw. You still are counted as being Diseased or Poisoned.
Previous Existance: Choose a race. You can take feats that have this race as a prerequisite.
Never Tire: You do not need to sleep, though you must enter a period of inactivity for 4 hours to gain the benefits of an extended rest.
Constructed Body: Your body has been built, so for the purpose of spells that relate to creature origin, you are a construct.
Glowing Eyes: You can use glowing eyes as an at-will power

Glowing Eyes
With a spark, the small lamps you used to rebuild your eyes light, spreading light around the room.
At-Will Power
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Your eyes glow with a light which illuminates a 13 square wide close burst (a square of 13 by 13 centered on yourself). Dismissing the light is a free action.

Half-Giants

"Half a Giant, half something, I know not what. I like to think it was a celestial being, but it was probably some common orcish welp."

Strong, wise children of giants and unknown beings, half-giants are often consumed with confusion and curiousity about who they are descended from. They typically side and identify with giants, and so are on poor relations with dwarves and goliaths.

Height: 8ft - 10ft
Weight: 410lb - 570lb

Ability Scores: +2 Wis, +2 Con or +2 Strength
Size: M
Speed: 7

Languages: Common, Giant
Skill Bonuses: +2 Endurance, +2 Perception
Destructive Blow: You have the encounter power Destructive Blow.
Stone Skin: +2 racial bonus to Fortitude
Long Step: You can step straight over 1 square holes or rough terrain when walking or running. If you make an Athletics Check (DC 15) you can step over two. This is counted as movement over normal terrain.

Destructive Blow
Your strike crumbles stone and smashes your enemy back.
Encounter
Major Action Melee Weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage
Effect: The target is pushed two squares back, and the square becomes rough terrain.

Orions

"I feel almost torn apart, like my very body is fighting itself."

Orions are the unfortunate spawn of (often unwilling) couplings between demons and angels. They look similar to devas and tieflings, but are obviously different. They often have horns and vestigal angelic wings (and can have any feature of angels or demons), and their skin colour varies from dark red to purplish. They are commonly lopsided, with, say, bony claws on one hand and a normal hand on the other. They may have fangs only on their top jaw, or, in rare cases, one or two goat's legs in place of their own. About half have tails. Many will try and disguise themselves with long, loose, concealing clothing. Many have turned away from the gods in anger.

Orions are capable of great acts of evil or good - even a Chaotic Evil Orion might save a person from a burning building, and a Lawful Good Orion might slaughter a helpless commoner.

Height: 5'4" - 6'8"
Weight: 130lb - 240lb

Ability Scores: +2 Cha, +2 Dex or +2 Int
Size: M
Speed: 6

Languages: Common, choice of one other
Skill Bonuses: +2 Bluff, +2 Religion
Flight of Angels: You have the Flight of Angels daily power.
Guts of Glory: You deal +1d4 fire damage when bloodied, as your demonic side is more exposed.
Wicked Righteousness: You have either the Deva racial trait Astral Majesty or the Tiefling racial trait Bloodhunt.

Flight of Angels
The vestigal wings on your back wriggle and expand, turning temporaraly into great white feathery wings, similar to those of your angelic parent. Its time to fly.
Daily
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You gain a fly speed of twice your ground speed for 10 minutes.

Fey Gob

"Yes, I may resemble a goblin. However, I am not. I'm no common murderer - I'm an exotic killer!"

Fey Gobs are the descendants of Goblins who moved into the Feywild. Growing up among elves and eladrin, they are almost completely different in attitude to Goblins (which is why they refer to themselves as Gobs, ashamed of their cruel, mean cousins.) They are sneaky and can have short tempers, but are much kinder and more generous. They are loyal to the end. Their physiology is, however, similar, with sharp fangs, green skin and red/yellow eyes. The Feywild, has, however, had some effect, as their eyes can be light blue (and are usually bright and keen), as can patches of their skin.

Average Height: 2'1” - 3'5”
Average Weight: 60 – 80 lb

Ability Scores: +2 Int, +2 Dex or +2 Wis
Size: Small
Vision: Low-Light

Languages: Common, Goblin or Elven
Skill Bonuses: +2 Acrobatics, +2 Arcana
Eladrin Training: You can use the Eladrin racial power Fey Step as an Encounter Power
Gob Weapon Proficency: You are proficient with daggers & swordswords.
Fey Origins: You/your ancestors are native to the Feywild, so you are considered a Fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Gob Cunning: Your weapon dice increase one size when you use an attack of opportunity.
Fey Mist: You can use Feywild Mist as an encounter power.

Feywild Mist
You lob a cloud of obscuring fog from the Feywild moors into the battlefield.
Daily Power
Minor Action Ranged 10
Effect: You create a 3x3 square of thick fog that interrupts line of sight and provides heavy concealment to anyone in it. The fog lasts for 5 rounds.

Seedborn

"I am a beautiful flower, and a thorny bush. I am a fluttering butterfly, and a malicious hornet."

Seedborn appear when a seed infused with magic grows. They are living plants, with their humanoid bodies formed of tightly knotted plants. They are not tree-like, so are not covered in bark. Their feet are root-like, and appear to fuse with the ground whenever they take a step. Depending on their personality, mood and emotions, they look different. Angry or malicious seedborn may be covered in thorns, or appear to be made of wilting plants. Happy or kind seedborn may be coated in flowers.

They often do not worship gods, as they give thanks to their fellow nature spirits. However, they may worship Melora or the four season gods. Their appearance changes over the seasons. They get on well with Wilden, but can see them as evoking the more vicious, cruel part of nature.

Average Height: 5'3” - 6'1”
Average Weight: 100 – 200 lb

Ability Scores: +2 Wis, +2 Dex or +2 Con
Size: Medium

Skill Bonuses: +2 Nature, +2 Perception
Breezes: Choose one of the four breezes below.
Spring: You can move half your speed without provoking attacks of opportunity.
Summer: You can use Flame Seed as a minor action.
Autumn: You gain +1 AC against creatures which have combat advantage against you.
Winter: You can deal +1d6 extra damage (cold) once per encounter
Dissolving Body: You gain +1 to Reflex.
Deep Rooted: You reduce the distance you are pulled or pushed by 1 square.
Flame Seed: You have the Druid power flame seed as a limited at-will; 3 times per encounter.
Restraining Vines: You have the encounter power restraining vines.

Grappling Vines
Tendrils erupt from the ground, fastening your opponent in place.
Encounter Power {} Primal
Minor Action Ranged 5
Attack: Wisdom + 1 vs. Reflex
Effect: The target is immobilized.
Special: At level 11, the target is restrained.

Noui Mind

"My intellect is astounding! Seriously, I am amazing. Just awesome."

Noui Minds are humans of extreme intelligence. Their mental prowess surpasses most other creatures. Their name, backwards, means that they believe themselves to be perfect creations of the goddess of knowledge, the Inscribed One. Most worship her.

For these reasons, most are quite conceited, though they can hide it well. However, they are not that wise, as most grew up in the lap of luxury, studying and scribing in peace. They are, therefore, quite naive (trying to pet an Owlbear because it's fluffy, asking why drow and elves can't be friends, e.t.c.)

Average Height: 5”6' – 6”2'
Average Weight: 135 – 220 lb

Ability Scores: +2 Int, +2 Cha or +2 Wis

Languages: Common, choice of two others
Skill Bonuses: +2 to two knowledge skills of your choice
Multi-Purpose Mind: You can chose two encounter powers at 1st level from any class that has the same power source as your main class.
Intellect: You have a +2 racial bonus to Will.
Shred Sanity: You have the encounter power shred sanity.

Shred Sanity
You assault a foe with terrible mental images. They are stupified by what they see.
Encounter Power
Minor Action Ranged 5
Attack: Intelligence vs. Will
Effect: The target is dazed (save ends.)

Centaur

"Mars is especially bright tonight. Not a good sign."

Half-men, half-horses, centaurs are wild, free folk. They live together in tight-knit herds, and consider it the height of embarrasement to be exiled, though some leave voluntarily. They are bow users, primarily, but also use spears.

Race: Centaur
Average Height: 7”2' – 9”1'
Average Weight: 920 – 1370 lb

Ability Scores: +2 Wis, +2 Str or +2 Dex
Speed: 6 (7 if charging or running)

Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Nature
Steed: You count as a mount, and any friendly rider gains +1 to all defenses.
Trample: When you move through a monster's square because they are prone or Tiny, they are stunned.
Centaur Weapon Training: You have proficiency with all non-superior bows and reach weapons.

Stampede
You gallop forward with a roar, galvanising your allies to do likewise.
Encounter Power
Move Action Ranged 5
Effect: Your allies within 5 squares shift 3 squares.

Revamped Official Material

Call Ancestor Spirit
With a swift motion, you recall a spirit of your mightiest ancestor to help you. Honoured to be summoned to continue the heroics of your ancestors, he takes up position.
At-Will {} Conjuration, Primal
Minor Action Clost Burst 20
Effect: You conjure a spirit of your ancestor in an unoccupied square in the burst. The spirit lasts until you fall unconscious or until you dismiss it as a minor action. The spirit occupies 1 square. Enemies cannot move through its space, but allies can. When you take a move action, you can also move the spirit a number of squares equal to your speed.
The spirit can be targeted by melee or ranged attacks, although it lacks hit points. If a single melee or ranged attack deals damage to the spirit equal to 15 + one-half your level or higher, the spirit disappears, and you take damage equal to 10 + one-half your level. Otherwise, the spirit is unaffected by the attack. The ancestor spirit can be used in powers with the spirit keyword. It replaces the Call Spirit Companion Shaman power.
Special: You can summon two forms of ancestor spirits: a Warrior Chieftain and a Medicine Man. These affect your powers. You choose which ancestor to summon after each extended rest.

Ancestor's Spear
With a lunge, your ancestor channels your foes vital force into you or an ally.
At-Will {} Healing, Implement, Primal, Spirit
Opportunity Action Melee spirit 1
Trigger: An enemy leaves a square adjacent to your ancestor spirit without shifting.
Target: The triggering enemy
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier damage. Level 21: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage
Effect: You or one ally within 5 squares of the enemy gain hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier. This replaces the Spirit's Fangs Shaman power, and is only usable with the Call Ancestor Spirit power.
Augment:
Warrior Chieftain: 1d10 + Wisdom modifier damage.
Medicine Man: The temporary hit points are equal to double your Wisdom modifier.

Ancestor's Shield
Your ancestor throws up his shield, blocking an enemy from moving away, and allowing your allies to better prepare their attacks.
At-Will {} Implement, Primal, Spirit
Opportunity Action Melee spirit 1
Trigger: An enemy leaves a square adjacent to your ancestor spirit without shifting.
Target: The triggering enemy
Effect: You and your allies (including your ancestor spirit) gain a +2 power bonus to attack rolls against the target. This replaces the Spirit's Shield Shaman power, and is only usable with the Call Ancestor Spirit power.
Augment:
Warrior Chieftain: 1d4 damage to the target.
Medicine Man: +3 power bonus to attack rolls.

Scorpion Familiar
They scuttle and sting, much like you. Striking arcanists love these little beasts.
Speed 5
Constant Benefits
Scorpic Immunity: You have resist 5 to poison damage.
Active Benefits
Sting!: If you use an arcane power on a creature adjacent to your familiar, you can convert the damage and ongoing damage into poison damage.

TROUTCATCHER SHIFTER
Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution
Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Nature
Troutcatcher Shifting: You have the troutcatcher shifting power.

Troutcatcher Shifting
You unleash the beast within and take on a savage countenance.
Encounter
Minor Action Personal
Requirement: You must be bloodied.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain +2 to attack rolls and +2 bonus to AC.

Troutcatcher shifters are descended from barbaric Bear Warriors, and resemble large bears. They are among the least civilized shifters, and do not adapt well to not living in the wilderness. They are extremely tough, and live in very loose tribes who usually only meet every week, otherwise splitting up and hunting for themselves.

Feats

Fog of War [Fey Gob]
Prerequistes: Fey Gob, Feywild Fog racial power
Benefit: You and your allies gain +1 to AC when they are inside the Feywild Fog AoE.

Breezes [Seedborn]
Prerequistes: Seedborn
Benefit: You can choose a second, different breeze from your racial traits.

Steel Mind [Githzerai]
Prerequistes: Githzerai, Iron Mind racial power
Benefit: The bonus to defenses provided by Iron Mind equals +3.

Paragon Paths

Bishop of the Faith

"I am a prime example of a worshipper, pure and perfect. My god will not permit your foul existence in my presense."

Prerequisite: Cleric class, trained in Diplomancy and Heal.

You have become a high priest, recognised by your god and your people as a radiant mouthpiece for your god. Your healing and diplomancy prowess is renowned.

Bishop of the Faith Path Features

Gentle Touch, Gentle Words (11th level): You add a +2 bonus to any power that has the keyword Healing - the healing itself. You also add a +2 bonus to Diplomancy skill checks.
Holy Body (11th level): You do not need to use Implements. In addition, you gain +1 to attack rolls with powers with the Implement keyword.
Divine Favour (11th level): You can use your Channel Divinity feat twice per encounter.

Bishop of the Faith Prayers

Summon the Angels (Level 11)
Your god answers your striking summons, sending divine beings down to shield your allies and fight your foes.
Encounter {} Divine, Implement, Summon
Major Action Personal
Attack: Wisdom vs. Will
Hit: 1d10 + Wisdom Modifier
Effect: Two angels enter the battlefield adjacent to you. Their speed is 7 squares. They are capable of all actions listed on p. 221 of the PHB2. Their attack and damage equal your Melee Basic Attack.

Healthy Explosion (Level 12)
With a loud bang, your allies are strengthened by a wall of holy light.
Daily {} Divine, Heal
Minor Action Blast 5
Effect: All allies in the blast gain 1d8 hit points.

Time Reversing Blow (Level 20)
You blast your enemy with a shining ray of light, and your god, pleased, allows you to turn back time for an ally.
Daily {} Divine, Implement, Radiant
Major Action Ranged 10
Attack: Wisdom vs. AC
Hit: 2d12 + Wisdom Modifier + Charisma Modifier radiant damage
Effect: An ally's condition and powers are restored to their condition from the beginning of their last turn.

Weapons & Equipment

Weapons

Steel-Plated Club - Proficiency: 2; Damage: 2d4+1; Range: unapplicable; Price: 15 gp; Weight: 6 lb; Group: Mace; Properties: High Crit
Hook Sword - Proficiency: 3; Damage: 1d6; Range: unapplicable; Price: 10 gp; Weight: 4 lb; Group: Light Blade; Properties: Small, High Crit
Kpinga - Proficiency: 3; Damage: 1d8; Range: 10/20; Price: 5 gp; Weight: 1 lb; Group: Light Blade; Properties: Light Thrown

Equipment

Nest of Bees - Minor action to place and set it up in an adjacent square. It contains up to 32 rocket-propelled arrows (3 gp each) and costs 60 gp (comes with 3 arrows.) Each arrow has a range of 15 squares, and a far range of 25 squares. The arrows must be lit by fire. The arrows deal 1d4+1 damage. Only one may be launched per turn, as a minor action.

Tribal Mask Level 6+
This hideously carved mask covers your face, unnerving your opponents.
Lvl 6: 1,800 gp
Lvl 16: 45,000 gp
Lvl 26: 1,125,000 gp
Item Slot: Head
Property (Daily {} Fear): Minor action. Every opponent you can see take a -1 penalty to attack rolls.
Level 16: -2 penalty
Level 26: -3 penalty

If you like these, or have any suggestions, or even if you just want to say well done, please post to keep this thread active.
All my creations are meant to be used. If you do, tell me how it went!

More races and other things will be coming!

Jakodee
2014-07-02, 09:42 PM
Critsism: Repetative strike is overpowered. Period. I'm surprised half- giants don't get a str bonus. The half-giants encounter seems a bit powerful.

Complements: It's nice to see someone homebrew 4E. The glowing eyes thing is cool and is probrobaly the only non comebat racial power I've seen (besides doppelgängers). Keep posting.

Lappy9001
2014-07-02, 11:03 PM
I'm not the best at 4e, so pardon me if some of my critiques are incorrect.

For Artificial Resistance, do you mean the damage type, or an effect with that keyword? And I don't believe Eldritch is a damage type, wouldn't Necrotic make more sense? Complete resistance is kind of powerful.

I second that Repetitive Strike is a fairly power effect. You don't specify if it has to be a MBA either so you could technically use another power with the weapon keyword.

Rebuilt Cadavers still have to eat, breathe, and drink, yes? There is some precedent for these resistances with the warforged.

Glowing eyes is pretty cool. Any reason why it has a 10 minute duration if it's an at-will? I'd just drop that, seeing as you can 'turn' it on and off whenever you want.

Half-Giants on the other hand look very solid and have some interesting abilities.

Overall, I like both of them, although Rebuilt Cadavers are potentially open for some abuse.

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-03, 10:31 AM
Critsism: Repetative strike is overpowered. Period. I'm surprised half- giants don't get a str bonus. The half-giants encounter seems a bit powerful.

Complements: It's nice to see someone homebrew 4E. The glowing eyes thing is cool and is probrobaly the only non comebat racial power I've seen (besides doppelgängers). Keep posting.
Half-Giants don't get a strength bonus because I wanted them to be different to Goliaths. I might swap their Constition bonus for a Strength bonus.

I'm not the best at 4e, so pardon me if some of my critiques are incorrect.

For Artificial Resistance, do you mean the damage type, or an effect with that keyword? And I don't believe Eldritch is a damage type, wouldn't Necrotic make more sense? Complete resistance is kind of powerful.

I second that Repetitive Strike is a fairly power effect. You don't specify if it has to be a MBA either so you could technically use another power with the weapon keyword.

Rebuilt Cadavers still have to eat, breathe, and drink, yes? There is some precedent for these resistances with the warforged.

Glowing eyes is pretty cool. Any reason why it has a 10 minute duration if it's an at-will? I'd just drop that, seeing as you can 'turn' it on and off whenever you want.

Half-Giants on the other hand look very solid and have some interesting abilities.

Overall, I like both of them, although Rebuilt Cadavers are potentially open for some abuse.
I made it have a 10minute duration so as to be similar to the Light cantrip of wizards. Now you mention it though, it is a bit pointless to have a duration.

As for Artificial Resistance, I'll change it to avoid confusion. It means the damage, not the power. As for Eldritch, I don't have the books, so I'll have to check that.

I'll change Repeative Strike later, as two people think its OP.

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-03, 04:37 PM
UPDATE: I have added the Orion and altered the Rebuilt Cadaver's Racial Traits and Racial Power.

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-05, 03:24 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions? Questions?

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-05, 05:43 PM
Now we have (half) a new Paragon Path. Seriously though. 133 views, and 2 guys reply? C'mon! Even if you have little to say!

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-09, 04:20 PM
C'mon! What am I doing wrong?

Jakodee
2014-07-09, 11:38 PM
Your not doing much wrong. You just need to post more or ask a specific question. I've had threads that amounted to "I made this new thingy for 4E, cool no?". They didn't last long without at least a general topic for discussion.

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-10, 12:43 PM
Your not doing much wrong. You just need to post more or ask a specific question. I've had threads that amounted to "I made this new thingy for 4E, cool no?". They didn't last long without at least a general topic for discussion.
How do you mean?

Jakodee
2014-07-10, 04:56 PM
Frankly I was tired when I wrote that and kind of pulled it out of my @$&. What I ment was people will come, see, nod their head, leave, and have no reason to comment. What can they say other than "This is fairly balanced and somewhat interesting. Good day sir."

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-10, 05:27 PM
Frankly I was tired when I wrote that and kind of pulled it out of my @$&. What I ment was people will come, see, nod their head, leave, and have no reason to comment. What can they say other than "This is fairly balanced and somewhat interesting. Good day sir."
Well, yeah, I suppose so. But what can I do?

GoblinGilmartin
2014-07-11, 01:03 AM
So, are Rebuilt Cadavers Constructs or Undead? Sounds like both.

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-11, 12:34 PM
So, are Rebuilt Cadavers Constructs or Undead? Sounds like both.
Well, they are technically both. As I do not believe they can be both, they are classified as undead.

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-11, 06:18 PM
I've redone some stuff and released the Seedborn!

Jakodee
2014-07-13, 04:02 PM
The seed born reminds me of the plant races from guild wars 2.

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-13, 05:58 PM
The seed born reminds me of the plant races from guild wars 2.
Well, I guess so. They look a bit more like the guy on the left though, but less malevolent: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/17107493/images/1323048224045.jpg

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-19, 04:26 PM
I removed the monsters, as I didn't like them.

Right now, I'm working on a class! The Occultist.

Daws2727
2014-07-23, 01:15 AM
Looks nice, I am also working on a bunch of new feats, classes, equipment, and very different animal companion rules, including classes and races for companions. These are very good ideas, you should keep on thinking!

Daws2727
2014-07-23, 01:17 AM
What is the occultist?

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-23, 06:41 PM
Looks nice, I am also working on a bunch of new feats, classes, equipment, and very different animal companion rules, including classes and races for companions. These are very good ideas, you should keep on thinking!
Don't worry, I will! Your work sounds interesting; I'll check it out.

What is the occultist?
The Occultist is in the planning stages now - they are arcane defenders, basically people driven mad by a terrible secret of other-worldly creatures.

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-24, 06:26 PM
I've created a new Shaman power group!

Daws2727
2014-07-26, 12:45 AM
This is a really good homebrew, I especially like the races.
Ha, that's funny I keep running into you on this site.

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-26, 05:58 PM
This is a really good homebrew, I especially like the races.
Ha, that's funny I keep running into you on this site.

Well then, you'll be glad to know that there is now a new race and shifter type!

Daws2727
2014-07-27, 02:08 AM
Ha, I like how the Noui Mind's description is spelt wrong :)
What's the background for the troutcatcher?
Do you want some ideas for equipment?

More random comments coming soon...

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-27, 05:53 PM
Ha, I like how the Noui Mind's description is spelt wrong :)
What's the background for the troutcatcher?
Do you want some ideas for equipment?

More random comments coming soon...
The spelling is now corrected! :smallredface:
Damn, I forgot to add a background. Take a look at p.62 of PBH2. That is a Troutcatcher. I'll add a bit of fluff about their history, e.t.c.
It would be cool to get more equipment (check out the new Tribal Mask.)

Daws2727
2014-07-29, 02:15 AM
I think I will make a thread soon with a list of all my items and kits that I have added to 4e, and mabye a list of my home brew enchanted arrows. Well anyways, nice homebrew, good luck for future postings, and I'll be off now!

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-29, 06:35 PM
I think I will make a thread soon with a list of all my items and kits that I have added to 4e, and mabye a list of my home brew enchanted arrows. Well anyways, nice homebrew, good luck for future postings, and I'll be off now!

Cool, I look forward to it.

IllogicalBlox
2014-08-10, 04:34 PM
I've added the centaur!