PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Storm-style Swordsman (Anima Beyond Fantasy)

Dusk Eclipse
2014-07-14, 12:39 PM
I've grown bored of my Anima Beyond Fantasy Warlock (it turns out that being able to say "I have a spell for that" isn't as fun as one would think) so I decided to work on a new character, this time a Technician (Ki-using warrior) Swordsman. After some thought I decided to go with a Storm theme for his abilities, but apart from the obvious things (electrical-enhanced melee attacks, throwing thunderbolts, etc) I'm not sure what kind of techniques or skills could also mesh with the particular theme. So I thought I'd ask the playground for some suggestions; please note that the system itself is inspired heavily by Shonen anime, so if you could take that into account if you suggest anything I'd be extra grateful.

If anyone with a little more knowledge of A:BF sees this thread and wants to suggest a technique the character will be a 10th level technician so he has about 300-400 MK points to spend.

Thanks in advance.

Kyuu Himura
2014-07-14, 05:11 PM
Hey there! It's not very common to see anyone interested in Anima outside of the Spanish-speaking forums!

Anyway, Storms aren't just electricity, there's also a lot of wind and rain, we could work with that.

Before going into the numbers: What books are available to you? I personally use Core Exxet + Dominus Exxet for my warriors and domine (however the plural of that is written), if you use different books, you may need to adapt a few things.

Anyway, techniques!

Level 1:

Hurricane Dance: (45 MK)
This technique consist in a series of fast spinning slashes against the same enemy, cutting them to pieces like a wet paper in the middle of the storm.
The Hurricane Dance allows the character to attack his enemy 4 times with the same action.
Dex 6
Effects: Limited Extra Attacks (+3; 15 MK), -3 Dex Ki (+30 MK).

Typhoon Sweep: (30 MK)
When surrounded by enemies, the master of storms is not intimidated. By using the typhoon sweep, the warrior may unleash a terrible gust of wind against all enemies arround him, causing grievous cuts and pushing them back.
The Typhoon Sweep creates a small whirlwind centered on the technician, reaching out to 25 meters of radius (75 feet), and pushing back his enemies with an Impact of 10 Strenght.
Pwr 4; Str 6
Effects: Area Attack (25 m; 20 MK), Impact (Str 10; 10 MK)

Give me you opinion on those and then we can work some other things out. See ya.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-07-15, 08:59 AM
Wow, thank you those are pretty neat ideas. And you are right I think I got a little narrow minded when I thought about Storms.