PDA

View Full Version : Campaign idea

Hoorex
2007-03-02, 11:01 PM
I don't know about any mechanics, but I was thinking that it would be cool to play in a world ravaged by living embodiments of the seven deadly sins. What do you guys think?

I could be something as simple as the Seven Sins each being real avatars ruling over the world, or maybe a template for each sin... providing appropriate bonuses and penalties. Is anyone interested in making a world like this with me? Something a little more dark, mysterious, and evil than your everyday DnD world?

crazedloon
2007-03-02, 11:27 PM
I don't know about any mechanics, but I was thinking that it would be cool to play in a world ravaged by living embodiments of the seven deadly sins. What do you guys think?

I could be something as simple as the Seven Sins each being real avatars ruling over the world, or maybe a template for each sin... providing appropriate bonuses and penalties. Is anyone interested in making a world like this with me? Something a little more dark, mysterious, and evil than your everyday DnD world?

Well sounds like it could be fun but the 7 "deadly" sins arent the worse ones out there. They are gateway sins which lead to more "deadly" sins. I would be so willing to help if you dont mind the horrible catholic teachings that have been driven into my reluctant skull :smalleek: (catholic high school for 4 years)

If I was to do this you could devide the world into 7 states each ruled over by an archon of a larger god. These gods are embodyments of the worse sins that the 7 lead to. (realy ill have to think about exactly what they would be) but the archons on the plane who rule are embodyments of the 7 sins becuase they are the gateways to the above gods.

The world would be rife with discord and a normal society would be nearly imposible to set up but give me some time and i proabbly can come up wit some stuff.

Edit: and any campaign in this world would be a group of evil doers looking for favor from the above gods or a resistance group driven against them by good gods/god

Hoorex
2007-03-03, 10:45 AM
I suppose catholic teachings would even help! lol... I don't think we should talk about religion, but ya know... deadly sins, makes sense. I'd love to hear your ideas.

Okay, so what do we need? We should make a "to-do" list

crazedloon
2007-03-03, 11:42 AM
I suppose catholic teachings would even help! lol... I don't think we should talk about religion, but ya know... deadly sins, makes sense. I'd love to hear your ideas.

Okay, so what do we need? We should make a "to-do" list

Well I aint catholic (thus the reluctant skull :smalltongue: ) and I won't be bringing in any catholic teaching into this just a basic thought on sin from them darn buggers :smalltongue:.

To-Do:
Get 7 gods (if you like my above Idea)
get their 7 Archons
Figure out the culture that would evolve under such a rule.

and that is what i can figure out now but im leaving right now to do other RL stuff so ill be back later today to make a more in depth list.

Last_resort_33
2007-03-03, 11:57 AM
I hate to bring somthing non D&D into this... but it sounds like it would make a fun D20 modern game... or even, much better, (as this forum is D20 AND RPG) a World of Darkness game....

I would say Deities and Demigods would be a must for this idea... I'll have a think... great concept

Hoorex
2007-03-03, 11:59 AM
Any and all ideas are welcome.

Neek
2007-03-03, 12:19 PM
If I was to do this you could devide the world into 7 states each ruled over by an archon of a larger god. These gods are embodyments of the worse sins that the 7 lead to. (realy ill have to think about exactly what they would be) but the archons on the plane who rule are embodyments of the 7 sins becuase they are the gateways to the above gods.

While this is cool, I was thinking more of a Dark Ages approach.

There was an epoch of civilization (the Silver age) which hearkened to do the days of yore (the Golden age, an age where the divinities lived among man--a war broke out, and the Golden age ended and the divinities crafted their own planes). The Silver age fell in a slow, gradual decline. As the divinities' powers receded, so did their protective power.

And so came the 7 Evils, dieties of semblance of the 7 sins. As civilization tries to restore itself, and harkens to days of old, it's confronted with the presence of this new evil.