PDA

View Full Version : Yet another spell from me, for you to PEACH!

Melcar
2014-07-28, 11:51 AM
Hellow fellow scribes... Here is another spell which I would like some feedback on. If you thinks more could be puched out of it, feel free to say whatever. As always thanks for taking the time.

Melcar’s Shield
Abjuration [Force]
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Melcar’s Shield creates an invisible, tower shield-sized mobile disk of force that hovers in front of you.

This spell functions like shield (PHB p. 278), except its tangible field of force provides a +6 shield armor bonus to Armor Class.

Jormengand
2014-07-28, 12:14 PM
Hellow fellow scribes... Here is another spell which I would like some feedback on. If you thinks more could be puched out of it, feel free to say whatever. As always thanks for taking the time.

Melcar’s Shield
Abjuration [Force]
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Melcar’s Shield creates an invisible, tower shield-sized mobile disk of force that hovers in front of you.

This spell functions like shield (PHB p. 278), except its tangible field of force provides a +6 shield armor bonus to Armor Class.

Should be second level as it's not that much better.
I'm sure there's a spell that already does this.
Also, the would cause problems on the SRD, as Tasha's Hideous Laughter is written as just Hideous Laughter, so your spell would just be called Shield (The same is true of Black Tentacles; Disjunction is a special case as it was replaced with "Mage's"). While this isn't a problem per se, it's kind of implied that, for example, the spell's actual name is Disjunction and the Mordenkainen's bit is just because he came up with it.

Max Caysey
2014-08-18, 07:09 AM
Should be second level as it's not that much better.
I'm sure there's a spell that already does this.
Also, the would cause problems on the SRD, as Tasha's Hideous Laughter is written as just Hideous Laughter, so your spell would just be called Shield (The same is true of Black Tentacles; Disjunction is a special case as it was replaced with "Mage's"). While this isn't a problem per se, it's kind of implied that, for example, the spell's actual name is Disjunction and the Mordenkainen's bit is just because he came up with it.

It follows the rules or power of Improved Mage Armor, so it should be fine.