PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Leech Class

VadjniArden
2014-08-19, 11:13 AM
This is my first post on here, so bear with me.

OK, so I have an addiction to weakening characters, and not actually dealing straight forward damage when playing. This class was an idea that I had for the benefit of the party, and role play purposes. I had it paired with a plant creature, and the class originated from those creatures specifically. Any feedback that you can give would be much appreciated. I know that one thing I was curious about is my saving throws. Are they too weak? I feel like you would never get full benefit from my abilities.

Leech

Alignment – Any non-Good

HD d8

Class Skills Acrobatics, Autohypnosis, Climb, Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Knowledge (dungeoneering, local), Perception, Perform, Profession, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Survival

Skills – 4+ INT Mod

Proficiencies – They are proficient with no armor or weapons because their diseased hand give all armor and shields the broken quality. They may still have normal gear.
Key abilities are Cha and DEX

Forced Saving Throws – All saving throws that this class forces are 10 + ˝ class level + Charisma modifier.

Plague Shield – When unencumbered and unarmored, the Leech adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to AC and CMD. At level 4, the Leech gains a +1 bonus to AC and CMD. This bonus increases by +1 for every 4 levels thereafter, to a maximum bonus of +5 at Level 20.

Plague Hands – At level 1 the Leech gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. This functions as the Monks unarmed strike ability and the Leech’s damage goes up as the Monk’s of the proper size. The Leech cannot use any weapons other than his hands nor use armor because any armor that is on his person gains the broken quality.

Self Sufficient – You may not gain healing from other sources. You must heal yourself. Your own personal powers are the only way that you may heal yourself, but the bonus from this is that you cannot take negative levels, nor do you suffer from being fatigued, sicked or diseased.

Draining Touch – At 2nd level the Leech has the ability to make a dark, greenish yellow aura surrounds your hands. When you make a touch attack against your opponent, you can deal 1d6 per every 2 Leech levels that you possess. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to your Leech level + your Charisma modifier. This can be used during a grapple and can be used to heal yourself but otherwise functions the same way as anti-paladins touch of corruption.

Self Sacrifice - At the expense of 5 HP per point raised, the Leech can raise the DC of his abilities and spells. At a max of 5 raised DC. This increase cannot stack onto other abilities that raise DC’s of this class, such as Soul Siphon. This ability works with other feats and items that might be used to raise your DC.

Fast Healing – The leech doesn’t just draw from enemies. They draw from the life essence of their environment. As long as there is something living within 40ft+5ft per level of the Leech, they are granted Regeneration 1. The area around them withers and starts dying as long as he is gaining hit points. If he is at max HP, there is no environmental change. At level 9, this ability moves to Regen 2, then to Regen 3 at level 15. At level 20 it becomes Regen 4.

Soul Siphon – At level 5 the leech may choose to make a touch or grapple, and then suck out either 1d4 of any ability, or bestow 1 negative level. Whatever your choice, made at the time of the ability, you gain a benefit. If you drain from an ability, you gain temporary boost to that ability. If you bestow negative levels, you gain bonuses to your dc’s as is you gained levels. These boosts last for 1 hour/class level. If you decide to use this ability on one enemy a second time, the effects cancel out the first effect. What you target determines the save. (Wis, Int, Cha is a will save, Str, Dex, Con and negative levels are a Fortitude save.) At level 10, you have a 2% chance to retain 1 point of any ability score change. At level 15 this percentage goes up to 5% to retain 1 point. These permanent points stack, but do not take effect until the duration of the temporary points ends. At level 10 the temporary damage raises to 1d6/2 negative levels, 15 is 1d8/3 negative levels at level 18 you can bestow 1d10 or 4 negative levels and at level 20 it is 2d6/5 negative levels. Any permanent bonuses max out at 5. At level 18 the percentage goes up to 7%, and at 20 the percentage goes to 10%. These levels cannot go above a +5 per skill. If the save is passed, the character takes half damage.
SS LVL 1 – 1d4 Ability Damage/1 Negative Level at level 5
SS LVL 2 – 1d6 Ability Damage/2 Negative Levels; 2% chance Levels at level 9
SS LVL 3 – 1d8 Ability Damage/3 Negative Levels; 5% at level 13
SS LVL 4 – 1d10 Ability Damage/4 Negative Levels; 7%; at level 17
SS LVL 5 – 2d6 Ability Damage/ 5 Negative Levels; 10% at level 20

Sustaining Body – At level 17, the leech has absorbed enough life to stop him from aging. The character may still die from taking damage, but does not die from aging.

The saves, BAB, AC bonus and unarmed damage is based off of the monk class.

Thanks for taking time to read my class.