PDA

View Full Version : A [challenge] for next month

knightsaline
2007-03-07, 11:24 PM
Haven't done this in a looooong time. I had this idea a few days ago. since next month is the month of fools, why doesn't everyone try brewing up something different from what they would normally brew up. An example is the Vorpal tribble. his creations seem to either be monsters, psionics or psionic monsters. VT could try and make something that is neither psionic or monstery.

What will I be doing next month? well, since I seem to like making wonderous items, I won't be doing those. possibly some chaos powers inspired by everyones favorite hedgehog anti hero.

if you accept this challenge, post in here and when you create something you wouldn't normally create, put [AMNC] in the subject line. AMNC is short for Against My Normal Creations. who's with me!

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-07, 11:35 PM
Actually, I've submitted twice as many spells and non-psi feats the last couple months than I have monsters or psionics... I like to think I'm well rounded :smallamused:

Haven't done many PrC's though. Could always go for another of those.

levi
2007-03-08, 09:52 AM
Well, I haven't submitted much here, or anyware, but so far my homebrew DnD creations (completed, works in progress, percolating ideas) are broken down as follows:

Monsters (14) 4 races 9 critters 1 template
Items (32) 6 weapons 1 armor 16 magic items
Features (6) 1 skill 2 feats or feat trees 1 spell 1 deity 1 plane
Suppliments (5) 1 setting 1 rules variant 2 house rules 1 tool

So what does that leave me with? Full Classes, Presige Classes, and Psionic Powers. Not much of a selection there. I guess the answer is definitly not a magic item. So does anyone have any suggestions based on the above list as to what I could make to avoid my usual thing?

I've not really got the ambitition to try to tackle a class unless I get a fit of insight, which hasn't happened yet. I'm actually working on a psionic power right now, but it's just a psionic version of the one spell mentioned above. That said, my latest creation involved psionics, so while not my usual thing, it is one of my more recent. Any suggestions?

knightsaline
2007-03-08, 06:10 PM
levi, since you have done less supplimental rules and features, why not do those? what books do you have access to? if you have access to any of the Complete series, why not do variants of the classes.

What about gods? i have an idea that i'm working on based on the belief of what you do comes back to you. (i do lots of gods, so I can't do them next month)

Fax Celestis
2007-03-08, 07:13 PM
I'll probably do Stuff, considering I usually do base classes/PrCs, occasionally feats or spells.

belboz
2007-03-08, 07:19 PM
Hmm. I've never done a base class, or a significant new item (my current monster comp entry has an item as part of it, but it's pretty simple and peripheral to the monster). Never made a new skill or maneuver, either.

Never really statted out a God, although I did create (fluff + dr + portfolios) a few for CUTE.

Maybe I'll give one of those a try.

Icewalker
2007-03-08, 09:35 PM
Well, all I have done so far is 2 PrCs, and I'm working on two base classes and a new creature type, maybe I should make a few spells or items. Actually, I have a great idea for a weapon enchantment that would also be 3-6 spells (lesser/normal/greater, you know) I should finish that up.

Kevka Palazzo
2007-03-08, 10:01 PM
Hmmm....the only thing I think I've ever actually submitted was monsters. I guess I'll try a PrC that's been floating around in my head.