PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class I Wish I May, I Wish I Might. I Wish Upon the First Star I See Tonight [PEACH, WIP]

Reality Glitch
2014-09-15, 12:04 AM
I have an idea for a base class that I think is great, but requires TONS of custom options to use properly. I've based it on the wishing spells from Magic: the Gathering. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&name=+%5bwish%5d|%5bburning%5d|%5bdeath%5d|%5bcunn ing%5d|%5bliving%5d|%5bglittering%5d|%5bgolden%5d) things that let you do almost anything, even if it isn't what you planned for. I currently have it for 3.5, 4th, and 5th editions. So I've decided that I'd provided the class and several of the more basic feats and crowdsource most of the rest. (Though, I'll still be updating it when I can.)Wishmaster

Adventures: As a Wishmaster, you adventure to prove yourself, to show that you are no longer incapable or incompetent. You adventure to stretch your imagination and experiment with the full extent of the powers you always wished you had.

Characteristics: Wishmasters can do anything the wish. Their powers are finite at best, but as their ambition (and level) increases, they can break fundamental laws with greater and greater ease.

Alignment: The warping, bending, and outright breaking of the fabric of existence to one’s own will in general tends towards more chaotic or blue alignments, though Wishmasters claim no one alignment or combination of alignments among their ranks. (If they even have ranks.)

Religion: Wishmasters are don't have any religious tenancies (or lack there of) just for being wishmasters.

Background: Wishmasters usually have little to no other talent besides wishing.

Races: Any race can become wishmasters, but usually those with little already going for them, like humans.

Other Classes: Being a Wishmaster leaves no particular impact on who one is and their attitude towards others is dependent on the individual themselves.

Role: Wishmasters are extreme jacks-and-janes-of-all-trades. They can fill any role they please, but aren't going to be able to keep up with those who dedicate themselves to whatever a Wishmaster wishes for at any given moment.

Adaptation: A Wishmaster's powers are ambiguous and nebulously defined. It can come from anywhere or anything, from within or from without. The default is that it is undeterminable, a specific school of magic, or through sheer nonmagical force of will.GAME RULE INFORMATION
Wishmaster's have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Wishmasters don't use ability scores, because theirs aren't very good to begin with. Instead, they have a wishing score and a wishing modifier as described below.
Alignment: Any.
Hit Die: d4
Starting Age: Any within reason. A lot will strike out on their own before adulthood.
Starting Gold: 0GP. As they can wish for whatever they need or want, they have no need to bring money with them. They could also just wish for money when the situation arises, but that is generally frowned upon.

Class Skills
The Wishmaster's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are: None to begin with, but any my be gained through wishing. Characters are drawn towards this class because they are so poorly skilled.

Skill Points at First Level: (2 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier

WISHMASTER 3.5

Level
Base AttackBonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Wishes

1st

+0.5

+0.33...

+0.33...

+0.33...

2nd

+1

+0.66...

+0.66...

+0.66...

3rd

+1.5

+1

+1

+1

4th

+2

+1.33...

+1.33...

+1.33...

5th

+2.5

+1.66...

+1.66...

+1.66...

6th

+3

+2

+2

+2

7th

+3.5

+2.33...

+2.33...

+2.33...

8th

+4

+2.66...

+2.66...

+2.66...

9th

+4.5

+3

+3

+3

10th

+5

+3.33...

+3.33...

+3.33...

11th

+5.5

+3.66...

+3.66...

+3.66...

12th

+6/+1

+4

+4

+4

13th

+6.5/+1.5

+4.33...

+4.33...

+4.33...

14th

+7/+2

+4.66...

+4.66...

+4.66...

15th

+7.5/+2.5

+5

+5

+5

16th

+8/+3

+5.33...

+5.33...

+5.33...

17th

+8.5/+3.5

+5.66...

+5.66...

+5.66...

18th

+9/+4

+6

+6

+6

19th

+9.5/+4.5

+6.33...

+6.33...

+6.33...

20th

+10/+5

+6.66...

+6.66...

+6.66...

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Wishmakers.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: As they were before taking this class, a Wishmaster isn't proficient in any weapons or armor, though they do not suffer penalties for anything granted through their wishes.

Wishes: Wishmasters gain wishes that provide them with the Massive Flexibility that comes with being artificially omnicapable. Each level you must wait until the first star appears in the night sky and gaze upon it while thinking in your head about the wishes you wish to gain. If you meet the prerequisites, and you tell no one what your wishes are until after your next 8-hour rest, you add them to your list of wishes when you wake up the next mourning. If you go into a trace or an equivalent instead of sleeping, or have shorter or longer periods of rest, that counts as your "8-hour" rest for this purpose and coming out of the trace is "waking up". If you do not sleep because you do not need to, then you must "space out" for an 8-hour duration; during this time you must do nothing but imagine yourself using what you've just wished for in order for it to count as an 8-hour "rest".

There are two main type of wishes: ability wishes and permanent wishes.

Ability wishes will require you to wish for whatever it provides. To make a wish, you must take a full-round action. You must be concentrating during the entire turn in which you make a wish and must continue to hold concentration until your next turn, though no roll is required unless you are hit by an attack, you become distracted, or your attention it pulled away in some other fashion. (such as you fall unconscious or under mental control) As this is a purely mental action you may still do so if you are already disabled, helpless, or otherwise physically restrained.

Permanent wishes provide a benefit for the rest of your career. You have the ability as a static, such as class skills, feats, and the class features of other classes.

You may not gain more than one wish of each subtype at any wishmaster level, nor if you gained a wish of that subtype at the previous wishmaster level. Do not count the Starting or Multiple subtypes for this purpose. You also can't gain the same wish twice at the same level. You may not gain any wish more than once at all unless it has the multiple subtype.

Instead of ability scores and ability modifiers, wishmasters have a wishing score (WS) equal to 10 + twice your levels in wishmaster and a wishing modifier (WM) equal to your levels in wishmaster.

Feats

Wishmastery
Prerequisite: Wishmaster, One or more racial hit dice not overwritten by class levels.
Benefit: One of your racial hit dice is now a level in wishmaster. Do not recalculate Hit dice or anything tied to hit dice except those exclusive to levels in wishmaster. (e.g. levels in wishmaster, WS, WM, number of wishes, effects of those wishes.)
Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, each time another racial hit die counts as a level in wishmaster, except for recalculating values other than wishes and wishmaster class features.Note: This does NOT take into account any material from Dungeons & Dragon Essentials.

CLASS TRAITS
Role: None. Though you can partially fill any role.
Power Source: All. You are not content to settle for just one or two ways of doing something, must have it all.
Key Abilities: You don't rely on ability scores.
Armor Proficiencies: None
Weapon Proficiencies: None

Hit Points at 1st Level: 8 + Constitution score
Hit Points per Level Gained: 4
Healing Surges per Day: 6 + Constitution modifier

Trained Skill: You are not trained in any skills at 1st level.

Class Features: Wishes, Wishing score & modifier

Wishmaster Class Features
Wishmasters have the following class feature.

Wishes
The wishmaster class doesn't have its own power list. Instead, whenever you would gain a power from this class, you gain a Wish of the same type (At-Will Attack, Encounter Attack, Daily Attack, or Utility) and level. Wishes are must be spent as soon as they are gained, and may be spent for a proficiency with a type of armor or weapon, training in a skill, any feat you qualify for other than a multiclass feat as a bonus feat, or a class feature other than Psionic Augmentation from any other class, or power of the same type and equal or lower level from any other class.
Your first level encounter attack wish may instead be spent for the Psionic Augmentation class feature and two power points. Each encounter attack Wish higher than level 1 may instead be spent for an augmentable at-will attack power of equal or lower level.
You may not gain powers or features from a class for which you've gain a power or feature from this level or the previous level you gain powers and/or features.

Wishing score & modifier
Instead of any ability score or ability modifier listed in any proficiency, skill, feat, feature, or power you've gained with this class, you instead use a wishing score equal to 10 + twice you level and a wishing modifier equal to your level respectively.
This only applies to when one of your own ability scores or modifiers are called upon.WISHMASTER 5th

Level
Proficiency
Bonus
Wishes

1st

+2

2nd

+2

3rd

+2

4th

+2

5th

+3

6th

+3

7th

+3

8th

+3

9th

+4

10th

+4

11th

+4

12th

+4

13th

+5

14th

+5

15th

+5

16th

+5

17th

+6

18th

+6

19th

+6

20th

+6

Class Features
As a wishmaster you have the following class features.

Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d4
Hit Points at 1st Level: 4 + Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d4 (or 3) + Consitution modifier per level of wishmaster.

Proficiencies
Armor: None
Weapons: None

Tools: None

Saving Throws: None
Skills: None

Equipment
You start only with the equipment from your background.

Wishing
Wishmasters gain wishes that provide them with the Massive Flexibility that comes with being artificially omnicapable. Each level you must wait until the first star appears in the night sky and gaze upon it while thinking in your head about the wishes you wish to gain. If you meet the prerequisites, and you tell no one what your wishes are until after your next 8-hour rest, you add them to your list of wishes when you wake up the next mourning. If you go into a trace or an equivalent instead of sleeping, or have shorter or longer periods of rest, that counts as your "8-hour" rest for this purpose and coming out of the trace is "waking up". If you do not sleep because you do not need to, then you must "space out" for an 8-hour duration; during this time you must do nothing but imagine yourself using what you've just wished for in order for it to count as an 8-hour "rest".

Some wishes will require you to wish for whatever it provides. To make a wish, you must take a full-round action. You must be concentrating during the entire turn in which you make a wish and must continue to hold concentration until your next turn, though no roll is required unless you are hit by an attack, you become distracted, or your attention it pulled away in some other fashion. (such as you fall unconscious or under mental control) As this is a purely mental action you may still do so if you are already disabled, helpless, or otherwise physically restrained.

Some wishes provide a benefit for the rest of your career. You have the ability as a static, such as class skills, feats, and the class features of other classes.

Wish Types and Limits on Choosing Wishes
You may not gain more than one wish of each type at any wishmaster level, nor if you gained a wish of that type at the previous wishmaster level. You also can't gain the same wish twice at the same level. You may not gain any wish more than once at all unless it has a subsequent Benefits section.

Wishing Ability
Instead of using ability scores and ability modifiers, wishmasters have a wishing score (WS) equal to 10 + twice your levels in wishmaster and a wishing modifier (WM) equal to your levels in wishmaster.

AuraTwilight
2014-09-15, 04:15 AM
Instead of making every level give bonus feats, why not just make the feats into class features? Otherwise the class is pretty worthless outside of dipping for a lot of the same reasons as the Fighter.

Reality Glitch
2014-09-15, 08:27 AM
I wrote them as feats because that's basically what wishes are. If I made them in to class features they'd be a lot less flexible.

​Wishes

Wish
Granted
Progression
Track

Burning Wish

0-level spell,
Invoker ability, Shadow Fundamental,
or Bomb Class feature
Casters, Invokers,
Shadowcasters,
Alchemists

Wishing Magic

1st-9th level spells
Casters

Wish Invoker

Invocations
Invokers

I Wish for Mystery

Mysteries
Shadowcasters

Psychic Wish

Power Points
Manifesters

I Wish for Power

Psionic Powers
Manifesters

Azure Wish

Essentia
Meldshapers

Sublime Wish
Martial Maneuvers
Initiators

I Wish for a Feat
Bonus Feats
--

I Wish for Skill
Additional Class Skill using WS/WM
--

Wish Binding
Vestige Pacts
Pact Binders

Glittering Wish
Items
--

Wishnaming
Absolute Limit
Truenamers

I Wish to be Vocal
Truenames
Truenamers

Artificial Wish
Artificer's Knowledge
Artificers

Golden Wish
Craft/component reserve
Artificers

I Wish for Infusions
Artificer infusions
Artificers

Living Wish
Evolutionist Mutations
Mutators

Wishful Excellence
Excellencies
Legends

The Wished for Mythos
Mythos
Legends

Wishing Motes
Mote Pool
Magical Girls,
Time Benders

Radiant Wish
Radiant Illumination
Magical Girls

Weird Wish
Weirding Point Pool
Disciples of the
Weirding Way

Cunning Wish
"The Voice" powers
Disciples of the
Weirding Way

I Wish for Relocation
Sudden Relocation class feature
Disciples of the
Weirding Way

Temporal Wish
Motes of Time class feature
Time Bender

Wishrending
Rends
Renders

Combat Wish
ONE good save OR a good B.A.B.
--

Death Wish
Wishes (at the cost of H.P.)
Wishmasters

Alchemical Wish
Bonus to Craft (Alchemy) checks,
Craft (Alchemy) as Detect Magic for potions only
Alchemists

Extract Wishes
Alchemical Extracts
Alchemists

I Wish for Mutagens
Mutagens
Alchemists

Wishful Aura
Aura Projection
Aura users

Grammatical Wish
Points of Training
Gramarists

Wishing Machine
Principle of Gramarie
Gramarists

Sacrificial Wish
Sacrificial Hit Dice
Ritual-Wielder

Wishing Ritual
1st-7th level rituals
Ritual-Wielder

Burning Wish
You can now wish for spells, invocations, and fundamentals.
Type: Permanent (Starting, Multiple, Arcane, Divine, Draconic, Shadow, Cosmic, DOOM!, Alchemy)
Prerequisites: None.
Benefit: Each time you gain this wish, you gain a 0th level spell as a spell-like ability or fundamental of shadow usable a number of times per day equal to your WM as if you had a caster/shadowcaster level equal to your levels in wishmaster or an Invoker feature (e.g.: Eldritch Blast, Dragon Breath/Assume Draconic Form (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17531604&postcount=23), Cosmic Strike (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?380549-The-Cosmic-Knight-(3-5-Base-Class)-PEACH), Bloodtide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?368686-Invoker-Anyone-know-how-to-get-blood-stains-out-of-carpet-The-h%E6maturge), Path of the Apocalypse/Malisons (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?368342-Doomsayer-(3-5-Base-Class)), etc.) or the Bomb class feature at 1d6 damage. If you pick a level 0 spell or fundamental of shadow you already have because of this wish, it becomes usable at-will. If you pick a class feature other than assume draconic form that you already have because of this wish, its damage increases by 1d6. You use your WS or WM instead of any specific ability score or ability modifier listed in that spell, fundamental, or class feature. It is already considered prepared for this purpose and you may cast it regardless of your ability scores. You also ignore all spell components except XP, which is doubled.

Wishing Magic
Type: Ability (Multiple, Arcane, Divine)
Prerequisites: Wishing Magic choosing a 0th level spell as a spell-like ability.
Benefit: The first time you gain this wish, you can wish for 1st level spells a number of times per day equal to your WM. Each additional time you take this wish, you increase the maximum spell level of spells you can wish for by one. Once you've wished for a spell, you may cast once as if you had a caster level equal to your levels in wishmaster. You use your WS or WM instead of any specific ability score or ability modifier listed in that spell. It is already considered prepared for this purpose and you may cast it regardless of your ability scores. You also ignore all spell components except XP, which is doubled. If are using this Strain-Tolerance spellcasting variant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17531398&postcount=4), you do not take strain from this, nor do you have a strain tolerance from your wishmaster class.

Wish Invoker
Type: Ability (Multiple, Arcane, Dragonic, Cosmic, DOOM!)
Prerequisites: Wishing Magic choosing a class that can invoke spell-like abilities.
Benefit: The first time you gain this wish, you can wish for Least Invocations a number of times per day equal to your WM. Each additional time you take this wish, you increase the maximum Invocation grade of invocations you can wish for by one. Once you've wished for an invocation, you may invoke it once as if you had an invoker level equal to your levels in wishmaster. You use your WS or WM instead of any specific ability score or ability modifier listed in that invocation.
Special: You may not gain this wish if you've gained it this wishmaster level or at any of the previous three wishmaster levels.

I Wish for Mystery
Type: Ability (Multiple, Shadow)
Prerequisites: Wishing Magic choosing a class that can shadowcast fundamentals of shadow.
Benefit: The first time you gain this wish, you can wish for 1st level mysteries a number of times per day equal to your WM. Each additional time you take this wish, you increase the maximum mystery level of spells you can wish for by one. Once you've wished for a mystery, you may shadowcast it once as if you had a shadowcaster level equal to your levels in wishmaster. You use your WS or WM instead of any specific ability score or ability modifier listed in that mystery. It is already considered prepared for this purpose and you may cast it regardless of your ability scores.

Psychic Wish
You can now wish for Power Points and Psionic Powers.
Type: Ability (Starting, Psionic)
Prerequisites: None
Benefit: A number of times per day equal to your WM, you can wish for a number of power points equal to your WM.

I Wish for Power
Type: Ability (Multiple, Psionic)
Prerequisites: Psychic Wish.
Benefit: The first time you gain this wish, choose a psionic discipline (including generic), and you may wish for a 1st-level psionic power for one of your chosen disciplines a number of times per day equal to your WM and can manifest it once as if you had a manifester level equal to your levels in wishmaster except you do not have to spend power points to manifest it, but must still spend power points to augment it. Each additional time you gain this wish, you choose either to increase the maximum power level of powers you can wish for by one or another class that can manifest psionic powers. You may manifest it regardless of your ability scores.

Azure Wish
You can now wish for Soulmelds, Essentia, and Chakra Binds.
Type: Permanent (Starting, Incarnum)
Benefit: If you don't already have an essentia pool, you gain a pool of essentia equal to your WM, otherwise, add that much essetia to your pool. The amount of essentia gained from this wish changes as your WM does. You also use your WS and WM instead of constitution for essentia capacity and prerequisites for incarnum options.

Sublime Wish
You can now wish for martial maneuvers.
Type: Ability (Multiple, Martial/Sublime)
Prerequisites: I Wish for Feats chooseing a proficiency feat that gives proficiency with the associated items, I Wish for Skill choosing the Associated skill as a Class skill.
Benefit: The first time you gain this wish choose a martial discipline. You may now wish for a 1st-level martial maneuver you qualify for from that discipline a number of times per day equal to your WM and can initiate it once as if you had an initiator level equal to your levels in wishmaster. Each additional time you gain this wish, you choose either another discipline or to increase the maximum maneuver level of maneuvers you can wish for by one. It is already considered prepared and readied for this purpose and you may initiate it regardless of your ability scores.

I Wish for a Feat
Type: Permanent (Multiple)
Benefit: Each time you gain this wish, choose a feat you quialify for. You now have that feat as a bonus feat.

I Wish for Skill
Benefit: Each time you gain this wish, choose a skill to be added to your wishmaster's class skill list or a skill trick for a skill on your wishmaster class skill list. If you chose a skill trick you have it can now use it as normal. Skills on you wishmaster class skill list use your WM as its key ability modifier.

Wish Binding
Type: Ability (Starting, Multiple, Pact)
Benefit: You may now wish for 1st-level Pact vestiges a number of times per day equal to your WM. Wishing for the pact replaces any of the ritual normally needed to bind the vestige. It provides all of the normal benefits and drawbacks of the pact, including having only one vestiges bound at a time unless something lets you do otherwise. Each additional time you gain this wish, you choose either to increase the maximum level of vestiges you can wish for by one or another class that can pact-bind vestiges. You may bind regardless of your ability scores.
Special: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?378246-WIP-Serving-the-Vodun-a-new-subsystem

Glittering Wish
Created by Demidos
Type: Ability (Multiple, Item)
Benefit: The first time you gain this wish, you can now wish for material goods. This spontaneously creates your WS x 4 G.P. worth of nonmagical items per day which last for 24 hours before disappearing in a glittering shower of sparks. You can't wish for more than a number of items equal to your WM. Each additional time you gain this wish, you increase the maximum G.P. by your WS.

Wishnaming
Type: Permanent (Truespeak)
Prerequisite: I Wish for Skill choosing Truespeak as a Class skill.
Benefit: Your Wishmaster class now has an Absolute Limit equal to your WM as a class feature.
Special: This wish assumes you are using this truenaming fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?90961), because this and that are both homebrew anyway so why not reference more Homebrew? And supposedly official truenaming isn't good for jack squat. I wouldn't know, I've never played it. Also, you may not gain this wish until after you have all the prerequisites; you may not acquire both at the same level.

I Wish to be Vocal
Type: Ability (Multiple, Truespeak)
Prerequisites: Truewishing, Truespeak 5 ranks.
Benefit: Each time you gain this wish, choose Utterance, Incantation, or Recitation. You may now wish for a 1st-level Truespeak vocalizations of that type a number of times per day equal to your WM. Once wished for, you can vocalize it once as if you had a truenamer level a number of levels of truenamer each equal to your levels in Wishmaster.
Special: This wish assumes you are using this truenaming fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?90961). Also, you may not gain this wish until after you have all the prerequisites; you may not acquire both at the same level. Nor may you choose to increase the vocalization level of vocalizations you can wish for if you've chosen to do so this wish this wishmaster level or at any of the previous two wishmaster levels.

Artificial Wish
Type: Ability (Starting, Item)
Benefit: You may now wish for a special artificer knowledge check a number of times equal to your WM. The check has a bonus of your levels in wishmaster + your WM.
Special: You may only make an artificer knowledge check once for each time you've wished for it that day.

Golden Wish
Type: Permanent (Multiple, Item)
Prerequisites: I wish for Skill once choosing Use magic devise or Use Psionic Devise and once choosing any one Craft (Alchemy) skill as class skills
Benefit: You gain have a craft reserve equal to your WM x10gp. This functions exactly as the artificer feature except you may also spent it on XP components for spells.

Wish for Infusion
Type: Ability (Multiple, Item)
Prerequisites: Artificial Wish, Golden Wish
Benefit: If UMD is a Wishmaster class skill for you, you may wish for 1st-level infusions a number of times per day equal to your WM. If UPD is a Wishmaster class skill for you, you may wish for 1st-level psionic infusions a number of times per day equal to your WM. You can use it once as if you had a number of levels in an infusion imbuing class equal to your levels in wishmaster. Each additional time you gain this wish, increase the maximum level of infusions and/or psionic infusions you can wish for by one. You may imbue the infusions/Psionic incfusions you wish for regardless of your ability scores.

Living Wish
Type: Permanent (Starting, Multiple)
Benefit: Each time you gain this wish, Choose a mutation from the Evolutionist's List for which you qualify. You now have that mutation except you use your WS and/or WM instead of any ability score and/or ability modifier the mutation calls upon. Your mutator level is equal to your levels in wishmaster.
Special: This wish uses material from the Evolutionist Class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?240717-The-better-man-There-is-no-such-thing-base-class). Though you must meet all other prerequisites, you do not need to be of the corresponding type or have the associated feat to take specialty mutation (e.g. Ancient, Construct, Elemental, Outsider, Plant, Undead, etc.)

Wishful Excellence
Type: Permanent (Starting, Multiple, Mythic)
Benefit: Each time you gain this wish, choose an excellency. You now know that excellency.
Special: This wish uses material from the Mythos Compendium (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?335295-Mythos-Compendium).

The Wished for Mythos
Type: Permanent (Multiple, Mythic)
Prerequisites: Wishful Excellence
Benefit: You now known an Exceptional mythos. You use your WS or WM instead of any specific ability score or ability modifier listed in that class or mythos. Each additional time you gain this wish you choose to either learn another mythos of any tier you have access to or of one tier higher if you have at least three of the previous tier. (Example: you may not gain a legendary mythos until you have at least three fantastic mythos.)
Special: This wish uses material from the Mythos Compendium (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?335295-Mythos-Compendium). Also, you may not choose a mythos tier of mythos you can wish for if you've chosen to do so this wish this wishmaster level or at any of the previous six wishmaster levels.

Wishing Motes
Type: Permanent (Starting, Radiant, Time)
Benefit: If you don't already have a mote pool, you gain a pool of motes equal to your WM, otherwise, add that many motes to your pool. The number of Motes gained from this wish changes as your WM does.
Special: This wish uses material from Tome of Radiance (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?258654-Tome-of-Radiance-Mastering-the-Power-of-Love-and-Justice) and this 3.5 Overhaul (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?352036).

Radiant Wish
Type: Ability (Radiant)
Prerequisites: Wishing Motes
Benefit: You may now wish for a radiant illuminations a number of times per day equal to your wishing modifier. You craft the Illumination as you wish for it and once crafted may be evoked once as if you had an evoker level equal to your levels in wishmaster. Your evoker attribute for that illumination is your WS.
Special: This wish uses material Tome of Radiance (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?258654-Tome-of-Radiance-Mastering-the-Power-of-Love-and-Justice).

Cunning Wish
Type: Permanent (Starting, Psionic)
Benefit: If you don't already have a weirding pool, you gain a pool of weirding points equal to your WM, otherwise, add that many weirding points to your pool. The number of weirdinng pionts gained from this wish changes as your WM does.
Special: This wish uses material from this 3.5 Overhaul (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?352036).

Weird Wish
Type: Ability (Multiple, Psionic)
Prerequisites: Cunning Wish
Benefit: You can now wish for the "The Voice" powers described in the Disciple of the Weirding Ways (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17531612&postcount=24) (DWW) class a number of times per day equal to your WM. The first time you gain this wish you may only wish for Command. Each subsequent time you gain this wish, you may wish for the next listed "The Voice" power on the DWW table.

I Wish for Relocation
Type: Ability (Psionic)
Prerequisites: Cunning Wish, Weird Wish, 4 levels in wish master
Benefit: You may now wish for the DWW's Sudden Relocation class feature a number if time per day equal to your WM. It doesn't cost Weirding points to use, but you lose the class feature after you use it or after your next "8-hour rest". You may not have more than one instance of this class feature at any given time.
Special: This wish uses material from this 3.5 Overhaul (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?352036). Also, you may not gain this wish until after you have all the prerequisites; you may not acquire both at the same level.

Temporal Wish
Type: Permanent (Multiple, Time)
Prerequisites: Wishing Motes
Benefit: You may spend motes as described in the Time Bender (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17531617&postcount=25) class at first level. Each subsequent time you take this wish you may spend motes as described in the next instant of the Mote of Time Class feature on listed on the table.
Special: You may not gain this wish if you've gained it this wishmaster level or at any of the previous two wishmaster levels.

Wishrending
Type: Ability (Multiple, Rend)
Prerequisites: I Wish for a Feat choosing a feat that grants proficiency with at least one slashing weapon or Glittering Wish and have used it to produce a slashing weapon at least once before.
Benefit: A number of times per day equal to your WM, you can now wish for a first level Rend. Once you've wished for a rend, you may use it once as if you had a rending level equal to your levels in wishmaster. Save D.C.'s for the rends you wish for are 10 + half your levels in wishmaster + your WM. You use your WS or WM instead of any specific ability score or ability modifier listed in that Rend. Each additional time you gain this wish, you increase the maximum Rend level of rends you can wish for by one.
Special: Also, you may not gain this wish until after you have all the prerequisites; you may not acquire both at the same level. Using rends follows all the rules listed in the RENDS section of the Worldrender (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?175397-The-Worldrender-3-5-Base-Class) class.

Combat Wish
Type: Permanent (Attack, Defense)
Benefit: Choose a saving throw OR your base attack bonus. That now progesses as good instead of poor.

Death Wish
Type: Ability (Wish)
Benefit: A number of times per day equal to your WM, you may wish for any wish from the wishmaster's list of wishes. Doing so causes you to lose half your current hit points rounded up. (This is not damage, but is healed as normal.) You now have that wish until your next turn.

Alchemical Wish
Type: Permanent (Alchemy)
Prerequisites: Burning Wish Choosing the Bomb class feature, I wish for Skill choosing Craft (Alchemy)
Benefit: When using Craft (alchemy) to create an alchemical item, you gain a competence bonus equal to your levels in wishmaster on the Craft (alchemy) check. In addition, you can use Craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using Detect Magic. You must hold the potion for 1 round to make such a check.

Extract Wishes
Type: Ability (Multiple, Alchemy)
Prerequisites: Alchemical Wish
Benefit: The first time you gain this wish, you can wish for 1st level Extracts a number of times per day equal to your WM. Each additional time you take this wish, you increase the maximum Extract level of extracts you can wish for by one. Once you've wished for an extract, you may Drink it as if you had a caster level equal to your levels in wishmaster. You use your WS or WM instead of any specific ability score or ability modifier listed in that extract. It is already considered mixed for this purpose and you may drink it regardless of your ability scores.
Special: You may not gain this wish if you've gained it this wishmaster level or at any of the previous two wishmaster levels.

I Wish for Mutegens
Type: Ability (Alchemy)
Prerequisites: Alchemical Wish
Benefit: A number of times per day equal to WM, you may wish for one of the following mutagens which lasts for 10 minutes. You may not wish for another mutagen if you are already subject to one.

+2 Strength, -2 Intelligence
+2 Deterity, -2 Wisdom
+2 Constitution, -2 Charisma

Wishful Aura
Type: Permanent (Starting, Multiple, Martial/Sublime, Draconic, Undeath)
Benefit: The first time you gain the wish, you gain an an aura projection class feature (Martial Aura, Draconic Aura, Profane Aura (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?381608-Death-Knight-Base-Class-(3-5e)), etc.) at strength +1 and an aura a class with that feature has. Each time you you gain this wish, you choose either another feature, another aura, or to increase your aura strength by another +1.
Special: You may not choose to increase your aura strength if you've chosen to do so this wish this wishmaster level or at any of the previous three wishmaster levels.

Grammatical Wish
Type: Permanent (Starting, Gramarie)
Benefit: You now have a number of points of training equal to your WM x3 x your levels in wishmaster. Each time you gain a level in wishmaster, you gain your WM x3 more points of training.

Wishing Machine
Type: Permanent (Multiple, Gramarie)
Prerequisites: Grammatical Wish, I wish for skill choosing the key skill for the discipline you choose a principle from as a class skill.
Benefit: Each time you gain this wish you learn any one principle of gramarie (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?320298-My-Little-Gramarist-SCIENCE!-is-Magic-Gramarie-Discussion) you qualify for, spending points of training as appropriate. You may learn a principle from a course with the [Thesis] tag only if you already now each principle from another course from the same discipline. You may learn a principle with any other tag (such as [Millitary]) only if you now each principle from a course with the [Thesis] tag from the same discipline. You use your WS or WM instead of any specific ability score or ability modifier listed in that principle and in any gramarie checks you make.

Teratomorphic Wish
Prerequisites: Living Wish
Benefit: Each time you gain this wish, you gain the evolutionist's Teratomorphism class feature.
Special: You may not gain this wish until after you have all the prerequisites; you may not acquire both at the same level. This wish uses material from the Evolutionist Class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?240717-The-better-man-There-is-no-such-thing-base-class). You may not gain this wish if you gained this wishmaster level or any of the previous two wishmaster levels.

Ascendant Wish
Prerequisites: Teratomorphic Wish, 15 levels in wishmaster.
Benefit: The first time you gain this wish, you gain the evolutionist's Mutant Ascendancy class feature except you have access to any option, not just the ones you qualify for. Each additional time you gain this wish, you choose another option from which to gain its benefits.
Special: You may not gain this wish until after you have all the prerequisites; you may not acquire both at the same level. This wish uses material from the Evolutionist Class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?240717-The-better-man-There-is-no-such-thing-base-class). You may not gain this wish if you gained this wishmaster level or any of the previous five wishmaster levels.

Sacrificial Wish
Type: Ability (Starting, Ritual)
Benefit: A number of times per day equal to your WM you may wish for a number of sacrificial hit dice equal to your hit die total. These may be spent for 1 temporary hit point each.
Special: This wish uses material from Tome of Ritual Magic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?369884-Tome-of-Ritual-Magic-Alternate-Magic-System).

Wishing Ritual
Type: Ability (Multiple, Ritual)
Prerequisites: Sacrificial Wish.
Benefit: The first time you gain this wish, you can wish for 1st level rituals a number of times per day equal to your WM. Each additional time you gain this wish, you increase the maximum ritual level of rituals you can wish for by one. Once you've wished for a ritual, you may perform it once as if you had a ritual-wielder level equal to your levels in wishmaster. You use your WS or WM instead of any specific ability score or ability modifier listed in that ritual.
Special: You may not gain this wish until after you have all the prerequisites; you may not acquire both at the same level. This wish uses material from Tome of Ritual Magic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?369884-Tome-of-Ritual-Magic-Alternate-Magic-System). You may not gain this wish if you gained this wishmaster level or any of the previous two wishmaster levels.

Wishfinder
Type: Permanent (Dungeon Pathfinding)
Prerequisites:
Benefits: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?379797-Base-Class-Contest-XXV-Dungeon-Plunge-In

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?377361-The-Warlord-quot-You-And-What-Army-quot-(WIP-PEACH)

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?377867-The-Adversary-(Base-Class-and-possible-BBEG)-(WIP)

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?376090-Harness-the-power-of-the-gods!-The-Zealot-(a-wannabe-Cleric-replacer)

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?364869-Ars-Daemonica-Reloaded-The-3-5-fiendish-homebrew-compendium

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?367155-Base-Class-Contest-XXIV-Will-Breed-for-Class

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?170912-I-have-made-tin-into-gold!-3-5-Base-Class-PEACH-WiPWishing Magic
Type: Arcane, Divine
Initial Benefit: A number of times per day equal to your WM, you can now wish for a cantrips (0th-level spells). Once you've wished for a spell, you may cast it once as if you had a caster level equal to your levels in wishmaster. Your WS and WM your spellcasting ability for spells you wish for. It is already considered prepared for this purpose and you may cast it regardless of your ability scores.
Subsequent Benefits: The second time you gain this wish, you may also wish for 1st-level spells. Each additional time you gain this wish thereafter increases the maximum spell level of spells you may wish for by 1.

Fighting Wish
Type: Martial
Initial Benefit: Choose a fighting style. You now have that fighting style.
Subsequent Benefits: Choose a fighting style you haven't already chosen. You now have that fighting style as well.

Sneaking Wish
Type: Martial
Initial Benefit: You gain the Sneak Attack Class feature. Your sneak attack deals 1d6 damage.
Subsequent Benefits: You increase you sneak attack damage by another 1d6.

Radiant Wish
Type: Ki
Initial Benefit: You now have the Open Chakra class feature, can have 1 common chakra open at any given time, one chakra ability for each of your open chakras and 5 Ki.
Subsequent Benefits: Choose either to have an additional chakra open at any given time, or +2 Ki.
Special: This wish uses this fifth edition conversion of Incarnum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?362379-Radiance-of-Chakra-(5e-MoI)).

I Wish for a Feat
Type: Feat
Initial Benefit: Choose a feat you qualify for. You now have that feat as a bonus feat.
Subsequent Benefit: Choose a feat you qualify for. You now have that feat as a bonus feat.

I Wish for Skill
Type: Skill
Initial Benefit: Choose a skill to be added to your wishmaster's class skill list or a skill trick for a skill on your wishmaster class skill list. If you chose a skill trick you have it can now use it as normal. Skills on you wishmaster class skill list use your WM as its key ability modifier.
Subsequent Benefit: Choose a skill to be added to your wishmaster's class skill list or a skill trick for a skill on your wishmaster class skill list. If you chose a skill trick you have it can now use it as normal. Skills on you wishmaster class skill list use your WM as its key ability modifier.

Saving Wish
Type: Save
Benefit: Choose an ability score. You now add your proficiency bonus to that ability score's saving throws.To Do
Wishes based on classes found in the Base Class Contest
Suggestion?

<This is not an exhuastive list, I will add more as I come up with them. I would also like to see other's ideas for wishes as well.>

xyianth
2014-09-15, 09:44 AM
I think this is tagged incorrectly. This appears to be a 3.X homebrew, yet it shows as a 5e/Next homebrew. The two editions differ drastically, though it would be interesting to see this converted.

Gnomes2169
2014-09-15, 01:38 PM
I think this is tagged incorrectly. This appears to be a 3.X homebrew, yet it shows as a 5e/Next homebrew. The two editions differ drastically, though it would be interesting to see this converted.

This, you will definitely want to fix that tag. :P

AuraTwilight
2014-09-15, 01:43 PM
I wrote them as feats because that's basically what wishes are. If I made them in to class features they'd be a lot less flexible.

Why not make them things you can select along class progression, like a Warlock's invocations or something?

Reality Glitch
2014-09-15, 02:17 PM
Switched the wishes to class features, and the tag to 3.5, though I'm thinking of making a 5th edition adaptation once I finish this. Although, feedback on the class itself and suggestion for wishes would be nice as well.

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-15, 03:26 PM
I like the character concept. Some quibbles:

Make their hit die a d6. They need at least some survivability, since they get screw-all else.

Applying average ability score is weird, because either you're using fractions or you're rounding off. I would suggest using the higher of the two medians instead. The fact that sometimes a high average is good and sometimes a high average is bad is really, really confusing. I'd give them a key ability score, but that's my opinion and this is your homebrew.

Class skills: They need class skills. They're a caster, it's unfair to not give them Concentration. They're also supposed to come from all walks of life, so adding Profession and Craft would make sense (and pretty much all other classes at least have profession). There's a certain point at which novelty of concept must be sacrificed in favor of making something actually playable.

Prevent wishmasters from choosing the same category of wish two levels in a row, to A) encourage versatility and B) prevent them from only learning one category of wish and trying to beat out the base classes that use whichever mechanic they choose to advance.

Wishing Magic:
1. Is there a limit on uses per day? At-will Disintegrate is kinda frickin' powerful, even if it is a full-round action.
2. You might want to include that the minimum ability score requirement doesn't apply to casting spells; otherwise, you'd need a starting point buy of at least 36 (six 14s) to ever cast 4th-level spells, more for anything higher.
3. If there's a uses/day cap, you should probably reduce the invocations with 24-hour durations to one hour per use.

Wishshaper:
Once/day, you can wish for a number of essentia equal to twice your levels in wishmaster.No. Just no. This character isn't a full-Incarnum class, they should NOT be getting more essentia than any of the Incarnum class. Especially not that many more. Essentia equal to wishmaster level is still too strong (better than the totemist at levels 3-19). Suggested revision:

Wishshaper:
The first time this wish is chosen, the Wishmaster gains essentia equal to half their wishmaster level.
The second and subsequent times this wish is chosen, the Wishmaster gains any one of the following benefits:
1. The wishmaster chooses two soulmelds from any class list, and can shape one of them at a time (but not bind them). Each time after the first that the Wishmaster chooses this benefit, they add two more soulmelds to their list and can shape one additional soulmeld at a time.
2. Open the crown chakra for binding. Choosing this benefit multiple times opens one more chakra for each time it is chosen, starting with the feet chakra, and then the hands, arms, brow, shoulders, throat, waist, heart, and soul chakras in that order.
3. Increase their essentia pool to three-fourths their wishmaster level. This benefit can only be gained once.

Sublime Wish is almost wholly worthless except for the Moment of Perfect Mind chain (which is still sorta bad since they don't have Concentration as a class skill). Why? Because they have low HP and poor BAB. Give them average BAB, and a d6 hit die, and then maybe it'd be worth taking next to spellcasting and Incarnum. Regardless, suggested revision:

Sublime Wish:
The first time this wish is chosen, the wishmaster chooses a martial discipline. They gain one maneuver known from that discipline's list of first-level maneuvers. The wishmaster recovers maneuvers as a swordsage. The second and subsequent times they choose this wish, they gain one of the following benefits:
1. A new maneuver known from the chosen discipline of one level higher than the highest-level maneuver they currently know; they cannot choose a maneuver of a level that a swordsage of their class level would not be able to learn (e.g. cannot learn 5th-level maneuvers until wishmaster level 9th).
2. A new stance known from their chosen discipline of a level less than that of their highest-level maneuver known in that discipline. A wishmaster can only know a number of maneuvers equal to or less than one-half the number of other maneuvers they know.
3. A new discipline from which to learn maneuvers, and a 1st-level maneuver from that discipline.

Wish for Weapon does not make sense to me. What do you mean by a weapon "with an attack bonus no greater than the attack bonus your wishmaster class gives you"? Later in the description you specify that the weapon wished for is nonmagical, and all masterwork weapons only give +1 on attack rolls. Also, since a masterwork weapon costs an extra 300 gp, no weapons can be called by this wish until level 4, at which point any weapons can be called. The class also has no weapon or armor proficiencies, so they wouldn't be able to use the weapons they summon.

Reality Glitch
2014-09-15, 08:05 PM
I like the character concept. Some quibbles:

Make their hit die a d6. They need at least some survivability, since they get screw-all else.Possibly, though adding the ability to wish for more hit points may also help alleviate that.
Applying average ability score is weird, because either you're using fractions or you're rounding off. I would suggest using the higher of the two medians instead. The fact that sometimes a high average is good and sometimes a high average is bad is really, really confusing. I'd give them a key ability score, but that's my opinion and this is your homebrew.Part of concept is the people become wish masters because their inept at anything else. I thought having relatively even ability scores would represent that quite well. I'll try to think of something.
Class skills: They need class skills. They're a caster, it's unfair to not give them Concentration. They're also supposed to come from all walks of life, so adding Profession and Craft would make sense (and pretty much all other classes at least have profession). There's a certain point at which novelty of concept must be sacrificed in favor of making something actually playable.O.K., ALL walks of life may be a misnomer. They are suppose to be those who aren't very good at much. Though I think you're right about the profession skills
Prevent wishmasters from choosing the same category of wish two levels in a row, to A) encourage versatility and B) prevent them from only learning one category of wish and trying to beat out the base classes that use whichever mechanic they choose to advance.A) O.K. B) The class is a bit underpowered for that, though discouraging builds that nerf it even more would probably be a good Idea.
Wishing Magic:
1. Is there a limit on uses per day? At-will Disintegrate is kinda frickin' powerful, even if it is a full-round action.
2. You might want to include that the minimum ability score requirement doesn't apply to casting spells; otherwise, you'd need a starting point buy of at least 36 (six 14s) to ever cast 4th-level spells, more for anything higher.
3. If there's a uses/day cap, you should probably reduce the invocations with 24-hour durations to one hour per use.1. I forgot to say day the # of times/day equal to choosen class.
2. Yeah, good Idea.
3. O.K.? I should probably reread those.
Wishshaper:No. Just no. This character isn't a full-Incarnum class, they should NOT be getting more essentia than any of the Incarnum class. Especially not that many more. Essentia equal to wishmaster level is still too strong (better than the totemist at levels 3-19). Suggested revision:

Wishshaper:
The first time this wish is chosen, the Wishmaster gains essentia equal to half their wishmaster level.
The second and subsequent times this wish is chosen, the Wishmaster gains any one of the following benefits:
1. The wishmaster chooses two soulmelds from any class list, and can shape one of them at a time (but not bind them). Each time after the first that the Wishmaster chooses this benefit, they add two more soulmelds to their list and can shape one additional soulmeld at a time.
2. Open the crown chakra for binding. Choosing this benefit multiple times opens one more chakra for each time it is chosen, starting with the feet chakra, and then the hands, arms, brow, shoulders, throat, waist, heart, and soul chakras in that order.
3. Increase their essentia pool to three-fourths their wishmaster level. This benefit can only be gained once.Oops, I didn't pay attention to that! 1/2 Wm Lv is fine.
1. Normally I'd say no because that's the equivalent of getting first level spells with Wishing magic, but since no essentia is given at first level I'll give one. And I'd rather not make essentia a permanent wish.
2. Nope, there are already feats for all of those except heart and soul. So only those and only once the others are open. (In which case I should list them as prerequisites.)
3. Ehh....
Sublime Wish is almost wholly worthless except for the Moment of Perfect Mind chain (which is still sorta bad since they don't have Concentration as a class skill). Why? Because they have low HP and poor BAB. Give them average BAB, and a d6 hit die, and then [I]maybe it'd be worth taking next to spellcasting and Incarnum. Regardless, suggested revision:Again, they're supposed to start with nothing add have to wish for everything they want, I may make permanent wishes for the class skills though.
Sublime Wish:
The first time this wish is chosen, the wishmaster chooses a martial discipline. They gain one maneuver known from that discipline's list of first-level maneuvers. The wishmaster recovers maneuvers as a swordsage. The second and subsequent times they choose this wish, they gain one of the following benefits:
1. A new maneuver known from the chosen discipline of one level higher than the highest-level maneuver they currently know; they cannot choose a maneuver of a level that a swordsage of their class level would not be able to learn (e.g. cannot learn 5th-level maneuvers until wishmaster level 9th).
2. A new stance known from their chosen discipline of a level less than that of their highest-level maneuver known in that discipline. A wishmaster can only know a number of maneuvers equal to or less than one-half the number of other maneuvers they know.
3. A new discipline from which to learn maneuvers, and a 1st-level maneuver from that discipline.Again now first level stuff at first level. My version gave the associated skill at as class skill they could wish for and the ability to wish for the associated proficiencies. Though I may just make those prerequisites for wishing for maneuvers.
Wish for Weapon does not make sense to me. What do you mean by a weapon "with an attack bonus no greater than the attack bonus your wishmaster class gives you"? Later in the description you specify that the weapon wished for is nonmagical, and all masterwork weapons only give +1 on attack rolls. Also, since a masterwork weapon costs an extra 300 gp, no weapons can be called by this wish until level 4, at which point any weapons can be called. The class also has no weapon or armor proficiencies, so they wouldn't be able to use the weapons they summon.I'll either reword or remove that one. I did specify you gain proficiency with weapons you wish for, though, I'm just going to collapse that into feats as permanent wishes so they can take proficiency feats.

That's for the feedback, this is the kind of stuff I need to 'brew properly. I'll implement my changes immediately.

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-15, 08:19 PM
First and foremost, do the wishes reset every day? Or do they just gain one ability from the list each level, and they're stuck with that from then on?

Oops, I didn't pay attention to that! 1/2 Wm Lv is fine.
1. Normally I'd say no because that's the equivalent of getting first level spells with Wishing magic, but since no essentia is given at first level I'll give one. And I'd rather not make essentia a permanent wish.
2. Nope, there are already feats for all of those except heart and soul. So only those and only once the others are open. [i](In which case I should list them as prerequisites.)
3. Ehh....Again, they're supposed to start with nothing add have to wish for everything they want, I may make permanent wishes for the class skills though.

Making essentia a permanent wish has the same effect as making them wish for essentia every day after choosing that as one of their 20 abilities, it's just simpler.

For Psychic Wish, the first wish grants pp, so I thought giving essentia but nothing to use it on would be fair. Also, aren't the magic and psionic wishes permanent? Unless they can change up which spells/invocations/mysteries/powers they wished for every day, in which case this class is stronger than I thought...

Again now first level stuff at first level. My version gave the associated skill at as class skill they could wish for and the ability to wish for the associated proficiencies. Though I may just make those prerequisites for wishing for maneuvers.

True. Maybe the first time that Sublime Wish is chosen, they gain proficiency with one discipline's weapons and that discipline's skill as a class skill, and then from there they start getting maneuvers?

That's for the feedback, this is the kind of stuff I need to 'brew properly. I'll implement my changes immediately.

Thanks! Glad I could help.

Reality Glitch
2014-09-15, 11:37 PM
I've finished editing the wishes. If anyone is wondering where they went, I collapsed them into the same spoiler as the class itself.

Demidos
2014-09-17, 11:46 PM
The spells wish, fundamentals wish, and powers wish at least all allow you to get a 9th level spell/power/etc (albeit only 1/day) at second level...
Edit: Too tired, should be sleeping...that said, you can still get 9ths at 17th level for one casting (Say arcane) and gain 9ths from other disciplines for each level past 17th (eg divine at 18th, powers at 19, etc).

Other than that, you mention them being able to create wealth by wishing, but that is not reflected in the actual wishes.

Lastly, please please please change wishing modifier to something easier to read like WM. So many repetitions of "Wish" start making my head hurt. You also define a wishing score but never really seem to use it, so it would streamline your mechanics somewhat to dump it completely.

Is there a particular reason why you ignored ability scores? It seems a fairly obvious charisma class, but if you're uncomfortable limiting it to a single mental score, a couple ACFs could add the flexibility you appear to have been looking for.

My 2 cents :smallbiggrin:

Reality Glitch
2014-09-17, 11:53 PM
The spells wish, fundamentals wish, and powers wish at least all allow you to get a 9th level spell/power/etc (albeit only 1/day) at second level...The way they wrote them (or at least meant to write them) is that Wishing magic gives the 0th-level stuff (Cantrips, Orisons, Fundamentals, Power Points) and the spell/mystery/power wishes they give you 1st-level stuff the first time you take it, +1 level for each additional time you take it. That, plus the part about being unable to take the same wish twice at the same or consecutive levels stops 9th-level-at-level-2 from happening.
Other than that, you mention them being able to create wealth by wishing, but that is not reflected in the actual wishes.

My 2 cents :smallbiggrin:I'm not finished with this yet. (Should probably say W.I.P. in title.) Plus I'm more than happy to acsept material others make for this class, so if you want to design Golden Wish, be my guest, otherwise, wait for me or someone else to do so.

Demidos
2014-09-17, 11:56 PM
Apologies, you caught my comment before I had the time to edit it. It should be slightly more coherent now. :smalltongue:

Golden Wish -- Perhaps allow them to spontaneously create their Class level^3 worth of items per day (Or ^2, depending on the power level you're aiming for) which last for 24 hours before disappearing in a golden shower of sparks. The items price can be divided up among up to their Wishing Modifier or Wishing Mod/2 (again dependant on power level) number of items to prevent them from using the power for EVERYTHING.

Reality Glitch
2014-09-18, 12:07 AM
Edit: Too tired, should be sleeping...that said, you can still get 9ths at 17th level for one casting (Say arcane) and gain 9ths from other disciplines for each level past 17th (eg divine at 18th, powers at 19, etc).I'll look into that, I'm in the process of getting into a playtest game.
Lastly, please please please change wishing modifier to something easier to read like WM. So many repetitions of "Wish" start making my head hurt. You also define a wishing score but never really seem to use it, so it would streamline your mechanics somewhat to dump it completely.I'll implement the abbreviation tomorrow. As for WS, it is used in the Wishshaping track and I plan on other wishes to use it as well to represent it replasing ability scores.
Is there a particular reason why you ignored ability scores? It seems a fairly obvious charisma class, but if you're uncomfortable limiting it to a single mental score, a couple ACFs could add the flexibility you appear to have been looking for.It isn't a charisma class at all. (A) I don't see being granted things without expending any effort is charsima-based. (B) The fluff for the class is that without their wishes, wishmasters are complete incompetents in most, if not all, respects.
Apologies, you caught my comment before I had the time to edit it. It should be slightly more coherent now.:smalltongue:

Golden Wish -- Perhaps allow them to spontaneously create their Class level^3 worth of items per day (Or ^2, depending on the power level you're aiming for) which last for 24 hours before disappearing in a golden shower of sparks. The items price can be divided up among up to their Wishing Modifier or Wishing Mod/2 (again dependant on power level) number of items to prevent them from using the power for EVERYTHING.Cool. I'll add it tomorrow, with credits to you for the design.

Demidos
2014-09-18, 09:47 PM
I'll look into that, I'm in the process of getting into a playtest game.

I'll implement the abbreviation tomorrow. As for WS, it is used in the Wishshaping track and I plan on other wishes to use it as well to represent it replacing ability scores.It isn't a charisma class at all. (A) I don't see being granted things without expending any effort is charsima-based. (B) The fluff for the class is that without their wishes, wishmasters are complete incompetents in most, if not all, respects.

[FONT=Verdana]Cool. I'll add it tomorrow, with credits to you for the design.

As one of your probable party members, that is indeed how I found out about your class :smallwink:

My thought was that their personality is such that the universe itself bends to accomodate them and grant their smallest desire. But either way.

Glad I could help.

Reality Glitch
2014-09-19, 12:43 PM
I've added the Wishmastery feat to the first post.

Reality Glitch
2014-10-30, 11:08 PM
I've added Infusion, Mythos, and radiant wishes to the list of wishes.

infinitetech
2014-10-31, 02:17 AM
ive tried to make such classes before, but i have never seen it quite like this, i like it, might do a few personal tweaks for how i play, but in this version it seems quite well done, im just thinking that the casting lvl traits are a bit odd, not sure how to reword atm though

Reality Glitch
2014-10-31, 09:55 AM
Do you mean only the ones linked to Burning wish, or do you mean all the ones that grant caster/manifester/initiator/meldshaper/etc. levels; either way, it's supposed to be -- get the first wish, bare basics (0th-level spells/power/points/skill and weapon proficiencies/essentia/etc.); each subsequent wish can be used to gain 1st level options, then 2nd level, then 3rd, etc.

infinitetech
2014-11-01, 02:05 AM
the lvl ones, seems slightly odd on the balance or something, was thinking maybe instead of gaining them based on other classes why not gain them as a "wish caster" where you have to choose a domain and gain lvls in each domain you wish to cast from, aka transmutation vs conjuration vs ...

Reality Glitch
2014-11-01, 12:04 PM
Maybe, I'll have to think on how to word it though.

infinitetech
2014-11-02, 03:02 AM
doesnt every spell ever cast have a school they fall under? if so then:
Wish Caster: for each wish used to boost this choose one school of magic, you can now cast spells one level higher in this school, you gain slots in each spell lvl equal to your total "wishes" (class ability wishes only) used on your player, you can cast any spell you have access to, but you only have one spell slot group(shared between all schools), the spell slots for each lvl of casting get +x (where x is your WM lvl - y [where y is the # of spell schools*{spell lvl + 1} X 4]) for each time you use WC for that tier of casting, thus the total spell slots (if they used all points on these wishes and i understand your build correctly) would be:(correction from original now = to show better/get # right, lvl 12 with a t2 and one more point in high skill)

lvl 12
t0: 26 + (5 * 12) = 86 - 20 = 66
t1: 26 + (5 * 12) = 86 - 40 = 46
t2: 26 + (5 * 12) = 86 - 60 = 26
t3: 26 + (4 * 12) = 74 - 64 = 10
t4: 26 + (4 * 12) = 74 - 80 = -6 aka cant cast this lvl
t5: 26 + (1 * 12) = 38 - 24 = 14
t6: 26 + (1 * 12) = 38 - 28 = 10
t7: 26 + (1 * 12) = 38 - 32 = 6

lvl 1 options:
t0: 4 + (1 * 4) = 8 - 4 = 4
t1: 4 + (1 * 4) = 8 - 8 = 0 cant cast
t2: 4 + (1 * 4) = 8 - 12 = -4 cant cast
t3: 4 + (1 * 4) = 8 - 16 = -8 cant cast

t0: 4 + (2 * 4) = 12 - 8 = 4
t2: 4 + (1 * 4) = 8 - 12 = -4 cant cast

t0: 4 + (2 * 4) = 12 - 8 = 4
t1: 4 + (2 * 4) = 12 - 16 = -4 cant cast

t0: 4 + (3 * 4) = 16 - 12 = 4

t0: 4 + (4 * 4) = 20 - 16 = 4

edit, remove +1 to spell lvl
lvl 1 results(modified):
t0: 4 + (1 * 4) = 8 - 0 = 8
t1: 4 + (1 * 4) = 8 - 4 = 4
t2: 4 + (1 * 4) = 8 - 8 = 0 cant cast
t3: 4 + (1 * 4) = 8 - 12 = -4 cant cast

t0: 4 + (2 * 4) = 12 - 0 = 12
t2: 4 + (1 * 4) = 8 - 8 = 0 cant cast

t0: 4 + (2 * 4) = 12 - 0 = 12
t1: 4 + (2 * 4) = 12 - 8 = 4

t0: 4 + (3 * 4) = 16 - 0 = 16

t0: 4 + (4 * 4) = 20 - 0 = 20

lvl 2 test:
t0: 6 + (1 * 6) = 12 - 0 = 12
t1: 6 + (1 * 6) = 12 - 4 = 8
t2: 6 + (1 * 6) = 12 - 8 = 4
t3: 6 + (1 * 6) = 12 - 12 = 0 cant cast
t4: 6 + (1 * 6) = 12 - 16 = -4 cant cast
t5: 6 + (1 * 6) = 12 - 20 = -8 cant cast

t0: 6 + (2 * 6) = 18 - 0 = 18
t4: 6 + (1 * 6) = 12 - 16 = -4 cant cast

t0: 6 + (3 * 6) = 24 - 0 = 24

t1: 6 + (2 * 6) = 18 - 8 = 10

t0: 6 + (4 * 6) = 30 - 0 = 30

t1: 6 + (2 * 6) = 18 - 8 = 8
t2: 6 + (2 * 6) = 18 - 16 = 4

t0: 6 + (5 * 6) = 36 - 0 = 36

t0: 6 + (4 * 6) = 30 - 0 = 30

t1: 6 + (3 * 6) = 24 - 12 = 12

t0: 6 + (6 * 6) = 42 - 0 = 42

btw why is lvl 13 only up to 27??? it breaks pattern X-(
and yes, this means that you dont have "infinite" cantrips (unless you want to say t0 just gives you cantrips as per normal rules and/or maybe the # of spells would be # of free higher casting slots at a by the next slot up for lvl # rate aka 1, 1+2, 1+2+3, ...)

casting stat = WM lvl + WC lvl in that school

tiers that say "cant cast" mean that you dont know the spells(no "casts per day"), you can however do a (spell check/use magic device/other appropriate skill/school casting lvl) roll to try and use a spell on an (item/that you saw/stuff), these rolls are at negs equal to the neg points of how many spells you would have

just some ideas :-)

so final equation is (wishes + [spell school # * Wm lvl] - [spell school # * spell lvl * 4])= spell slots or neg on attempts

the schools of spells in D&D are :
Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy, Transmutation, and Universal

read through all D&D version spell lists, they have switched up what somethings classify as and you may wish to use those classifications for your lists

add back in the +1 to spell lvl if you think this is too powerful or put it in as an optional rule

divine added:All (generic divine spells), Animal, Astral, Charm, Combat, Creation, Divination, Elemental (optionally divided into Air, Earth, Fire and Water sub-spheres), Healing, Necromancy, Plant, Protection, Summon, Sun and Weather/Chaos, Numbers, Law, Thought, Time, War and Wards in 2E but they disappeared after that version

what id recommend is add one school that covers the non school aligned specialty spells of all classes (there arent all that many)and/or combine it with the very small universal school

due to the nature of the casting type all components are replaced with a wish cast, whole turn must be used /other appropriated time concentrating on the wish

Reality Glitch
2014-11-02, 11:13 AM
doesnt every spell ever cast have a school they fall under? if so then:
Wish Caster: for each wish used to boost this choose one school of magic, you can now cast spells one level higher in this school, you gain slots in each spell lvl equal to your total "wishes" (class ability wishes only) used on your player, you can cast any spell you have access to, but you only have one spell slot group(shared between all schools), the spell slots for each lvl of casting get +x (where x is your WM lvl - y [where y is the # of spell schools*{spell lvl + 1} X 4]) for each time you use WC for that tier of casting, thus the total spell slots (if they used all points on these wishes and i understand your build correctly) would be:(correction from original now = to show better/get # right, lvl 12 with a t2 and one more point in high skill)
and yes, this means that you dont have "infinite" cantrips (unless you want to say t0 just gives you cantrips as per normal rules and/or maybe the # of spells would be # of free higher casting slots at a by the next slot up for lvl # rate aka 1, 1+2, 1+2+3, ...)
tiers that say "cant cast" mean that you dont know the spells(no "casts per day"), you can however do a (spell check/use magic device/other appropriate skill/school casting lvl) roll to try and use a spell on an (item/that you saw/stuff), these rolls are at negs equal to the neg points of how many spells you would have
so final equation is (wishes + [spell school # * Wm lvl] - [spell school # * spell lvl * 4])= spell slots or neg on attemptswut:smallconfused:? I'm sorry, I can't follow all that, but what I could understand was too similar to spellcasting actually works in D&D, which brakes away from how I want wishes to work. Plus, if I read it and have know idea what it's saying, then how will anyone as or more casual of a gamer as I going to understand it?
btw why is lvl 13 only up to 27??? it breaks pattern X-(I was originally going to make it 26, but that would make it a completely dead level *coughcoughexactllyasplannedcoughcough*, but that just seems too mean spirited. It was meant to play into the whole "unlucky number" superstition.
casting stat = WM lvl + WC lvl in that schoolI already have a "casting stat" its Wishing Score, which comes with its associated Wishing modifier.
the schools of spells in D&D are :
Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy, Transmutation, and UniversalI now this, thus why I listed them in said wish.
read through all D&D version spell lists, they have switched up what somethings classify as and you may wish to use those classifications for your listsIf something is classified as multiple things, then you can access it with multiple options.
add back in the +1 to spell lvl if you think this is too powerful or put it in as an optional ruleWhat? :smallconfused:
divine added:All (generic divine spells), Animal, Astral, Charm, Combat, Creation, Divination, Elemental (optionally divided into Air, Earth, Fire and Water sub-spheres), Healing, Necromancy, Plant, Protection, Summon, Sun and Weather/Chaos, Numbers, Law, Thought, Time, War and Wards in 2E but they disappeared after that versionI've already said that you can pick a domain.
what id recommend is add one school that covers the non school aligned specialty spells of all classes (there arent all that many)and/or combine it with the very small universal school*I'd
I've already done that.
due to the nature of the casting type all components are replaced with a wish cast, whole turn must be used /other appropriated time concentrating on the wishOh right! I forgot about spell components; thank you.

infinitetech
2014-11-02, 05:26 PM
basically i added a spell slot aka spell per day rule set,

and i was saying that instead of gain 1 lvl in x class you gain 1 lvl of casting in x school, one of the core 8 or (universal + specialty),

sorry that my writing is convoluted, i try to write my thoughts out so you can follow where i went, tho i did drop two tests on the rules because they were a bit insane,

the examples show how the wishes can be placed spell wise,

i also gave you extra options to customize it thus the other school/domain options tho those are kind of redundant, tho i could see maybe wishing to gain a domain (yes you can stack them[double healing cleric build back from the dead baby!!])

for casters 13 is a lucky number, a 13 sided pentagram is used for some of the most powerful conjurings... not that id have any reason to know that... plus never drop a level's progress on a steady rate of progression

yes, i missed that the wishing modifier was for that, i was trying to make it so that you actually had bonuses to maxing out a particular school of spell's tree, aka you get higher casting lvl/resist modifiers, you can replace WM lvl with your wishing score, but other parts of the equation dont work if changed

the plus 1 thing referenced my earlier attempt to make the formula

basically this rule set makes it so that you no longer have it based on physic, divine, arcane, shadow, and so forth, it makes it so that it can be its own type of casting skill, unique to your class, and powerful in its own right,

also if you are going to add in casting as an option it kind of has to stay at least to some extent with how it normally works in D&D, thus why the parts you addressed first were similar to normal style, i tried to make them more... wish aesthetic friendly tho

in the end what i suggested were these:

a new wish for spells system based on schools not classes
a new casting stat bonus based on what you spec-ed into
a new spell slot method that is based on your wishes, lvl, and what you spec-ed into
a component thing
a system where you are able to cast spells higher than you have slots (by means of using wands and stuff) but are at negatives to do so until you are high enough lvl
and your return of lvl 13 to the pattern,

also on that note how about at lvl 13 any wish(class version) can now be given a ritual requiring 8 hours per wish and sacrifices (items, lambs, what have you, you are thanking the wish gods) equal to (# of wishes chosen * CL * total hours needed) GP, after doing this ritual all wishes chosen give double bonus until the next time this ritual is used or the next time wishes are chosen

just clarifying here and giving a couple things i didn't think of here :-) trying to be helpful :-P

Reality Glitch
2014-11-02, 07:08 PM
basically i added a spell slot aka spell per day rule set,Again, that's not how wishes work.
and i was saying that instead of gain 1 lvl in x class you gain 1 lvl of casting in x school, one of the core 8 or (universal + specialty),I've already made that change.
sorry that my writing is convoluted, i try to write my thoughts out so you can follow where i went, tho i did drop two tests on the rules because they were a bit insane,

the examples show how the wishes can be placed spell wise,

i also gave you extra options to customize it thus the other school/domain options tho those are kind of redundant, tho i could see maybe wishing to gain a domain (yes you can stack them[double healing cleric build back from the dead baby!!])????
for casters 13 is a lucky number, a 13 sided pentagram is used for some of the most powerful conjurings... not that id have any reason to know that... plus never drop a level's progress on a steady rate of progressionI'll fix that.
yes, i missed that the wishing modifier was for that, i was trying to make it so that you actually had bonuses to maxing out a particular school of spell's tree, aka you get higher casting lvl/resist modifiers, you can replace WM lvl with your wishing score, but other parts of the equation dont work if changed

the plus 1 thing referenced my earlier attempt to make the formulaBut that's the beauty of my version, not additional equations.
basically this rule set makes it so that you no longer have it based on physic, divine, arcane, shadow, and so forth, it makes it so that it can be its own type of casting skill, unique to your class, and powerful in its own right,

also if you are going to add in casting as an option it kind of has to stay at least to some extent with how it normally works in D&D, thus why the parts you addressed first were similar to normal style, i tried to make them more... wish aesthetic friendly thoI believe you have missinterprited the class. Wishmasters are not casters, let alone vancian casters, and any casting-esque abilities are because of wishes, which is its own subsystem separate from and unique compared to vancian casting. Otherwise, in order to keep all wishes the same, the wishes that emulate nonvancian subsystems (Psionics, Incarnum, Sublime, Mutaions, Mythos, etc.) would have to convert them into a wizard-like casting. WHICH. WILL NOT. FLY. Plus wishmasters aren't supposed to be "powerful", at least not in the sense I think you mean it. As such wishes are there own thing that gives the wishmaster the ability to awkwardly attempt to copy everything else.
in the end what i suggested were these:

a new wish for spells system based on schools not classes
a new casting stat bonus based on what you spec-ed into
a new spell slot method that is based on your wishes, lvl, and what you spec-ed into
a component thing
a system where you are able to cast spells higher than you have slots (by means of using wands and stuff) but are at negatives to do so until you are high enough lvl
and your return of lvl 13 to the pattern,

Again I say: That is not how this is supposed to work. If I was making a Spellcaster-only type wishing class, that only wished for spell, then yes, maybe, but this isn't that.
also on that note how about at lvl 13 any wish(class version) can now be given a ritual requiring 8 hours per wish and sacrifices (items, lambs, what have you, you are thanking the wish gods) equal to (# of wishes chosen * CL * total hours needed) GP, after doing this ritual all wishes chosen give double bonus until the next time this ritual is used or the next time wishes are chosenMaybe I'll make that it's own wish.
just clarifying here and giving a couple things i didn't think of here :-) trying to be helpful :-PI appreasiate the help. I'm just trying to clear up that one misunderstanding about the fundamental base principle around which the entire class is based. If you would like to make a different class using that Wishes-Are-Actually-Spells method, be my guest.

infinitetech
2014-11-04, 02:28 AM
okay, sorry, you had just said that they could try to wish for other classes abilities yet the wish for spell method you had described in the post didn't seem to go very far toward actually mimicking a week caster, thus why i tried to revamp that portion of the wishes,

and since i was saying that these "wish casts" would be their own spell type requiring wishing to activate that's why all spell like things could go under it, you would be way weaker in casting than ANY other caster unless you dump ALL points into it, and even then you only get the sample results i showed which i believe are below standard in several ways,

i was just trying to make your jack of all trades class you described it as more "all trades" less "stat base/melee trades with a tiny bit of class steal that has almost no wish-y flavor",

glad you liked parts, sorry if my intent/purpose was a bit hard to understand,

and wouldn't you be stronger than others in something if your greatest wish and all wishes converged on a single goal and came true? that already seems to be the case with your class if you focus any melee class

i forgot to add that the wish component thing i suggested was supposed to take (y/x turns where x is {your casting wish # in that school[aka how many magic wishes you've made to gain casting talent in that school] + wishing stat} and y is the spell level * spell slot lvl cast in)

i was just trying to polish what you did so it was all stat-ed and all in one place, also this way you get rid of arguments about where wish magic comes from as with this it is CLEARLY its own type of casting, btw in all new editions all types of casting even psychics have uses per day in some way or another, if you dont like my system for wish casts per day i have a back up that gives you an X amount of wish cast points and its just that some wish casts cost more than others, but this one is more balanced right now

Hanuman
2014-11-04, 05:11 AM
27 options with no tables/quick summary and they're all named "wish"

I suggest thinking about the formatting of your class for how it's read by new readers.

Reality Glitch
2014-11-04, 10:58 AM
okay, sorry, you had just said that they could try to wish for other classes abilities yet the wish for spell method you had described in the post didn't seem to go very far toward actually mimicking a week caster, thus why i tried to revamp that portion of the wishes,
glad you liked parts, sorry if my intent/purpose was a bit hard to understand,And I'm sorry if I seemed a bit harsh and .... explody. It's difficult for my to see what you see when you look at your suggested option when I can't make heads nor tails of it linguistically.
and since i was saying that these "wish casts" would be their own spell type requiring wishing to activate that's why all spell like things could go under it, you would be way weaker in casting than ANY other caster unless you dump ALL points into it, and even then you only get the sample results i showed which i believe are below standard in several ways,So what what you're saying is not to divide the spells by school/domain and just say you can wish for any spell?
i was just trying to make your jack of all trades class you described it as more "all trades" less "stat base/melee trades with a tiny bit of class steal that has almost no wish-y flavor",Wait, what? :smallconfused: How is it more melee than anything else? The only thing in 3.5 thus far that comes close to emulating melee classes is Glittering Wish, and that only gives you the equipment for it, nothing else.
and wouldn't you be stronger than others in something if your greatest wish and all wishes converged on a single goal and came true? that already seems to be the case with your class if you focus any melee classI guess, remember, I haven't finished adding all the wishes, and would more than appreciate others suggesting wishes for certain spots I've missed. Again, how does it focus on melee? Aside from sublime martial aptitude, unless that's what you mean, in which case , how is it more powerful than any other wish?
i forgot to add that the wish component thing i suggested was supposed to take (y/x turns where x is {your casting wish # in that school[aka how many magic wishes you've made to gain casting talent in that school] + wishing stat} and y is the spell level * spell slot lvl cast in)wut? @_@
i was just trying to polish what you did so it was all stat-ed and all in one place,How is more complicated (and less readable) polish?
also this way you get rid of arguments about where wish magic comes from as with this it is CLEARLY its own type of casting,But .... It's supposed to be unknowable, that is an intentional part of the flavor.
btw in all new editions all types of casting even psychics have uses per day in some way or another,*psionic
And wishes themselves aren't casting, they give you spells to cast.
if you dont like my system for wish casts per day i have a back up that gives you an X amount of wish cast points and its just that some wish casts cost more than others, but this one is more balanced right nowHow about I just go with Strain-Tolerance (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17531398&postcount=4)?
27 options with no tables/quick summary and they're all named "wish"

I suggest thinking about the formatting of your class for how it's read by new readers.Probably a good Idea, will implement immediately.

infinitetech
2014-11-04, 03:59 PM
perfectly understandable

you wish for spell/domain, but they are no longer tied to their traditional spell source, effectively arcane, divine, psionic and all other sources don't exist for this class, they aren't as fast to cast, nor do you tend to be quite as powerful normally, but you get options, and they dont rely on the old way/ways of casting, also this way they don't get to double up on spells/abilities as easily, its all got one spell allotment

for non magic users the abilities to boost feats, boost their own abilities, and take skills, and gain big crafting boosts make their classes pretty much redundant, you can easily remove the need for thieves, "faces", mid-high tier warriors, and artificer/builder type classes with this current build while having wishes to spare on other classes' abilities

that one is not, wasn't there a wish you had that let you upgrade your combat roll track or your save roll track? i thought i saw it...

y=(how many levels of the school being cast you have + wishing stat)
x=(spell level * spell slot used) [higher slots may get used to cast more/use meta magics/get better effects]
x/y=time to cast the wished spell, (need to do some math before i suggest this # being in seconds or turns)

sorry, i mean that it was supposed to be polished into wishing theme better than pure steal a level, im working on it, will write a clearer version soon for you

exactly, but some players would argue that you need X gods favor or X item in possession, im basically trying to avoid errata rules

i know, i just named the spells you get "Wish Casting" to stick with the theme you seem to use

i can see that being its own class base but the feel of it doesn't really quite suit the flavor of your wish master from what im seeing, the system i proposed lets you use some of your wishes to gain "blank/dead" spell levels so that they get bonuses to casting, but cant cast those higher tier spells until they are stronger, though they can use strong items early because of this sometimes, the system i was thinking of for the back up plan was a bit similar to tolerance/drain, and that's why i didn't suggest it

good call out

you should add a mechanic for if they get items that allow them to make a wish such as rings, coins, favors, and such, they can instead "consume" the wish to choose one additional class "wish" ability, so less immediate power from the wish but it lasts longer most likely, linked to this make the class description just say that you gain 2 "wishes" per level instead of listing the total wishes that way there is no confusion as to weather its that amount or cumulative for each level (i know i made that mistake at first reading)

hope i am being more help than hinderance

Reality Glitch
2014-11-04, 04:30 PM
you wish for spell/domain, but they are no longer tied to their traditional spell source, effectively arcane, divine, psionic and all other sources don't exist for this class, they aren't as fast to cast, nor do you tend to be quite as powerful normally, but you get options, and they dont rely on the old way/ways of casting, also this way they don't get to double up on spells/abilities as easily, its all got one spell allotmentThat's basically what I have by saying "you can wish for a spell X/day".
for non magic users the abilities to boost feats, boost their own abilities, and take skills, and gain big crafting boosts make their classes pretty much redundant, you can easily remove the need for thieves, "faces", mid-high tier warriors, and artificer/builder type classes with this current build while having wishes to spare on other classes' abilitiesMost of those classes are lower tier than what I'm going for anyway. Plus, Their is no "ability boosting" wish.
that one is not, wasn't there a wish you had that let you upgrade your combat roll track or your save roll track? i thought i saw it...Nope. Though now that you mention it, I'll put one in, but make it VERY limited.
y=(how many levels of the school being cast you have + wishing stat)
x=(spell level * spell slot used) [higher slots may get used to cast more/use meta magics/get better effects]
x/y=time to cast the wished spell, (need to do some math before i suggest this # being in seconds or turns)It's complicated equations like that that turn casuals like me away from this game.
sorry, i mean that it was supposed to be polished into wishing theme better than pure steal a level, im working on it, will write a clearer version soon for you*I'm
And you mean it fits, not "is polished".
exactly, but some players would argue that you need X gods favor or X item in possession, im basically trying to avoid errata rulesI did say in the adaptation section that players could difine i as something specific if they want to.
i can see that being its own class base but the feel of it doesn't really quite suit the flavor of your wish master from what im seeing, the system i proposed lets you use some of your wishes to gain "blank/dead" spell levels so that they get bonuses to casting, but cant cast those higher tier spells until they are stronger, though they can use strong items early because of this sometimes, the system i was thinking of for the back up plan was a bit similar to tolerance/drain, and that's why i didn't suggest itActually, I already have wishes/day, I don't need this.
good call outThank you? (You mean the spellcheck right?)
you should add a mechanic for if they get items that allow them to make a wish such as rings, coins, favors, and such, they can instead "consume" the wish to choose one additional class "wish" ability, so less immediate power from the wish but it lasts longer most likely,Actually....That's a great idea! Thanks!
linked to this make the class description just say that you gain 2 "wishes" per level instead of listing the total wishes that way there is no confusion as to weather its that amount or cumulative for each level (i know i made that mistake at first reading)But that's not needed for B.A.B., Fort., Ref., Will, and Spell slot of each levels/power points per day on other classes.

infinitetech
2014-11-04, 05:07 PM
yeah, i just tried to get it stated out a little bit

there wasnt one to gain 1 in a stat? thought there was, my bad, guess i add more options subconciously

definitely limited, an extra base die attack or upgrade a die, a +1 to 1 save or a +2 and a -1 on another

it looks worse than it actually is, basically y goes up when you lvl, and i am making a table for x, but it basically just makes stronger spells take longer to cast

just trying to avoid later DM headaches over multi-classing and other things

this was for the spell limits and casts not the wishes a character has

glad you liked it

no, but people might get confused with the consume wish thing, plus those were sectioned into tables so it was easier to see the trend (though i didn't see why they did it that way for them either really) and btw, you may want to consider calling the class "wishes" something slightly different, even if its just like a wisher's boon (boon for shorthand) that way less confusion about terms

i will make DMG style spell per day tables or something here soon to help clarify everything

Reality Glitch
2014-11-04, 11:12 PM
it looks worse than it actually is, basically y goes up when you lvl, and i am making a table for x, but it basically just makes stronger spells take longer to castEh? That .... has to have a simpler execution if you want to convince me to use it.
just trying to avoid later DM headaches over multi-classing and other thingsAgain, it's flavor that can be easily hand-waved if need be.
this was for the spell limits and casts not the wishes a character hasExactly, the ability wishes allow you to "wish" for any one spell a number of times per day.
no, but people might get confused with the consume wish thing, plus those were sectioned into tables so it was easier to see the trend (though i didn't see why they did it that way for them either really) and btw, you may want to consider calling the class "wishes" something slightly different, even if its just like a wisher's boon (boon for shorthand) that way less confusion about termsConsume wish? You mean with your item suggestion which I have yet to implement?
i will make DMG style spell per day tables or something here soon to help clarify everythingPlease don't. It's just going to end up over complicating a concept so simple. Even more so than Wizards of the Coast.

infinitetech
2014-11-06, 02:59 AM
if i can figure out a super simple way to put it i will, other wise i may just use this class as an idea seed for my own advanced homebrew