PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class GITP Makes:The Unstoppable, A class based on Zurgo Helmsmasher [3.5]

Teapot Salty
2014-09-20, 10:47 PM
(I might stop making threads like these, but they are so great I probably won't, maybe this will be the last one)

HELLO EVERYBODY! So for anybody who is stoked about the new magic set, I've decided that we should try to make a class based around the second coolest Khan: Zurgo (#2 because punching a bear in half is unbeatably awesome)

For those of you who don't play but would still like to participate, the objective is to make a Primary Melee class that can devastate opponents on the front lines. Let's aim for tier 3, no dead levels and a capstone. Your post number while determine what you contribute.

1st: Name of class
2nd: Fluff
3rd: Saves, hit dice and base attack bonus
4th: Skills and skill points
5th: Primary Ability Scores (Str/Dex/Int, Wis/Str/Con, Etc.)
6th: Proficiency.
7th and every poster thereafter: Class Features.

Rules: Other than what's above, if you believe that a class feature is lacking in some way or needs work, post a reply. If you wish to change a feature you posted, reply to that feature with the revised version in the post. Only the poster of a feature may edit that feature. My posts do not count as a numbered post unless I say otherwise. (I.E if I am the second poster, the poster after me still does fluff) If YOU don't want your post to be numbered simply say so in said post.

LET'S MAKE A GREAT CLASS EVERYBODY!

-------------------------------

The Unstoppable

Fluff

Description: The Unstoppable is a relentless engine of destruction. To an Unstoppable, combat is not just a way of life; it is the way of life, the only place they feel truly at home. They are typically found at the van of battle, leading the charge and decimating enemies. The Unstoppable rarely stops moving, preferring to barrel from enemy to enemy with great haste. They have a primal, almost supernatural speed that lets them draw strength from the death of their enemy and shrug off blows with ease. As a result they revel in combat, getting stronger and stronger the longer an encounter goes on.

Adventures: Most warriors that join the ranks of the Unstoppable have some amount of military experience, specializing in being deployed ahead of a main force to slaughter enemy defenses. Some adventuring Unstoppable still have ties to an army or kingdom, working with mercenaries and adventurers as part of an ongoing operation. Others have long since left, preferring to test their ever-increasing strength against new foes or selling out their services to the highest bidder. No matter what their cause or quest, an Unstoppable rarely stays in one place for long. They embrace a mantra that "To Rule is To Bleed": Glory and life are found only by being constantly on the move, looking for the next challenge to test their steel and strength against.

Alignment: Most warriors that join the ranks of the Unstoppable have some amount of military experience, specializing in being deployed ahead of a main force to slaughter enemy defenses. Some adventuring Unstoppable still have ties to an army or kingdom, working with mercenaries and adventurers as part of an ongoing operation. Others have long since left, preferring to test their ever-increasing strength against new foes or selling out their services to the highest bidder. No matter what their cause or quest, an Unstoppable rarely stays in one place for long. They embrace a mantra that "To Rule is To Bleed": Glory and life are found only by being constantly on the move, looking for the next challenge to test their steel and strength against.

Races: Races of great strength and endurance are drawn to the Unstoppable class, such as Half-orcs and Dwarves. Humans also frequently take the path of the Unstoppable. Halfling and Elf Unstoppable are more uncommon, but can be extremely effective due to their quick reflexes and excellent mobility.

Other Classes: Unstoppable have a great deal of respect for fellow warriors such as Fighters, Barbarians, and Warblades, and many of them have a history of following such careers before discovering the glory of the Unstoppable path. Unstoppable also work well with Rogues, Rangers, Scouts, and Monks; while not the stealthiest of warriors they enjoy putting their speed and senses to good use and being the first to see and strike their enemies. Unstoppable have little patience for spellcasters such as Wizards. They value physical might and martial skill, and don’t appreciate a wizard’s tendency to try (fail, but try) to stop their onslaught.

Hit Dice 1d12+Constitution Modifier.

Abilities

Base Attack Bonus
Fortitude
Reflex
Will
Special

+1
+2
+2
+2

+2
+3
+3
+3

+3
+3
+3
+3

+4
+4
+4
+4

+5
+4
+4
+4

+6/+1
+5
+5
+5

+7/+2
+5
+5
+5

+8/+3
+6
+6
+6

+9/+4
+6
+6
+6

+10/+5
+7
+7
+7

+11/+6/+1
+7
+7
+7

+12/+7/+2
+8
+8
+8

+13/+8/+3
+8
+8
+8

+14/+9/+4
+9
+9
+9

+15/+10/+5
+9
+9
+9

+16/+11/+6/+1
+10
+10
+10

+17/+12/+7/+2
+10
+10
+10

+18/+13/+8/+3
+11
+11
+11

+19/+14/+9/+4
+11
+11
+11

+20/+15/+10/+5
+12
+12
+12

Skills The Unstoppable's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str)

Skill points at first level: 4+Int modifier*4

Skill points at each additional level: 4+Int modifier.

Bluydee
2014-09-21, 11:57 AM
Name: the Unstoppable.

Hawk7915
2014-09-21, 08:40 PM
Interesting idea! I think Zurgo would look just fine as a Barbarian/Warblade but I can't say no to a group custom class based on MtG :smallbiggrin:. I am not as good with fluff as I am with crunch, but here's my attempt:
=============
Description: The Unstoppable is a relentless engine of destruction. To an Unstoppable, combat is not just a way of life; it is the way of life, the only place they feel truly at home. They are typically found at the van of battle, leading the charge and decimating enemies. The Unstoppable rarely stops moving, preferring to barrel from enemy to enemy with great haste. They have a primal, almost supernatural speed that lets them draw strength from the death of their enemy and shrug off blows with ease. As a result they revel in combat, getting stronger and stronger the longer an encounter goes on.

Adventures: Most warriors that join the ranks of the Unstoppable have some amount of military experience, specializing in being deployed ahead of a main force to slaughter enemy defenses. Some adventuring Unstoppable still have ties to an army or kingdom, working with mercenaries and adventurers as part of an ongoing operation. Others have long since left, preferring to test their ever-increasing strength against new foes or selling out their services to the highest bidder. No matter what their cause or quest, an Unstoppable rarely stays in one place for long. They embrace a mantra that "To Rule is To Bleed": Glory and life are found only by being constantly on the move, looking for the next challenge to test their steel and strength against.

Alignment: Any. The career of an Unstoppable demands a ruthlessness and love of violence that, while not necessitating an Evil alignment, is usually incompatible with a Good one. Good-aligned Unstoppable are possible, however. In terms of Law and Chaos, Unstoppable are of both alignments in equal measure. Many Unstoppable are devoted, Lawful soldiers, answering to Kingdom or Lord and respecting authority and rules. Others have more in common with Barbarians, Chaotic screaming berserkers that hurl themselves at foes at the slightest provocation.

Races: Races of great strength and endurance are drawn to the Unstoppable class, such as Half-orcs and Dwarves. Humans also frequently take the path of the Unstoppable. Halfling and Elf Unstoppable are more uncommon, but can be extremely effective due to their quick reflexes and excellent mobility.

Other Classes: Unstoppable have a great deal of respect for fellow warriors such as Fighters, Barbarians, and Warblades, and many of them have a history of following such careers before discovering the glory of the Unstoppable path. Unstoppable also work well with Rogues, Rangers, Scouts, and Monks; while not the stealthiest of warriors they enjoy putting their speed and senses to good use and being the first to see and strike their enemies. Unstoppable have little patience for spellcasters such as Wizards. They value physical might and martial skill, and don’t appreciate a wizard’s tendency to try (fail, but try) to stop their onslaught.

Teapot Salty
2014-09-21, 08:57 PM
Huh, no good? Interesting, though I feel the need to question that. For example if a fighter loves war like a wife he can't be "good?"

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-21, 09:03 PM
For alignment, maybe it should be something like the warlock, in that they have to be any chaotic or evil.

Teapot Salty
2014-09-21, 09:15 PM
For alignment, maybe it should be something like the warlock, in that they have to be any chaotic or evil.

Probably good, I myself am not a fan of alignment restrictions.

Hawk7915
2014-09-21, 09:43 PM
Probably good, I myself am not a fan of alignment restrictions.

I thought that might be controversial. Originally I thought that this class would be to the Fighter what an Assassin is to the Rogue, but I too am not all that wild about alignment restrictions. Since Zurgo himself so strongly favors a code of honor (or so the lore goes), I could see cutting the restriction entirely especially since it's unenforced, and instead just stating that good-aligned Unstoppable are quite unusual.

Teapot Salty
2014-09-21, 11:22 PM
I thought that might be controversial. Originally I thought that this class would be to the Fighter what an Assassin is to the Rogue, but I too am not all that wild about alignment restrictions. Since Zurgo himself so strongly favors a code of honor (or so the lore goes), I could see cutting the restriction entirely especially since it's unenforced, and instead just stating that good-aligned Unstoppable are quite unusual.

So your choosing to edit your post?

Hawk7915
2014-09-22, 09:25 AM
So your choosing to edit your post?

Yep. I edited it above :smallsmile:

Xefas
2014-09-22, 12:48 PM
Alright, since no one else is doing the boring one (really, this step could probably be fused with the skill one), here:

Hit Dice: d12
Saving Throws: Good Fortitude, Good Reflex, Good Will
Base Attack Bonus: Good

Looks like the most unstoppablest set you could have.

Hawk7915
2014-09-22, 05:03 PM
Skills are another sort of boring thing to submit. With our "Lightning Warrior" BABs, Saves, and HD in mind, and wanting to ensure we get some good class features, I tried to keep it modest while ensuring that the Unstoppable had something to do besides hit things with his or her sword:
=============
Class Skills: The Unstoppable's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str)

Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier