PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian advice needed

Felvion
2014-09-21, 11:57 AM
I know it's still very early for guides and such things. I'm making a new lvl6 bear spirit totem barbarian and i would like to know what you people think about the class. Apparently there is not as much room for optimisation as in 3.5 but any advice would be welcome!
Stats are 16,14,16,10,12,9 and i got the lucky feat. For rp reasons I'll be weilding a warpick on the one hand and maybe a shield.
I'll ask the dm to make it count as light in order to fight with an axe in the other hand and make better use of the +2 rage dmg.
In fact, i won't be able to read much till we play and i'm not fully aware of all the "hidden secrets" in 5th edition:smallcool:.
Go nuts but don't plan further than 9-10th level...

Ferrin33
2014-09-21, 12:04 PM
I know it's still very early for guides and such things. I'm making a new lvl6 bear spirit totem barbarian and i would like to know what you people think about the class. Apparently there is not as much room for optimisation as in 3.5 but any advice would be welcome!
Stats are 16,14,16,10,12,9 and i got the lucky feat. For rp reasons I'll be weilding a warpick on the one hand and maybe a shield.
I'll ask the dm to make it count as light in order to fight with an axe in the other hand and make better use of the +2 rage dmg.
In fact, i won't be able to read much till we play and i'm not fully aware of all the "hidden secrets" in 5th edition:smallcool:.
Go nuts but don't plan further than 9-10th level...

You'll be fine as full barbarian. What race are you? If human, do you use the variant rule? If you use the variant rule you can take the Dual Wielder feat to use two War Picks! Although if you do I suggest taking a level dip or two in fighter or ranger for the fighting style.

Yorrin
2014-09-21, 02:30 PM
Bear-barian 20 makes a beast of a tank, especially with a shield. Pick+shield makes a fine choice. Curious as to your race? It sounds like you've already got one in mind, but if not I'd look at Mountain Dwarf, Half-Orc, and Human. Beyond that... you'll prolly want to take a glance at the Sentinel Feat if tanking in the 4e/MMO style is to your liking. But if not, I'd go for trying to max out your physical stats (Str>Con>=Dex).