PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [E6] Better humans?

JusticeZero
2014-10-13, 09:51 AM
In Standard, human is a favorite race for its extra feat. In E6, it isn't preferred. This is a bit of an issue when trying to build human centered campaign settings. I'd considered giving them a skill point with each feat, but that might be swinging the other way in a backweighted fashion.. Any thoughts on the matter?

LibraryOgre
2014-10-13, 10:12 AM
You might also try penalties to others... a -4 to social skills for non-humans when used against any but their own race will cut down on their appeal.

GGambrel
2014-10-14, 10:25 PM
Some ideas / mini brainstorm:

humans (& half-elves?) purchase feats after level 6 for slightly less XP (maybe 90% the normal cost)
low light vision, darkvision, and other racial abilities become feats at level 6 (for some in-game reason)
some feats are exclusive to humans
humans have a "signature feat" for which they gain additional benefits (eg. +4 instead of +3 for skill focus), possibly re-trainable, possibly as its own feat
humans get a racial bonus to what would otherwise be their lowest attribute (+1? +2?)
nix the human 1st level feat in place of some other benefit

I'm not sure how you'd be able to check the balance for these options, but I doubt any of them would get too out of hand being that it's E6. :smallsmile:

Lord Vukodlak
2014-10-16, 04:56 AM
In Standard, human is a favorite race for its extra feat. In E6, it isn't preferred. This is a bit of an issue when trying to build human centered campaign settings. I'd considered giving them a skill point with each feat, but that might be swinging the other way in a backweighted fashion.. Any thoughts on the matter?
Maybe a skill point every two feats instead of one.

This is tagged as pathfinder so you can always look at the alternate human traits they have.
Dual Talent: They gain a +2 to two different ability scores at the cost of the feat and skill points.
No wait that actually kinda sucks... yeah something with skill points feels better, or you could change half-elves and half-orcs so they don't have the same floating choice to ability scores that humans do.

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-16, 05:09 AM
Maybe give them the Fast Learner feat for free, plus their choice of any one of the "Heart of..." alternate racial traits, plus the normal extra skill rank at each level, and remove their default bonus feat? Thus racial traits change from:

+2 to any one ability score
1 extra feat at 1st level
1 extra skill rank at each level

to

+2 to any one ability score
1 extra skill rank at each level
Fast Learner feat at 1st level
Any one of the "Heart of..." alternate racial traits