PDA

View Full Version : IE favorite shortcut won't work until page title changes

Banaticus
2007-03-17, 11:01 PM
I come in, read the comics, bookmark the last comic that I was on. A few days later I repeat the process. I come in to where the bookmark is, read up to the latest comic, bookmark it.

But this Erfworld has the same page title as the Order of the Stick comic, "Giant in the Playground Games". I'd have to retype the title the exact same way every time I bookmark it or I'd have to find and delete the old bookmark every time.

For a new comic where everything is still mostly confusing, where I don't really have a good idea of what's happening, I'm just not willing to make any investment of time. So I really don't see myself becoming a regular Erfworld reader unless the page title is changed to something different from the page title that Order of the Stick uses.

pclips
2007-03-18, 12:18 AM
Someone suggested using Piperka (http://piperka.net/info.html?cid=950), which remembers all of your last-read pages for all the webcomics you read. It's a pretty cool site.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-03-21, 02:24 PM
Get Firefox. I don't know if that will fix the problem, but get it anyway.

Actually, it probably will. Just hit Ctrl+D to make a bookmark on the current page, and the page title is filled in for you.

Darth Paradox
2007-03-21, 06:32 PM
Get Firefox. I don't know if that will fix the problem, but get it anyway.

Actually, it probably will. Just hit Ctrl+D to make a bookmark on the current page, and the page title is filled in for you.

The problem being that the page titles for OOTS and Erfworld are identical, so he's having trouble keeping them both at once without editing the titles.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-03-22, 02:20 AM
Oh. Sorry, I was a little confused by the original post. Hmm...I use the RSS feed and check each update regularly, so this isn't a problem for me. Don't know what to tell you except use Rob's high-tech solution, or just type something really short for a bookmark title, like "Erf".

Azrael
2007-03-22, 09:18 AM
Just bookmark the archive list. It will conveniently show you where you left off, and how many new comics you haven't seen yet.