PDA

View Full Version : Unending Hatred [Trait]

Deepblue706
2007-03-18, 02:03 AM
I hate a lot of things. Well, I claim to, often for comedic purposes. But, I still have a strong disliking for many things.

I think this should be a Trait/Feat thinger.

Cynical

You are dark, brooding, and you hate just about everything you see. You aren't necessarily evil, or any less good, but the world just plain sucks, in your eyes. You receive a +1 pessimism bonus to all Spot, Listen, and Sense Motive.

You recieve a -2 penalty to Diplomacy, Gather Information and Perform (any).

Improved Cynicism

Pre-Reqs: INT 13, WIS 13

You recieve an additional +1 bonus to Sense Motive, +1 Spot checks vs Sleight of Hand, and +1 will saves vs charm effects. You're still a wanker, though.

A Heart as Black as Night

Pre-Reqs: Evil

Your hatred fuels you with power. You recieve +1 spellcasting level of a chosen spellcasting class. You recieve a -4 penalty to CHA. In addition, you must succeed a Will save whenever you hear another person speak [DC= 10 + (their INT penalty) + (their WIS penalty) + (their CHA penalty), unless they have 15+ Charisma, and Intelligence and Wisdom scores of at least 10. If you fail, you fly into a Rage, as the Barbarian ability, and attack this person for 1d3 rounds.

The Power of Love

Pre-Reqs: Evil, A Heart as Black as Night

You have learned the power of love is the greatest source of energy, and have inherited this source through your horrible, horrible ways. Once per day, you may make a ranged touch attack that deals 100d%+(100d%x5) damage to a target, and half that amount to all others standing within 50 ft.

Divorce rates go up with each use.

paddyfool
2007-03-18, 02:26 AM
Seems a tad overpowered as a Trait ... and a further excuse for min/maxing builds that dump Chr. Also, I don't see why it would help your willpower saves, although increased suspicion of your surroundings and people around you could make you a little more alert to dangers, trickery etc. I suggest that if you make it a Trait, you make it more specific, like "+1 to Spot, Listen and Sense Motive, -2 to Diplomacy, Gather Information and Perform(any)". Also, I don't like the name - Cynical might describe it better. Unending Hatred sounds like some kind of favoured enemy type deal. Alternatively, you could have a feat called Improved Cynicism, which gives you +2 to Sense motive, +2 to Spot checks made vs. Sleight of Hand, and +1 to Will saves vs Charm effects. Requirements for this could be something like Wis 13, Int 13.

Solo
2007-03-18, 02:40 AM
This ability is useless.

Deepblue706
2007-03-18, 08:34 AM
Useless?! It's amazing!!

yeah, paddy, I just kinda went by ear and the walked away. If we actually want to work it out, sure, we could do it like that and it'd be just fine, I'm sure.

SpartacusThe2nd
2007-03-18, 10:05 AM
that's nice.
I will take this but when ill run a comdic-evil campigan.

Jack_Simth
2007-03-18, 10:38 AM
The Power of Love - kinda a broken feat, considering you can get it at 1st. The sheer amount of damage that thing does is just crazy.

A Heart as Black as Night, as worded, is basically barred to Sorcerers and Bards (due to the Charisma penalty). You might want to consider changing that to a penatly to social interactions (diplomacy, bluff, gather information, sense motive, and so on).

Deepblue706
2007-03-18, 10:47 AM
To quote Star Wars: "Negative. Negative. It didn't go in. It just impacted on the surface."

Stormthorn
2007-03-18, 03:20 PM
The Power of Love - kinda a broken feat, considering you can get it at 1st. The sheer amount of damage that thing does is just crazy.

Yea, that basicly the ability to kill anything within a 50ft radius once per day. In fact, it might be simpler just to have that as the afrect.

martyboy74
2007-03-18, 05:48 PM
It should be able to propel boats at high speed.

Fizban
2007-03-18, 05:51 PM
Yeah, so here we have a perfectly fine trait, Cynical, and a Black Mage joke, in the same thread. What's the deal?

Deepblue706
2007-03-18, 10:44 PM
Oh. I thought I was making something silly.

But, I guess, you can take credit for making it something usable - I really don't want to be attached to any of this.

thehothead
2007-03-19, 03:01 PM
Do any of these come with some one who you hate (more then you hate everybody else) that you some regularly fail to kill?

Stormthorn
2007-03-20, 06:13 PM
Oh. I thought I was making something silly.

I think it would be equaly silly, but less difficult on those of us who are math challenged, if it was used, The Power of Love just made everyone around drop like flies. I would laugh anyways. Well, thats my two cents, although technicaly im repeating myself because i made this suggestion earlier, but i didnt explain it well.