PDA

View Full Version : Speculation 5e with modern Firearms

BRKNdevil
2014-10-26, 12:17 PM
so now that firearms are released and assuming your PC's are starting at level 5. Do you think that a Modern setting for dnd with the Modern Firearms from the leaked content would work? Or do you think someone with license the rights to make 5e Modern?

mr_odd
2014-10-26, 12:30 PM
so now that firearms are released and assuming your PC's are starting at level 5. Do you think that a Modern setting for dnd with the Modern Firearms from the leaked content would work? Or do you think someone with license the rights to make 5e Modern?

D&D in general is primarily for a high fantasy setting. If wanting to use a different setting, it makes more sense to use a setting specific RPG or GURPS.

While 5e would probably be the easiest D&D to transfer settings, it would still be better to use a different system.

Madfellow
2014-10-26, 12:37 PM

Sure, but doing so would mean that evocation magic is basically useless.

CyberThread
2014-10-26, 12:57 PM
If you want to transplant everything you have some possible things. Guns is no different then a low magic setting, folks shoot each other, no access to magic classes, you will need to homebrew some feats to make the other classes mean anything.

Constantine it, yeah folks can do magic , have guns . Face demons.... nothing really changes it.

IFFFFFFFFF you want to do guns and d&d. The BEST, and I mean UTTTTTTERRRLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

SUPERDUPER....

BEST SETTING!! To ever possibly do it at .

ShadowRun

BRKNdevil
2014-10-26, 01:24 PM
Meh, just asked because of the listing of the modern weapons leaked in the DMG and because D20 Modern exists.
And then the no magic setting would mean something like no Paladin, Ranger, Warlock, Wizard, Druid, Cleric, and Bard?
And the subclasses, Eldritch Knight, Elemental Monk, Shadow Monk, and Arcane Trickster would be restricted? or the only mages allowed?

And finally, what do you mean homebrew some feats, i'm assuming for Monk and Barbarian?

Since the Fighter would get four attacks and the rogue may only get one or two if you duel wield and get sneak attack dice but the others are primarily Melee?\

also another reason I added this stuff because of some very amusing Light Novels that have come out of Japan

GATE- Thus the JSDF Fought There
Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
Gun-Ota ga Mahou Sekai ni Tensei ****ara, Gendai Heiki de Guntai Harem wo Tsukucchaima****a!?

BRKNdevil
2014-10-26, 01:32 PM
****aki mushrooms

Wow, did not know it would block parts of a word because of censors when i'm just posting a japanese title.

Slipperychicken
2014-10-26, 02:03 PM
D20 modern, with proficiency bonus and advantage/disadvantage mechanic? Call it 2d20 Modern.

rlc
2014-10-26, 04:47 PM
****aki mushrooms

Wow, did not know it would block parts of a word because of censors when i'm just posting a japanese title.
that's because japanime is unacceptable.

D20 modern, with proficiency bonus and advantage/disadvantage mechanic? Call it 2d20 Modern.

yeah, probably the best way. borrow stuff from one system and bring it over to another.