PDA

View Full Version : [AMNC] witness the power of the seven emeralds!

knightsaline
2007-03-19, 11:06 PM
OK, I got bored and decided to launch the [AMNC] event early.

Chaos Emeralds [minor artefacts]
the (misleadingly named) chaos emeralds seem to appear when a world needs them most. some say they were created by a mad egg shaped artificer, others say that these gems were created by the guardian spirit of the innocent chao race so that the guardian could defend the chao against a super powered foe.
the chaos gems grant different powers depending on the owner. if the owner of one of the gems is an arcane caster, the owner gains either an additional spell slot or additional spell per day. however, the spell that uses that slot or spell per day must correspond with the element that the gem is coloured.
red= fire
blue = water
green = earth
yellow = lightning
grey = air
white = ice
purple = acid

if the owner is a martial character, they may attach the gem to thier weapon, making it a +5 anarchic weapon with the element coresponding to the colour of the gem.

if the owner is a sneaky character, the gem allows the sneak attack of that character (or equivilent ability) to deal additional damage on a critical hit and if the weapon has a flaming-like ability, allows the weapon to deal additional damage on a critical hit.

if the owner is a divine caster, the gods take a keen interest in the character, making any spells with the [chaos] or the gem's elemental subtype descriptors as if they were cast 1 caster level higher. this does not stack if the spell has both subtypes.

if the owner is a psionic character, the gem gives them 150 extra power points as long as the owner has the gem in thier posession. all powers manifested, if given a choice, must be of the element the gem represents.

should all seven emeralds be owned at the same time, the owner of the seven gems gains +10 to all stats, the ability to hear the background music and near invincibility (passes all saves automatically). this should only be used when a great threat threatens the stability of the world and the multiverse. when the threat has passed, the chaos gems scatter throughout the world, unable to use their powers for 2d20 months.

Logic
2007-04-18, 08:59 AM
Reading this after only 5 hours of sleep in the last 3 days makes me say this is an awesome idea.

I think they could be tweaked some, but since I have no suggestions at the moment, leave them as they are.

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-04-18, 08:03 PM
150 power points? I may not know that much about psionics, but that's really a lot. What about half-casters like the bard?

knightsaline
2007-04-18, 09:47 PM
It's meant to be powerful, they are major artifacts. major artifacts are rarely handed out and if they are handed out often, the DM has permission to remove them, should the game be suffering due to the artifacts entrance into the game.

half casters can choose which side they want to use (example, a paladin could choose either the martial benefits or the divine benefits).
a bard could gain sneak attack for the amount of time the chaos gem is in their possession.

Cybren
2007-04-18, 10:57 PM
Wait don't you need 50 rings (gp?) to use them first?

knightsaline
2007-04-18, 11:03 PM
in the later games, you only need the emeralds to transform. I was basing it on them and not the classic games. anyway, any DM will just handwave the 50 gp thing, since by the time you can get Major Artefacts, you have hundreds upon thousands of GP. if you were playing in Epic Mode, the emeralds would require 50 Talents (way of making Epic characters keep track of money, since if they ever cashed in their gear, it would weigh as much as one of selunes tears) to activate. if the possessor is a black hedgehog, they gain the ability to summon spears of pure Chaos onto anything they like while Super.

purplearcanist
2007-04-20, 09:26 AM
Here is how I think that the emeralds should function.

First of all, each emerald has the properities of a chaos diamond.

If a person attaches a chaos emerald to a weapon of at least masterwork quality, the weapon gains a +5 enchancement bonus, or keeps its original enchancement bonus, whichever is higher. In addition, the weapon gains the anarchaic properity and another properity according to the color of the chaos emerald, if the weapon doesn't have those properities already:

red = flaming burst
blue, white = icey burst
green, purple = acidic burst
yellow, grey = shocking burst

For each additional chaos emerald attached to the weapon, the enchancement bonus granted by the chaos emeralds increases by 1.

A chaos emerald can't be attached to an axiomatic weapon or a major artifact.

In addition, for each chaos emerald that the character posseses, any spell or psionic power with the chaos descriptor that the character uses has its caster level increased by 2 (including the spells granted by the gem's chaos diamond function). Depending on its color, the chaos emerald increases the caster level of any spell or power used by the character with a specific descriptor (these bonuses stack):

red = +2 caster level on all spells and powers with the fire descriptor
blue = +2 caster level on all spells and powers with the water descriptor
green = +2 caster level on all spells and powers with the earth descriptor
yellow = +2 caster level on all spells and powers with the lightning descriptor
grey = +2 caster level on all spells and powers with the air descriptor
white = +2 caster level on all spells and powers with the cold descriptor
purple = +2 caster level on all spells and powers with the acid descriptor

If a character posseses all seven chaos emeralds, they gain a +10 bonus to all ability scores, and they automatically succeed on all saving throws, attack rolls, skill checks and ability checks. This should only be used when a great threat threatens the stability of the world and the multiverse. When the threat has passed, the chaos gems scatter throughout the world, unable to use their powers for 2d20 months.

If a nonchaotic character posseses a chaos emerald, they gain four negetive levels. Although these level s never result in actual level loss, it remains as long as the emerald is in the character’s possession and cannot be overcome in any way (including restoration spells).

knightsaline
2007-04-20, 10:19 PM
Purple, I like your way of making the chaos emeralds, but I called them Chaos Gems for a reason. From many hours of playing sonic for aeons, I decided thast the term "chaos emeralds" was misleading. I personally have never seen a purple Emerald, nor a white emerald. each colour has a different gem type. only the green one can truly be called an emerald.

heres a quick stat up of the master emerald

this giant gem seems to have innumeralble facets, no two scholars can agree how many facets this giant emerald has. If the emerald is whole, as long as the character is touching it, they may add +10 to all stats and gains +100 HP. the only problem is that the emerald is guarded by a humanoid red echidna who dislikes people touching the emerald

should the master emerald be shattered, the beiongs known as Chaos and Tikal are freed. Chaos will try to consume the negative energy from the normal chaos emeralds, while tikal will try to advise the adventurers to get the Chaos Gems before Chaos does. should Chaos consume all the chaos Gems, he absorbs the negative energy from the emeralds and becomes Perfect Chaos. the Gems will lose their colour (therefore losing their elemental properties) but should someone who proves worthy (i.e. non evil) gathers the depleted emeralds, they may use the gems to go Super , gaining the same benefits as if the gems were gathered. (passes all saves automatically, +10 to all stats, able to hear the background music) however, should the Gems be depleted as such and the worthy one defeats Chaos, the gems will scatter and be unusable for 3D20 months, due to the massive drain on the gems

Eldritch_Ent
2007-04-21, 07:17 AM
Ehh, I think you guys are off about the effects of Chaos Emeralds. (And I don't even really like the Sonic Series, but doesn't mean my younger relatives don't... But I digress.)

My main question was- "Where are you getting the elemental thing from?".

Err, in short, just keep in mind the Emeralds are comprised of equal parts Positive and Negative Energy instead of elemental energy. The Master and Chaos Emeralds are just law/chaos aligned respectively, and work best in conjunction instead of opposition. Also, keep in mind the powers of the Chaos Emeralds increase exponentially when there are more in the same place, instead of additively, and provide no bonuses unless you can somehow harness said energy or have all if them...

Mewtarthio
2007-04-21, 11:35 AM
Purple, I like your way of making the chaos emeralds, but I called them Chaos Gems for a reason. From many hours of playing sonic for aeons, I decided thast the term "chaos emeralds" was misleading. I personally have never seen a purple Emerald, nor a white emerald. each colour has a different gem type. only the green one can truly be called an emerald.

Bah! The almighty powers of the Chaos Emeralds care not for your pathetic rules of gemology!

EDIT: What does AMNC mean, by the way?

Roderick_BR
2007-04-21, 03:33 PM
If you get all 7 emeralds, can you turn into a super saya-jin?

Sorry, I had to.... XD

knightsaline
2007-04-22, 08:56 PM
AMNC was an event that I tried to start lasting the duration of april. basically, it was to create something you normally wouldn't create. Since I usually create wonderous items, i tried to create some artefacts. The problem was that I started advertising in the middle of march and I thought that everyone would remember.

No one posted anything for the event, preferring to do VT's April fools contest.

No, roderick, you do not turn super saya-jin. ever seen someone play the final level of any sonic game from number 3 onwards?

Eldritch_Ent
2007-04-22, 09:17 PM
No, roderick, you do not turn super saya-jin. ever seen someone play the final level of any sonic game from number 3 onwards?

(It's a bit of a common joke- Supersonic glows yellow, acquires an aura, spikier hair, shoots energy bolts, and is faster and stronger... Definitely some connections to draw there)

Anyway, shame your event got overshadowed, but them's the breaks. Good luck with your next one~ :smallbiggrin:

knightsaline
2007-04-22, 09:50 PM
I plan on never making new events unless VT says that he's not doing his normal monthly contests. besides, I don't have any new ideas for new events. I just wanted certain people to make something that they do not normally make, get out of the habit of making things you normally make, if you like.

I wonder who won the eternal elemental war event? i remember D1 making lots of crysmal related monsters

I know about the super sayain/ super sonic thing, its just that it gets annoying after a while. I have only seen a sonic universe character do the energy blasts thing and it isn't as impressive. i prefer chaos blast, more damage than making bolts of chaos energy fall from the sky

Maryring
2007-04-23, 06:29 AM
What about the Sol Emeralds then (from Sonic Rush)? Think you can do them? Still, I have to say that I like this. It is certainly amusing.

knightsaline
2007-04-25, 01:39 AM
Never played Sonic Rush, as I don't have a DS. You are welcome to try and make them yourself if you like.

now that I remember, when sonic goes super, he uses the positive energy of the emeralds. according to sonic X, if he uses the negative energy, he goes all black and shadowy.