PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Pathfinder Archetype: KINETIC STRIKER!

Jurai
2014-11-02, 03:23 PM
KINETIC STRIKER (Brawler Archetype)

Burn (Ex)
At 1st level, a Kinetic Striker can overexert herself to channel more power than normal, pushing past the boundaries that are safe for her body. Some of her wild talents offer her the option to accept burn in exchange for a greater effect. For each point of burn she accepts, a kineticist suffers one point of nonlethal damage per character level. This damage cannot be removed by any means without a full night’s rest. A full night’s rest removes all burn and all associated nonlethal damage. A Kinetic Striker incapable of suffering nonlethal damage cannot accept burn, and a Kinetic Striker can’t choose to accept more than 1 point of burn in a single round. This limit rises to 2 points of burn at 6th level, and it rises by 1 point of burn for every 3 levels thereafter. A Kinetic Striker can never choose to accept burn if it would put her total points of burn over her Constitution modifier + 3, though she can be forced to accept more burn from a source outside her control.

Elemental Focus (Su)
At 1st level, a kineticist chooses to focus primarily in air (aerokinesis), earth (terrakinesis), or water (hydrokinesis). Her choice of element determines how she accesses the raw power of the Ethereal Plane, and it grants her access to wild talents and additional class skills.

This ability replaces Brawler's Cunning.

Kinetic Strike (Sp)
At 1st level, a Kinetic Striker chooses one of her element’s simple blast wild talents. This simple blast wild talent cannot allow Spell Resistance. The Kinetic Striker also gains the Kinetic Fist wild talent. A Kinetic Striker's unarmed strike deals 1d6+Constitution modifier damage, and this damage does not increase with level. The Kinetic Striker can only use her simple blast in association with her Kinetic Fist wild talent. A Kinetic Striker's Kinetic Strike deals 1d6 damage at first level, and an additional die at fourth level and every fourth level afterwards.

This ability alters Unarmed Strike.

Elemental Defense (Su)
At 2nd level, a Kinetic Striker gains her element’s defense wild talent.

This ability replaces Martial Flexibility.

Wild Talent
At 2nd level and every three levels afterward, as well as 16th and 20th levels, a Kinetic Striker gains a wild talent from the list of options available based on her elemental focus and her Kinetic Striker level. Wild talents are typically spell-like abilities.
All wild talents have a required Kinetic Striker level, and most have an effective spell level. However, blast and defense wild talents are always considered to be a spell of a level equal to half the Kinetic Striker’s level (maximum 9th level at level 18). A Kinetic Striker cannot normally select blast or defense wild talents when she gains a new wild talent.
Unless otherwise noted, a wild talent’s DC is determined using the Kinetic Striker’s Constitution modifier, for a DC of 10 + the wild talent’s effective spell level + the Kinetic Striker’s Constitution modifier. The Kinetic Striker uses her Constitution modifier on all concentration checks for wild talents.

A Kinetic Striker can select only wild talents that match her element or universal wild talents. At 8th, 14th, and 20th levels, a Kinetic Striker can replace one of her wild talents with another wild talent of the same level. She can’t replace a wild talent that she used to qualify for another of her wild talents.

This ability replaces Bonus Combat Feat, Awesome Blow, and Improved Awesome Blow.

Brawler's Flurry (Ex)
A Kinetic Striker can activate any form or substance wild talents as a part of the full attack action required to use Brawler's Flurry.

This ability supplements but does not modify Brawler's Flurry.

Infusion Specialization (Ex)
At 4th, 9th, 13th, and 18th levels, a Kinetic Striker chooses either form or substance infusions. She reduces the burn cost of whichever type of infusion she selects by 1 point (to a minimum of 0 points).

This ability replaces AC Bonus.

Opinions, please?

Milo v3
2014-11-02, 08:49 PM
Why can't you punch fire?

Jurai
2014-11-03, 01:43 PM
Because fire doesn't have a face.:tongue:

No, that's only at the start. If Expanded Element is taken as a wild talent, you can take Fire, as normal.

Milo v3
2014-11-03, 07:24 PM
No, that's only at the start. If Expanded Element is taken as a wild talent, you can take Fire, as normal.

Why :smallconfused:

Kymme
2014-11-04, 08:31 AM
I feel really dumb asking this, but where are "wild talents" located, exactly? In addition, where could I find "form or substance infusions"? I'm completely unfamiliar with these terms, and I'd very much like to learn more about them.

Milo v3
2014-11-04, 06:37 PM
I feel really dumb asking this, but where are "wild talents" located, exactly? In addition, where could I find "form or substance infusions"? I'm completely unfamiliar with these terms, and I'd very much like to learn more about them.

They are from the Kineticist class from the new Pathfinder playtest that effectively makes you a character from avatar.

Kymme
2014-11-04, 06:49 PM
They are from the Kineticist class from the new Pathfinder playtest that effectively makes you a character from avatar.

Thank's muchly. I'll take a look at them, post haste!