PDA

View Full Version : My movie will be showing at Origins!

Mr Croup
2007-03-22, 09:38 AM
Okay, so I'm a little bit excited right now. I just found out that the independent film I directed will be screening at Origins this summer! This could be huge. Now, just to figure out the logistics and costs of getting up there and promoting it. It'll be my first trip up to Origins, but I understand it's huge. Anybody here regularly attend?

edit: I should probably mention the movie itself, huh? It's called Geekin' and you can check out the trailer, and some other promo videos at the website in my sig. It's a geek love story, sort of.

Also, you can see our latest project, a zombie short film titled after, at www.digitribe.net/after (http://www.digitribe.net/after).

MrsbwcMD
2007-03-22, 10:54 AM
Origins is okay. It's not as big as GenCon Indy, of course, but it has its moments. The miniatures room seems pretty popular, and because there's a large boardgaming society in Columbus, there's a great room set up to try out different types of games from their library for pretty much as long as you want (as long as you return them, of course). RPG's are big, too, of course, and one neat event they have is called "Play with the Creator," in which the creater of an RPG will lead an adventure for a certain amount of time. Most of their guests of honor are from the gaming industry (I sat in on a Q & A panel with Rich Burlew last year; it was sweet!), though, occasionally, they'll also bring in some big name media guests (like Sean Aston a couple of years ago, if I remember correctly). I spend most of my time in the exhibit hall, but the event schedule is pretty packed, too. Origins is where I first saw a screening of the Dead Gentlemen's movie, "The Gamers." Now, I'm a huge fan of theirs. I'm hoping they'll screen the sequel to the "The Gamers" this year, since I missed it at GenCon last year, due to having just delivered my son. Don't know if they'll be at the con, or not, but it would be nice to see them, again. My husband and I are planning on putting more of our gaming time and money into GenCon, this year, so I may only spend one day at Origins. Hopefully, it'll be better managed and things will be better scheduled than years past. Good luck with your movie!

Call_me_Fate
2007-03-22, 11:15 AM
HA! That trailer looked sweet! I should make a way to get to Origins this year so I can see the movie.

Mr Croup
2007-03-22, 12:27 PM
Good luck with your movie!
Thanks, and thanks for all the info.

HA! That trailer looked sweet! I should make a way to get to Origins this year so I can see the movie.

Thanks a lot. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. If you can't make it out to Origins, or just can't wait, you can always grab a dvd from the website. /shameless plug

KoDT69
2007-03-25, 12:59 AM
I never got to go to GenCon or Origins :smallfurious:

J_Muller
2007-03-25, 01:07 AM
^Ignore him.

The trailer looks very nice. I won't be at Origins, but if I have some money to buy a movie sometime, I'll consider this.

ufo
2007-03-25, 05:41 AM
Mmm.. nice trailer.

Good luck at Origins :smallbiggrin:

Mr Croup
2007-03-26, 08:12 AM
Thanks J_Muller and ufo for the encouragement!

Mr Croup
2007-03-30, 12:50 PM
Alright, so I just found out something that is quite possibly cooler than getting a screening at Origins. And that is that as of two days ago, due to the efforts of a friend of mine attending an advanced screening of Hot Fuzz, the new movie from the people that brought us Shaun of the Dead, Simon Pegg now owns a copy of my movie!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a233/johnkazuo/simonpegg.jpg

Beleriphon
2007-03-30, 10:37 PM
Alright, so I just found out something that is quite possibly cooler than getting a screening at Origins. And that is that as of two days ago, due to the efforts of a friend of mine attending an advanced screening of Hot Fuzz (http://Hot%20Fuzz), the new movie from the people that brought us Shaun of the Dead, Simon Pegg now owns a copy of my movie!

And that my friends is called networking. Now all you need to do is pass it on to some studio big wig and get the huge movie deal. Then win an Academy Award and become bigger the Spielberg!

Thats right, I said it. Bigger than Spielberg!