PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf Classic III



Pages : [1] 2 3

Blood
2007-03-22, 02:50 PM
WWCIII is starting! Please do not post here unless you are signed up for the game. The registration thread was here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33826), and we have 44 players. I will be narrating, and Goblin Music is the co-narrator. The introduction to the game and The Rules are in the registration thread, for those who wish to read them.

If you are on the registration list and have not received your role, PM me ASAP.

Another normal afternoon in Howlmoon Village for all those there. Daily business proceeds as normal; merchants sell their products, farmers tend to their fields and sell their crops, fishermen fish and hunters hunt, and Old Man Goblin Music tells his usual stories to the little ones, his back against a tree and the children sitting around him.

He tells a story of a village only a couple miles from Howlmoon, where werewolves sabotaged the villagers and conned them into hanging each other out of suspicion while killing them in the night one by one. The children stop and stare in awe as they listen, and even Blood, a merchant specializing in selling warm and fuzzy winter clothing, stops during his daily walk to listen to the terrifying story. The kids plead for more after Goblin Music reads his intro, and he grins and continues, going into detail and talking for over an hour as he talks the children and the merchant through everything that had happened. When he finished, it began to grow dark, and he ushered the children back to their respective homes.

Blood grins at Goblin Music as night falls around them. "That was some great storytelling, but where did you find that fantasy tale? Surely you didn't make it up on the spot, that would-" He suddenly stops short, a glinting metal object protruding from his throat. The old man stops and looks at Blood for a second or two, gaping with his mouth half-open in confusion, and then the object comes out the back of the throat. Blood falls to the ground, to show a pack of werewolves behind him, one with a bloody claw. Goblin Music stands there in shock, and one of the wolves remarks, "Fantasy tale? I'm insulted."

The next morning, the villagers awake to find Blood lying on the ground in front of the tree, with pools of blood all around him. Goblin Music is pinned to the tree by the arms and legs, which are tied all the way around the tree. His eyes are gouged out, and remnants of his very respected brain seem to be scattered around on the ground.

Blood and Goblin Music, the narrators, have been killed by Werewolves. Day 1 begins and will end Saturday at 4 PM EST (-5 GMT).

And we're off. You all know the rules, or, if you don't, you can check the other thread. Good luck, all! From now on, each Day will be updated every other day at 4 PM EST (-5 GMT), and each Night will be updated at the same time, but every day rather than every other day (Days have more activity than Nights). If anyone has objections, please PM me.

After being alerted to the rules of WWClassic, here are my number lists: we had 9 Werewolves (including the Devil) at the beginning of the game, and 6 Masons. Then there's the Seer, the Baner, the Fool, and everyone else is a Villager (around 25 or so Villagers).

TEAM VILLAGE WINS!

Alive (9):
Alarra
Castaras
DarkCorax
Douglas
Evnafets
Gnome Barbarian
Ink
Kantur
Korith

Dead (37, including narrators):
Blood, a narrator, was killed by Wolves on Day/Night 0.
Goblin Music, a narrator, was killed by Wolves on Day/Night 0.
Tormsskull, a Villager, was lynched on Day 1.
Supagoof, a Villager, was killed by Wolves on Night 1.
Endeavourl, a Wolf, was lynched on Day 2.
Weebl, a Mason, was auto-lynched on Day 2.
EloquentRune, a Mason, was auto-lynched on Day 2.
Purple gelatinous cube o' doom, a Mason, was auto-lynched on Day 2.
DarkLightDragon, a Villager, was auto-lynched on Day 2.
Xylric, a Villager, was auto-lynched on Day 2.
Captain van der Decken, a Villager, was auto-lynched on Day 2.
Thevorpalbunny, a Villager, was auto-lynched on Day 2.
Frigs, a Wolf, was auto-lynched on Day 2.
Eldritch Knight, a Villager, was killed by Wolves on Night 2.
Zar Peter, a Wolf, was lynched on Day 3.
No one was killed on Night 3, thanks to the Baner.
Joosbawx, a Villager, was lynched on Day 4.
Zeb the Troll, a Villager, was killed by Wolves on Night 4.
Rumda, a Villager, was lynched on Day 5.
B-man, a Villager, was auto-lynched on Day 5.
Lucky, a Villager, was auto-lynched on Day 5.
Selrahc, a Villager, was auto-lynched on Day 5.
Inky13112, a Wolf, was auto-lynched on Day 5.
Helgraf, a Villager, was killed by Wolves on Night 5.
Shadow, a Wolf, was lynched on Day 6.
No one was killed on Night 6, thanks to the Baner.
Thes Hunter, the Devil, was lynched on Day 7.
Jontom Xire, a Villager, was killed by Wolves on Night 7.
Cult_of_the_Raven, a Wolf, was lynched on Day 8.
Exachix, the Baner, was killed by Wolves on Night 8.
Gezina, a Villager, was auto-killed on Night 8.
Krursk, a Villager, was auto-killed on Night 8.
Vespe Ratavo, a Villager, was auto-killed on Night 8.
Miatog, a Mason, was auto-killed on Night 8.
Raldor, a Wolf, was lynched on Day 9.
Atreyu the Masked Llama, the Seer, was killed by Wolves (Wolf) on Night 9.
Raistlin1040, a Villager, was lynched on Day 10.
[Insert Neat Username Here], the Fool, was killed by Wolves on Night 10.
Kyrian, a (the last) Wolf, was lynched on Day 11. Villagers win!

------------------------

Complete Roles List (44):

[Insert Neat Username Here] - Fool
Alarra – Mason
Atreyu the Masked Llama – Seer
B-man - Villager
Captain van der Decken - Villager
Castaras - Villager
Cult_of_the_Raven - Wolf
DarkCorax - Villager
DarkLightDragon - Villager
Douglas - Villager
Eldritch Knight - Villager
EloquentRune - Mason
Endeavourl – Wolf
evnafets - Villager
Exachix - Baner
Frigs - Wolf
Gezina - Villager
Gnome Barbarian - Villager
Helgraf - Villager
Ink - Villager
inky13112 - Wolf
Jontom Xire - Villager
Joosbawx - Villager
Kantur – Mason
Korith - Villager
Krursk - Villager
Kyrian - Wolf
Lucky - Villager
Miatog - Mason
purple gelatinous cube o' doom - Mason
Raistlin1040 – Villager
Raldor - Wolf
Rumda - Villager
Selrahc - Villager
Shadow – Wolf
Supagoof - Villager
Thes Hunter – Devil
thevorpalbunny - Villager
Tormsskull - Villager
Vespe Ratavo – Villager
Weebl - Mason
Xylric - Villager
Zar Peter - Wolf
Zeb The Troll - Villager

Castaras
2007-03-22, 02:52 PM
Castaras goes sickly green and runs behind one of the bushes. Retching sounds can be heard, loud and clear.

Korith
2007-03-22, 03:08 PM
*Whif* Yikes! That smells nasty..

*Casts Prestidigitation to negate the smell*

Do we have an undertaker to handle this?

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-22, 03:13 PM
Oy... I just cleaned that. Bloody wolves and their messes.. I should have stayed in the monastary....

Thes Hunter
2007-03-22, 03:14 PM
At the sound of the commotion Thes stops pulling up her crab cages and comes over to see the horrifying scene.

Since her retirement from the army she has stopped wearing her sword and platemail, when she settled here in this sleepy little village. Only her military training keeps her from hitting the bushes like Castaras.

She looks around for clues on who might have caused this.

Castaras
2007-03-22, 03:16 PM
Castaras staggers out from the bushes, looking less green yet feeling very green. She tries not to retch again as she staggers over to the back of the crowd. To get the game going, she rolls for a person to question.

[roll0]

The dice land, and Castaras raises a finger and points to Supagoof.

Eh, who are you? Did you do this?

Exachix
2007-03-22, 03:33 PM
Exachix sighs and looks around.

Zar Peter
2007-03-22, 03:40 PM
Zar Peter happily opens the door of his little hut, steps out and, with a little song on his lips, is heading to work.

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day...

When he arrives at the tree and see the two bodies his face frowns.

What... what happened here? Who's that? I so liked the stories of the old man.
He takes a deep breath.
Whoever is responsible for this will taste the flavour of my axe, I swear!

Tormsskull
2007-03-22, 03:41 PM
Father T observes the grotesque scene with a face of stone. "Worry not my children, for they have passed into a better place. As the Orange Book says and so do I quoth 'Life is but a fleeting thing, carrying no more weight than a feather. Be true to Orange and thou shall recieve life everlasting'."

With that Father T's eyes fall upon Castaras. "You have no evidence upon which to make such an accusation, yet still you seek to condem this poor man to the fate of death? Games of chance are the work of the evil Purple. You aren't a follower of Purple are you?"

Tormsskull points at Castaras.

Castaras
2007-03-22, 03:42 PM
Castaras grumbles, still feeling sick and a bit green. She mutters something about first to vote first to die.

evnafets
2007-03-22, 03:48 PM
I don't think that Castaras should be punished for RANDOMLY starting the pointing. And I like the colour purple.

evnafets points at Tormsskull

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-22, 03:50 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/llamachu.gif
*From the nearby woods comes something crashing through the bushes. Everyone who hears it tenses, expecting some horrible creature, what they see may very well be a horrible creature. Its a strange horse-like creature with yellow fur and a bizarre tail. Its dragging the body of a boy about 13 years old who looks like he has been clawed and gnawed on by wild animals. The boy is obviously dead. The creature nuzzles the boy and looks to the crowd yelling "CHU! CHU! LLAMACHU!" *Its tone seems to be worried and frantic*

Kantur
2007-03-22, 03:52 PM
Now I've seen...well, maybe not everything, but a lot of strange things...

Goblin Music
2007-03-22, 04:11 PM
the ghost of GM slaps the lumber jack with a ghostly trout

Castaras
2007-03-22, 04:19 PM
Castaras sees the pikalama and points at it.

A pokemon?!?! KILL! THOSE THINGS ARE EVIL SADISTIC -

Foam appears round her mouth as she rages. The men and women in white coats carefully redirect her finger back to the one she was pointing at before. She slowly calms down.

Shadow
2007-03-22, 04:25 PM
Shadow, as he's known by the village because of the usual hours of his work, comes out of his shed at Korith's call for an undertaker. Wiping the sleep from his eyes he makes his way to the gruesome sight.
"What could have caused this? I haven't seen anything like this since I was in....

Oh, no....

Let me take a closer look....

Oh.... No....

I'm afraid that I won't be protecting the graveyard from midnight looters much in the coming days. I've seen this before. In Freeport."

The gravedigger and cemetary caretaker that the children call Shadow solemnly goes off to his shed for his shovel.

Alarra
2007-03-22, 04:48 PM
You.....you.....YOU ARE ANTI-PURPLE?!
*points at Tormsskull

Castaras
2007-03-22, 04:57 PM
Castaras looks up, insanity now gone. Carefully avoiding the pokemonllama she turns to Tormsskull.

Anti purple eh? And pointing at the first to point as well...

Points at Tormsskull.

Kantur
2007-03-22, 05:01 PM
Can we find a purple burial shroud for ironysake?

*Kantur points at Tormsskull

Rumda
2007-03-22, 05:04 PM
It seems like Tormsskull got the right idea, but he thinks too small we need to strike at the source instead of his delusional followers. Purple must die!
Rumda points at purple (gelatinous cube o' doom)

Raistlin1040
2007-03-22, 05:15 PM
Spiderman ((Just to completly screw with the Van Helsing theme)) comes out.

Blood and Goblin Music are dead? They went like heros like my Uncle Ben. Just like he used to say, with great power comes great responsibility. Now, my spider senses are tingling! Let's get Tormsskull.

Spiderman points at Tormsskull.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-22, 05:28 PM
(sigh...okay, I've got guests coming into town tonight then I'm heading out for the weekend. Not sure if I'll get to post, so I'm posting now and that'll be it for me for a bit.)

*The pokemon starts dragging the body of its trainer into the town, bleating for some help. Whenever Castaras hollers evil things at it, it starts to spark, but soon stops as it doesn't have the energy. It continues to drag the body to the building it thinks may be a hospital, as it passes (ummmm....)Korith it bleats in an angry tone*

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-22, 05:40 PM
Raldor the shrubber steps into the clearing.

Who ruined my shrubberies!!! And... ewwwwwwww.

Raldor lurches to the side and vomits towards a shrub.

Yech, but at least it does help fertilize the shrubs.

Raldor turns to Tormsskull.

You dare to insult the almighty Purple? Death to the orange worshiper!

Raldor points a twig at Tormsskull

He then begins pruning a shrub far away from the gore.

(( I hate day 1, but maybe this is the game we get a wolf/pirate/mafia/Paladin/alien on day 1 and then there will be much rejoicing! It's gotta happen sometime! ))

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-22, 05:40 PM
First Vampires. Now Werewolves. Why me? Oh well..... I may be just a friar, but even I know wolves hunt in packs... And he seems as much of a threat as anybody.

EK points at Tormskull

(Most main characters are still available, if you want in on the Van Helsing theme)

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-22, 06:49 PM
Vespe teleports into the town square. Hmm... it appears my spells are on the fritz again. I said 5995.583583, not 5995.583584... ah well. Saves the trouble from walking all three feet from my house. He starts eating some potato soup and bread. You all are making far too many accusations far too quickly. Now, here are the qualities of a Werewolf. *pulls out chart*
*They're hairy, so we should point at people with long hair.
*They're always hungry, so we should point at people who eat.
*They're wolves, so we should point at nature loving types, like elves.... wait a minute...
*hurriedly packs away chart*
Er.. disregard everything I just said. He runs back into his house.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-22, 07:25 PM
From roads a stranger with a brimmed hat with long hair coming out of the back and a long trenchcoat walks in taking a quick survey of the surrounding area. He has a chain with a cross around his neck, a crossbow by his side and a sword sheathed on his back.

"It seems to me that you have a werewolf problem. I'm something you might call an expert in those areas."

With that he looks around the dead bodies for clues.

Endeavourl
2007-03-22, 08:31 PM
Endeavourl sets off for the marketplace, his cart full of fresh picked vegetables to sell at his humble veggie stall.

As he approaches the center of town, he sees the crowd of villagers gathered around, some with faces painted with horror, others pointing and shouting.

I wonder what the occasion is Endeavourl wonders.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-22, 08:31 PM
raven, a cheese salesman this time, pops out of her shop. Noticing that her good friend, goblin music, is dead, she quickly bursts into tears. If only i wasn't fresh out of wensleydale! He would still be alive! she notices people jumping on a bandwagon. she points her finger. Kantur! you are suspicious! you joined the bandwagon right at prime werewolf-voting position! I know this from my good friend - the storyteller who is now dead. what do you have to say in your defense?

Raistlin1040
2007-03-22, 08:37 PM
Spiderman begins web-swinging.

Tormsskull
2007-03-22, 08:50 PM
(sigh...okay, I've got guests coming into town tonight then I'm heading out for the weekend. Not sure if I'll get to post, so I'm posting now and that'll be it for me for a bit.)


((Muuuhaaaa, if you only knew the power of being able to get yourself lynched when you know you are going to be going out of town :P See ya tomorrow sometime :P))

B-Man
2007-03-22, 08:51 PM
Crap! A werewolf attack!

{key 69}
idchoppers
iddqd
idkfa

or if that doesn't work:
{ALT + CTRL + key 69}
give all
god

Now that I'm equipped for battle, it's time to try and meet up with the Bravo team...

* B-Man points at Lucky.

Zeb The Troll
2007-03-22, 10:29 PM
Zeb, a large fellow with a distinctly stoney appearance and a thick gravelly voice and the town weaponsmith, walks out of his smithy into the crisp morning air to see what all the fuss is about.

What he sees disappoints him. He's seen this sort of carnage before, but not since he left Midgard after the war.

I thought I'd seen the last of this sort of business.

He notices Thes's composure and wonders if it's because of her training or because this isn't the first time she's looked on this morning's mess. He decides to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Thes, lass, looks like it may be time to knock loose the moth balls from your battle gear.

He takes one final look around for anything suspicious. Unfortunately, he knows how clever these fell beasts can be and doesn't expect to see much so soon after making their presence known. While walking back to his shop to start working on some specialized gear for the situation, he glances back over his shoulder and makes one last comment.

I'll be keeping my eyes on all of you. This madness needs to stop before it spreads. Especially you, trouble maker. Now is not the time to be starting a bunch of guff based on a difference of opinion.

He eyes Tormsskull but keeps his pointing to himself for now.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-03-22, 10:48 PM
*Points at Tormsskull*
There has to be something wrong with someone who hates a color. We should eliminate him to avoid his deranged votes later.

Helgraf
2007-03-22, 11:23 PM
Old man Helgraf - every village has one like him, some have more - looks over the crowd, chews his tebaccy a little longer, then * spits it out at the feet of Tormskull *

"Dag blang blast it I don't know if'n you're a monsterous wolf or not, but I'm all fer getting this first night business over with chop chop!"

Zar Peter
2007-03-23, 02:53 AM
Zar Peter, the lumberjack, shudders.

I have the strange feeling someone has slapped me. And it's smelling like fish.
Anyway, I love the color purple, so you are very suspicious, Tormskull
((After my early lynch in Pirates and the long begin of Alien, this is my first vote in an WW game. I'm so exited))

Zar Peter points at Tormskull

Jontom Xire
2007-03-23, 03:37 AM
I don't think Tormsskull is a wolf. The odds are against it.

I think Castaras is supicious. For a start I'm sure she's keeping quite a lot of gold for herself and paying the dukes with fewer nobles the same amount as those with more...Oops - wrong game.

Ah well.

Jontom points at Castaras

evnafets
2007-03-23, 05:02 AM
Yeah, too many on the band wagon too quickly for Tormsskull to be a wolf.
Cult of the Raven pointed at Kanturfor doing the "sweet spot" fourth vote on the bandwagon. Lets see if there is anything to that theory.

evnafets points at Kantur

InaVegt
2007-03-23, 05:07 AM
Gezina enters the square

I prophesied this, doom is upon us! No villager will survive, give in to the darkness and not die a horrible death!

A man in doctor's clothing walks up behind Gezina.

Now, don't make the children afraid, Gezina. Why don't you come back to the clinic and talk to me about it, eh?

But doom is upon us, the village must be told!

Tell me all about it and I'll tell the village, kay?

Yes, doctor Strin

As Gezina and doctor Strin walk back to the clinic Gezina points at Castaras

Lucky
2007-03-23, 06:38 AM
Oh no! We're under attack! Return fire!

*Points at B-man

Korith
2007-03-23, 07:26 AM
Hmm...

Thes Hunter, j'accuse

She seems too calm about this. Military training or not, her reaction seems to rub me the wrong way.

Supagoof
2007-03-23, 09:39 AM
A large man waring a ragged old overcoat and a hat wanders into the town. His walk has a limp to it, as if every movement was painful. Under thr brim of his hat, a glow of green eminates. His breathing is heavy as it is whispy, like using a pair of old bellows to pump air.

Ha raises his finger and points at Castaras.

A close observer can see that the finger is stitched on.

((Castaras is usually the first to point in every game....I would have thought she'd know better by now, but maybe she does and thinks no one notices, and uses it to her advantage.))

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-23, 09:51 AM
His attention is quickly brought to the large man who has just walked into town. Quickly he recognizes the man for who he is but does not say a word about it. He looks around a bit...

"So you choose to fight these demons this way..."

*Gnome Barbarian points at Castaras

"I prefer a fair fight however if this is how it is done in this village then I will join in to ferret out the werewolves. What happened to the days of werewolves attacking instead of sneaking around the night."

Ink
2007-03-23, 09:55 AM
((Rats, I didn't realise the game had started.))

Er... I point at B-Man

Joosbawx
2007-03-23, 10:24 AM
Hmmm...not sure whom to trust here at all, so I will go with my gut.

Joosbawx points to Castaras.

Endeavourl
2007-03-23, 10:35 AM
Endeavourl doesn't trust the first to point. Oh, no, I doubt that was truly a random pick.

Endeavourl points to Castaras

Castaras
2007-03-23, 10:39 AM
(( I point first every game since no-one else points. I like to get the game moving and the pointing and defences started. And I really can't think of how to put this in character, so maybe I'll edit this later. ))

Castaras turns to look at Supagoof, still feeling a little queasy.

Hmm...so you accuse me of pointing first. A valid opinion, but, if we accuse the first to point all the time, the wolves would never post first, wouldn't they? Therefore, I did what I and my counterparts in the parallel universes do, and pointed first, to start the ball rolling. I mean, if we don't, then we will never root these wolves out.

She thinks for a moment.

Or maybe you're pointing at me because when I rolled it came up with your name, hmm? For the moment, I won't point at you again Supagoof. For the moment. I'm watching you though, you seem suspicious.

Selrahc
2007-03-23, 11:12 AM
Poor Castaras.

*Waits by the gallows for a corpse to eat*(Zombie not wolf)

While I'm waiting I may as well point at the one that looks juciest... hmmm...

*Points to the Llamachu*

that one looks tasty.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-23, 11:33 AM
I didn't realise Castaras had voted first. I voted for her because of this...


Castaras looks up, insanity now gone. Carefully avoiding the pokemonllama she turns to Tormsskull.

Anti purple eh? And pointing at the first to point as well...

Points at Tormsskull.

Castaras
2007-03-23, 11:37 AM
Oh. So you pointed at me, because I pointed at Tormsskull? :smallconfused:

Thes Hunter
2007-03-23, 11:41 AM
(( Going out of town so I guess I should point now, or forever hold my piece (http://www.under-the-gun.net/images/guns/guns_385x261.jpg), or was that peace? I don't know, I always get those confused. ))


(( Also not really in character, since I don't have time to do one in character responding the Zed and everyone.

I agree with everyone who says that Castaras isn't likely to be a wolf, because she always does this.

I also think that Tormskull isn't likely to be a wolf.


Therefore I will pick randomly:

[roll0]



Mah. Wouldn't you know it. My random roll would pick one of the two people I said I didn't think were just based on their behavior, i.e. Castaras being the 6th one down from the top of the list.


And Tormskull is the 6th one from the bottom of the list. This has a conspiracy written all over it. :biggrin:

Castaras
2007-03-23, 11:48 AM
Now that is funny. :smalltongue:

You've just been had by fate. :smallwink:

Supagoof
2007-03-23, 12:00 PM
Supagoof turns and spots a bandwagon forming.

Unnnggghhh!

He lowers his fingers from Castaras, and instead points to Gnome Barbarian.

((Nope, had nothing to do with that Castaras. Had to do with people jumping on a bandwagon after you. And since the same can now be said about me, seems like silly logic to use to continue pointing. So now I point at Gnome Barbarian to assist him with his streak.

And everyone is suspiscious! At least until some logic formulates around voting patterns and what not.))

DarkCorax
2007-03-23, 12:21 PM
Corax flies in and lands near by. "Gah... thats disgusting!" I have no idea who has done this and most bandwagons at the start are unfounded, so I'm just going to point at some random person...

[roll0]

*Points at Kantur*

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-23, 12:21 PM
After the big man points at him he walks over to him with his hat still pulled down over his face a little...

"Hows everything holding together?"

He then picks his hat up revealing his face to the pieced together giant.

Shadow
2007-03-23, 12:22 PM
(I hate the first day.)

Shadow points at Vespe Ratavo because brussel sprouts smell bad.

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-23, 12:26 PM
Hmmm.... For lack of evidence, and just because I don't trust him in the slightest.

EK points at Korith

Thes Hunter
2007-03-23, 12:49 PM
Ok we will try this one more time:

[roll0]

** Points at Krusk **


Huzzah! Fate you're not the master of me!

*gets hit by a falling rock*

Joosbawx
2007-03-23, 01:23 PM
"Actually, I'm probably expected to do this, so I'll switch my vote."

Joosbawx points to Jontom Xire.

Supagoof
2007-03-23, 01:31 PM
NooOO!

Supagoofenstein holds his hands up around his face to mask the horror. The top of his head is a clear sewn on piece of glass. Inside it you can see the brains housed, surrounded by a glowing green liquid.

douglas
2007-03-23, 02:08 PM
A wolf walks down the street, pondering who might be a despicable paladin of the squad blocking the moon's power

Oh wait, wrong game.

Douglas whistles nonchalantly as he looks around at the gathered townsfolk until his eyes spot the bizzare-looking llama. "GAH! Will I never be free of that atrocity that is Pokemon??! Kill it!"

*points at Atreyu*

Blood
2007-03-23, 02:20 PM
Hmm, it seems that my weekend will be rather busy. I'll end Day 1 today, and just end Night 1 as close to tomorrow at 4 PM EST as I can.

Blood
2007-03-23, 02:24 PM
The crowd leads Tormsskull to the gallows. Shouting is heard, like "purple-hater!" and "kill the wolf!" The executioner quickly ties up Tormsskull, and slips the rope around his neck. Tormsskull, who seems a little indifferent about the whole affair, just hopes his Purple-hating God of Orange will still like him when he's dead. Then he's lifted into the air, and his train of thought is cut short, like .... well, like his brain had just stopped working. After a few minutes of waiting, Tormsskull does not transform.

Summary: Tormsskull was lynched; he was a Villager. Night 1 ends tomorrow at (around) 4 PM EST. Wolves, send me your kill, and other special roles also send me your specifications.

Helgraf
2007-03-23, 03:24 PM
Yay, Day 1 is over. Let the slandering accusations begin!

Selrahc
2007-03-23, 03:27 PM
Hmmm... Nobodies using that body anymore yeah? Feeling a bit peckish.

And hey, if I don't eat it, the wolves probably will. Just think of it as a very wierd form of body disposal...

Blood
2007-03-23, 05:46 PM
Just a note: There is a schedule: Days are two real-life days long, from yesterday at 4 PM EST to tomorrow at 4 PM EST. Nights are one real-life day long, from yesterday at 4 PM EST to today at 4 PM EST. However, I cut off Day 1 to just one real-life day, because first of all Day 1 is no fun, and because I'll be busy tomorrow. I will try to go from Night 1 to Day 2 tomorrow, and then Night 2 on Monday, and so forth.

Edit: Also, if you want to write your own death scene, PM it to me. Although if you're being eaten, we have to let the wolves write it. :smallwink:

Raistlin1040
2007-03-23, 10:51 PM
Spiderman curses and web-slings to his house.
Purple and orange. At least there's no Green (Goblin).

Exachix
2007-03-24, 02:04 AM
Exachix sighs and heads to his home.

InaVegt
2007-03-24, 01:33 PM
Gezina talks with her doctor till 9 PM, then she goes to bed.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-24, 01:39 PM
Vespe puts on a magic show for the little ones to calm them down, however he is slightly stressed out by the attack of the Werewolves and accidentally pulls a wolf out of his hat. The children run away. Vespe teleports away quickly.

Blood
2007-03-24, 04:13 PM
((Again, sorry I'm late, I was busy. Here's the first attack, written mostly by the wolves.))

The villagers awake to a clear day, and find no one dead - yet. They go to Town Square, expecting the first wolf attack, and instead find a small note.

Thank you for the tasty meal.
It was fun breaking him into pieces.
A string is seen attached to the note. It leads into the woods a short distance away. As some villagers follow the string, they realize it is thread. It begins to angle upward, and chunks of bloody flesh dangle from the thread with a putrid stench. The thread ends strung up to a tree, and under the tree they find a pile of limbs, organs, and flesh, no longer stitched together as they once were. Teeth marks cover the mangled portion of the body left for the villagers to find as if the corpse was used as a chew toy for a pit bull. The body is barely recognizable, but some do eventually realize who is missing - Supagoof. Supagoofenstein has been dismantled and returned to the grave yet again.

Summary: Supagoof, a Villager, was killed by Wolves. Night 1 ends. Day 2 begins, and will end Monday at 4 PM EST.

Castaras
2007-03-24, 04:15 PM
Castaras looks up at the body, and starts to go green again. She looks away, clutching at her stomach.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-24, 05:33 PM
Raldor doesn't follow the string with the rest of the crowd.

I remember Goblin Music's stories, this type of thing always ended up being excessively gory.

When the crowd gets back and he hears who last nights victim was he gets really scared.

They got that big scary guy! He was really big, and scary and like, half dead! I thought he coulda fought them off with one limb detatched.

Raldor the shrubber plants some small rose bushes near wherever they will bury the remains of the kind monster Supagoofenstein.

I gotta figure out that wolvesbane plant I've heard so much about. I'm sure it has unexplored curb appeal attributes as well!

Castaras
2007-03-24, 05:35 PM
Castaras closes her eyes, swaying slightly.

That was...revolting. Who would do such a thing?

Supagoof
2007-03-24, 06:51 PM
I just wanted to LIIIIIIIIVE! Supagoofeinstein's ghostly voice is heard howling through the winds and the tree-tops.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-24, 07:54 PM
Van Helsing walks over to the remanents of supagoofeinsteins monster. He sprinkles some holy water over the dead body.

"May this soul created from evil but living through good rest in peace."

He then starts to get all the pieces together for a proper burial.

Goblin Music
2007-03-24, 07:58 PM
w00t that rocks

Raistlin1040
2007-03-24, 08:05 PM
Spiderman looks sadly at the ground.
He was a true hero. Almost as true as me.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-24, 08:49 PM
Raven the cheese salesman shakes her head slowly. I'm sure that Cheddar could have saved him..

Goblin Music
2007-03-24, 09:17 PM
Do you have any swiss? Miss?

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-24, 09:31 PM
oh, sorry. won't get another shipment of that until tuesday. never have any this time of the week.

Goblin Music
2007-03-24, 10:02 PM
*bang* (shot with a ghostly bullet... MP reference!)

Alarra
2007-03-24, 11:57 PM
(awwwww.....poor goof)

Ink
2007-03-25, 12:27 AM
"Hmm, I think Vespe looks a bit shady."

* Ink points at Vespe Ratavo

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 12:37 AM
Me? And no evidence? Just "I look shady?"
Vespe steps out of the shade.
What about now? He smirks a little. Bah. Believe what you want to believe. I personally am not accusing anyone until I get some cold hard proof. Or someone else with some substantial charisma or ability to beat me up if I don't agree with them points at someone. Until then, I say...potatoes anyone? He pulls out a cart of potatoes. Bard Potatoes! Free today!

inky13112
2007-03-25, 01:42 AM
Beats up Vespe, tells him to point at the potatoes.

The potatoes did it!

Shadow
2007-03-25, 03:24 AM
Shadow comes home from work way too late... er... I mean comes out of his house to find a group of people gathered around the tree.
When he gets to there to see what all the commotion is he reels with terror at the sight.
As the gravedigger/groudskeeper turns around to head back for his shovel you can hear him muttering under his breath about the long days ahead of him.

Castaras
2007-03-25, 05:10 AM
Castaras closes her eyes and leans against a tree, looking away from the body.

We have nothing to go on, nothing at all, therefore I will point at [roll0] Douglas.

InaVegt
2007-03-25, 05:18 AM
Gezina wanders around the town square, looking her usual self.

Doom will come, the black skinned and white haired are the aggressors, as the prophecy has told!

Gezina points at Castaras

Castaras
2007-03-25, 05:26 AM
But I am not black skinned, see? I am grey skinned. It is said in a book of prophecies that the grey skinned and pointy eared will be the ones who help save the crowds from destruction.

Castaras closes her eyes, still feeling a bit queasy.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-25, 07:20 AM
"Actually, I'm probably expected to do this, so I'll switch my vote."

Joosbawx points to Jontom Xire.

Please can we have a game without that?

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-25, 07:32 AM
Well, with nothing better to go on, I'll trust Castaras' dice, or rather the forums die roller.

Raldor points at Douglas

I'm certainly willing to hear any great insights that anyone has.

Alarra
2007-03-25, 07:44 AM
Please can we have a game without that?

That'd be like a game without llama pointing at exachix. Come on, have a little fun already.

Korith
2007-03-25, 09:06 AM
We've already got a game where joosbawx wasn't killed by the wolves on the first pass...so sorry, we just can't make any more allowances for strange exceptions.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 09:29 AM
All right....the squirrel beat me up, so... *points at his potatoes* I'm sorry potatoes....wait a minute. You can't hang potatoes. They're already dead! *removes point from poatoes*

douglas
2007-03-25, 09:39 AM
"I'm no wolf. How dare you accuse me with so little evidence?!"

*Douglas points at Castaras*

Lucky
2007-03-25, 10:50 AM
Well, let us learn from the passed...

*Points at Douglas

douglas
2007-03-25, 10:57 AM
((Geeze, this is only my second Werewolf game, and I got killed in the first pretty early already. Would you mind giving me a chance to actually live long enough for things to get interesting? Lynching someone so new to the game based entirely on a random die roll seems a little bit cruel to me.))

Castaras
2007-03-25, 11:00 AM
(( I didn't know you were new. I was just going by the roll. ))

douglas
2007-03-25, 11:10 AM
((That doesn't change that A) you have no evidence and B) you can change your vote at any time until the deadline. How about this one: [roll0]?))

Edit: While counting down the list on the first post, I noticed that you both had one too many sides on your die and miscounted. 9th in the list in DarkLightDragon, so your bandwagon is based on a poorly done die roll combined with bad counting. I suppose the d43 might be excused by Blood not having updated that list yet when you made the roll, but that doesn't change that I'm number 10 on the list. Anyway, number 20 is:

*Douglas points at Ink*

Castaras
2007-03-25, 11:12 AM
(( The way you're desperatly trying to change the vote is suspicious. Bluntly. Once again, I'm sorry if you are a villager, and it was your second game. But I'm sticking with my beginning choice. ))

douglas
2007-03-25, 11:20 AM
((So trying to stop a bandwagon against myself before it gets out of hand is suspicious? What kind of logic is that?))

Castaras
2007-03-25, 11:23 AM
(( It's more of the ferocity you're going about with. ))

Blood
2007-03-25, 12:00 PM
I suppose the d43 might be excused by Blood not having updated that list yet when you made the roll
Hey, don't blame me. You shouldn't be rolling to vote. :smalltongue:


((So trying to stop a bandwagon against myself before it gets out of hand is suspicious? What kind of logic is that?))
You say you're new, so I'll tell you this now: in the first 2-3 days of Werewolf games, there is very little logic at all. Since voting patterns haven't really been established yet, and the Seer hasn't been able to scry a lot yet, no one can be sure about anything. So everyone jumps on every little thing, and it doesn't always end up being logical. :smallbiggrin:

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-03-25, 12:49 PM
w00t that rocks
So, a villager dies and "that rocks?" That sounds like something a wolf would say.
*Points at Goblin Music*
EDIT: *[Insert neat villagername] here lowers his finger, embarrassed, when he realizes that GM is a narrator and dead anyway*
*Points at douglas instead*
((Get used to it. Illogical bandwagons are always present on the first few days. The first time I played, I tried to use logic early on and got killed for it.))

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 12:51 PM
i am dead young man! and i was referring to Van Helsing

Selrahc
2007-03-25, 01:09 PM
Meh.
*Points at Douglas*

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-25, 01:11 PM
Wow, Douglas is right, he isn't number 9. Well, if I'm going to follow someone's random die roll I might as well get it right, besides, I do kinda feel sorry for the guy.

Raldor points at DarkLightDragon (the real #9)

I suppose it's possible that this was somehow intentional on Castaras' part. I'll follow the die for now, but I'll keep an eye on Cas.

Castaras
2007-03-25, 01:13 PM
(( I got it as #9 because I wasn't counting myself. ))

Shadow
2007-03-25, 01:21 PM
The old, filthy gravdigger returns from the cemetary with his shovel. Without any evidence yet, he points at EloquentRune, who seems to be missing as of yet, but mainly because he can't read Runes. In fact, the stupid old man can't read at all. That's why he's the gravedigger.

Zar Peter
2007-03-25, 01:30 PM
The lumberjack stands by the blood stained tree.
It's a shame. Two good villagers and this salesman lost. These beasts! If I knew who they are I would cut their throat in one clean slash with my axe. But there are some villagers who didn't say a word about this mess. I think that this is very suspicious.

Zar Peter points at thevorpalbunny

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 01:37 PM
((OMG what a MP reference))

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 01:47 PM
Everyone! Werewolves are allergic to potatoes! I say we force everyone in the village to eat a potato! Anti-Wolf-Taters! One gold a piece! Protect yourself from the Werewolves, at an affordable price!

DarkCorax
2007-03-25, 01:51 PM
"Hmmm... anti-werewolf potatoes... Thats a new one, but better safe than sorry." *Buys a potato*

*Points at DLD*

Zeb The Troll
2007-03-25, 01:52 PM
Noticing the bickering starting amongst the townsfolk, Zeb decides that he's going to look for something a little more substantial than a die roll.

I gotta say, this is turning ugly fast. Can't say I'm surprised, though. At this point, because of your haste for violence, I point at you, Castaras.

With that unsettling task now done, Zeb heads back to his shop to start thinking about designing a memorial that will honor both those who have fallen needlessly and those once respected who were turned down this gruesome path.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 01:57 PM
Pleasure doing business with you sir.
Vespe hammers together a couple of tables and chairs.
The Anti Werewolf Restaurant! Potato soup, fire balled fries, grits, hash browns, and of course, a potato on every table to keep the Werewolves away! We use Wolfsbane for parsley! Get 'em before they get you!

Castaras
2007-03-25, 02:00 PM
I gotta say, this is turning ugly fast. Can't say I'm surprised, though. At this point, because of your haste for violence, I point at you, Castaras.

It is more of a haste to route these wolves from the village, but yeh, believe what you wish.

Castaras turns and goes to her house for food.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-25, 02:02 PM
Spiderman webslings down the town square.
Douglas hmm? He is very suspicious. As much as the Green Goblin even.
Spiderman points at douglas.

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 02:03 PM
(hum interesting no one has pointed saying _____ I Chose You!)

douglas
2007-03-25, 02:38 PM
If you're going to follow the die roll bandwagon, go for the actual #9, DarkLightDragon. I'm fairly sure she's been playing these games long enough that missing out on this one won't be a big deal. In fact, I think I'll do that myself, since my die roll hasn't gained any followers. *points at DarkLightDragon*

If you're going to say I'm suspicious, would you mind explaining why I'm suspicious just for trying to defend myself?

Endeavourl
2007-03-25, 03:21 PM
Everyone! Werewolves are allergic to potatoes! I say we force everyone in the village to eat a potato! Anti-Wolf-Taters! One gold a piece! Protect yourself from the Werewolves, at an affordable price!


Are they really?

Endeavourl makes a note to plant some potatos beside his vegetable plot.

Douglass does seem a tad suspicious. Endeavourl points at Douglass

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 03:34 PM
Vespe notices everyone pointing at Douglas. Let's make him eat a potato! Vespe takes a potato and shoves it in Douglas' mouth.

douglas
2007-03-25, 04:02 PM
Douglas takes the potato and disappears into his house for a bit. He comes out later holding a plate piled with fresh french fries. In between munching on them he says, "Why thank you, good sir. These are delicious." After a brief pause, he announces "Free samples for all! I have ketchup, mustard, cheese, chili, salt, pepper, and just about any other topping/dipping you might want. If the reception is good enough, I might just go into business making these. Oh, and I'm terribly sorry, but I don't do business, free samples or otherwise, with those accusing me of being one of those despicable werewolves."

Blood
2007-03-25, 04:43 PM
Please point at somebody this Day if you have not already! If you didn't point at anybody on Day 1, and don't point at anybody by tomorrow at 4 PM EST, you get an auto-lynch!

Also, Krursk has PMed me saying that he'll be out for about five days. He will not be autolynched during this time.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-25, 04:46 PM
(( I got it as #9 because I wasn't counting myself. ))

I suppose that makes sense. I'm still going to give the poor guy a break. Besides, he's serving a delightful smelling dish that I don't believe I have ever tried before!

Raldor tries some of these "french fries" with some of the cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper. [Insert munching noises here]

These are quite good! I think you're on to something here. I hope you live long enough to perfect the idea!

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-25, 05:01 PM
Llamachu, I chose you!


(but had Second thoughts.)

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 05:16 PM
Hmm... I'm suspicious. He disappeared while he was making them! He could have changed them...

*points at douglas*

I don't need your stinkin' french fries. I got my own. *munchmunchmunchmunch* And I have ROFLMAYO with mine. Also, what's a french?

evnafets
2007-03-25, 05:18 PM
The only reason people are pointing at Douglas is because Castaras rolled him randomly on her pick, and he has defended himself?
Scratches head.

Come one we can do better than a random guess on day2.
Not much better, but a little better.

Tormsskull was lynched, he was a villager.
There would probably have been 1-2 wolves among the votes to lynch Tormsskull.
Those voting for Tormsskull
[Insert Neat Username Here]
Alarra
Castaras
Helgraf
Kantur
Raistlin1040
Raldor
Zar Peter

However the wolves wouldn't vote as a pack, they would spread around a little. Some here, some there, some not voting.
I am guessing at least one wolf pointed at Castaras:

Pointed at Castaras yesterday:
Endeavourl
Gezina
Gnome Barbarian
Jontom Xire
(Tormsskull)

There would have been a couple of random votes by wolves.
Some wolves wouldn't have voted.

Pointing at Douglas so far today
[Insert Neat Username Here]
Castaras
Endeavourl
Lucky
Raistlin1040
Selrahc

Cross-referencing these lists, Castaras, Raistlin and Endeavourl all show up twice. I'm discounting Castaras, because the reason she shows up on these lists is her "random pick"

I'm going to go with Endeavourl.

evnafets points at Endeavourl

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 05:23 PM
Good enough for me.
*Points at Endeavourl*

Kyrian
2007-03-25, 05:24 PM
Llamachu! I CHOOSE YOU!!

((Sorry, been gone and just want to make GM happy :-) ))

Rumda
2007-03-25, 05:25 PM
You can't draw any conclusions from two days voting so
I point at Evnafets

B-Man
2007-03-25, 06:13 PM
I can draw conclusions from two days of voting... and the conclusion is I'm delusional!

* B-Man points at Lucky.


((@V w00t! But! But! Why is Naruto in his older form? And... and... WHY IS IT SUPER AWESOME?!!))

Raistlin1040
2007-03-25, 06:18 PM
Douglas takes the potato and disappears into his house for a bit. He comes out later holding a plate piled with fresh french fries. In between munching on them he says, "Why thank you, good sir. These are delicious." After a brief pause, he announces "Free samples for all! I have ketchup, mustard, cheese, chili, salt, pepper, and just about any other topping/dipping you might want. If the reception is good enough, I might just go into business making these. Oh, and I'm terribly sorry, but I don't do business, free samples or otherwise, with those accusing me of being one of those despicable werewolves."
Spiderman steals a fry using his webslinging powers.


((B-man! Check the first spoiler in my sig.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-25, 09:39 PM
*The llamachu leaves the body of his trainer at the door of the Inn and lets out a horrible bleat filled with anguish and sadness* "LLAMACHUUUUUUU!"

*He places his hooves on the body, electricity starts shouting from the pokemon into the corpse of his beloved trainer*


(Sucking up to the GM eh Kyrian? Well I'll point at Eloluquent Rune because its been a shocking busy weekend and a hellacious long day with no sleep and I don't wanna bandwagon or rationalize.)

inky13112
2007-03-25, 09:43 PM
Douglas I really don't like your argument. You say you want to actually play the game. Well guess what, you are. Lynching is the whole point of this game. Don't complain about not playing the game if your unwilling to actually accept what happens as a common facet of it. Second you shouldn't try and become part of the fun and games by saying hey I'm new you shouldn't kill me or involve me because of that. For one thing your intentionally alienating yourself from the rest of the people playing by saying I'm new and your not, me and any other new people are this group and veterans are this group, we are seperate, and we new people should be treated like where not here. Thats not getting integrated, thats being a bystander but then saying you were part of the game. Likewise your making it so others have to ignore you and pretend your not there, just to avoid upsetting you because your "new" and therefore should be treated like some invincible royalty figure. Also I've never liked people trying to use guilt as an argument. You say you want people to use logic instead of being random, and then you go and make an ethos argument, completely unbased on logic in any way, in an attempt to guilt people into pointing at someone else, and whats worse its working. Now I'm not saying pointing randomly is a good thing, OR that then bandwagoning the random point is good either, but the argument you have made I simply do not like.

I point at Douglas.

In addition, after you were pointed at, you went crazy defending yourself. No one protests like the one with something to hide. Not only do i think your a wolf, but I think your a wolf who makes annoying arguments. :smallannoyed:

douglas
2007-03-25, 10:11 PM
Douglas I really don't like your argument. You say you want to actually play the game. Well guess what, you are. Lynching is the whole point of this game. Don't complain about not playing the game if your unwilling to actually accept what happens as a common facet of it.
It's a game. The point of any game is to have fun. It's hard to have fun if you're kicked out when it's barely even started.


Second you shouldn't try and become part of the fun and games by saying hey I'm new you shouldn't kill me or involve me because of that. ... Likewise your making it so others have to ignore you and pretend your not there, just to avoid upsetting you because your "new" and therefore should be treated like some invincible royalty figure.
In my experience with games in general, it's usually considered polite to "go easy on the new guy" for a while. Not for the whole game, just long enough that he isn't quite so new any more. I'm not asking for invincibility or to be completely ignored, I'd just like to stay around long enough that logic actually has enough evidence to do a minimal amount of work with. If you have some actual evidence against me, fine. I'll try to refute it, but I won't grumble too much if I get lynched for a non-random argument that isn't "he defended himself too strongly".


Also I've never liked people trying to use guilt as an argument. You say you want people to use logic instead of being random, and then you go and make an ethos argument, completely unbased on logic in any way, in an attempt to guilt people into pointing at someone else, and whats worse its working. Now I'm not saying pointing randomly is a good thing, OR that then bandwagoning the random point is good either, but the argument you have made I simply do not like.
In retrospect, I'm really wishing I'd just posted a simple "I'm not #9, DLD is" statement, but I didn't notice that until I'd already made my post with my random roll in it.


No one protests like the one with something to hide.
Or the one who know exactly how unstoppable bandwagons can get with even a fairly small number of votes from having read through two (I think) WW games that were already in progress when I discovered them.

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-25, 11:05 PM
Douglas, you've used the same argument I tried in WWCII. It didn't work, and it's not going to work for you, either. Attempting to argue for a 'fair' game is a good way to put up warning flags in people's minds.

EK points at Douglas

evnafets
2007-03-25, 11:21 PM
You can't draw any conclusions from two days voting so
I point at Evnafets

I agree that you can't pull any certain conclusions from two days 1 1/2 days of voting. But we can still do better than rolling a die and picking someone at random, which is exactly what happened today.

I hate pointing at random. I like to find a justification of some sort.
Personally I think we should also suspect people who vote for someone out of the blue just because "They always do" eg - Atreyu -> exachix. Yes its gotten to be a bit of a joke, but what better camouflage for a wolf?

Miatog
2007-03-25, 11:25 PM
[]gah! I missed the start! Ok, for this I'm going to try and do Richard from LFG.[]

Richard listens to everyone. "Eh, someone needs to die right? I say we kill him, that evanfets guy makes an argument." Note nothing was said about if the argument was good or not. At any rate, Richard points at Endeavourl

douglas
2007-03-25, 11:38 PM
Douglas, you've used the same argument I tried in WWCII. It didn't work, and it's not going to work for you, either.
As I recall (that's one of the games I've read through), there was a certain other issue involved there that simply isn't present here.


Attempting to argue for a 'fair' game is a good way to put up warning flags in people's minds.
Why? What makes wolves any more likely than anyone else to ask for fairness?

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-25, 11:51 PM
Van Helsing has a weird look on his face

"Werewolves are not allergic to potatoes."

He looks around at the villagers.

Gnome Barbarian points at Endeavourl

((Douglas don't feel bad about being lynched I got first lynch/eating 3 games in a row and I have been playing for awhile. Also Joosbawx got the same treatment for the first few werewolf games ever.))

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-26, 12:01 AM
As I recall (that's one of the games I've read through), there was a certain other issue involved there that simply isn't present here.


Why? What makes wolves any more likely than anyone else to ask for fairness?

The other issue? Yes, that was there. However, I've observed that the people who attempt to prove their innocence by arguing about the 'funness' of the game more often than not have something to hide. For example, I'm not the only person to have tried that method of arguing. (granted, this was in a RL game, but the points the same.) In the majority of cases those who were saying 'the games not being fun anymore', were in fact the ones who had the biggest reasons to hide.

Endeavourl
2007-03-26, 01:23 AM
Endeavourl sees people pointing at him, and runs off into his veggie stall to hide.

Wolves don't sell brussels sprouts :smalleek:

Jontom Xire
2007-03-26, 02:16 AM
Removes crown, breathes on it, buffs it with his sleeve, and passes it to Douglas.I believe you are now the king of long ranting posts about how wrong other people are for pointing at you. And by the way I agree with you.


Now to make a couple of points based on other's posts:

1) Second day voting shouldn't be random. Wolves have been lynched on day two through the use of logic and observation (and a little luck).

2) I got lynched in my first game on the first day. There will be more games in the future, Douglas, and who knows they might even be almost as good as my second game was.

Anyway, I believe that all that is left to do:

Jontom points at Endeavourl.

douglas
2007-03-26, 02:27 AM
Thank you, Jontom.

Ah, a bandwagon with at least a little bit of logic behind it. I think I'll join.

*Douglas points at Endeavourl*

Kantur
2007-03-26, 06:04 AM
Going with Evnafets' list and my instinct...

*Kantur points at Raistlin

Korith
2007-03-26, 07:16 AM
Endeavourl sees people pointing at him, and runs off into his veggie stall to hide.

Wolves don't sell brussels sprouts :smalleek:

Brussels sprouts?

Korith points at Endeavourl

Fertilized in the blood of villagers, perhaps? Hmm?

Joosbawx
2007-03-26, 07:46 AM
*Joosbawx points to Douglas, simply because Jontom is not.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-26, 07:57 AM
That'd be like a game without llama pointing at exachix. Come on, have a little fun already.

I'm sorry but I don't find it funny or fun.

Maybe sometimes I am less than kind in my comments, but I try to keep them generic and at least they're in one place nad over and done with, not incessant persecution for no reason at all.

Maybe I lack a sense of humour, but I don't think so. maybe it's because I've been persecuted in RL like this when I was a kid. It doesn't really matter. It's ruining my enjoyment of the game, even if it is adding to Joosbawx's.

I'm trying to change the way I play so as not to upset other people (and got eaten for it in WWVI). Am I asking too much? I don't think so, but if you all do I'll just sod off and stop playing these games.

Joosbawx
2007-03-26, 08:08 AM
(( I've said all I care to say about this in reply to the PM Jontom sent to me concerning this. I will stop as it seems to dampen the mood with all of these OOC posts, and because all I was trying to accomplish was a little good natured ribbing and truly not trying to offend anyone.

Please, everyone, enjoy the game. ))

Supagoof
2007-03-26, 08:44 AM
(( Please, everyone, enjoy the game. ))

((I got killed off this weekend in both games I was in, but I'm still going to have fun!! ))

A lightning bolt crackles through the sky. It hits the grave where Supagoofenstein is buried, and you can hear through the six feet of dirt.

I'm alive. I'M ALIIIIVE! But why am I in this box? How come I can't feel my hands?

Hello?

Is anyone out there?

HeLLOOOooo?



I know who the wolves are! I saw them before they removed my head from my torso! I'll tell you. Let me out of here. Please.
((No idea who the wolves are, sorry))


Oxygen, running out......

Now, if you're blue
And you don't know where to go to
Why don't you go where fashion sits
PUTTIN' ON THE RITZ!!!
((Cookie, anyone?))


Getting very tired....

So cold......

so cold.....

smells like fries all around me.....is that what heavan smells like?

Supagoofenstein, living through a miraculous melding of nature and science, once again finds himself brought back to life, and then dead again.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 08:47 AM
(( I think that was payback for the kitten in mafia, Supagoof. Isn't too much laughter bad for you?! :smalltongue::smalltongue: ))

Supagoof
2007-03-26, 08:56 AM
(( I think that was payback for the kitten in mafia, Supagoof. Isn't too much laughter bad for you?! :smalltongue::smalltongue: ))

((??? - I never played mafia, though I did interupt the thread, but I don't recall any kittens....:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

but Castaras, I know you like cats. We should exchange recipe's. :smalltongue:

And too much laughter is only bad when you have a spear lodged in your chest. :smallwink:

edit: @v - The cookie is yours Zar Peter! Well done.))

Zar Peter
2007-03-26, 09:07 AM
Young Frankenstein (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGN2aa3oQRM). I want the cookie!

Joosbawx
2007-03-26, 09:16 AM
(( Peter Boyle will be missed. ))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 09:22 AM
And too much laughter is only bad when you have a spear lodged in your chest. :smallwink:

(( * Looks down at sword *

Errmm... :smallwink: ))

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-26, 11:06 AM
Wow, we have a lot of people in the running! OK, so it's really just the douglas and Endevourl bandwagons racing each other! But 11 different names have been pointed at so far today! But I may have missed some vote changes (a few of you are not editing earlier votes out so it gets confusing).

If I did count right it is currently 10 for douglas and 6 for Endevourl. I am quite plainly a softey, so I'll jump onto the Endevourl bandwagon.

Raldor points at Endevourl

Exachix
2007-03-26, 11:46 AM
Exachix looks around and hmms.

And Points to Endevourl...

Helgraf
2007-03-26, 12:06 PM
Damn, miss a day of computer access and you miss everything.

Both bandwagons look shaky, but Endevourl's looks mildly more logical.

Therefore,

* Helgraf points at Endevourl *

Blood
2007-03-26, 02:39 PM
((By my count, Endeavourl has one more vote than Douglas. I'll count again to make sure.))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 02:45 PM
(( That's my count too Blood ))

Blood
2007-03-26, 03:02 PM
((Alrighty then. No one has sent me a death scene, so here's my sad attempt.))

Lots of people are pointing at each other. Douglas and Endeavourl are the main targets, and finally someone decides to make a tally - douglas at 9, and Endeavourl at 10. Every vote counts, as you can see.

Endeavourl is still crying out even as he's about to be killed, "B-but wolves d-don't eat brussels sprouts!" Someone shouts, "Kill the green lover!" The executioner sees that by a close majority, Endeavourl has been chosen to die. He slips the noose around his neck, and Endeavourl's body floats into the air. A few seconds pass ... then another two ... three ... and then Endeavourl is dead. Fur begins to erupt from his skin, and when he is done, a quite dead, full-fledged werewolf is hung.

The crowd cheers, and some begin to shout, "Kill more people! We'll find another wolf!" Sadly, many more people are hung in the crowd's bloodthirst. Weebl, PGCoD, and EloquentRune are all hung, and on their person is found a ring, identifying each of them as Masons. Angrily, the crowd continues, lynching thevorpalbunny, DLD, Xylric, and Captain van der Decken - all innocent Villagers. Finally, Frigs is hung - the second wolf is found, and the crowd finally calms.

Summary: Endeavourl was lynched, and he was a Wolf. Weebl, EloquentRune, and purple gelatinous cube o' doom were auto-lynched, and they were Masons. DarkLightDragon, Xylric, Captain van der Decken, and thevorpalbunny were auto-lynched, and they were Villagers. Frigs was auto-lynched, and he was a Wolf. Day 2 ends. Night 2 begins and will end tomorrow (Tuesday, March 27th) at 4 PM EST (-5 GMT).

((Really is sad. I had started sign-ups early because WWCII looked like it was crashing. Apparently, we caught quite a few people who signed up, and then forgot about it.

Two wolves dead, but the villagers are really at a disadvantage here!))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 03:03 PM
(( Holy...:smalleek: ))

Korith
2007-03-26, 03:04 PM
Two wolves !

*dances*

douglas
2007-03-26, 03:09 PM
Evnafets, I salute your logic. With your guidance, we managed to find an actual werewolf.

((I'd think the PMs with roles should have gotten their attention. Oh well, at least the really important roles are all still here.

Do we know how many wolves and masons there are, total?))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 03:09 PM
(( 5 masons I think ))

douglas
2007-03-26, 03:11 PM
((So over half the masons just got auto-lynched? That's not good.))

Castaras
2007-03-26, 03:16 PM
(( Happens sometimes. ))

Castaras smiles slightly, hearing the word of the wolves lynching. She heads back to her house, feared for what the night may hold...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-26, 03:18 PM
(OH SHOCK! I SHOCKING HATE AUTO LYNCHES. Speaking of shocking....)

*The llamachu continues to shoot electricity into the corpse of his trainer, until the body catches fire. Having started a funeral pyre to honor the fallen teen, the llamachu starts to walk away, depressed and alone. The corpse continues to burn dangerously close to the inn.*

Endeavourl
2007-03-26, 03:19 PM
The villagers return to their homes to find that dark fur has sprouted from the vegetables that they had bought from Endeavourl. Most wonder in horror at what they have been eating the last few months :sabine:

((Blood, I had said " Wolves don't sell brussels sprouts", not about eating them =P. Oh well, my first game here and I get caught up in some random [and apperantly very accurate] logic :smallfrown:))

Zeb The Troll
2007-03-26, 03:45 PM
((Criminy. Eight auto-lynchings on the second day. That really chaps my hide. I knew from three different sources when this game was getting kicked off and I figure at least one of them should have worked for each of those people (the PM that was sent, the User CP which tracks any thread I've responded to, and following WWCII to know for certain that WWCIII would be on the horizon). If any of you are reading this, I hope you're proud of yourselves.))

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-26, 03:54 PM
((yeah, that was a lot of autolynches. good thing the important roles weren't on the bloodthirsty NPC's list, but I shudder to think what might have happened there.))

the cheese salesman sighs.
Well that was a lot of lynchings. then she brightens as she remembers that two of them were wolves.
oh, yeah. yaaaay!!! cheese for all! oh, wait. i'm all out. sorry.

Alarra
2007-03-26, 04:22 PM
(Ugh....autolynching.....wish I'd been paying closer attention....I could have poked ER over aim at least. And DLD and the capt? That's odd....But yay! we got two wolves!)

Korith
2007-03-26, 04:24 PM
((Blood, I had said " Wolves don't sell brussels sprouts", not about eating them =P. Oh well, my first game here and I get caught up in some random [and apperantly very accurate] logic :smallfrown:))

((It's part of the subtlety of the game. "Protesteth too much" is very nearly a sure road to a hanging, unless
1) You've actually contributed to the game by pointing out a wolf
or
2) You're a mason, and your fellow masons manage to pull attention away from you (risky, for them)
or
3) You're a wolf, and your fellow wolves pull the mason trick (very, very risky!)
4) You've demonstrated a strong tendency to protest...a lot...like Jontom in the last game))

evnafets
2007-03-26, 04:39 PM
Weebl hasn't been active here for a while I don't think.
Purple Gelatinous Cube 'o' Doom is away for a little while.

Don't know so much about the others.

Also, I don't think we should have been told that there were masons.
When a mason dies is they should normally show up as a villager.
Under the "Classic" rules at least

Raistlin1040
2007-03-26, 04:44 PM
Spiderman webslings home, whistling his theme song with 2 wolves dead.

Miatog
2007-03-26, 04:48 PM
[]omg, that's alot of deaths.[]

Richard was more then happy to help with the killings. He burned, electricuted, and froze at least 2 guys by himself...yes he did that to each of them. Watching the not as blood thirsty crowd dispersing he looks around. "Huh? That's all? But there's still people alive." He finally takes a look at the bodies. "Oh, two of those guys were wolves? Kool, there's plenty more to kill though."

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-26, 04:56 PM
Vespe cheers. Verily! We have vindicated the violent vanquishing of our virtuous villagers and exacted vendetta upon two of the villainous vermin! Vespe dons a V (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_%28character%29) mask and costume.
V for Victory! And er...mayor?

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-26, 06:03 PM
Holy massacres! What happened? Have we all gone mad? I certainly have!

The village shrubber tries to hide in a holly plant and leaps out.

Ouch! I forgot those are prickly.

He then sees the corpse of a wolf and jumps back involuntarily!

Dear Lord those things are scary, even dead!

The poor shrubber runs into his house and locks the door.

(( 2 Wolves, 3 Masons and 4 villagers. That's pretty rough. But still we got 2! That's still more than we ever got in pirates. Hats off to evnafets for his incredible sluethwork! ))

Blood
2007-03-26, 06:55 PM
Also, I don't think we should have been told that there were masons.
When a mason dies is they should normally show up as a villager.
Under the "Classic" rules at least
((It never was really specified, that among other things. I find it better to mention that they were, in fact, Masons. Some people don't, but, meh. That's why I'm the narrator. :smalltongue:))

Lucky
2007-03-26, 07:13 PM
((It never was really specified, that among other things. I find it better to mention that they were, in fact, Masons. Some people don't, but, meh. That's why I'm the narrator. :smalltongue:))((And you do a TERRIBLE job! :smallyuk:

But yeah, normally they shouldn't be revealed, I made that mistake in WWC I and got grilled for it. So you should be grilled too.

Anyways, keep up the good work. I'll try to post something useful eventually.))

evnafets
2007-03-26, 07:15 PM
Evnafets, I salute your logic. With your guidance, we managed to find an actual werewolf.


It was just a little bit of logic and a lot of luck.
However its also painted a great big target on my forehead for the wolves to aim at.
I may not live to see the dawn break

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-26, 08:47 PM
Vespe takes off the V mask. Well evnafets....if you don't...take a potato. For luck.

He hands evnafets a potato.

Blood
2007-03-26, 08:49 PM
But yeah, normally they shouldn't be revealed, I made that mistake in WWC I and got grilled for it. So you should be grilled too.
((I always imagined that I would taste better baked, but whatever. :smallconfused: ))

Lucky
2007-03-26, 08:55 PM
((I always imagined that I would taste better baked, but whatever. :smallconfused: ))((It's never too late to find out.))

douglas
2007-03-26, 09:06 PM
((But where are you going to get two copies of him so you can grill one and bake the other to compare? Or is Blood supposed to be cut in half for this?))

Blood
2007-03-26, 09:07 PM
((Either way, grilled/baked blood/cats isn't going to taste very well.))

We now return to your regularly scheduled non-regular game of Werewolf.

Shadow
2007-03-27, 12:15 AM
I'm glad that we got two wolves, but it surprises me that Xylric got himself auto lynched, as we were talking about the game together via PM. Why didn't he just vote?

Strange.

Zar Peter
2007-03-27, 12:41 AM
Zar Peter shakes his head.

Two wolfs but three masons. Is that good or bad?
Suddenly a voice appears behind him.
HELLO MATE

The lumberjacks shivers and turns. Behind him there is standing a man with a beer mug in his hands

Great killing, ey?

What do you mean?

I mean: great killing, ey? Two wolfs, I mean TWO WOLFS. Great killing, ey? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, SAY NO MORE!

But there were three masons, too. Isn't that bad?

Oh, come on, they didn't do anything. But TWO WOLFES. SAY NO MORE!!! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I think you are just weird.

Zar Peter turns and head's home to take a sleep. I hope the wolfes will eat him tonight.

But...Mate. The sketch isn't over. You can't go now...Mate? MATE!!!! Some pople don't now when it's time to go and time to stay.

The man with the beer mug turns to the next NPC and begins.

HELLO MATE!
...

Shadow
2007-03-27, 02:22 AM
As the old gravedigger that the children call Shadow makes his way from the cemetary towards the shack that he lives in for the evening, he thinks to himself:
Hmmm....
I'm not looking forward the the day tomorrow. I'll have to dig another grave, I'm sure. But who's causing me to dig all of these graves? Where are the wolves hiding? I'm certain that some of them would be the ones that wanted the blood of Tormsskull. I'm also certain that some of them would have wanted to save the hide of thier brethren, Endeavourl.
Hmmm....
Who voted for Tormsskull, but not for Endeavourl? Let's see. There was that crazy [username] guy.... The lovely Alarra.... The floppy fingered Castaras.... That Kantur Fella.... Raistlin something or other.... And the fella with the accent, Peter somebody.
Hmmm....
Our lady Alarra didn't vote today.
Hmmm....
Castaras wanted the blood of Douglas after evnafets' compelling arguements.
Hmmm....

Hmmm....

When the old, filthy man finally gets to his cottage, he says to no one in particular,
Mayhap I'll sleep on it. I reckon I'll need my rest for the dig tomorrow.
The door closes and locks behind him.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-27, 02:25 AM
Congratulations Evnafets. Now you know how I've felt a few games in the past :) I even survived one of them, got eaten in the rest.

How many wolves are there in total? This is Classic after all.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-27, 05:25 AM
You can't draw any conclusions from two days voting so
I point at Evnafets


How wrong can you be? (To put this into context, it was said just after Evnafets gave his theory about Endeavourl).

I think Rumda was deliberately trying to discredit Evnafets theory. Why? Hmm... Let me think about that one...

Joosbawx
2007-03-27, 07:22 AM
Joosbawx leaves the town square to go wash the blood of his hands for having participated and then goes home in silence and closes the door, locking it.

(( You know, Jontom, for all the whining you did about being picked on as a kid and how a bit of good natured teasing makes you feel so insecure and all, you sure go out of your way to jump on people when they misstep, don't you? ))

Jontom Xire
2007-03-27, 09:31 AM
I was being ironic. As I said in the second paragraph, I think Rumda was being deceitful. I don't think she mis-stepped, I think she knew that Evnafets logic was good. Hence it is implicit that I don't think she was being dumb.

Korith
2007-03-27, 01:08 PM
((Jontom is paranoid...but a skillful player. He climbed up my threat list very quickly in the last game - though he had also positioned himself such that a quick wolf kill would have revealed many of us to the village.

Watch him closely. If he's a wolf, there will be some subtle variations in his strategy. If he's a villager, expect him to turtle the villagers against the wolves.))

Jontom Xire
2007-03-27, 02:40 PM
Turtle?

As in teenage mutant ninja?

:)

Korith
2007-03-27, 02:41 PM
As in Roman.

Blood
2007-03-27, 02:43 PM
((I'm really, really, sorry, Wolves. In my haste to clear out my overflowing PM box, I deleted the PM from the one of you that graciously sent me a death scene. I will do my best to rewrite it, as I did read it before I deleted the PM accidentally, but I'm still really sorry.))

The village awakes to find chairs for their customary weekend breakfast feast empty, as expected - the ones who have died are still mourned, except for Endeavourl and Frigs of course. But a quick count finds that one extra chair is empty. A head count takes too long, so everyone rushes off to find evidence of a killing.

An NPC is the one who finds it. He warns those of weak stomachs to stay back as he leads a group of villagers to a farm. There, the remains of a corpse are spread out all over, making it seem like a bloody battle occurred here. Someone finds a crown with the initials "EK" etched in.

Eldritch Knight, a Villager, was killed by Wolves. Night 2 ends. Day 3 begins, and will end Thursday at 4 PM EST.

Castaras
2007-03-27, 02:47 PM
Castaras stays back from the warning.

Who's dead? Who died this time?

Eldritch knight, missus.

Castaras closes her eyes, feeling woosy. She sways and falls backwards, unconcious.

Zar Peter
2007-03-27, 03:06 PM
Zar Peter helps to bring Castaras back on her feet again.

Come on missus, I'm sure soon we will find these pieces of spam who are responsible for this spam here. And I spam to you, we will send their spams to their unholy spam where they should spam till the end of the spam!

He looks up and shakes his head, than he slabs himself three times in the face.

Could someone spam a doctor? I spam it's happening again!

Castaras
2007-03-27, 03:09 PM
Castaras opens her eyes, pale with sickness.

I don't feel good...

She staggers over to her computer and checks her little list she's been making up on excel, trying to find some connection between votes and villager lynchings.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-03-27, 04:07 PM
[Insert Neat Villager Name Here] Walks out of his house, and sighs when he sees EK's torn corpse. He then says:
Douglas got off yesterday by one vote, but I still say he was protesting too much to believe.
Points at douglas

Zar Peter
2007-03-27, 04:11 PM
I must agree here!

Zar Peter points at douglas!

Shadow
2007-03-27, 04:18 PM
The old man stops digging for a moment and looks up at [INUH].
"I must disagree young man. As he just barely escaped with his life, I tend to find him a bit more trustworthy. The Wolves all know who the other wolves are. Since we got us a wolf yesterday, it's likely that he's not. I mean, the vote was almost tied. It makes more sense that, had he been a wolf, once the bandwagon got going they would have jumped on it too, if both of the prospects were indeed wolves. Who else would they accuse? Nope. I think that since the vote was so close, he's prolly not one'a dem there wolves. You all can go on pointin' at 'im if'n ya like. But I'm not gonna."
Shadow goes back to diggin' and ponders who to accuse today.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-27, 04:20 PM
*The llamachu stands around wondering what to do now that his trainer is dead and the village is attacked by werewolves*

(hmmm....that doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would the wolves have pushed a bandwagon away from Douglas and onto a fellow wolf? I'm not saying he isn't suspicious, but its a question that I want placed on the table for mention.)

(^ Yeah...what Shadow said, only he said it IC like a good RPer. The problem with llamachu is my IC content is "CHU!")

Miatog
2007-03-27, 04:21 PM
[]I agree with that logic![]

Richard walks out and takes a good look at the body. "Now the wolves get to die. That's one less person for me to kill. Alright, lets see, there were alot of people pointing at some guy. May I burn him?" Richard points at douglas as the person he wants to burn.

Shadow
2007-03-27, 04:24 PM
Shadow stops his digging again for a moment and looks at Peter.
"You know, son. You were awful quick to join with dat there young fella. Not only dat, but you be one of the people that I was talking 'bout earlier.

Hmmm....

*Shadow points at Zar Peter.*

Zar Peter
2007-03-27, 04:44 PM
((Come on, douglas changed his vote more than three times, I think that's very suspicious!))

Castaras
2007-03-27, 04:46 PM
Castaras sighs, as does her player.

* Points at Douglas

Shadow
2007-03-27, 04:48 PM
Shadow picks up his shovel to begin digging again.
"I disagree about that as well. People think that it's suspicious. It's common thought, which makes it easy to misinterperate and manipulate. Could go either way as far as I'm concerned, wolf"

Zar Peter
2007-03-27, 04:56 PM
((But the tactic is nearly similar to EK in WWC II. Don't kill me, because of [insert out of the game causes here]. And then he were a wolf. I'll stay with douglas, thank you.))

Alarra
2007-03-27, 04:59 PM
(I don't think changing votes multiple times is all that suspicious....some people are just really indecisive....like me. =) Now....someone tell me who to point at that has some real logic please.)

Shadow
2007-03-27, 05:06 PM
"I've told you who we should be after, young lady. Zaaaar Peter. He wanted to see the blood of Torms... Torna... dat Torn guy and didn't want Enda... Endo... Enda'whos'a'whats'it to go down.
Then he immediately joins the first person to go back for Douglas today, using no solid reasoning, as you yourself agree.
Dat boy with the accent is yer man.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-27, 05:11 PM
*The llamachu puts together some logic and tries to explain to the purple loving lass* Well...the wolves would not have joined the bandwagon early
since they hoped it would die, but when it started going strong
"Chu! Chu! Llama! llamachu! llama! llamachu! "
I'd wager one or two of them jumped on near the middle, just like
*then he points at Exachix*
Exachix did

Castaras
2007-03-27, 05:13 PM
(( Now how did I know you were gonna vote that, Atreyu? :smallamused: ))

Castaras lowers her finger.

I'm really not sure...

She wanders off to ponder.

Alarra
2007-03-27, 05:14 PM
You seem logical. I shall acquiesce. *points at Zar Peter

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-27, 06:32 PM
the cheese salesman harumphs. pointing this early in the morning. I haven't even broken out my store of Gouda. I ran out last night. she sighs. zar peter, you have offended a man with a lot of power. he says you die. I guess you shall die, sir.
raven points at zar peter

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-27, 07:24 PM
Raldor emerges from his house, the strain of seeing the mauled bodies of his friends and neighbors seems to be getting to him. The sight of EK's dented crown finally drives him over the edge. He halfway doubles over, puts his hands over his ears and screams.

NOooOOOOOoooooOOOOooo!

Suddenly there is a strange popping sound as the friendly shrubber seems to coalesce down to a single point and that point suddenly expands to reveal a strange turtle like creature.

Woah, I hate in when that happens. Where am I, who am I, and why are all of you looking at me. Haven't you ever seen a sea-turtle before?

You've probably never seen one out of the sea and levitating a few inches above the ground. So I guess I can understand. What's up?

As the turtle appraises itself of the situation it gets a little confused.

So you almost lynched this guy yesterday, but lynched somebody else instead that was a wolf, but you still want to lynch this guy? I don't think so. I'm not terribly persuaded about this Zar Peter fellow either, but at least you are making semi-logical arguments.

(( WooHoo! New Avatar! Anyway, the only way that would make much sense for douglas to still be a wolf is if he is the Devil, and the wolves decided yesterday to sacrifice Endevourl to save their Devil. I don't really think that's the case, but I'm still considering it. If there is a slight chance of getting the Devil, I might consider pointing at him, but I've really gotta think about this one. ))

The turtle zips over the land and splashes into the village pond.

Joosbawx
2007-03-27, 07:45 PM
"Hmmmmm...Looking back to Evnafets' lists, [insert neat username here] appears twice, also. I suggest this as a point of interest and add a point to draw attention to the argument to see what comes of it."

Joosbawx points to [insert neat username here].

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-03-27, 08:08 PM
((I just HAD to put a punctuation mark at the start of my name. The stupid thing puts me at the top of EVERY alphabetical list. Stupid [.))

Come on. Douglas is almost certainly a wolf. Just look at the evidence. Someone points at him, totally randomly, and he goes nuts defending himself. His only evidence: "I'm new."

Inky explains it a lot better than I could:


Douglas I really don't like your argument. You say you want to actually play the game. Well guess what, you are. Lynching is the whole point of this game. Don't complain about not playing the game if your unwilling to actually accept what happens as a common facet of it. Second you shouldn't try and become part of the fun and games by saying hey I'm new you shouldn't kill me or involve me because of that. For one thing your intentionally alienating yourself from the rest of the people playing by saying I'm new and your not, me and any other new people are this group and veterans are this group, we are seperate, and we new people should be treated like where not here. Thats not getting integrated, thats being a bystander but then saying you were part of the game. Likewise your making it so others have to ignore you and pretend your not there, just to avoid upsetting you because your "new" and therefore should be treated like some invincible royalty figure. Also I've never liked people trying to use guilt as an argument. You say you want people to use logic instead of being random, and then you go and make an ethos argument, completely unbased on logic in any way, in an attempt to guilt people into pointing at someone else, and whats worse its working. Now I'm not saying pointing randomly is a good thing, OR that then bandwagoning the random point is good either, but the argument you have made I simply do not like.

I point at Douglas.

In addition, after you were pointed at, you went crazy defending yourself. No one protests like the one with something to hide. Not only do i think your a wolf, but I think your a wolf who makes annoying arguments. :smallannoyed:


Besides, he only survived by one vote, which shows that a large number of us found this evidence incriminating enough to point.

Endeavourl
2007-03-27, 09:01 PM
Enda... Endo... Enda'whos'a'whats'it

((:amused:, it's ok. No one ever gets my name right.))

inky13112
2007-03-27, 09:23 PM
;2273757']((I just HAD to put a punctuation mark at the start of my name. The stupid thing puts me at the top of EVERY alphabetical list. Stupid [.))

Come on. Douglas is almost certainly a wolf. Just look at the evidence. Someone points at him, totally randomly, and he goes nuts defending himself. His only evidence: "I'm new."

Inky explains it a lot better than I could:



Besides, he only survived by one vote, which shows that a large number of us found this evidence incriminating enough to point.

I was just about to post on this.

Now there is quite a bit of argument I would like to make about how much I dislike the dont lich me its not fair/guilt argument, however I feel I have already said enough on this so I'm going to move on.

I believe that Endeavourl was a gambit. A gambit (in chess anyways) is a sacrifice in order to get a development in pieces. Its a very clever tactic for the wolves to use. Basically they throw one of their members under a bus (a sacrifice) in order to make douglas, and to a lesser degree the others who voted for endeavourl, look extremely trustworthy. (a development in pieces) This has the benefit of, while you lose one, you make one (douglas) inherently trusted, because why would the wolves have redirected the bandwagon onto one of their own? By having someone trusted like this, they basically make the wolf team near unstoppable, because even if we lynch every one of them, we still won't lynch the one who clearly can't be a wolf, because what stupid wolves would redirect a bandwagon from one of their own, onto one of their own?

Now also look how fiercely Douglas defended himself last round. He says this is his second game. Well then, if he was a wolf on his second game, he would defend himself all the more fiercely since he gets to have the fun of being a special character this game. Afterwards he calmed down quite a bit. I believe that at first he was defending himself as he saw fit, and then later, as his fellow wolves got on and they formed a plan of action, he calmed down a bit, and just went with the Endeavourl flow.

In addition to all this, there is the fact that arguments based on causing guilt to those voting for you are frequently used to great effect by wolves such as in werewolves classic 2 (wow these classic games are getting into a habit of guilt based arguments) and the evidence adds up on Douglas.

Finally look who got lynched last night. EK was accusing Douglas of being a wolf, and then shortly thereafter EK gets eaten. Suspicious much?

Therefore, for all of these reasons, I believe you, douglas, are a wolf.

I point at Douglas

Helgraf
2007-03-27, 09:33 PM
I be keepin' an eye on ye, Zar. Th' words o' yer fellow villagers may hae some merit to them. Bu' ... I dae hae mus f' now go wi' my gut ... an it' rumbles unpleasantly about Douglas. Or maybe tha' was jus a bit of mustard, some bad beef, a spot of underdone potato.

* Helgraf points at Douglas *

Shadow
2007-03-27, 09:37 PM
"Helgy! Ow ya been? Deze ol' eyes ain't seen ya in near'a decade an'a half!"

douglas
2007-03-27, 10:26 PM
;2273757']Someone points at him, totally randomly, and he goes nuts defending himself.
Someone points at me totally randomly, it starts a bandwagon, and I realize, having read previous WW games while waiting for this one to start, that if it gets much bigger it'll be pretty much impossible to stop without something like a seer declaration.

In response to Inky:
Endeavourl gambit: A reasonable strategy, but rather complex and easily countered by the seer. The gain is very uncertain while the loss is guaranteed. The wolves accelerating the first non-wolf bandwagon to pop up seems a much simpler and more likely explanation to me.

My defense: You have no meterstick at all to judge how fiercely I would defend myself with no special role. The calming down was the result of me forcing myself to take a break, go eat dinner, and come back with a deliberately less fierce tone because of the dogpile my earlier defense inspired.

The only guilt-based argument I remember from WWC2, though I admit there may have been several I don't remember because they just didn't seem to stand out, was EK's on day 1. A single example is not a trend.

EK votes for me -> EK gets eaten: Quite a few other people also voted for me, and EK was hardly the most influential of them. If the wolves' target were chosen to defend me, I doubt it would have been him.

Also, note that several of the people voting for me did so with almost no explanation, did it fairly quickly, and made no further comment. That sounds very much like a wolf pack decision to me, with the wolves posting to follow orders but not wanting to draw attention to themselves, while the Endeavourl vote built up gradually and with more comments/explanations, and the whole thing was started by a reasoning analysis.

Zeb The Troll
2007-03-28, 12:40 AM
Zeb listens intently to all of the discussion going on.

There's quite a bit of solid thinking going on here. This decision weighs heavily on me since the last evening brought such unnecessary bloodshed. It seems that at this point the decision is between Zar Peter and Douglas.

The large stone man ponders heavily for a while. This doesn't appear to be a common task for him, all this pondering.

Well, I think you're both suspicious, but at this point Shadow's points about Zar Peter seem a little bit stronger to me and Douglas has a point about the riskiness of this 'gambit' business.

Я сожалею об этом, Товарищ Генерал, но Я указываю на Царя Питера.

(Ya sozhaleyoo ob etom, Tovarish General, no ya ookazivayoo na Zarya Petera.)

<<I'm sorry about this, Comrade General, but I point at Zar Peter.>>

Shaking his head solemnly, Zeb turns to Douglas and gives him a stern look, intended to let him know that he's still being watched, and heads back to his shop to continue working on the memorial.

((Oooh, I just had an idea about the "memorial" for this game. Gotta go see if I can figure out a way to make this work.))

Ink
2007-03-28, 12:46 AM
Ink walks out of his bakery and surveys the scene.

"Hmm, I dunno, Douglas don't seem too suspicious to me after that whisker close voting yesterday. But some o' you seem all itchin' to get him killed. I think yer a wolf!"

* Ink points at inky13112

"But what do I know? I'm just a baker."

Exachix
2007-03-28, 12:53 AM
Exachix hmms and points to Inky13112 looking precariously at the LLamachu.

evnafets
2007-03-28, 02:22 AM
I disagree with the Douglas pointers.

Inky, yes your theory is plausible, but not very likely IMO.
The person who gets the credibility from yesterday's wolf lynch is not so much Douglas as myself.
I am the one who posted my analysis, and did the first point at Endeavourl.
I got lucky, and actually managed to finger a wolf.
Following your theory through, that would make me a wolf as well as Douglas.


Douglas originally got pointed at randomly from a die roll by Castaras.
The argument for pointing at him now is that he defended himself 'too strongly', and is thus a wolf.
Personally I don't believe in that argument. Of course a wolf would defend himself. So would a villager. In my book, defending yourself is not an admission of guilt.

[Insert] is pointing at Douglas for "defending too strongly"
I note though that [Insert] was pointed at, and also defended himself very quickly and strongly.
Where I come from thats "The pot calling the kettle black"

Basically, if Douglas is a wolf, I don't think Endeavourl would have pointed at him. There were definitely other targets to blend in among. The more likely scenario is that Endeavourl was just trying to appear as another sheep following the bandwagon.

Rumda worries me a little immediately trying to discredit my post yesterday. That one definitely bears watching.
But for now
evnafets points at [Insert Neat Username Here]

Pointed at Tormsskull on Day 1
Jumped on the bandwagon for Douglas yesterday
Tried to continue it today.

Am I certain? No.
Douglas could be a wolf. But he is well down on my list right now.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-28, 02:25 AM
I am really confused by all this voting. People are basing their votes on what seems to be feelings. Now how's this for strong evidence?

1) Evnafets proposes Endeavourl as a wolf. Who instantly tries to undermine all basis for his accusation before counter-accusing?

Rumda

2) Close voting when one of the targets turns out to be a wolf is always very revealing. No matter the advantage wolves may gain for voting for a wolf, they prefer to do it such that the wolf in question DOESN'T get lynched. Douglas took an early lead, but just as Endeavourl is catching up (7 votes to 8) who votes for Douglas (possibly to try and save Endeavourl)?

Joosbawx.


I agree that Zar Peter and INUH are suspicious, but they could just be mis-interpreting newbie behaviour.

Jontom Xire points at Joosbawx

InaVegt
2007-03-28, 06:21 AM
The ones with no color in their skin and white hair are the aggressors, the prophecy has told! Slay Castaras to protect your fellow villagers!

Gezina points at Castaras

Korith
2007-03-28, 07:43 AM
I am really confused by all this voting. People are basing their votes on what seems to be feelings. Now how's this for strong evidence?

1) Evnafets proposes Endeavourl as a wolf. Who instantly tries to undermine all basis for his accusation before counter-accusing?

Rumda

2) Close voting when one of the targets turns out to be a wolf is always very revealing. No matter the advantage wolves may gain for voting for a wolf, they prefer to do it such that the wolf in question DOESN'T get lynched. Douglas took an early lead, but just as Endeavourl is catching up (7 votes to 8) who votes for Douglas (possibly to try and save Endeavourl)?

Joosbawx.


I agree that Zar Peter and INUH are suspicious, but they could just be mis-interpreting newbie behaviour.

Jontom Xire points at Joosbawx


Agreed.

Korith points at Joosbawx

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-28, 08:36 AM
"I would like to continue with Evnafets logic from yesterday. Raistlin pointed at tormsskull when he was being lynched as a villagers the first day as well as douglas yesterday. This leaves me with three Ideas.

1. Raistlin is a wolf voting for whoever the bandwagon is working against. He will no doubt want to vote for douglas this round again.

B. Douglas is a wolf and wolves split amongst him and Endeavourl

and Potatoes. Evnafets is a wolf. He was picked as a wolf pack member to gain our trust by sacrificing Endeavourl yesterday."

*Gnome Barbarian points at Raistlin

Jontom Xire
2007-03-28, 09:02 AM
((Total OOC: Check out my new game at http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38808, in case you haven't already seen it)).

I agree Rasitlin is supicious, but if all of us who don't think Douglas is the most suspicious don't all get behind one candidate then Douglas will get lynched anyway.

Kantur
2007-03-28, 10:05 AM
*Kantur points at Zar Peter

Thes Hunter
2007-03-28, 10:49 AM
(( Harddrive loss, fellowship grants, and thesis issues are stealing my time to play! ))

Thes replaces her usually mediocre roleplaying posts with a diet coke of posts.


*** Thes points at Zar Peter **

Joosbawx
2007-03-28, 10:57 AM
"I think that Korith and Jontom are trying to start a bandwagon of their own in order to save their compatriot, douglas. I still find [insert neat username here]'s behavior suspect; however, to move things along I switch my vote at put the following names on a public list:

douglas
[insert neat username here]
Jontom Xire
Korith

Make of it what you will."

Joosbawx moves his finger from [insert neat username here] to douglas.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-28, 11:03 AM
Raldor the turtle comes out of the pond to bask in the sun for a while.

Well, we are getting some good reasoning today. This is good. I don't agree with most of the reasoning against douglas, but as I said earlier he may be the Devil, which would partially explain the close bandwagon race yesterday, but I think that's unlikely at this point. Maybe we'll lynch him tomorrow since so many people seem to be obsessed with him. I'm tempted to point at Rumda for reasons that others have stated, but I don't think I want to add another person to the mix. I don't quite understand why everyone is pointing at Zar Peter, perhaps if someone can enlighten me I'll join that cause. For now I believe the arguments against Joosbawx hold the most merit.

Raldor points his flipper at Joosbawx

(( I briefly skimmed the thread looking at Zar Peter's posts and didn't see much that raised a warning flag to me. Did I miss something? ))

Korith
2007-03-28, 11:14 AM
"I think that Korith and Jontom are trying to start a bandwagon of their own in order to save their compatriot, douglas. I still find [insert neat username here]'s behavior suspect; however, to move things along I switch my vote at put the following names on a public list:

douglas
[insert neat username here]
Jontom Xire
Korith

Make of it what you will."

Joosbawx moves his finger from [insert neat username here] to douglas.


I have been in contact with Jontom Xire, and we have discussed our mutual suspicians. I do not know his role for certain. Furthermore, my style of play in every werewolf game to date has been to avoid such obvious pairings while a wolf and try to herd public concensus onto the villagers.

Don't try going around trying to make simple agreement look like a conspiracy. It doesn't help when trying to establish an ordered game structure in which the villagers hold the advantage.

I'll also point out that you appear to be using a diversionary tactic by calling bandwagon.

Castaras
2007-03-28, 11:19 AM
* Points at Zar Peter

Joosbawx
2007-03-28, 11:28 AM
Chuckling, Joosbawx replies to Korith. "Vote for me if you like; however, you'll only end up disappointed. Unless, you know, you actually are wolves. then I suppose you wouldn't be disappointed at all."

Jontom Xire
2007-03-28, 11:28 AM
Hmm. I'm starting to have my supicions of Zar Peter. The votes for Douglas were at 5, Zar Peter 6, when Joosbawx comes along and votes for Douglas.

He did a very similar thing last round with very similar timing in terms of how close the two sets of votes were.

Is he trying to save someone? Last time the person he appeared to be trying to save turned out to be a wolf.

Maybe though, they are both villagers and Joosbawx is replicating his behaviour knowing that Zar Peter is a villager and that his behaviour this turn will make his behaviour last turn look like pure coincidence.

In any case, I want to lynch Joosbawx. If we do lynch Zar Peter and he turns out to be a wolf, we definitely ought to lynch Joosbawx next round.

By the same token, if we lynch Joosbawx and he turns out to be a wolf we definitely ought to lynch Zar Peter next round.

Castaras
2007-03-28, 11:39 AM
Makes sense, Jontom.

But what if one of them is a villager? Then what do we do? Vote for Douglas?

Kyrian
2007-03-28, 11:39 AM
Shadow has been really good with his insight into these games before, so I'll trust his judgement.

Kyrian points at Zar Peter.

Joosbawx
2007-03-28, 11:46 AM
"I have been contacted by nobody in this game at all. The only role that I know is my own. Outside of that I only have speculation."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-28, 11:59 AM
(*smiles and watches the debate with interest*

"It seems they haven't realized the truth yet, Exachix. You'll escape this round.)

Zar Peter
2007-03-28, 02:50 PM
So, I think I should say something to defend myself (in a very bad accent, I'm afraid, but I'm tired today).

First of all: I'm no wolf! (No one who posts here would say he's a wolf)).

Second: I think that there are many people out there who want to save douglas. Tooooo many.

Third: I could send the same in defence for me as douglas: It's my second game, in the first I were lynched on day one because the landlubbler scried me as pirate although I were a passenger. Please let me have some fun.
I will not do that, I have fun in this game, even when you are going to lynch me. I send in a death scene and I had lot of fun thinking about it and even let Supagoof write it to make it readable. But I hope Blood will not have to use it in the next days.

So I vote for douglas, and I think Jontom made a good point here, tomorrow we could lynch Joosbawx to see if he is right.

And sorry for no MP references, I thought about it but were too tired to make some.

Joosbawx
2007-03-28, 03:35 PM
With a dramatic roll of his eyes, Joosbawx replies to Zar Peter. "Suuuuuuure...take Jontom's side. Whatever."

DarkCorax
2007-03-28, 03:45 PM
I really have no idea what is going on here... but depending on the outcome of this round of voting some conclusions should be able to be drawn

*Darkcorax points at Zar Peter*

evnafets
2007-03-28, 03:56 PM
Voting status as of this post

[Insert Neat Username Here](1)
evnafets

Castaras(1)
Gezina

Douglas (6)
[Insert Neat Username Here]
Helgraf
Inky13112
Joosbawx
Miatog
Zar Peter

Exachix (1)
Atreyu the Masked Llama

Inky(2)
Exachix
Ink

Joosbawx(3)
Jontom Xire
Korith
Raldor

Raistlin(1)
Gnome Barbarian

Zar Peter(9)
Alarra
Castaras
Cult_of_the_Raven
DarkCorax
Kantur
Kyrian
Shadow
Thes Hunter
Zeb The Troll

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-03-28, 04:09 PM
Now that i've thought about it more, I'm less convinced about douglas than I was earlier. I also don't see any reason behind the current Zar Peter bandwagon.

Drops finger