Amechra
2014-11-18, 09:14 PM
Necrocarnate

Necrocarnum Adept
Level: 1
Lose: Aura, Detect Opposition
Modified: Alignment Restriction
Benefits:
A Necrocarnate does not draw upon aligned Essentia like their mewling... "associates", instead drawing on the intoxicating power of rotting, weeping souls.

As such, they may be of any non-Good alignment, and gain Necrocarnum Acolyte as a bonus feat. In addition, they may use Protection from Incarnum at-will as a spell-like ability, the wretched perversity of Necrocarnum causing lesser souls to wail and retreat.

Necrocarnum Radiance
Levels: 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20
Modifies: Incarnum Radiance, Meldshaping
Benefits:
Necrocarnum overpowers the pathetic strictures of alignment; as such, Necrocarnates do not gain an Incarnum Radiance based off of their alignment. Instead, they gain the following:

Necrocarnum: The Essentia Capacity of all of their Necrocarnum soulmelds increases by 1. At 5th level, the bonus to save DCs from Necrocarnum Acolyte increases to +2. At 10th level, they gain a +1 bonus to their Meldshaper level for the purposes of their Necrocarnum soulmelds. At 15th level, the Essentia Capacity of their Necrocarnum Soulmelds increases by 2 instead. At 20th level, the bonus to save DCs from Necrocarnum Acolyte increases to +3.

In addition, whenever they shape Incarnate Avatar, it gains the [Necrocarnum] subtype, and they do not gain the normal benefits of the Soulmeld; instead, they gain the following:

Necrocarnum: Their Necrocarnate Avatar looks like a skeleton whose joints have fused; each time they move, they are attended with the sound of bones cracking, as the joints splinter open and then reset themselves.
Essentia: For each point of Essentia invested in the Incarnate Avatar, they gain a +1 insight bonus to Fortitude and Will saves.
Chakra Bind - Soul: The Necrocarnate's type changes to Undead; they gain Turn Resistance equal to twice the Essentia invested in this soulmeld.

Incarnate Necrosis
Levels: 7, 15, 20
Loses: Share Incarnum Radiance, True Incarnation
Benefits:
At 7th level, a Necrocarnate's hands become covered with blotchy bruises, their flesh rotting from the tender touch of screaming souls. They permanently shape the Necrocarnum Gloves (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=13759924&postcount=6) soulmeld; it does not count towards the number of Soulmelds they may have shaped at one time, does not prevent them from placing other soulmelds on their Hands chakra, and cannot be unshaped or unbound.

At 15th level, the bruises extend to their elbows; their finger tips crack and bleed under broken fingernails. Their Necrocarnum Gloves become permanently bound to their Hands Chakra; this does not count towards the number of Chakra Binds they may have, and does not prevent them from binding other Soulmelds to that Chakra.
In addition, they permanently shape the Necrocarnum Touch soulmeld; it does not count towards the number of Soulmelds they may have shaped at one time, does not prevent them from placing other soulmelds on their Hands chakra, and cannot be unshaped or unbound.

At 20th level, the bruises blotch and bleed, and ever-shifting, necrotic, weeping sores spell out blasphemies and suicide notes. Their Necrocarnum Touch becomes permanently bound to their Arms Chakra; this does not count towards the number of Chakra Binds they may have, and does not prevent them from binding other Soulmelds to that Chakra.
In addition, their type changes to Outsider with the [Native] and [Incarnum] subtypes.

Garryl
2014-11-19, 02:13 AM
Is this a single variant, or a collection of related but independent ACFs? If it's the latter, I'd totally take the first ACF for no downside while also freeing you up to be Lawful Evil and thus double up on the benefits of Incarnate Avatar and Incarnum Radiance.

Amechra
2014-11-19, 04:51 AM
It's a single variant; I split it up so that it wouldn't be too overwhelming.

Oh, and that reminds me; I've got to write a Necrocarnum Avatar soulmeld, specifically to prevent stacking.

Amechra
2014-11-20, 10:39 AM
Speak of the skellington, and he'll pop out and say BOO!

In other words, the Necrocarnum Avatar is up.

Zaydos
2014-11-20, 01:53 PM
I just want to say I like it.

Rater202
2014-11-20, 02:08 PM
Rater likes.

10/10 would eat.

take that as a compliment.

Amechra
2014-11-20, 02:17 PM
Rater likes.

10/10 would eat.

take that as a compliment.

You would get the worst indigestion.

I'm glad people like it! I might take a few other MoI prestige classes and turn them into ACFs for the base classes (Incarnum Blade, I'm looking at you!)

Rater202
2014-11-20, 04:09 PM
You would get the worst indigestion.

I've, in total seriousness, made a list of things I'd do if I ever got the abillity to jump into alternate universe.

Most of the list is "Get turned into a Hellsing Style Vampire and omnomnom on monsters and villains and stuff tog et their powers.

Your ACF list is cool enough to be put on the list of things to nom.

Take it as a compliment.

I'd like to see what else you come up with.