PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Warlock invocations and options

slachance6
2014-12-07, 09:14 AM
Warlock is by far my favorite caster in 5e, so I decided to make a few extra options. Let me know if any of them seem too overpowered or underpowered.

Variant Warlock: "Full Caster" Warlock
I'm partial to warlocks being built almost as battlemage types, except maybe bladelocks. This warlock variant is almost completely focused on spellcasting, like the wizard and sorcerer.
-You lose proficiency with all armor and are only proficient with daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs and light crossbows.
-Your Hit Dice become d6s instead of d8s.
+You learn an extra spell at 10th, 12th and 14th level, making for 18 spells total at 20th level.
+You have 3 spell slots at 9th level, 4 spell slots at 14th level, and 5 spell slots at 18th level.
+At 20th level, you may choose an additional 6th level spell for your Mystic Arcanum. You can cast each of these spells once before taking a long rest.

Homebrew Invocations:
Arcane Secrets (Pact of the Tome as prerequisite): Choose any two spells from any class's spell list, given that they are of a level you can cast, and add them to your spells known. You can take this invocation more than once.
Beast Shape (9th level as prerequisite): You can use your action to magically polymorph into any beast that you have seen a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, reverting to your normal form as an action.
Bow Bond (Pact of the Blade as a prerequisite): Your pact weapon can take the form of a ranged weapon that never runs out of ammunition.
Far Sight (15th level as prerequisite): You can cast Clairvoyance at will without expending a spell slot, and the spell only takes 1 minute to cast.
Mental Whispers (12th level as prerequisite): You can cast Detect Thoughts at will, without expending a spell slot.
Spellmaster (18th level as prerequisite): Choose a single 1st or 2nd level spell that you know. You can cast that spell at will as a 2nd level spell without expending a spell slot.