PDA

View Full Version : [PEACH] Stuffing the Fighter in a Rogue, with a sprinkling of Marshal

Nicrosil
2014-12-09, 05:39 PM
Yes yes I know Fighter homebrew number 9001...
Note that a lot of this was based by the good work of Jiriku (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?194834-3-5-Fighter-Remix-Doin-it-old-school), Grod the Giant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?276280-GitP-Fighter-Fix-18343-3-Ziegander-Grod-Tag-Team-Action!), and Ziegander's Freelancer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?328552-The-Freelancer-(What-the-Fighter-would-look-like-if-the-Rogue-didn-t-exist)-D-amp-D-3-5), as well as a myriad of other fighter homebrew I've seen, so credit where it's due!

This fighter is meant to be versatile, help his allies in combat, and deal a lot of damage.

Alignment Any
Hit Die d10
Class Skills The fighter’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering), Knowledge (History), Listen (Wis), Martial Lore (Int), Perform (Weapon Drill) (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skill Points (4 + Int modifier) (X4 at 1st level)

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special

1st
+1
+2
+0
+2
Weapon Aptitude, Bonus Feat, Master Strike +1d6

2nd
+2
+3
+0
+3
Warrior of Legends, Bonus Feat

3rd
+3
+3
+1
+3
New Stratagem, Master Strike +2d6

4th
+4
+4
+1
+4
Bonus Feat, Weapon Prowess +1

5th
+5
+4
+1
+4
Master Strike +3d6

6th
+6/+1
+5
+2
+5
New Stratagem, Bonus Feat

7th
+7/+2
+5
+2
+5
Master Strike +4d6

8th
+8/+3
+6
+2
+6
Bonus Feat, Weapon Prowess +2

9th
+9/+4
+6
+3
+6
New Stratagem, Master Strike +5d6

10th
+10/+5
+7
+3
+7
Greater Legends, Combat Trick, Bonus Feat

11th
+11/+6/+1
+7
+3
+7
Master Strike +6d6

12th
+12/+7/+2
+8
+4
+8
Stratagem, Bonus Feat, Weapon Prowess +3

13th
+13/+8/+3
+8
+4
+8
Special Ability, Master Strike +7d6

14th
+14/+9/+4
+9
+4
+9
Bonus Feat

15th
+15/+10/+5
+9
+5
+9
New Stratagem, Master Strike +8d6

16th
+16/+11/+6/+1
+10
+5
+10
Combat Trick, Bonus Feat, Weapon Prowess +4

17th
+17/+12/+7/+2
+10
+5
+10
Master Strike +9d6

18th
+18/+13/+8/+3
+11
+6
+11
New Stratagem, Bonus Feat

19th
+19/+14/+9/+4
+11
+6
+11
Combat Trick, Master Strike +10d6

20th
+20/+15/+10/+5
+12
+6
+12
God of War, Bonus Feat, Weapon Prowess +5

Weapon Aptitude When the Fighter gains a feat that references a specific weapon, he can apply it to any weapon he wields. For example, Weapon Specialization (Greatsword) would apply to any weapon.

Bonus Feat At 1st level, and every even level after, the fighter gets a bonus fighter feat. He must meet all prerequisites for them. After 15 minutes of practice or once a day as a full round action he may retrain his feats, following all the feat retraining rules as normal.

Master Strike When a target is least suspecting it, the fighter can strike with extra oomph. When a target is denied its Dexterity bonus to AC, the fighter adds an extra d6 of damage to his roll. This damage is not multiplied on a critical hit. It does not affect creatures immune to critcal hits. The fighter's bonus damage increases by an extra d6 each odd level. This counts as a Rogue's Sneak Attack for the purposes of ACF's.

Warrior of Legends At second level, the fighter adds his Charisma bonus to all saving throws. If he succeeds a saving throw that has a partial damage on a success, the fighter instead takes no damage.

Stratagems At third level and three levels afterward, he selects a stratagem that he and his allies can act on. If the fighter or any of his allies within 60 feet who can see, hear, and understand him meet these conditions, they get a bonus to attack equal to the fighter's Weapon Prowess bonus and deal an extra d6 of damage.

Adjacent to a single enemy
Adjacent to two or more enemies
Adjacent to no allies
Adjacent to two or more allies
Enemy is flanked
Enemy is denied its Dexterity bonus to AC.
Target is two or more size categories larger than you
Target is two or more size categories smaller than you
The enemy has injured you within the last round
The enemy has yet to injure you in this encounter
The enemy is unarmed and possesses no natural weaponry
You are unarmed and possess no natural weaponry
You did not attack during the previous round
The enemy did not attack during the previous round
You are making an attack of opportunity
You are making a readied attack
You have moved at least 10 feet before making the attack
You have not moved more than five feet since the start of the last round
You are prone
Enemy is prone
You have yet to hit an enemy with an attack in this encounter
You have yet to miss an enemy with an attack in this encounter
You are on higher ground than your enemy
Your are on lower ground than your enemy
You have downed a creature within the past round
You have yet to down a creature in this encounter
Enemy has attacked an ally in this encounter
Enemy has yet to attack an ally in this encounter
You are at over half of your total hit points
You are at under half of your total hit points
You are under the effect of a condition
Enemy is under the effect of a condition
You and enemy are opposite alignments

Weapon Prowess: The fighter applies a bonus equal to one fourth of his fighter level, rounded down, to all rolls made with a weapon he wields.

Greater Legends: At 10th level, the fighter applies 1.5 his Charisma bonus to saving throws. Even on a failed saving throw, the fighter only takes half damage.

Combat Trick: At 10th level and every 3 levels after, the fighter learns a Combat Trick. He can perform Combat Tricks a number of times each encounter equal to his Charisma bonus + his Weapon Prowess bonus.
Parry: make an attack against an attack; if success make an AoO against the one you parried
Flurry Strike: make a full attack as standard action
Swift Strike: make 1 attack at highest BAB as swift action
Follow Through: iterative attacks take only a -2 penalty
Opportunist: if an ally attacks adjacent foe, you may make an AoO against foe
Skill Mastery: chose 3+Charisma bonus skills, get Skill Mastery for those skills
Bloodlust Resurrection: if an attack would kill you, you fly into a rage. +6 strength, dexterity, and constitution and 4 extra bonus points per HD. This lasts until you are reduced to 0 hit points, knocked out, or for 10+new Con modifier
Resilience: if under enchantment, get new saving throw
Inner Potential: enchant a number of items = Cha bonus + Weapon Prowess bonus with enchant equivalent to Weapon Prowess bonus. Enchantment lasts 24 hours.
Fight Dirty: After completing an attack, you may make a bull rush, charge, disarm, sunder, or grapple check, using your attack roll in place of the check made for that maneuver.
Past the Armor: The next successful attack bypasses damage reduction and energy resistance of all types.
Ultimate Defense: Until the end of your next turn, you assume a defensive posture. You may not make attacks of any kind while in this defense. You get a dodge bonus to AC and damage reduction equal to your Charisma modifier + Weapon Prowess bonus. This damage reduction stacks with other kinds of damage reduction.
Bonus Feat
Bonus Stratagem

God of War: At 20th level, a Fighter deals infinite cosmic damage. All your damage rolls deal maximum damage. Bonus damage granted to your allies by your stratagems also deals maximum damage.

So, this requires a lot of work. What do you think? Is there something obvious a fighter needs to have? Is the God of War capstone too much? What other stratagems and special abilities should I include? Please PEACH playground!

Magikeeper
2014-12-09, 07:29 PM
This is for 3.5, right? You didn't state that anywhere.

---

> First off, since the level 20 ability does not actually deal infinite damage, I wouldn't make it sound like it does in the first line.

> I would move Warrior of Legends to level 5. As it stands that ability makes this fighter a crazy two level dip and getting it by level 5 should be quick enough. Then add some sort of utility ability that still feels fighter-y at level 2 [that is less of an amazing dip target]. Like maybe being able to add half their level to all Str, Con, and Dex based skill and ability checks.

> On the bonus feats, is the fighter just retraining those feats? Or is it letting him retrain EVERY feat he has from any source? I think it should specify that it is the former. Also, it should probably say "otherwise follows.." since it is changing the time amount. Also, as written, I'm not sure if you could do the 15 minutes thing after the full round action thing (You probably could, might be nit-picking here?). Also, maybe move the feat swapping back a couple levels to make this class a little less crazy dippable (even after moving +saves). EDIT: Yeah, like level 7 or so.

> On the strategems: As written, I think it gets worse as you level as you need to meet more and more conditions for the same +1d6 damage. Maybe something like:
"The fighter and any of his allies within 60 feet who can see, hear, or otherwise understand him may add the fighter's Warrior's Prowess bonus (or +0, if the fighter lacks that ability) to their attack rolls whenever they meet one or more of the fighter's chosen conditions. Furthermore, their attacks deal an additional 1d6 damage for each condition met during the attack. This attack roll benefit stacks with Warrior's Prowess."

> On Warrior's Prowess: You mean every roll, correct? Including attack rolls, damage rolls, and anything else the fighter might ever make with his weapon. I think I'd add a "may" in there and switch the "all" to "any", just in case they wind up making some bizarre roll they don't want a high number on.

> Are these abilities all (Ex)? If so, they should specify that. If I recall correctly, (Ex) is the standard if they are unstated but homebrew shouldn't be confusing about that.

> Inner potential is weird and I don't think it currently does something. I mean, the intent is clearly to add an enhancement bonus to the fighter's weapons. But "enchant' is not a 'thing', it's something you do a la "I enchant the weapon with ~". Really, most of the combat tricks need to be reworded (some more heavily than others) but I suppose the intended effects are okay. Inner potential is the only straight-up magical ability in the class though, which is kinda odd - since you avoided being overtly magical anywhere else why be so here?

--------

> As for how you did, what is your aim?