PDA

View Full Version : [Creature & Item] BZZZZZZZZZ!

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-28, 10:26 AM
Killer Beeshttp://www.scienceclarified.com/everyday/images/scet_03_img0261.jpg

Fine Vermin (swarm)
Hit Dice: 3d8+6 HD (19 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), climb 10 ft., fly 40 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 23 (+5 dex, +8 size), touch 15, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-
Attack: Swarm (1d8 plus poison)
Full Attack: Swarm (1d8 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Density, distraction, poison
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., immune to weapon damage, scent, swarm traits, vermin traits
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 20, Con 12, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 2
Skills: *Climb +13, *Listen +6, *Spot +6
Feats: -
Environment: Warm Forest
Organization: Solitary, hive (2–4 swarms), or colony (7–12 swarms)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: None
Level Adjustment: -

Killer bees appear exactly like that of honeybees, the only difference being their excessive hostility to anyone invading their territory.

Combat
Killer bees are intensely territorial and any trespassers within range of their scent is immediately set upon.

Density (Ex): Killer bee swarms are particularly dense in individuals and as such deal 1d8 damage and gain an additional 3 hit points.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature vulnerable to the bee's damage that begins its turn with a swarm in its square is nauseated for 1 round; a Fortitude save (DC 12) negates the effect. Spellcasting or concentrating on spells within the area of a swarm requires a Concentration check (DC 20 + spell level). Using skills that involve patience and concentration requires a DC 20 Concentration check.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 12, initial damage 1d4 Dex, secondary damage 1d3 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Skills: *A killer bee swarm has a +6 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks, and uses its Dexterity modifier instead of its Strength modifier for Climb checks. A killer bee swarm can choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-28, 05:34 PM
*sheepishly adds in a CR and DC's he forgot*

Matthew
2007-04-02, 07:38 PM
Oh man, Killer Bees. I hate these, they took down one of my most successful Characters in NetHack. Seems good, but is there a Giant version?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-04-02, 07:46 PM
Oh man, Killer Bees. I hate these, they took down one of my most successful Characters in NetHack. Seems good, but is there a Giant version?
Well, swarms can't be any larger than Tiny. So if you like I guess I could make a swarm of cat-sized ones.

Otherwise I just suggest you take a normal giant bee from the Monster Manual and use the Mob template-like thing from the DMG II.