PDA

View Full Version : I'm no Xth level Expert (Prc)

Orzel
2007-03-28, 06:27 PM
I was wondering how a real life gamer would be displayed in D&D with all that gaming knowledge. A bunch of random skills on an expert didn't seem right so a Prc was in order.

Basics: A gamer is average for a human so d8 HD and 3/4 BAB sounds fair. Also a 21st century gamer has a better education and learning speed on average compared to a heroic D&D dude so 6+ Int skill points per level also souds right. Saves is tricky. Abusing you gamer knowledge is really only exersizes you mind so only good Will save.

HD d8
BAB: 3/4 like cleric
Skill points at each level: 6+Int modifier
Saves: Fort Poor, Reflex Poor, Will Good.

Class skills: A gamer would jump right inot the game world. I'd give them all the rogue's class skills.

The gamer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Being a gamer grants you nothing special profiency wise. Any of them you would have recieved would have been from other classes.

CLASS FEATURES!:
So far it thought of 2 of them. Tell me which ones should stay, which should leave, and how they should be atlered.

Smite Cheese (Su):
Once per day, a gamer may attempt to smite cheese with one normal attack. She adds her Charisma bonus (if any) to her attack roll and deals 10 extra points of damage per magical or psionic effect affecting the target. If the gamer accidentally smites a creature that is not enhanced by magic or psionics, the smite has no effect, but the ability is still used up for that day.

At 5th level, and at every five levels thereafter, the gamer may smite evil one additional time per day.

Game Knowledge (Ex)
A gamer gains special talents for her knowledge of the many games she has played over the years. At the first level, she gains 3 talents. At the 4th and 8th level, she gains 1 aditional talent.

RPG: The gamer gains an insight bonus to AC equal to her gamer levels when attacked by monstrous humaniod, dragons, and elementals.
Fighter: When unarmored and unencumbered, the gamera adds her Intelligence bonus (if any) to her AC
Puzzle:
Adventure: Once per day as a free action, the gamer can recover as many HP as her Constitution score
Action: A gamer's base land speed is incresed by 10 feet.
FPS: The gamer is treated as if she had the Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, and Rapid Reload (Hand) feats as long as she wields a hand crossbow.
RTS: Can't think of anything
Racing: Can't think of anything

Class Requirements:
They'd obviously have to be human and be from Earth. The other prereqs should be low since us Earth hamans are so low level.

PEACH

Demented
2007-03-28, 07:13 PM
You seriously overestimate the average gamer. =P

Level 1 Commoner or Expert.
Bonus ranks in Knowledge (Arcana, Dungeoneering, the Planes), as well as Knowledge (History, Local, Religion) for the hardcore roleplayers. Instead of a d20, they roll 4d4; no critical failures or automatic successes.

In addition, they get Sense Plot Device as a class skill.

Orzel
2007-03-28, 07:26 PM
It's a super gamer.
All those hours rolling dice and reading books has to give an AC bonus vs monsters and knowledge of when someone is charming you then stabbing yourself to break it.

UglyPanda
2007-03-29, 12:12 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20020401a
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cc/20010420a

I just thought those were funny. I personally feel it should work like bardic knowledge. You know a lot of crap, but it's not always useful.