PDA

View Full Version : Would you persecute me forever...

AtS
2007-03-28, 08:39 PM
If I said that I love Hellogoodbye?

Unfortunately for me, (because, I guess, this band is a disgusting hate word at my school) I've become addicted to their weird bleepy, synthesizer-y music.

Anyways, yeah, I just wanted to see the general consensus of opinion for these guys.

Don't flame me too bad... -_-;

J_Muller
2007-03-28, 08:43 PM
I've never even heard of this band, but I just YouTubed it (because I'm bored) and it doesn't seem too bad. There are certainly more popular bands that are worse...

Jalil
2007-03-29, 03:20 AM
Never heard of them, so 'no'.

I love your sig, btw.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-29, 03:28 AM
Flames are bad! We do not persecute based on music tastes here!

...meh, they aren't my style, and I think they could use a little more work blending, but they aren't bad...

Uberblah
2007-03-29, 03:33 AM
I have no reason to persecute/flame you. I don't know who Hellogoodbye is. I might know some of their songs without knowing it's by them though. Name some of their popular songs and I'll see if I recognize them.

Silkenfist
2007-03-29, 04:47 AM
And there I went expecting really bad stuff, like...

- I find myself acting more and more according to racist prejudices
- I ran over a kid yesterday and fled the accident scene
- I find myself disturbingly attracted to children
- I'm stealing from my parents to pay my debts

I wouldn't persecute you personally for any of the above, so I would never persecute you for your tastes in music/movies/literature/ice cream/whatever.

Get a small can of perspective and bring it to Media Discussions rather than here.

Uberblah
2007-03-29, 05:02 AM
And there I went expecting really bad stuff, like...

- I find myself acting more and more according to racist prejudices
- I ran over a kid yesterday and fled the accident scene
- I find myself disturbingly attracted to children
- I'm stealing from my parents to pay my debts

I wouldn't persecute you personally for any of the above, so I would never persecute you for your tastes in music/movies/literature/ice cream/whatever.

Get a small can of perspective and bring it to Media Discussions rather than here.

Um... those are some interesting examples, Silken. I hope they're just random.

Silkenfist
2007-03-29, 05:16 AM
Uberblah: Don't worry, none of them are based on my own experiences. They are, however, a set that constantly comes to my mind, when someone says: "I have something difficult to tell you"

Am I pessimistic, misantrophic or prone to panicking? Maybe.

Uberblah
2007-03-29, 05:19 AM
Ah. That is probably not a good thing that those come to mind right away. Though when someone says they have bad news my mind usually jumps to
Girl:"I'm pregnant"
Guy:"I got a girl pregnant"

Nearly as bad.

AtS
2007-03-29, 07:11 AM
-__-;

I apologize then, for my conduct. I'm so very used to the majority of other forums in which, if you display any variance from the norm, the thread immediately turns into a flame war.

"OMFG LIEK DUN EVN POST HEER AGAN LUSER. U R NOT 1337 ENUF!!!!!11!!!"

Yes, I read the rules before posting, but I just didn't know if truly, everyone was as mature and articulate as they seemed.

Also, I must mention, I have a major inferiority complex. I'm working on it, but I often enter a situation expecting people to think the worst of me.

Azrael
2007-03-29, 08:32 AM
We speak not of such barren wastes, lest they learn of us, and march to conquer.

Maryring
2007-03-29, 10:33 AM
The only thing I could think of that would make me persecute you forever would be faking that you died/got in a horrible accident, just to get attention. For Music... meh. We all got different tastes. Except those of us who has a taste for all. :smallbiggrin:

Vonriel
2007-03-29, 11:41 AM
I dunno mary, you should've seen the outcry when I said I actually liked country. I was afraid of lynching. :smalltongue:

Maryring
2007-03-29, 11:53 AM
Lynched for that? An outrage. Country is a great kind of music... except for, you know, most of the songs.:smalltongue:

Ego Slayer
2007-03-29, 11:55 AM
First, AtS, your sig picture is awesome. :smallbiggrin:
We're an incredibly mature and articulate forum. Weeee!

Anyway, I've heard of them but never heard them. *opens youtube*
I'm intrigued.

Azrael
2007-03-29, 11:58 AM
Lynched for that? An outrage ...

*Hides rope, horse and a high, sturdy tree branch*

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-29, 05:47 PM
We speak not of such barren wastes, lest they learn of us, and march to conquer.

...we would lose. Our greatest weapon, sarcasm, is useless against their ridiculously low INT values.

AtS
2007-03-29, 05:49 PM
First, AtS, your sig picture is awesome. :smallbiggrin:
We're an incredibly mature and articulate forum. Weeee!

Anyway, I've heard of them but never heard them. *opens youtube*
I'm intrigued.

Heh, I'm actually about to make my own of the same ilk. FYI, I didn't make that one, unfortunately, I found it, but still it always makes me laugh. The next installment will involve expanding polynomials. =D

Alarra
2007-03-29, 06:27 PM
Mod Goddess:We won't persecute you for your music tastes, but we will whisk discussions of them off to the correct forum. *whisks away*....there we go.

AtS
2007-03-29, 06:52 PM
Thank you mod, my discretion for disscussion placement is a little off.

*reorients inner ear*

Okay, should be good now. :3

Azrael
2007-03-29, 08:04 PM
Heh, I'm actually about to make my own of the same ilk. FYI, I didn't make that one, unfortunately, I found it, but still it always makes me laugh. The next installment will involve expanding polynomials. =D

... which won't an original either. Unless you happen to be the Peter in question:

http://vinay.in/files/vinay/expand.jpg

Although my favorite is this one:

http://matheplanet.com/matheplanet/nuke/html/uploads/6/5182_R3.jpg

AtS
2007-03-29, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I know. I couldn't find that exact pic, so I made it myself.

Guilty, yes. Sorry. I couldn't fool you.

And, that sine one was hilarious. I need to show my math teacher that gem.
He's such a purist, and get furious when anyone in class calls sine, cosine and tangent sin, cos, and tan.

But wait! I do have an original that I could make... WOO I WON'T BE A PLAGIRISER (sp?) ANYMORE!!

Uh oh... uumm...

Yeah, back to Hellogoodbye...

My favorite song by them is "Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn"

But a good one that you can listen to for free on their myspace (ughh, myspace) is "Here in Your Arms"

reorith
2007-03-30, 01:45 AM
yes. yes i would.

well no. have you seen them live? they put on an awesome show :]

TheOtherMC
2007-04-01, 07:43 PM
Wow....im like going to be the only one to answer the original question

I LOOOVE HELLOGOODBDYE!!!
As do half the girls at my school so double kudos there.