PDA

View Full Version : The Paragon of Tastey (Plane)

TempusCCK
2007-03-28, 09:03 PM
The Pudding Elemental Plane

The Pudding Elemental Plane is a self-contained Demi-plane made entirely of the substance known to travelers from the Material Plane as Pudding.

The very landscape that makes up the surface of this plane is merely hardened pudding of rock-like hardness. Digging a mere dozen feet below the toughened surface will usually yield a menagerie of gooey deliciousness which makes up the rest of the plane. The oceans and rivers are merely a thinner version of what consists of the earth, usually represented as some sort of banana or coconut cream, though any variety of pudding found in the ground could also make up the “waterways”. Steaming hot pudding erupts from giant pudding volcanoes, periodically shifting the landscape of the land as it moves through its various phases of change.

Despite the massive amounts of pudding, the atmosphere of the pudding plane consists mostly of regular breathable, but noticeably thinner, air. Temperatures on the Pudding Plane are bearable for any creature from the Material Plane, because pudding is best chilled, temperatures on or near the surface never get higher than 30-40 degrees. The deeper you delve into the center of the pudding world the warmer the pudding will become.

Time flows at a rate of 1 hour on the pudding plane being equal to 1 minute on the Material, because time flies when you’re enjoying pudding. Time is regulated through a giant revolving sphere in the sky one half consisting of the purest, most white vanilla, which reflects it’s gentle glow onto the world, allowing creatures to see as they would normally on the Material Plane. The other half of the sphere is made of the deepest, most rich chocolates, coating the entire plane in a deep black blocking all normal vision, but not restricting nightvision of darkvision. The Pudding Material Plane enjoys Normal Gravity.

Because of the inherent tastiness of the Pudding Plane, all foreign creatures and travelers are granted a +2 morale bonus on all skill, attack and save rolls, except for Concentration, keeping your focus is extremely difficult when pudding is near.

The awesome of pudding and the aura of tastiness and fun that runs throughout this entire demi-plane has an adverse effect on arcane casting, Because the arcane power is trying to pierce through the heavy fog of pudding-generated goodness, all magic in the Pudding Plane acts as Impeded Magic, requiring a Concentration Check (DC of 20 + the level of the spell) otherwise the spell fails.

(Pudding Elementals, Giant Gummy Worms and Bill Cosbys to come.)

Innis Cabal
2007-03-28, 10:12 PM
there is always room for pudding...amusing plane

starwoof
2007-03-28, 10:22 PM
Time flows at a rate of 1 hour on the pudding plane being equal to 1 minute on the Material, because time flies when you’re enjoying pudding.
XD

I <3!

I cant wait to see some tapioca elementals.

Innis Cabal
2007-03-28, 10:25 PM
i want stats for bill cosby...will he be an archomental?

Maerok
2007-03-29, 06:37 AM
Demigods of pudding say the darnedest things.

Zeta Kai
2007-03-29, 07:52 AM
Would Pudding Elementals be like oozes, jellies, & slimes? If so, then they would essentially be Pudding puddings. Possibly with the [pudding] subtype. The mind boggles.

TempusCCK
2007-03-29, 01:49 PM
Bill Cosby will be built using the Deity rules. I imagined pudding elementals to be like water elementals, that is, living pudding that squishes around, and will have the pudding subtype.

Oh, and please ignore the crappy writing in that, it needs to go through some editing that I was way too tired to mess with last night.

Neek
2007-03-30, 01:08 AM
I need to make a Dwarven Planar Ranger, whose favored Plane is the Pudding plane. His weapon? A spoon, of course.

starwoof
2007-03-30, 01:29 AM
The plane of pudding should be opposed to the plane of yogurt in the same way water and fire and earth and air are...

Icewalker
2007-03-30, 01:38 AM
EXCELLENT work. Pudding plane. I love it.

You have the time thing backwards though
You have 1 hour on the pudding plane = 1 minute on the material plane, which means that isn't "time flies" it is in fact time moving 60x slower. You can spend 10 hours eating pudding, and come back and only 5 minutes will have passed.
You want it the other way around, when you eat pudding (aka, are on the pudding plane) time seems to move faster, and all of your time is gone, when you return, or you have to leave early because too much time has passed.
1 minute on the pudding plane is equivalent to 1 hour on the material plane.

TempusCCK
2007-03-30, 10:31 AM
Nah, time flies because there's more time on the Pudding Plane in comparison to the material, you can eat pudding for a whole day and have been gone a little less than a half hour.

Nobody likes to be rushed when eating pudding.

Zeta Kai
2007-03-30, 10:33 AM
Nobody likes to be rushed when eating pudding.

Truer words were never spoken.

ocato
2007-03-30, 10:37 AM
So if a pudding ooze consumes you, you can eat your way out. I love it. Take that oozes!

DracoDei
2007-05-19, 05:44 PM
I want to see the stats for gummy worms now... you have waited long enough... DO IT!

Matthew
2007-05-24, 01:15 PM
This reminds me a lot of that most atrocious of Dragonlance offerings... Kendermore...

TempusCCK
2007-05-26, 10:10 AM
Ha, sorry guys, this here project was kinda shunted to the side with alot of the other things that've been going on for me lately. Thankfully, that's all over (I graduate tomorrow, whoohoo!) and I'll have a considerable chunk of free time from now on, so I'll see what I can do for you.

RyanM
2007-05-26, 01:22 PM
A bit too similar to Triangle and Robert (http://home.comcast.net/~pshaughn/tandr.html) to actually use, if you ask me. But still funny.

DracoDei
2007-05-26, 03:39 PM
1.) How many people will have heard of that?
2.) I once played a perfectly nice senario based on the Wizard of Oz. The fact that it was recognizable actually made it better in some ways.

TempusCCK
2007-05-27, 12:29 PM
Mm, sorry, never seen that comic before in my life. And the two I just read had absolutely nothing to do with pudding.