PDA

View Full Version : Fury and Wrath [ITEMS] [HELP SET LEVEL]

Legoman
2007-03-28, 10:37 PM
The story and motivation behind this:

When I played WoW, our guild was small, and so we ran ZG a lot. A gnome rogue in our party managed to get both Ashkandar's Left and Right claw - impressive weapons in their own right. But, there was a proc on hit when they were put together that caused the wielder to grow to the size of the boss that dropped the items.

This boss was a massive tiger, twice the size of a Tauren.

So, the gnome rogue would be swinging away, and then, all of a sudden, there'd a roar, and the 3-foot tall gnome would be a 12-foot tall tiger. He would explode on the damage meter, and the tank would have to fight for aggro.

It was the most awesome thing I remember from that guild.

So, I set to re-create them in D&D. Let me know what you think:

Ashkandar's Left Claw:
+1 Keen Claw (1d4 19-20x2 [17-20 after keen], slashing, light, Exotic)

With a DC 20 Knowledge History check, the wielder can ascertain the true nature of the weapon they carry. They are immediately granted the Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Claw feat whenever they carry the claw.

In addition, they may make a sacrifice of X gp [10,000?], and the claw will grant them the following effects:

-4 Hit points
-1 Penalty on all saves
Enhancement bonus increases to +2
Threat range increases a single step, to 16-20.
+2 Feral Bonus on rolls to confirm a critical hit with a claw-weapon.

Ashkandar's Right Claw:
+1 Wounding Claw

DC 20; Y GP Sacrifice: [18,000]
-8 HP
-1 Penalty on attack rolls
-1 Penalty on all saves
Enhancement bonus increases to +2
Weapon gains Keen (17-20 range)
+2 Feral Bonus on rolls to confirm a critical hit with a claw-weapon.

Ashkandar's Chain
Amulet of Natural Armor +2

DC20; Z Gp Sacrifice: [8,000]
-4 HP
-1 Penalty on all saves
+2 Feral bonus on all rolls to confirm a critical hit. This also stacks with the bonuses from each claw, and also causes the bonus to stack with each other.

Set bonuses:
(*) When using both claws, even if they have not been awakened, whenever the wielder lands an attack with both of them, they may gain a free rend attack that automatically hits, dealing 2d4+STR*1.5 damage.
(2 - Only awakened items may trigger this bonus) The wielder is treated as always being in the 'blood in the water' stance, of the Tiger Claw discipline.
(+1 on attack/damage for 1 minute after getting a critical confirmation. This refreshes and stacks every crit.
(3 - only awakened items) On confirmation of a critical, the wielder has a 50% chance of taking the form of Ashkandar, taking on the appearance of a Legendary Tiger for 1d4 rounds. The following effects take place:
Space increases to 10ft. The wielder may still remain bi-pedal.
+16 bonus to Strength
+8 bonus to Dexterity
+4 bonus to Constitution
-2 bonus to Wisdom
-2 bonus to Intelligence
-2 bonus to Charisma
The rend attack granted by wielding both claws increases to 2d8+STR*1.5.

----

So, PEACH please.

Legoman
2007-03-29, 11:44 PM
One and only bump.

Is the +16 str for a couple rounds too powerful?
Is the bonus on crit confirmation too powerful? Should it not stack with an Improved Critical: Claw?
Would giving the party Ranger/Rogue/Monk access to these at level 15 be too crazy?

Icewalker
2007-03-30, 01:57 AM
I think they look pretty awesome, and while I have no idea on level, it is definitely very high. In fact, just because these are so unique, I'd bump up the power slightly and call em artifacts.

I think that you should only take the form when you crit with both weapons in one round, instead of a 50% on a crit. Works a bit better I think.