PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next (DND NEXT) Warcraft orc blademaster monk archetype

Mechaviking
2014-12-28, 02:17 AM
I´ve been tinkering with a blademaster archtype and I´m looking for some feedback:

http://classic.battle.net/war3/images/orc/units/portraits/blademaster.gif

Windwalk

Starting when you choose this tradition at 3rd level Longsword becomes a monk weapon for you, also when you use a ki point to activate Step of the Wind you become invisible until the end of your next turn or until you attack(whichever happens first), if you end your invisibility with an attack you deal an extra d10 points of damage.

Mirror Image

At 6th level when you use a bonus action to use Patient defense you also create 2 Illusionary duplicates of yourself, this functions as you had cast mirror image on yourself, but the duration is only until the end of your next round.

Critical Strike

At 11th level, Your weapon attacks with longsword may score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20, and your critical hits with longsword deal an additional die of damage.

Bladestorm

At 17th level, you learn the ultimate technique of the blademasters. If you are wielding a Long Sword you can spend 5 Ki points as a standard action to initiate a bladestorm: The Bladestorm deals 6d10 Slashing Damage to each creature within 10 feet of you(Dexterity save for half damage, Save DC: 8+wisdom mod. + proficiency bonus) and moves with you until the end of your next turn. In addition the violent release of energy and the speed of the spinning weapon partially cuts incoming magics apart, during the bladestorm you are resistant to damage from magic and have advantage on saving throws versus magic.

This is mostly based on the Warcraft 3 version of the Blademaster, so I welcome any thoughts you may have.

Inevitability
2014-12-28, 06:28 AM
This should be in homebrew. Please request the mods to move your post.

Mechaviking
2014-12-28, 01:49 PM
sry didn´t find it, thanks :D

bloodshed343
2014-12-28, 03:09 PM
Bladestorm should be toned down, and it also doesn't really work as worded. Make it like this:

You move up to your speed. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Make a melee weapon attack against each creature within 10 feet of you at any point during this move. This attack deals 1d10 extra damage.

The crit feature is also poorly worded. Make it thusly:

Your weapon attacks with longsword may score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20, and your critical hits with longsword deal an additional die of damage.

Mechaviking
2014-12-28, 07:26 PM
Bladestorm should be toned down, and it also doesn't really work as worded. Make it like this:

You move up to your speed. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Make a melee weapon attack against each creature within 10 feet of you at any point during this move. This attack deals 1d10 extra damage.

The crit feature is also poorly worded. Make it thusly:

Your weapon attacks with longsword may score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20, and your critical hits with longsword deal an additional die of damage.

Thanks for the longsword clarification.

Bladestorm is basically supposed to be a bladebarrier that moves with you, but then again an attack against each creature within 10 feet should accomplish the same. Although it is slightly more Tryndamere and less of a blademaster thing in your version.

To me it makes sense to keep the magic resistance in since it´s been a staple feature for the blademaster in warcraft 3, it is also supposed to be the only thing you do during the round. I´ll mull it over for a bit :D

[Edit] **** I forgot to throw in the Dexterity save for half damage into the bladestorm...