PDA

View Full Version : The Creeping of Flesh [Creature, MitP]

The Demented One
2007-03-31, 12:12 PM
Epidermarra
Size/Type: Medium Aberration (Shapechanger)
Hit Dice: 4d8+12 (32 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 17 (+1 Dex, +6 natural), touch 11, flatfooted 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+6
Attack: Slam +6 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack: 2 Slams +6 melee (1d6+3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: –
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., shed skin, minor change shape
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Disguise +10, Hide +3, Intimidate +1, Listen +1, Move Silently +3, Spot +1
Feats: Power Attack, Improved Initiative
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
Advancement: 5-13 HD (Medium), 14-20 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: +2

Epidermarras are bizarre creatures. Shapechangers, these beings infiltrate society by taking on the form of any humanoid creature. However, any resemblances between them and their prey are dispersed when an Epidermarra uses its most disturbing ability. An Epidermarra can shed its thick skin, which remains animate and at the aberration’s beck and call. The anatomy of a skinless Epidermarra is fully exposed. Their muscles are far different than those of a normal humanoid, and purple in color, while strange organs peek out from behind the muscle. A thin layer of transparent fat serves as a second skin for the Epidermarra, keeping its entrails from spilling out and providing the same amount of protection a normal human’s skin does.

Shed Skin (Ex)
As a full-round action, an Epidermarra may shed its skin. Doing so deals 10 points of damage to the Epidermarra. This damage cannot be healed until the Epidermarra is reunited with its skin, at which point it is automatically healed. In addition, an Epidermarra that has shedded its skin loses its natural armor bonus to AC and loses its minor change shape ability. After being shed, the Epidermarra’s skin remains animate and under the control of the Epidermarra, as if it were dominated. The skin may rejoin the Epidermarra as a full-round action. Statistics for the Epidermarra’s shed skin are given below.

Minor Change Shape (Ex)
A Epidermarra has complete control over the texture and color of its skin, giving it a +10 racial bonus on all Disguise checks.

Epidermarra Skin
Size/Type: Medium Aberration
Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (10 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+6 natural), touch 16, flatfooted 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+6
Attack: Slam +2 melee (1d4+2)
Full Attack: 2 Slams +2 melee (1d4+2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, constrict
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft.
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +2
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 10, Con 14, Int –, Wis 10, Cha 1
Skills: –
Feats: –

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, an Epidermarra Skin must hit a Medium or smaller opponent with its slam attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict. Epidermarra Skin has a +4 racial bonus on grapple checks due to its ability to wrap itself around its opponent. This is already figured into the statistics block above.

Constrict (Ex)
An Epidermarra Skin deals 1d6+2 points of damage with a successful grapple check. Constricting uses the whole body of the Epidermarra Skin, which prevents it from moving in a round in which it constricts.

Icewalker
2007-03-31, 08:10 PM
Niiice, very disgusting and creepy, much like your Morgellian. I like it. I dunno about giving the skin 1d6 damage, I would assume it just punches like any other humanoid creature, so unless it is particularly proficient in hand to hand combat, like a monk, I'd lower it to whatever it normally is, I think a d4 but I'm not sure.

I like the idea of them infiltrating a society.

Abjurer
2007-03-31, 09:17 PM
Twisted. I like it.

I agree with the lower damage, though.
Getting slugged by an empty bag of skin doesn't sound outstandingly dangerous.

Matthew
2007-04-04, 06:47 PM
Good work. I think I would agree that the Damage Die ought to be reduced to 1D4.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-05, 04:28 PM
Third lowering the damage die to 1d4. Also,

Shed Skin (Ex)
As a full-round action, an Epidermarra may shed its skin. Doing so deals 10 points of damage to the Epidermarra. This damage cannot be healed into the Epidermarra is reunited with its skin, at which point it is automatically healed.

Should be "until".

Aramil Liadon
2007-04-05, 08:46 PM
IIRC, (yay I used an acronym!) there's an empty skin monster in the Libris Mortis, if you want to use that. Otherwise, very cool. Creepy.