PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Tons of Racial Archetypes! [Also: taking requests]

Secret Wizard
2015-01-04, 04:44 PM
I've made a whole bunch of racial archetypes. You can find them here. (http://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/2r6tep/quite_a_few_homebrew_archetypes/)

Secret Wizard
2015-01-14, 04:52 PM
Update: Added 9 of these since first posting!

Almarck
2015-01-14, 04:59 PM
Since I didn't make requests last time, howabout:
=Skinwalker Driud. Emphasizing your "heritage" as a partial lycanthrope.

=Halfling Hunter/Cavilier

Secret Wizard
2015-01-14, 05:58 PM
I have a hard time with Skinwalker - I was making it a Druid, then a Hunter, then an Investigator, now I'm at an impassé.
Luckily for players and unluckily for me, there's already enough Shaman Druid archetypes for each Skinwalker type, so there's not much need for the Druid archetype.
The Hunter is fun, but the class itself does not necessarily loan itself to many archetypes, as the features it gains are all connected in a way.
The Investigator was a feral, rangerish archetype, but then I found out the Wild Whisperer Druid archetype existed.

Looking at a different angle now, perhaps Gunslinger with a pet.

Rfkannen
2015-01-14, 06:04 PM
I like these!! Very good archetypes! I especialy like the spell sniffer and the beldam.

Some kind of suli monk. I always liked the idea of a suli monks and wanted an archetype for them. Personaly suli always fit the flavor of monks. Punches of the elements and all that.

Also a goblin summoner would be cool

Also, You should do a monkey goblin one. not sure which class. maybe a witch or gunslinger.

CinuzIta
2015-01-14, 06:29 PM
Well I like classics, so what about a human dragoon? Y'know, the guy armed with a polearm who jumps very high and lands devasting blows from the sky

Vhaidara
2015-01-15, 12:04 AM
Well...
Summoner Archetypes for all of the Planetouched
Dahmpir and Teifling in general, but especially Paladin and Bloodrager.

Almarck
2015-01-15, 12:06 AM
Alright. So how about an android hunter? Replace the animal companion with a machine that acts like an animal like how the race acts like a humanoid?

Secret Wizard
2015-01-16, 04:36 AM
Also, You should do a monkey goblin one. not sure which class. maybe a witch or gunslinger.

MAYBE MONK? (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Onn0i7SMT4aVLsXzTAh_XZnrUCDYMuJFbVwnJcu_-3Q/edit?usp=sharing) I think this one came out awesome -- it's long, but so are most Monk archetypes.

Well I like classics, so what about a human dragoon? Y'know, the guy armed with a polearm who jumps very high and lands devasting blows from the sky

Something like that is in the works for Undines... I still want to do a Human one, I was thinking about Swashbuckler that used the Buckler effectively.

Well...
Summoner Archetypes for all of the Planetouched
Dahmpir and Teifling in general, but especially Paladin and Bloodrager.

The Dhampir and Tiefling archetypes I've made are really really cool, you should give them a look.

I try not to do Summoners since the class is a mess and I've rarely met someone who allows it.

Alright. So how about an android hunter? Replace the animal companion with a machine that acts like an animal like how the race acts like a humanoid?

This is a great idea! I'm thinking perhaps making a Turret Summoner Hunter, basically animating a gun. This would give it more personality than "it's the same but we are robots beep boop".

ALSO: I constantly add new archetypes, so keep the reddit thread under watch!

Drelua
2015-01-18, 01:31 AM
Some of these archetypes are really cool! I second the suggestion of a Suli Monk, possibly built around Elemental Assault. Maybe replace Stunning Fist with an ability to apply different status effects based on what energy type you're using? Something for dhampirs would be great too, though I can't think of what.

I'm trying to tweak the Antipaladin for an E6 game where my friend wants to eventually become a vampire, so your Antipaladin archetypes gave me a lot of ideas. I like the idea of not being required to be a lunatic.

My one complaint would be that I feel like there should be more options for Core Races, but I guess they're plain enough that they tend not to be very inspiring.

Secret Wizard
2015-01-18, 07:25 PM
In the next hours I'll post a Halfling one!

Secret Wizard
2015-01-28, 07:19 PM
Quite a few have been posted since I last made this!

Also, for those wanting core race archetypes, the Dwarf is here already (Gnome was one of the first, too), and soon after will come Elves, Half-Elves and Halflings.

I am missing Humans and Half-Orcs, but I have ideas.

Drelua
2015-02-07, 05:29 PM
I really like the Bladewarden, it looks like a lot of fun to play. One thing that feels like it's missing is a Tradition for fighting with a shield. It could be offensive or defensive, maybe granting some abilities that reward you for using the shield as your main weapon, or just giving better AC, maybe cover at some point.