PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next D&D 5e Minotaur Playable Race

Thrathgnar
2015-01-04, 10:03 PM
One of the younger players in my D&D group wants to play as a Minotaur, and the DM said it was ok. I volunteered to homebrew the class, so I'd like to see what you guys think.

Half-Minotaur (Don't think a full one will work out as well)

Ability scores: Str +1, Con +2

Attack: Gore
+Str to hit, does 2d4 damage

Charge
If the player moves at least 10 feet straight toward a target and then hits it with a gore attack on the same turn, the target takes an extra 2d4 piercing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 14 saving throw or be pushed up to 10 feet away and knocked prone

Labyrinthine Recall
The player can perfectly recall any path it has traveled

Is this balanced? Too strong or too weak compared to the RAW races? I wanted to give a +2 in Str and Con, but I don't know if there would be a nerf appropriate enough for it or not. Thoughts? Thanks!

Rfkannen
2015-01-04, 11:18 PM
Seems pretty good, I dont see any problem with sticking large on there and makeing him a full minotaur. I mean if that was what he wanted to play. If you want to make it large than just use this and call it a full one. If that is what they want to play I see no reason to make them only play a half a one.

Thrathgnar
2015-01-04, 11:54 PM
Seems pretty good, I dont see any problem with sticking large on there and makeing him a full minotaur. I mean if that was what he wanted to play. If you want to make it large than just use this and call it a full one. If that is what they want to play I see no reason to make them only play a half a one.

Thanks for the advice. I'll include that he can be large

Also, he might play a rogue or bard for the lolz

Logosloki
2015-01-05, 06:50 AM
If you are after an alternative, this is from the musicus race catalogue.

Minotaurs (Musicus Score: 6)
● 2 Strength = 2
● Darkvision 60 = .5
● +10 Movement speed = 1
● Natural Weapon: Gore = 1
Plains Minotaur (+1.5)
● 1 Constitution = 1
● Keen Senses = .5
Maze Minotaur (+1.5)
● 1 Wisdom = 1
● Labyrinthine recall = .5

Natural Weapon: Gore = 1
Natural Weapon dealing 1d6+STR damage. Damage increases to 2d6 at level 5, 3d6 at level 11,
and 4d6 at level 17. Requires entire action to use this attack. Does not function with Extra
attack. Minotaurs are proficient in goring.
Labyrinthine Recall = .5
The Minotaur can perfectly recall any path it has traveled.

7ft is still within medium so you don't need to worry about boosting to large (half-orcs are 5-7ft and are still medium).

CrusaderJoe
2015-01-05, 05:13 PM
Might I suggest the Minotaurling?

:smalltongue:

Ralanr
2015-04-05, 11:12 PM
What's the saving throw? Dex, Str, or Con?