Initiative: -1
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 18 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +10 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Slam +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 Slams +9 melee (1d6+5)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Breath weapon
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/magic and slashing, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to magic, low-light vision, reanimate, vulnerable to fire
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +0, Will +1
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 8, Con –, Int –, Wis 10, Cha 1
Skills: –
Feats: Ability Focus (Breath Weapon)B
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 7
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 8-12 HD (Large), 13-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: –

Moss Golems are more powerful forms of Wickerthralls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2294904#post2294904). Like their lesser cousins, they are capable of reforming their bodies after being destroyed. Their great strength and nigh-indestructibility makes them ideal guardians and warriors, and many druids create them to serve just such a purpose. A Moss Golem appears to be nothing more than a animate, humanoid-shaped mass of moss, but it possesses an internal framework of wicker, which gives it its man-like form.

Breath Weapon (Ex)
As a standard action, a Moss Golem may breath out a 40 ft. cone of spores. These spores rapidly grow into a layer of moss, entangling any creatures within the cone that fail a DC 16 Reflex save. An entangled creature may, as a full round action, attempt a DC 16 Strength check or Escape Artist check to disentangle itself. After nine minutes, the moss dies and withers, freeing any creatures that remain entangled. All saves are Constitution based. Once a Moss Golem has used this ability, it must wait 1d4 rounds before it may use it again.

Immunity to Magic (Ex)
A Moss Golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below. A magical attack that deals fire damage deals 150% normal damage to a Moss Golem. The Antiplant Barrier and Blight spells affect a Moss Golem as if it was a plant. Plant Growth restores a Moss Golem to full health.

Reanimate (Su)
A Moss Golem is capable of reforming its body after being destroyed. 1d6 rounds after being reduced to 0 hp, an Moss Golem’s body reforms, and it is returned to full hp. It can take only partial actions in the round immediately after it reforms. Only by completely destroying or burning the body of an Moss Golem can this reanimation be prevented. An Moss Golem who is destroyed by a disintegrate spell or similar effect cannot reanimate. In addition, an Moss Golem that is dealt 25 or more points of fire damage is so badly burned that it cannot reanimate unless that damage is restored. In addition, once an Moss Golem has been reduced to 0 hp, a character may set it on fire with flint and tinder or similar means as a full-round action, destroying it finally.

Creating a Moss Golem
The body of an Moss Golem is formed from assorted mosses, fungi, and lichens, which can be easily scavenged from any forest, and a wickerwork skeleton, worth 75 gp. Assembling the body requires a DC 14 Craft (Basketweaving) or Craft (Wickerwork) check.

CL 13th. Craft Construct, animate plants, entangle, heal. Cost 10,075 gp + 800 xp. Price 20,000 gp.

[hr]
Wickerthrall
Medium Construct
Hit Dice: 4d10+20 (42 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), climb 10 ft.
Armor Class: 15 (+1 Dex, +4 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+6
Attack: Slam +6 melee (1d4+3)
Full Attack: 2 Slams +6 melee (1d4+3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: –
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 3/slashing, darkvision 60 ft., reanimate, vulnerable to fire
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +1
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 12, Con –, Int –, Wis 10, Cha 1
Skills: –
Feats: –
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 5-8 HD (Medium), 9-10 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: –

Wickerthrall are constructs most often created by druids. Although they are relatively weak, they have a unique advantage. Wickerthrall are capable of magically recreating their bodies after being destroyed, making them all but indestructible. For this reason, many druids will create an Wickerthrall to serve as a spy or a guard. The body of an Wickerthrall is a shamble of sylvan detritus–dead wood, fallen leaves, moss and fungus, and similar, contained within a wickerwork skeleton.

Reanimate (Su)
A Wickerthrall is capable of reforming its body after being destroyed. 1d6 rounds after being reduced to 0 hp, an Wickerthrall’s body reforms, and it is returned to full hp. It can take only partial actions in the round immediately after it reforms. Only by completely destroying or burning the body of an Wickerthrall can this reanimation be prevented. An Wickerthrall who is destroyed by a disintegrate spell or similar effect cannot reanimate. In addition, an Wickerthrall that is dealt 15 or more points of fire damage is so badly burned that it cannot reanimate unless that damage is restored. In addition, once an Wickerthrall has been reduced to 0 hp, a character may set it on fire with flint and tinder or similar means as a full-round action, destroying it finally.

Creating an Wickerthrall
The body of an Wickerthrall is formed from assorted plant detritus, which can be easily scavenged from any forest, and a wickerwork skeleton, worth 15 gp. Assembling the body requires a DC 10 Craft (Basketweaving) or Craft (Wickerwork) check.

CL 7th. Craft Construct, command plants, reincarnation. Cost 6,015 gp + 480 xp. Price 12,000 gp.

Icewalker
2007-03-31, 07:54 PM
Wow. Very cool, I like it. The entangling spore breath weapon is a very nice touch. This would make a nice addition for any druids who need combat backup. I'd say good work all around.

I'd change the DR on Moss Golems to just magic though: piercing and bludgeoning weapons could deal damage, as I'd guess the moss is somewhat like flesh in terms of being hit. Although I guess slashing would be the most effective. Just an idea.

Sage in the Playground
2007-03-31, 08:02 PM
I voted for everything. I justdo that whenever I see a multiple choice poll.

The Demented One
2007-03-31, 08:24 PM
I voted for everything. I justdo that whenever I see a multiple choice poll.
Sigh...that's not very purposeful, as your votes just cancel each other out, and make things messier.Would you mind not doing that?

Sage in the Playground
2007-03-31, 08:28 PM
Sigh...that's not very purposeful, as your votes just cancel each other out, and make things messier.Would you mind not doing that?

Yes. Yes, in fact I would. Screw inconvient logical arguments. Let CHAOS reign.

The Demented One
2007-03-31, 08:33 PM
Yes. Yes, in fact I would. Screw inconvient logical arguments. Let CHAOS reign.
That's not chaotic, that's just poor manners! :smalltongue:

Matthew
2007-04-04, 06:34 PM
Indeed.

Very flavourful, though I was expecting some sort of Wickerman reference. Good stuff, add it in.

DragonTounge
2007-06-06, 12:25 PM
I like the idea of a golem made of natural materials. Good idea.:smallbiggrin:

aaron_the_cow
2007-06-06, 03:37 PM
this is cool, but you could easly didtroy it with a fireball or burning hands.