PDA

View Full Version : Alchemical or spells

Ever Phasm
2007-04-03, 01:53 PM
I have had some great ideas for spells or alchemical items but cannot decide if they should be spells or alchemical items.

If they are alchemical items they will be expensive and if not then they will be spells between 3-7 level.

Right now I only have the effects down for sure. If you guys think the effects are worthy of a spell and not a alchemical item then I will make more details. Otherwise I will make prices and craft DC's.

Effects
Gripless: removes all friction from an area
incredible spice: (ingested or spell) the subject must succeed on a fortitude save or take 1d6 points of nonlethal damage per round as well as suffer the effects of a torrent of tears spell (complete mage).
expanding shadows (black dust put on light source) the torch, lantern, etc. illuminates half the radius it should normally
Pungent Herbs Throws off odors (negates all other scents in area). These powdered herbs wreak to high heaven and can sicken creatures with the scent ability as well as mask other smells.
Moth balls act as repel vermin but works on swarms and monstrous vermin of small size or less. (also keeps your clothes from getting eaten by moths)
Carapace (requires Tarrasque blood) for 1hour grants the carapace special ability of the Tarrasque. (DM hint: make a mission to collect Tarrasque blood)

Kyace
2007-04-03, 01:58 PM
Gripless = Perpetual motion machine?

Or is this a splash weapon that recreates the grease spell?

Ever Phasm
2007-04-03, 02:06 PM
Gripless is meant to make an even more entertaining version of grease.

If I make it a spell it will act like grease (only better) and if an item it will be a splash weapon meant for targeting the floor.

alchemy.freak
2007-04-03, 09:04 PM
i think all of these should probably be items. it seems to make more sense