PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Retraining the Master of War(Battlemaster fix)

Amnoriath
2015-01-26, 02:36 PM
Battlemaster(rev.)
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/8354904/images/1267507041446.jpg
Combat Superiority: This is like the original class feature except you only get two superiority dice. Additionally you gain advantage on Intelligence based checks to gain knowledge of an opponent's techniques/abilities in battle. If you can observe a creature for 1 minute you can choose to automatically know one of the following things.

Number of hit die and type of class levels it possesses.
The exact number of all ability scores it possesses.
How many and what kind of skills, weapons, and armor proficiencies it possesses.

Student of War: At level 7 you gain 2 superiority die and you become proficient in an Artisan's tool of your choice. You may use your maneuvers even when not initiating a directly offensive attack. This means you can use any number objects as well as any ways you are capable of which may allow you initiate a maneuver without provoking a hostile response so long as you aren't using a lethal object. You must still make an attack as normal using either your strength or dexterity and targets are allowed an Insight check against your attack roll to treat as dangerous. Finally any item you create can be specially made to deliver one maneuver you know. While you are using it any save DC's from that maneuver are increased by 2 and you may reroll your superiority die taking the better result.

Improved Combat Superiority: At level 10 you gain 2 superiority die and you may use d10's for your superiority die. At level 18 you may roll d12's instead. Additionally when you would use a superiority die for a maneuver you may roll another die of the same size to add it to the damage roll or the damage of your next attack which ever is applicable.

Master of War: At level 15 you may always roll initiative even while surprised and gain one superiority die while doing so. This becomes two at level 18. Additionally you have advantage on Wisdom based checks to observe and notice features in your environment that could be useful or hazardous in battle. If you spend one minute of time in a 5 mile spread not in battle or performing a task that requires full attention you can gain knowledge of one of the following things.

You know where all areas with difficult terrain are and whether they are hazardous or not.
You can determine the total number of creatures distinguishing friend, foe, and harmless but not what specific kind of creatures they are.
You know all locations of suitable food and water.
You can predict the weather over the next 24 hours.

Battle Vindicator: At level 18 you gain two superiority die. If you have information on a foe you are about to use your superiority die on you gain one of the following benefits. Once one of these options are used you can't use another until the beginning of your next turn.

You add 1/2 your proficiency bonus to your next damage roll.
You gain a +2 bonus to your next attack roll.
The foe has disadvantage when making a saving throw against a maneuver you make.
If you would make a successful maneuver against the foe you add 1/2 your proficiency bonus to your AC against its next attack.

Finally you may ready an action as a partial action. You may do this a number of time per short or long rest equal to an amount of times Action Surge can be used.

Amnoriath
2015-01-26, 02:42 PM
Here are some new maneuvers to go with the new chasis.

Battle Ward
Prerequisites: Fighter level 7, Protection fighting style
As a reaction against an attack you can expend a superiority die to add the roll to your AC until the beginning of your next turn. You can also give the AC bonus to any adjacent ally instead if they are attacked in which they benefit so long as they end their turn in an adjacent square.

Dervish Step
Prerequisites: Fighter level 7, one maneuver known
You can expend a superiority die to add the damage a melee attack. After the you made the attack you can move 5 feet outside your normal movement.

Arc Shot
Prerequisites: Fighter level 7, Archery Fighting style
You can expend a superiority die to double your range while adding the die to your damage. Since you don't fire straight you can ignore the normal line of effect so long as the obstruction isn't higher than 1/2 your normal maximum range and it isn't enclosed on top of the target you are striking.

Exorcism of Steel
Prerequisites: Fighter level 7, one maneuver known
You can expend a superiority die to expertly hit a creature in a way to lose the feel of their attacks. They must make a Dexterity save or take disadvantage to their attacks until the beginning of their next turn. Whether they make the save or not if they would succeed in making an attack roll you can roll your superiority die subtracting it from the next damage roll they make.

Amnoriath
2015-01-26, 03:07 PM
Mosquito Bite
Prerequisites: Fighter level 10, Duelist Fighting style
You can expend a superiority die to make an secret attack instead of a normal one while wielding a one-handed weapon and nothing in the other. The opponent must succeed on an Intelligence save or not react at all as if you were making an attack nor will they behave in a manner as if they taken damage. If the damage would force them to lose concentration they would blame something else for it. You add the result of your superiority die to your damage roll. Unlike other maneuver this may be use in conjunction with others.

Hamstring Strike
Prerequisites: Fighter level 10, two maneuvers known
You can expend a superiority die to force a creature you hit with an attack their speed is reduced to zero until the beginning of your next turn unless they succeed on a Constitution save. You add the roll to your damage and if they succeed their speed is reduced by 1/2 until the end of their next turn. This doesn't stack with itself.

Combat Resolve
Prerequisites: Fighter level 10, Defense Fighting style
You can expend a superiority die as a reaction to rolling a saving throw adding the number to your saving throw after you know the result.

Lasting Wound
Prerequisites: Fighter level 10, two maneuvers known
You can expend a superiority die to inflict a grevious would. You add the superiority die to your damage roll. They must make a constitution save or suffer disadvantage to all ability checks and saves associated with a physical attribute of your choice for 4 turns. If they would choose Constitution targets can't maintain concentration. Additionally you roll one superiority die at the beginning of each of your turns inflicting additionally if they failed they save. Non-living creatures have advantage against this save.

Amnoriath
2015-01-26, 03:08 PM
Knockout Blow
Prerequisites: Fighter level 15, three maneuvers known
You can expend a superiority die after you successfuly attacked to force a creature to make a Constitution save or become stunned until the end of your next turn. You add the die to the damage after a failed save.

Rending Assault
Prerequisites: Fighter level 15, Two-Weapon Fighting style, one maneuver known
While wielding a weapon in each hand as you can expend a superiority die after an attack and add it to the damage of your attack. If you would attack with your off hand weapon you can roll your superiority die again to the damage roll.

Devastating Swing
Prerequisites: Fighter level 15, Great Weapon Fighting style, one maneuver known
While wielding a versatile or heavy weapon in two-hands you can expend a superiority die to add it to the damage roll and bypass resistance. Additionally when rolling for damage you add the minimum damage result of your attack to your current damage and the opponent must succeed on a Strength save or an item on their person takes the same damage.

Amnoriath
2015-01-26, 03:11 PM
Fatal Opportunity
Prerequisites: Fighter level 18, must know 5 other maneuvers
If you have advantage on an attack roll against a creature you can expend 3 superiority die adding it to your damage roll. If the creature is at or below 100 hit points it must make a Constitution save or be reduced to 0. Regardless of whether they succeed or fail against the save you can't use this maneuver against them for 24 hours.

Censure Enemy
You can expend 3 superiority die adding to your damage to force a creature after a successful to make a Charisma save or be charmed by you for until the end of your next turn. If you do charm them you can choose to remove the extra damage outside of your normal attack. You can use your bonus action to give it orders on what to do with its next turn. If any of your allies attack the creature it is allowed to make a Charisma save with advantage to break the effect. Once it succeeds on the saving throw it is immune to this maneuver for 24 hours.

Adamantine Hurricane
As an action you can expend 3 superioirity die to unleash a cacophony of blows at some point in your turn. If you are using a melee attack you attack in a 30 foot spread centered around you. If you are using a ranged weapon you attack in a 30 foot cone. Double the damage of you normal attack and add your superiority die to. Enemies are allowed a Dexterity save for half damage.

Amnoriath
2015-01-27, 10:17 AM
Update: Rest of the maneuvers are in.

Amechra
2015-01-27, 01:07 PM
How is Student of War supposed to work? Is it "you can use maneuvers on people without them thinking they are attacks as long as you use a suitable improvised weapon" or "you can use maneuvers with traps"?

Amnoriath
2015-01-27, 02:07 PM
How is Student of War supposed to work? Is it "you can use maneuvers on people without them thinking they are attacks as long as you use a suitable improvised weapon" or "you can use maneuvers with traps"?
It is pretty much the first one.

Amnoriath
2015-01-28, 09:45 AM
Anyone else?

BRKNdevil
2015-01-28, 12:08 PM
I dunno if this will get much. People are seeming to move into the camps of "I don't give a damn about battlemaster", "I understand people are disappointed in battlemaster (its no warblade) but the chasis works fine with it", or "it needs a fix! (specifically mine)"

i mean i have seen over multiple boards different fixes, house rules, and homebrews covering the ranger, fighter/eldritch Knight, and fighter/battlemaster that i can care to count.

Amnoriath
2015-01-29, 12:42 PM
I dunno if this will get much. People are seeming to move into the camps of "I don't give a damn about battlemaster", "I understand people are disappointed in battlemaster (its no warblade) but the chasis works fine with it", or "it needs a fix! (specifically mine)"

i mean i have seen over multiple boards different fixes, house rules, and homebrews covering the ranger, fighter/eldritch Knight, and fighter/battlemaster that i can care to count.

Yeah, I get that but I still would like a breakdown of what some one thinks.