PDA

View Full Version : Prestige class - Weaveblade

02youeng
2007-04-04, 10:08 PM
Before I begin, please note that I have read only the MM, Player's handbook and DM's guide. Feel free to point out stuff that could be different

Weaveblades are fighting arcanists. I always loved chucking my wizard into combat, so I made a prestige class to make him better

Prequisits

BAB of +6
Must be able to cast 4th level arcane spells
Martial proficentcy with at least 1 melee weapon
Must make [not enchant] own weapons

1d4 hit points per lvl
+1 BAB per lvl

1st lvl - +1 lvl of spell casting
2nd lvl - +1 lvl of spell casting, insightful/spontanious strike
3rd lvl - +1 lvl of spell casting, fighter bonus feat
4th lvl - +1 lvl of spell casting, spell storing weapon 3/day
5th lvl - +1 lvl of spell casting, flurry of rays 1/day

[saves as wizard lvls 1-5]

Insightful/spontanious strike: may use your int/cha score instead of your str to modify your roll to hit in combat

Fighter bonus feat: may choose a feat from the list available to fighters

Spellstoring weapon: 3 times a day, when you strike an enemy in combat, you may cast a touch range spell on them as a free action. The maximum lvl of spell that can be cast is equal to the BAB of your character [rounding down], and the character must be wielding a weapon that they created, and that you are proficient with [ie, A wizard with a BAB of +8 could cast a 4th lvl or lower spell on a struck enemy in combat.] Ability cannot be used when firing a missile weapon

Flurry of rays: Once per day, as a full-round action, you may make a full attack, but using ray spells instead [ie, if your BAB is +11, you may make a full attack using 3 scorching rays, with a +11 to hit with the first, +6 with the second, and +1 to hit with the third.] The spells need not be the same ones, and may be cast on different targets. You must we wielding a weapon your character created, that you are proficient with. The maximum lvl of spell that can be used is equal to half the BAB of the character, rounding down [if you have a BAB of +11, you may use 5th lvl or lower spells.]

Matthew
2007-04-06, 05:09 PM
You might consider taking a look at the Format Thread for presenting this, as it makes it a lot easier on the eye.

So, a Character has to be a Wizard 7 / Fighter 3 to take this Prestige Class? Seems okay, but you need to tidy it up, as several sentences are not clear, such as:

'The maximum lvl of spell that can be cast is equal to the BAB of your character [rounding down], and the character must be wielding a weapon that they created, and that you are proficient with '

Mixed prepositions and failure to actually say half the BAB.