PDA

View Full Version : Quick Leadership Question

JaronK
2007-04-04, 11:44 PM
Do cohorts follow standard wealth by level, or something else? And if so, where can I find that information?

JaronK

Macrovore
2007-04-04, 11:47 PM
I think cohorts get normal starting wealth for their level. either that, or NPC wealth for their level. (PC wealth tables are on pg 135 of the DMG, and NPC tables are...somewhere...in the NPC chapter. i think)

but followers, you have to equip yourself. which makes it NOT BROKEN!!!

Roland St. Jude
2007-04-04, 11:48 PM
Cohorts have gear appropriate to an NPC of their level. DMG p.106. (Look under the table where it says Cohort Level).

(The actual NPC WBL chart is on p.127)

Innis Cabal
2007-04-04, 11:49 PM
i make sure they all have profession so they can make their own money when they arnt being used and put it into a fund

JaronK
2007-04-04, 11:52 PM
Also, a cohort can only be attracted if they're 2 levels lower than the character. Can the cohort level up from there to be equal level, or are they always stuck two levels lower?

JaronK

TheOOB
2007-04-04, 11:53 PM
When you attract a cohort it has gear as an NPC of it's level, which is usually significantly less then a PC's. The table is on pg 127 of the DMG. The table can't be posted here as it's not OGL.

That said, it should be noted that Leadership is a tool of the DM to add more members to the party without needed to control an NPC of their own, and not a tool for every player to have a little cleric buddy. Just as it's up to the DM if you can even take it, your DM might have specific ideas on how much gear the cohort should or should not have.

EDIT: Wow, simu-posted. Anyways, a cohort cannot gain a level if doing so would make them only 1 level lower then their master.

Roland St. Jude
2007-04-04, 11:54 PM
From the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#leadership)...

Cohort Level
Cohorts earn XP as follows:
The cohort does not count as a party member when determining the party’s XP.
Divide the cohort’s level by the level of the PC with whom he or she is associated (the character with the Leadership feat who attracted the cohort).
Multiply this result by the total XP awarded to the PC and add that number of experience points to the cohort’s total.
If a cohort gains enough XP to bring it to a level one lower than the associated PC’s character level, the cohort does not gain the new level—its new XP total is 1 less than the amount needed attain the next level.

Macrovore
2007-04-04, 11:54 PM
nope. but there may be a feat in heroes of battle (awesome book) that increases the cohort level. If he gets to be 2 lvls lower, he stays that way until you level up. He can be lower than yours-2, but no higher (barring, as I said, other things like that feat, or Thrallherds)

crap. Ninja'd